BrowserStack is the industry’s most reliable cloud web and mobile testing platform, used by more than 2 million developers across 135 countries. We empower teams to speed up release cycles and deploy websites and mobile applications that work seamlessly on any user interface.
Users can choose from more than 1,200 on-demand real mobile devices, browsers and operating systems and rely on a secure, stable and scalable infrastructure to support thousands of concurrent manual and automated tests. By reducing the time, cost and maintenance overhead associated with testing, we help software teams keep focus on what matters most - building better products and services with amazing experiences.
More than 25,000 global companies rely on BrowserStack, including industry-leaders like Microsoft, ING, Mastercard, Dow Jones, Garmin, National Geographic, Volvo, NRK, HubSpot, Walt Disney and AngularJS, to name a few. With offices in San Francisco, Mumbai and Dublin, BrowserStack is privately held and backed by Accel. Learn more at: www.browserstack.com.
The right person is better than the right set of experiences and these are the traits we’ve
identified make great additions to our team.
BE//BTech/ME/MTech in Computer Science or a related field from a Tier I or Tier II
6-8 years of hands-on software development and deployment experience (experience of
working in a consumer product startup during its growth phase will be a plus) of which 1 – 2
years of experience would be in leading a team of software developers.
Expertise in Java 8+ and Spring Boot is a must
Good experience in messaging platforms like RabbitMQ/Kafka
Good experience in distributed systems and relational & NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL,
MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
Expertise in one or more of: Python, NodeJS, GoLang would be preferred
Must have hands on experience in products which handle multiple concurrent calls (API),
handle CPU intensive jobs, consist of multiple asynchronous system calls.
Worked on microservices based architecture and design
Managed/ Owned infrastructure on AWS/Microsoft Azure/private clouds and setup high
Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
Knowledge of RESTful APIs, caching concepts, the HTTP protocol and general web
Web developement experience is a must!
Graduation /B.tech/B.E completion is a must to apply for this role.
- Write clear and effective API documentation.
- Write codes to integrate applications being used by various stakeholders
- Write and review test cases to QA pass your own code.
- Write/review test cases for code and process coverage
- Review code for both oneself and team members
- Reviewing designs, code, and processes from a system security standpoint
- Defining and building micro-services
- Building systems with positive business impact
- Tracking module health, usage, behaviour tracking, measure and improve code and processes
- An engineer with at least 1-5 years of working experience in web services, preferably in Python
- Must have penchant for good API design.
- Must be a Stickler for good clear and secure coding
- Must have built and released APIs in production
- Experience in working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Full stack development on cutting edge technology in Fintech domain.
- Ownership of complete backend code.
You should Have :
- Server Side languages knowledge: Node.js and express.js is the first choice, Python, Java
- At least 3+ years of server-side programming experience. We prefer ability over experience
- Solid experience working with databases, especially relational DB.
- Solid experience with version control (Git or Bitbucket or SVN).
- B.E. in Computer Science or Graduate/PG degree in Computer Science (this is optional, as we are more interested in your abilities and experience over a paper degree).
- Any experience working with real time projects in backend with node.js and express.js
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
Good to have : Oracle, WAS/Tomcat server knowledge and basic knowledge of shell scripting.
In this role, the individual will be part of the engineering team and will be responsible for
* Participating and collaborating with Product Owner/ Cross-functional teams in the organization to understand the business requirements and to deliver solutions that can scale.
* Design and Develop API in NodeJS using Express JS framework with relevant middleware integrations.
* Designing and implementing software that is simple, intuitive, and easy to use with Test first driven Approach.
* Proactively anticipating problems and keeping the team and management informed in a timely manner.
* 1-2 years experience in designing and building secure large-scale systems.
* Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
* Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
* Strong in REST, GraphQL API frameworks.
* Knowledge of securing REST APIs using OAuth, JWT, etc.
* Experience in designing and working with No SQL Databases such as Mongo etc.
* Experience in designing and working with SQL Databases such as MySQL, Postgres, etc.
* Experience in building solutions on top of any of cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with building service side applications with object-oriented design and Multi-page MVC architecture.
* Actively practicing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Java developer responsibilities include designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience as a Sun Certified Java Developer
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
We are a fast growing Chennai-based startup (with venture funding) and clients like Swiggy!
We are here for the long run and are led by strong engineers with experience at top tier firms
and authors of Java Standards at Sun Microsystems
We're building an awesome enterprise product that is already transforming businesses across
We have raised investment, so this role will not vanish in a few months
Our mentors include the Vice Chairman of HCL Technologies, Chairman of Singapore Airlines,
Senior leaders from LinkedIn etc.
Other background information
We're looking for strong, passionate developers who want to join our team and grow
We move fast, and will make you an offer in a few days for the right person
The job location will be in Chennai (it is the SaaS capital of India)
Please only apply if you are open to moving to Chennai (or are already here)
This won't be a 10 - 6 job, but you will be given amazing responsibilities
You will learn a ton, have a lot of flexibility, and have fun while doing it!
2. Build cutting edge applications in Node.JS, React/Angular etc.
3. Work on new tech that we are already some of the leading users of (like Firebase)
4. Work closely with mobile team, UX and PM team to construct creative solutions
5. Develop reusable custom components that can be used across application at run time
6. Optimize, improve efficiency, scalability, stability of application
7. MUST BE reliable, and be able to communicate clearly
8. MUST BE able to own and deliver their own work within deadlines, professionally
Bonus Points for experience using Firebase, NoSQL, or building high-scale applications.
Nice Friday team lunches
Informal work environment - without hierarchy
Stock options (in lakhs)
Stipend to attend conferences
Potential travel to Singapore
Notice period: less than 45 days.
CTC :No bar for right candidate.
5+ relevant experience.
Candidates comfortable to relocate at Chennai can apply.