Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Work Experience: 3-7 years
Qualification: B.E / M. Tech
Location: Bangalore, India
Pramata’s unique, industry-proven offering combines the digitization of critical customer data currently locked in unstructured and obscure sources, then converts that data into high-quality, actionable information accessible through one or multiple applications through the Pramata cloud-based customer digitization platform.
Pramata’s customers are some of the largest companies in the world including CenturyLink, Comcast Business, FICO, HPE, Microsoft, NCR, Novelis, and Truven Health IBM. Pramata has helped these companies and more find millions of dollars in revenue, ensure regulatory and pricing compliance, as well as enable risk identification and management across their customer, partner, and even supplier bases.
Pramata is headquartered near San Francisco, California and has its Product Engineering and Solutions Delivery Center in Bangalore, India.
How Pramata Works
Pramata extracts essential intelligence about customer relationships from complex, negotiated contracts, simplifies it from legalese into plain English, synthesizes it with data from CRM, CLM, billing and other systems, and delivers it in the context of a particular user’s role and responsibilities. This is done through Pramata’s unique Digitization-as-a-Service (DaaS) process which transforms unstructured and diverse data into accurate, timely and meaningful digital information stored in the Pramata Digital Intelligence Hub. The Hub keeps the information centralized as one single, shared source of truth along with ensuring that this data remains consistent, accessible and highly secure.
The opportunity - What you get to do
You will be instrumental in bringing automation to development and testing pipelines, release management, configuration management, environment & application management and day-to-day support of development teams.
You will manage the development of capabilities to achieve higher automation, quality and performance in automated build and deployment management, release management, on-demand environment configuration & automation, configuration and change management and in production environment support
- Application monitoring, performance management and production support of mission-critical applications including application and system uptime and remote diagnostics
- Security - Ensure that the highly sensitive data from our customers is secure at all times.
- Instrument applications for performance baselines and to aid rapid diagnostics and resolution in case of system issues.
- High availability and disaster recover - Build and maintain systems that are designed to provide 99.9% uptime and ensure that disaster recovery mechanisms are in place.
- Automate provisioning and integration tasks as required to deploy new code.
- Monitoring - Proactive steps to monitor complex interdependent systems to ensure that issues are being identified and addressed in real-time.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills, driving clarity about the intricate systems
- Come with hands-on experience in application infrastructure technologies like Linux(RHEL), MySQL, Apache, Nginx, Phusion passenger, Redis etc.
- Good understanding of software application builds, configuration management and deployments
- Strong scripting skills like Shell, Ruby, Python, Perl etc. Comes with passion for automation
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Advanced problem-solving and task break-down ability.
Additional Skills (Good to have but not mandatory):
- In depth understanding and experience working with any Cloud Platforms (e.g: AWS, Azure, Google cloud etc)
- Experience using configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Capistrano, Ansible, etc.
- Being able to work under pressure and solve problems using an analytical approach; decisive, fast moving; and a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Background in technology operations for Linux based applications with 2-4 years of experience in enterprise software
- Strong programming skills in Python, Shell or Java
- Experience with one or more of the following Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet
- Experience with one or more of the following Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, RDS