EAGLE Power Holdings aims to launch a portfolio of new energy retail brands, all of which enjoy the efficiency of a single technology platform. We want to do more than offer cheap "green" tariffs, and believe that our range of engaging brands can identify with shifts in consumer preferences (e.g. growth of EV usage), with the value of local communities, and with proactive support of broader ESG causes.
Our long-term strategy is technology-driven, and involves unlocking value through the digitalisation of processes around customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. Developers at EAGLE flourish in an agile process where collaboration and ego-free communication is valued. We believe in developing working software throughout the entire product development process. We engage in product thinking as a team and cross-functionality among product managers, designers, and domain experts is promoted.
How you fit in
Engineering is the executional function of EAGLE's software delivery wing. As a senior server-side developer at Eagle, you will drive complex projects being built from scratch, and lead the junior members of the team. Not only are you expected to write clean, tested, and maintainable code, you will also be a central part of a product team that iterates constantly, ships regularly, and learns continuously. You will have the creative freedom for learning, experimenting, and responsible risk-taking in a startup environment.
What your role consists of:
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, and product owners to build & ship new features and maintain/enhance existing ones
- Design & develop software solutions while ensuring the solution is scalable and can handle large data, complex analytics, and multi-tenancy
- Implement best practices of test-driven development, automated deployment, refactoring and code standards
- Tackle complex problems, consider multiple solutions, and determine the best course of action
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Help inform product prioritisation and scoping decisions by evaluating technical complexity and risk
- Work on internal tooling to improve the development experience of other engineers and ship faster and safer
- Provide junior engineers with feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards, and leading practices when appropriate
What you bring to this role:
- 4+ years of significant experience building scalable web applications in a distributed, collaborative, agile environment while delivering solutions on a regular cadence
- An ownership mindset: you should look not only at what you’re asked to do, but ask why you’re doing it and how it impacts on the rest of the product, our customers, and whether it makes sense
- Extensive experience with distributed service architecture
- Extensive experience with modern NoSQL technologies
- Extensive experience in cloud automation & test-driven development
- Excellent communication skills and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to to mentor or coach less experienced engineers
- Passion for the whole product process. You will have your specific areas of focus, but we find those that are passionate about the bigger picture collaborate best with cross-functional teams
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with Serverless infrastructure
- Experience with multi-tenant system designing
- Experience with building & integrating CI/CD pipelines
Where we are
While the company is registered in the UK, the software delivery wing is built to be remote-first. Whether you prefer to be in situ or a digital nomad (or anything in between), you are welcome. We are not inclined to support relocation to London for candidates that are not already based there, as we are a remote-first company.
What’s in it for you
We offer competitive salaries based on prevailing rates in your local employment market, but there is further room to negotiate if you are the right candidate. In addition to your basic package, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited annual leave
- On-the-job coaching, and access to mentorship by industry and domain thought leaders
- Full or partial sponsorship for professional/skill development courses, certifications, and other learning opportunities (evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Monthly allowance package for remote working (coworking membership or cash allowance)
About EAGLE Power Holdings
In a nutshell: Transforming energy retail and supply through cutting-edge software and AI technology
The venture is in ‘stealth mode’ as we lay the foundations for blast-off. It has been launched by a team with a history of entrepreneurial successes. These include one in the climate change space which services the Californian and North America carbon markets, and another which provides highly refined machine learning software to the energy arena in Asia. Both companies were acquired last year.
This start-up was launched in London at the end of 2020, and will focus on the deregulated energy market in GB. The mission is to discover, or invent, a viable business and operational model for energy retail within the near-zero-cost energy ecosystem that the world is moving towards. This transformation is driven by the ever-decreasing prices of renewables/alternative generation, and by the exponentially growing volumes of national energy system data. We believe these factors have yet to truly disrupt the market, and intend to accelerate the sharing of value back to consumers.
About Eagle Power
● Care about things like fault tolerance, durability, backups and recovery,
performance, maintainability, code simplicity etc.
● Lead a team of software engineers and help create an environment of ownership
● Introduce best practices of software development and ensure their adoption
across the team.
● Help set and maintain coding standards for the team.
Our client is the Health-tech initiative of India's largest business house. Started in 2015, it empowers healthcare providers and consumers in India. All healthcare monitoring services are made available through an app that will help connect doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, laboratories and consumers, enabling preventive and predictive healthcare. It helps the care-givers to track the entire patient journey from the initial appointment and maintaining their records, generating lab test reports to providing virtual consultation and home-care solutions. It is expected that this futuristic guide will strengthen doctor-patient relationship and enhance the in-clinic experience.
As the Java Programmer, you will be responsible for developing cutting edge health-tech applications that include high scale transaction processing, intelligent bot based programs and data analytics.
What you will do:
- Building components for the company's advanced health tech platform using Java, Solr, SpringBoot, DialogFlow
- Communicating effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and solutions effectively
- Participating in technical planning and requirements gathering phases including design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications
- Developing the Code as per the requirements
- Working with product team and constructing the tech roadmap
- Designing, building and scaling the company's backend microservices
- Maintaining code integrity and organization
- Applying all quality requirements to make the code production ready
- Developing and deploying new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Developing documentation related to technical aspects and to facilitate current support, development, upgrades, or migrations
- Designing and building efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Pro actively catching and fixing bugs, and providing support for the back end services
- Managing servers and infrastructure by keeping the lights on and refining the deployment architecture
What you need to have:
- Expert at hands on programming in JAVA and J2EE
- Must be from Product based companies (Should have developed Web Apps)
- Proven expertise in Java interfaces with MongoDB (or similar noSQL databases) as well as relational databases (mySQL, Postgres etc)
- Key contributor in atleast one 6+ months development project involving SpringBoot and Hibernate
- Strong understanding of application server infrastructure
- Good working knowledge of Maven based build systems
- Good understanding of build and deployment pipelines that involve ANT and Jenkins
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git or SVN
- Good knowledge of working on Rest APIs, Webservices
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience with Lucene/Solr
- Familiarity with DiagFlow based chat bot building
- Knowledge of NLP
- Learnt AI/ML systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Able to effectively collaborate with a team as well as take initiative and work independently to solve problems
• Design, build, and maintain scalable applications using Python.
• Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements
based on business need and architectural improvements.
• Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.
• Handle server-side code for a production platform and contribute to new features
To be the right fit, you'll need:
• More than 4+ years of experience as a software developer in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc.
• Good understanding of common design patterns and architecture principles to design reliable and Scalable applications
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of databases line NoSQL or MongoDB
• Good to have AWS and Docker or Web services
This role isn't limited to the software development or support, it involves less coding but more Consulting, Architectural designing/High Availability system designing, Solutioning, Migration, Optimization, customer handling, etc.
MongoDB is expanding our global team of consulting engineers and is building a new team to deliver remote consulting services to further our ongoing plans for worldwide growth!
MongoDB Professional Services works with customers of all shapes and sizes in all verticals, from tier-1 banks to small web startups, on a variety of interesting use cases from e-commerce platforms to trading systems to social media applications. Solve interesting problems, gain incredible cross-stack experience, work with the best and brightest people in the business, network with industry leaders, and see new places - all in a day’s work!
MongoDB consulting exists to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
Be one of the recognized experts in this rapidly growing field in a high-growth software company successfully challenging the status quo of the database industry.
You will get an opportunity to work with Global customers (APAC, EMEA, and North America) So this would require you to work in monthly rotational shifts.
We will be providing Cab for the pick-up & Drop, (Night Shift Allowances will be given & Cab’s aren’t chargeable)
We are looking for candidates who have a **strong development background along with Systems Architecture experience and want to make their career in Consulting Engineering,** This role isn't limited to the software development or support, it involves less coding but more Consulting, Architectural designing/High Availability system designing, Solutioning, Migration, Optimization, customer handling, etc. The ideal candidate should be a highly technical individual, with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and comfortable working remotely to match customer time zones for our Atlas customers.
Our ideal candidate will have
* Excellent analytical, diagnostic skills, and problem-solving skills
* High motivation for a role that combines deep technical and customer-management dimensions
* Confidence speaking and presenting in a collaborative customer setting
* **5+ years of software development/consulting/support experience**, preferably in a number of distinct industries/verticals
* Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and software deployment and operations
* Experience with databases such as MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
* Familiarity with Linux diagnostics and tuning; Windows tuning knowledge is a plus
* Experience working with public cloud technologies specifically AWS, Azure & GCP
* Should be ready to and comfortable working in shifts to match the customer time zone/s during the working week
* **As a core member of the MongoDB Professional Services team, you will Contribute to helping migrate customers from self-hosted MongoDB on-prem/cloud to Atlas**
* Contribute to customer implementations at any or all phases of the application lifecycle: portfolio assessment, application planning, and design, deployment architectures, development and build, integration and release configuration, system testing, production operations, application optimization, and best practices adoption
* Work as part of a wider delivery team comprising fellow consulting engineers, project managers, and account teams
* Cultivate your individual MongoDB reputation as a trusted advisor to guide MongoDB and our customers into the future
* Partner with Product and Engineering teams to influence the direction of the MongoDB product roadmap
**As a Consulting Engineer you will be successful in this role when you can execute the following**
Become a field expert in “everything MongoDB”
Communicate complex technical proposals simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
Gain a reputation as a trusted advisor with your clients, large and small
Ensure your client’s success with their MongoDB endeavors
Maintain the required level of billable utilization
Influence MongoDB product development by contributing experience from the field
Successfully communicate the product roadmap to external clients
Constantly work on improving yourself, our products and our team
Do you know, Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career?
Disrupting a $64 Billion market
Top NoSQL database in the world
Largest Ecosystem and the fastest growing database in the world
Close to 17,000 customers in over 100 countries and over 90+ million downloads
120% net ARR expansion rate over each of the last twenty quarters
Sequoia Capital and a number of other Top VC firms have invested in MongoDB. Sequoia Capital calls us out as one of their flagship portfolios; Sequoia has also invested in Apple, Google, Youtube, and WhatsApp
9-figure revenue company, with very high double-digit growth rates
Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
Work with talented people around the globe
Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
**Life at MongoDB**
**Our India office culture**
180+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT & Marketing
Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
Employee affinity groups
**Competitive salary and EQUITY**
Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance.
Free lunch twice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
Macbooks are company standard
**26 weeks Maternity & 20 Paternity leave** to spend time with new arrivals
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*
Animaker's growth is skyrocketing. We plan to make Animaker the world's go-to place for animation & video. We look for someone who is excited to make an impact with a constant everyday effort to set a difference in the project, team, company & the industry as a whole. We’re out to change the world, one video at a time.
- Building scalable web applications
- Integrating UI elements with server-side
- Handling Security and Data Protection
- Integrating front- end with SQL and NoSQL databases and ensuring its consistency
- Building reusable code and libraries
- Optimizing the code to improve its quality and efficiency
- 2+ yrs of Backend development experience
- You have excellent programming skills in python, ORM libraries and Django
- You have experience inbuilt tools like Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Rundeck
- You are an expert in SQL (Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySql, or similar) and NoSQL (MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- You design, build and test RESTful web services.
- You have experience with Apache HTTP, NGINX, Tomcat or Jetty.
EmptyCup is an interior design platform. Our goal is to make good interior design accessible.
To know more about our vision, checkout this intro presentation.
You can also checkout our website here to know more about the product offering.
Senior Backend Engineer (Platform) Full Time Bangalore (Potentially Remote)
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and develop core systems that will be power teams to build services and apps
- Ensure and constantly improve reliability, scalability, security and performance of core apis and infrastructure
- Be proactive in technical decision making and a sound influence in technical discussions
- Work with the product teams to help shape product direction by communicating limitations and possibilities
- Adopt and advocate best practices and guidelines in architecture, code conventions, development practice
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building web services in Python/Go/Java, preferably in Python with excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms and operating systems
- Proven experience in building, deploying and maintaining highly scalable RESTful web services
- Excellent written and oral communication ability in both technical and non tech. aspects
- Good understanding of benchmarking and performance monitoring - concurrency, multi-threading, logging, database optimisations
- Decent knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and familiarity with shipping code quickly and reliably.
What we offer:
- Ownership of the platform core with a clear roadmap.
- A small cool meritocratic team that's driven by passion.
- An inspiring culture that balances creative exploration & heads down execution.
- Cash compensation upto 20L and negotiable stock in a gold mine.
Skills required are Java, microservice,Spring boot, and knowledge of AWS.
Built on a foundation of AI we are automating enterprise application integration, data integration, data preparation for Analytics and bot automation. We are looking to build our engineering development center in Pune with passionate and entrepreneurial developers at all levels (Interns, Fresh Graduates, Senior Software Engineers and Architects).
As a Architect/Technology Lead you will be involved in design and development of enterprise automation. Knowledge of building workflow engines, microservices design patterns, experience with large scale enterprise architectures, springboot, kafka, data management and caching is needed. At a startup you will be wearing multiple hats engineering, presales, talking to customers, setting up operational processes.
We are looking for Senior Backend Engineers to design and build the systems that power our core business of lending and loan processing. As a Senior Backend Engineer you will be expected to contribute significantly to your team. Your work is consistently of high quality. You solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies, design patterns, and best practices. Your focus is on a major portion of existing or new team software. You work with your team to design and build software that is secure, correct, observable, and resilient. Your solutions are pragmatic. You identify the proper level of complexity for a task and advise your peers and manager on technical approach.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement, and maintain developer-friendly APIs and services
- Contribute to code and architecture reviews to keep our code quality high
- Debug and resolve production issues; take part in blameless postmortems
- Plan and execute smooth migrations to new technology as a way of managing technical debt
- Build tools and automation for our business and operations teams
- Make decisions on trade offs such as: Reuse versus introducing dependencies; Extensibility versus over-engineering; and Maintainability versus time to delivery (via short-term workarounds)
- Contribute to the improvement of your team’s code review standards, design discussions, team planning, and AARs.
You may shine in this role if you
- Have a track record of shipping software in a distributed systems environment
- Are enthusiastic about collaborating across departments to solve challenging problems
- Are pragmatic about the need to release less-than-perfect software and continuously iterate on it
- Can identify and articulate trade-offs in software and data design
- Can communicate both technical and business requirements fluently
- Are excited about both learning new things and teaching others