● Good understanding of how the web works
● Experience with at least one language like Java, Python etc
● Good with Shell scripting
● Experience with *Nix based operating systems
● Experience with k8s, containers
● Fairly good understanding of AWS/GCP/Azure
● Troubleshoot and fix outages and performance issues in infrastructure stack
● Identify gap and design automation tools for all feasible functions in infrastructure
● Good verbal and written communication skills
● Drive SLA/SLO of team
This is an opportunity to work on a fairly complex set of systems and improve
them. You will get a chance to learn things like “how to think about code
simplicity”, “how to write for maintainability” and several other things.
● Comprehensive health insurance policy.
● Flexible working hours and a very friendly work environment.
● Flexibility to work either in the office (post Covid) or remotely.
- Experience using AWS (that’s just common sense)
- Experience designing and building web environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-native applications
- A solid background in Linux/Unix and Windows server system administration
- Experience using https://www.simplilearn.com/tutorials/devops-tutorial/devops-tools" target="_blank">DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, Artifactory, https://www.simplilearn.com/tutorials/docker-tutorial/what-is-docker-container" target="_blank">Docker, GitHub, https://www.simplilearn.com/tutorials/jenkins-tutorial/what-is-jenkins" target="_blank">Jenkins, https://www.simplilearn.com/tutorials/kubernetes-tutorial/what-is-kubernetes" target="_blank">Kubernetes, Maven, and Sonar Qube
- Experience installing and configuring different application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat, and WebLogic
- Experience using monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, ELK Stack, and Prometheus
- An understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Knowledge of one or more of the most-used programming languages available for today’s cloud computing (i.e., SQL data, XML data, R math, Clojure math, Haskell functional, Erlang functional, Python procedural, and Go procedural languages)
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems
- Proficiency in script development and scripting languages
- The ability to be a team player
- The ability and skill to train other people in procedural and technical topics
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
As a special aside, an AWS engineer who works in DevOps should also have experience with:
- The theory, concepts, and real-world application of Continuous Delivery (CD), which requires familiarity with tools like AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodePipeline
- An understanding of automation
- Minimum 3+ yrs of Experience in DevOps with AWS Platform
- • Strong AWS knowledge and experience
- • Experience in using CI/CD automation tools (Git, Jenkins, Configuration deployment tools ( Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- • Experience with IAC tools Terraform
- • Excellent experience in operating a container orchestration cluster (Kubernetes, Docker)
- • Significant experience with Linux operating system environments
- • Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as Python/Shell scripting
- • Must have experience in designing Infrastructure automation framework.
- • Good experience in any of the Setting up Monitoring tools and Dashboards ( Grafana/kafka)
- • Excellent problem-solving, Log Analysis and troubleshooting skills
- • Experience in setting up centralized logging for system (EKS, EC2) and application
- • Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- • Ability to work effectively within a team and with minimal supervision
- Writing and maintaining the automation for deployments across various cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Bring a passion to stay on top of DevOps trends, experiment, and learn new CI/CD technologies.
- Creating the Architecture Diagrams and documentation for various pieces
- Build tools and automation to improve the system's observability, availability, reliability, performance/latency, monitoring, emergency response
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience as a DevOps / System Engineer.
- Strong knowledge in Systems Administration & troubleshooting skills with Linux.
- Experience with CI/CD best practices and tooling, preferably Jenkins, Circle CI.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS/Azure/GCP or private cloud environments.
- Experience and understanding of modern container orchestration, Well-versed with the containerised applications (Docker, Docker-compose, Docker-swarm, Kubernetes).
- Experience in Infrastructure as code development using Terraform.
- Basic Networking knowledge VLAN, Subnet, VPC, Webserver like Nginx, Apache.
- Experience in handling different SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo).
- Experience with GIT Version Control Software.
- Proficiency in any programming or scripting language such as Shell Script, Python, Golang.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- AWS / Kubernetes Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect / CKA.
- Setup and management of a Kubernetes cluster, including writing Docker files.
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments.
- Knowledge in Microservice architecture.
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Infrastructure Developers take a multifaceted approach to helping clients achieve technical excellence by approaching challenges from both a technical and operational perspective. As consummate ‘bringers of knowledge,’ they take extra care to ensure their team and client understand operational requirements and take a shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure that delivers and runs software services. They also help customers adopt DevOps approaches, breaking away from rigid, more traditional ways of working and pivoting to a more customer-focused and agile approach.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will launch projects through hands-on implementation, evaluate and drive improvements to existing infrastructure;
- You will listen to a client’s needs and formulate a technical roadmap and impactful solution that will support their ambitious business goals;
- Help shape and build Thoughtworks’ cloud and infrastructure practice through collaboration with business development, marketing, and capabilities development teams;
- Ensure and build the controls and processes for continuous delivery of applications, considering all stages of the process and its automations;
- Monitor and ensure that technical expectations of deliverables are consistently met on projects;
- Act as a thought leader—at client sites and at Thoughtworks—on DevOps, cloud, and infrastructure engineering;
- Establish trusting and thoughtful partnerships with a client’s CIO, CTO, and relevant teams;
- Adjust and suggest innovative solutions to current constraints and business policies;
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You genuinely enjoy interacting with teammates from across the business and have a knack for communicating technical concepts to nontechnical audiences
- You love creating robust, scalable, flexible and relevant solutions that help transform businesses and industries
- You’re comfortable partnering directly with infrastructure technicians, support and network analysts, security analysts, system administrators and/or IT managers to design technical strategies while simultaneously collaborating with senior IT groups in an advisory capacity
- You can design and architect enterprise and/or web-scale hosting platforms and can seamlessly administer application servers, web servers, and databases
- You have a deep understanding of cloud and virtualization platforms, infrastructure automation, and application hosting technologies
- You understand DevOps philosophy, Agile methods, Infrastructure as Code to your work and lead infrastructure and operations with these approaches
- You have a history working with server virtualisation, IaaS and PaaS cloud, Infrastructure provisioning, and configuration management tools
- You can write scripts using at least one scripting language and are comfortable with building Linux and/or Windows servers systems
- Experience with continuous integration tools with different tech stacks, web or mobile
- You’ve previously worked with monitoring systems for stress and performance testing with Observability Pattern: Distributed Tracing/ OpenTracing, Log Aggregation, Audit Logging, Exception Tracking, Health Check API, Application MetricS, Self-Healing/Multi-Cloud
- Bonus points if you have experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Hands on experience with Ansible & Terraform.
- Scripting language, such as Python or Bash or PowerShell is required and willingness to learn and master others.
- Troubleshooting and resolving automation, build, and CI/CD related issues (in cloud environment like AWS or Azure).
- Experience with Kubernetes is mandate.
- To develop and maintain tooling and environments for test and production environments.
- Assist team members in the development and maintenance of tooling for integration testing, performance testing, security testing, as well as source control systems (that includes working in CI systems like Azure DevOps, Team City, and orchestration tools like Octopus).
- Good with Linux environment.
● Manage AWS services and day to day cloud operations.
● Work closely with the development and QA team to make the deployment process
smooth and devise new tools and technologies in order to achieve automation of most
of the components.
● Strengthen the infrastructure in terms of Reliability (configuring HA etc.), Security (cloud
network management, VPC, etc.) and Scalability (configuring clusters, load balancers,
● Expert level understanding of DB replication, Sharding (mySQL DB Systems), HA
clusters, Failovers and recovery mechanisms.
● Build and maintain CI-CD (continuous integration/deployment) workflows.
● Having an expert knowledge on AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Cloudfront and other AWS offered
services and products.
● Installation and management of software systems in order to support the development
team e.g. DB installation and administration, web servers, caching and other such
● B. Tech or Bachelor's in a related field.
● 2-5 years of hands-on experience with AWS cloud services such as EC2, ECS,
Cloudwatch, SQS, S3, CloudFront, route53.
● Experience with setting up CI-CD pipelines and successfully running large scale
● Experience with source control systems (SVN, GIT etc), Deployment and build
automation tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible etc.
● Good experience and understanding of Linux/Unix based systems and hands-on
experience working with them with respect to networking, security, administration.
● Atleast 1-2 years of experience with shell/python/perl scripting; having experience with
Bash scripting is an added advantage.
● Experience with automation tasks like, automated backups, configuring fail overs,
automating deployment related process is a must have.
● Good to have knowledge of setting up the ELK stack; Infrastructure as a code services
like Terraform; working and automating processes with AWS SDK/CLI tools with scripts
Hiring for a funded fintech startup based out of Bangalore!!!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to join the engineering team and help us automate the build, release, packaging and infrastructure provisioning and support processes. The candidate is expected to own the full life-cycle of provisioning, configuration management, monitoring, maintenance and support for cloud as well as on-premise deployments.
- 5-plus years of DevOps experience managing the Big Data application stack including HDFS, YARN, Spark, Hive and Hbase
- Deeper understanding of all the configurations required for installing and maintaining the infrastructure in the long run
- Experience setting up high availability, configuring resource allocation, setting up capacity schedulers, handling data recovery tasks
- Experience with middle-layer technologies including web servers (httpd, ningx), application servers (Jboss, Tomcat) and database systems (postgres, mysql)
- Experience setting up enterprise security solutions including setting up active directories, firewalls, SSL certificates, Kerberos KDC servers, etc.
- Experience maintaining and hardening the infrastructure by regularly applying required security packages and patches
- Experience supporting on-premise solutions as well as on AWS cloud
- Experience working with and supporting Spark-based applications on YARN
- Experience with one or more automation tools such as Ansible, Teraform, etc
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and various test report and coverage plugins
- Experience defining and automating the build, versioning and release processes for complex enterprise products
- Experience supporting clients remotely and on-site
- Experience working with and supporting Java- and Python-based tech stacks would be a plus
Desired Non-technical Requirements
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong desire to work with start-ups
- Must be a team player
- Attractive variable compensation package
- Flexible working hours – everything is results-oriented
- Opportunity to work with an award-winning organization in the hottest space in tech – artificial intelligence and advanced machine learning
We are looking for experienced DevOps/infra engineers to join our core engineering team for building and scaling low latency, fault-tolerant and robust systems corresponding to real-world financial markets
• Design and development of databases for real-time, highly available, secure financial data
• Architecting solutions for new features and working along with product teams to fulfill their requirements
• Create, improve and scale microservices infrastructure, manage servers (AWS) and other AWS resources etc.
• Developing and improving K8s architecture, securing and scaling applications in a containerized environment
• Ensure the performance and security of the application/systems.
• Implement GitOps with robust CI/CD pipelines.
• Strong systems architecture, database and network fundamentals.
• Strong experience in building CI/CD pipelines, enabling DevOps for scaling and automating the
existing infra with tools like Ansible, Jenkins, ArgoCD, ArgoWorkflow, CodeDeploy.
• Experience with designing infra using IaaC (Infrastructure as a code) tools like AWS CDK, CDK8s, Terraform, Helm and Cloudformation.
• Experience with running services in K8s cluster, managing and securing K8s clusters.
• Knowledge/Experience with setting up/optimising monitoring and metrics stack using EFK(ES, Fluentd, Kibana)
and Metrics(Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana).
• Familiarity with databases - (MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, InfluxDB), Scripting (bash, python, Go etc).
• Web development concepts - server architecture.
• Experience with AWS Infra (EC2, ELB, ALB, S3, VPC, Cloudfront, Route53, VPN ).
• Interest and experience in building secure, robust, scalable and maintainable software.
• Open to learning open source tools and automating processes.
• Interest (and/or experience) in the financial/stock market space.
• Knowledge of (or experience with) Cloud and API security, especially AWS (IAM, KMS, WAF).
• Knowledge of Service Mesh and K8s networking
Opening for a Java Developer with Devops experience
Experience required: 5 yrs to 10 yrs
Essential Required Skills:
Familiarity with Version Control such as GitHub, BitBucket
- Java programmer(Liferay, Alfresco will add plus point)
- OPs(ansible, apache, python, terraform)
- Effective communication skills
- An analytical bent of mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Good time management skills
- Curiosity for learning
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Candidate with good hand on exposure on AWS, Cloud, Devops, Ansible, Docker, Jekins.
- Strong proficiency in Linux, Open Source, Web based and Cloud based environments (ability to use open source technologies and tools)
- Strong scripting and automation (bash, Perl, common Linux utils), strong grasp of automation tools a plus.
- Strong debugging skills (OS, scripting, Web based technologies), SQL, Java and Database concepts are a plus
- Apache, nginx, git, svn, GNU tools
- Must have exposure on Grep, awk, sed, Git, svn
- Scripting (bash, python)
- API related skills (REST, and any other like google, aws, atlassian)
- Web based technology
- Strong Unix Skills
- Java programmer, Coding (Springboot, Microservices, Liferay, Alfresco will add plus point)
- Proficient in AWS
- Ops (ansible, apache, python, terraform)
- Cash Rewards & Recognition on Monthly Basis
- Work-Life Balance (Flexible Working Hours)
- Five-Day Work Week
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with a strong background in DevOps and handling traffic & infrastructure at scale.
Work closely with product engineers to implement scalable and highly reliable systems.
Scale existing backend systems to handle ever-increasing amounts of traffic and new product requirements.
Collaborate with other developers to understand & setup tooling needed for - Continuous Integration/Delivery/
Build & operate infrastructure to support website, backend cluster, ML projects in the organization.
Monitor and track performance and reliability of our services and software to meet promised SLA
2+ years of experience working on distributed systems and shipping high-quality product features on schedule
Intimate knowledge of the whole web stack (Front end, APIs, database, networks etc.)
Ability to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services and stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends
Experience with container based deployment, microservices, in-memory caches, relational databases, key-value stores
Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure provisioning, deployment, monitoring (we are on AWS and use ECS, RDS, ELB, EC2, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, S3, CloudWatch)