With over 40 years of innovation, Quantum's end-to-end platform is uniquely equipped to orchestrate protect, and enrich data across its lifecycle, providing enhanced intelligence and actionable insights. Leading organizations in cloud services, entertainment, government, research, education, transportation, and enterprise IT trust Quantum to bring their data to life, because data makes life better, safer, and smarter. Quantum is listed on Nasdaq (QMCO) and the Russell 2000® Index. For more information visit www.quantum.com.
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate with engineers and product managers on the development and maintenance of Quantum’s DXi-Series of disk-based backup appliance software. Quantum’s DXi series protects our customers data on premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment.
You Are A Part Of:
DXi is a uniquely powerful solution within the Quantum portfolio, allowing customers to meet and exceed their backup needs with one of the fastest products on the market. You’ll work on a product that allows customers to reduce costs, maximize production, scale with ease, and positively impact the environment by reducing power and cooling requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Write code primarily for Linux systems, with programming languages including Python, C, C++, and Perl.
• Design and build differentiating feature sets that continue to expand product capabilities, both on premises and in the cloud.
• Work with development, test, service, and support engineers to develop tactical solutions for customer issues.
• May design and develop automated test suites.
• May maintain lab equipment.
Required Skills and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study required.
• 5-10 years related industry experience required.
• 5+ years software development in C or C++ is required.
• 3-5 years’ experience working in a Linux environment is required.
• Experience in writing scripts: Perl, shell, bash, and/or other scripting tools is required.
• Experience with debugging tools such as GDB is required.
• Experience with source control and shared build environments is required.
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
Experience: 3 to 5 Years
Primary skills: C#, ASP.NET, SQL, REST API
- 3+ years strong experience in C#, ASP.NET MVC.
- Experience with REST APIs and JWT
- Experience with Github.
- Strong understanding of Linux, Repository Pattern, and SQL Server
- Experience with Docker Basics
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- 2+ years of Hands-on experience in Python, Django, Flask, Bottle, Design Patterns, Web Services (SOAP/HTTP, REST APIs)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Postgress, MongoDB.
- Experience with cache-store / message broker like Redis / RabbitMQ / Kafka
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in front-end development using react.js is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial /bitBucket.
- DevOps knowledge to deploy code in production and hands-on experience with docker / Kubernetes.
- Self-motivated and a good team player.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a reputed Institute
- 5 to 8 years of experience with Python, and well versed with RDBMS (SQL Server preferred).
- Should have good experience in Data Structures, Algorithms, NumPy, and Pandas.
- Familiar with JSON and REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented and parallel programming techniques
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Hands-on experience in API development and frameworks such Express, Loopback, Hapi.
- Good Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database.
- Experience in test driven development. (writing unit test and API test).
- Understanding of basic cloud computing concepts and experience in using any of the major cloud service providers(AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Ability to build and deploy the application in a containerized environment.
- Understanding of application logging and monitoring systems like Prometheus or Kibana.
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech/M.S. from a reputed university with a good academic record.
- Curiosity to explore the cutting edge technologies and bake them in the products.
- Zeal and drive to take end to end ownership.
- Lead the development of the backend systems for our first product
- Build reliable, secure and performant backend systems
- Drive test coverage and continuous delivery automation within the team
- Mentor and provide feedback to teammates
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Deep and wide knowledge of Java ecosystem
- Can write code that is readable, maintainable, secure and performant
- Know the importance of tests and how to approach writing different types of tests
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Deep understanding of relational databases, transactions, entity-relationship modeling
- Comfortable writing highly concurrent systems
- Experienced in using profilers, tuning garbage collection, optimizing SQL queries
Desired Skills and Experience
- Golang , Java , Python , Ruby
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for systems and strategies used by our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
+ Design, build and maintain low latency, high-performance electronic trading platform components, with a focus on market data, exchange and client connectivity and risk controls.
+ Deliver continuous optimization for latency, scale and resiliency improvements.
+ Participate in system builds for various markets globally, have curiosity and interest in understanding market microstructure details, work closely with engineering, sales and product teams globally for successful delivery of projects.
+ Basic Qualifications
+ Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
+ 3+ years of professional experience developing deterministic high performance, low latency systems in C++ (counted in single digit microseconds)
+ Prior experience with FIX and binary exchange connectivity and market data protocols preferred
+ Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
+ Critical path analysis, performance optimization and hardware acceleration.
+ Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
+ Experience developing distributed architecture systems and messaging protocols
+ Strong analytical and problem solving skills
+ Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated, results driven and commercially focused
+ Software development in C++ in the context of high performance (low-latency, high-throughput) real-time computing.
+ Familiarity with STL and C++11/14 language extensions, Boost
+ Network programming (sockets, TCP/UDP/Multicast protocols)
+ Multi-threading, concurrent programming
+ Intimate knowledge of compilers, flow of data at hardware level (memory/caches, buses) + Some experience with FPGA or other hardware acceleration technologies
+ Experience processing large static datasets as well as high volume ticking data sources + Over 3 years' experience in Financial industry(Good to have)