Note: Since we are a media company, the role will require only media technical skills and you will be working on media technical operations. This role does not need any software testing or software production skills.
▪ To perform 100% linear watch-through for Audio, Video, & Subtitle content for a variety
of clients and formats (SD, Blu-ray, etc.) and ensure that these assets are free of any
▪ To carry out menu quality testing and functionality logic testing for a variety of clients.
▪ Report and document issues found using project-related checklists and internal
▪ Communicating with offload units about project status, issues found, etc.
▪ Send daily updates of work to the team.
▪ Communicate and interact with the Production Manager, Authoring team, offloading
units, and associated departments regarding issues related to the project.
▪ Update OMS and time tracker on a project-to-project basis.
▪ Ensure on-time and accurate completion of projects.
▪ 10+3 or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Office packages such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Eye for detail in noticing issues, both minor and major, with respect to menu design,
audio, video & subtitles and functionality logic.
- Exposure to game/software testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premier, or other video/audio SW a plus.
- Exposure to AV equipment and other home-entertainment hardware is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with a computer and in tune with the latest technologies.
- Understanding of graphics, imagery and sound specifications, such as colours,
resolution, audio glitches etc, a plus.
- A dedicated and well-rounded individual with the ability to work well under pressure as
part of a team with tight deadlines.
- A keen interest in media and multimedia is required.
- Good eyesight and no obvious hearing defects.
- Keen interest in working with different types of software and hardware is required.
- Desire to learn new concepts and cross-train with other departments.
- An ability to learn quickly and effectively.
- Ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Good judgement and logical/analytical skills.
About Deluxe Entertainment Services Group
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for our mobile hits. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join Scathe, Die by the Blade, Eternal Hope and TENS! This role would be working in the PC and Console team (PCC).
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As our Marketing Artist on the Creative Services team in the PC & Console (PCC) publishing department you'll be making; logos, print-ready assets, digital ads, GIFs, and a wide variety of other materials that all contribute to helping with the marketing, awareness and promotion of our games.
What you tell your friends you do
“I create eye-catching visuals that make Kwalee’s PC and Console games stand out in the market.”
What you will really be doing
Creating dynamic and static graphics for our released and upcoming PC and Console games;
Iterating on designs, assets, layouts, etc, in response to PCC team members, market research, developer feedback or external consumer feedback;
Strategising, conceptualising and designing imagery for campaigns with other PCC department team members.
Executing imaginative, appealing visuals with great attention to detail and delivered to agreed deadlines.
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented teams are our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse company, including industry veterans Jason Falcus (developer) and Max Everingham (publisher).
Skills and Requirements
2 plus years of experience as a Marketing Artist making digital assets / graphics;
Experience using Illustrator, Photoshop, other Adobe Suite products;
Ability to work independently, show initiative and work collaboratively and positively with other PCC dept team members;
A keen eye for layout, design, typography and colour;
Ability to create eye-catching, engaging, visual designs for our marketing materials and campaigns;
Capacity to manage multiple projects at once and deliver to deadlines in a fast-paced, creative team;
A positive and enthusiastic attitude, able to give and receive constructive feedback;
Excellent organizational and communication skills
Passion for PC and console games;
Expertise with After Effects, Premiere Pro, Maya (or similar 3D software), etc.;
Experience with either Unity or Unreal Engine;
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance;
Creative Wednesdays! (get a chance to suggest games every Wednesday);
20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays;
Hybrid working model available depending on the department and the role;
Relocation support available;
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours;
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards;
Free snacks, fruit and drinks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
As a Motion Graphics Designer you do more than bringing graphics to life. You use your strong creative background to create powerful stories that capture an audience and leave them wanting more.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verse all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Increase user friendliness in digital products
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Liaise with marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up to date with industry developments and tools
- Proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer, or Visualiser
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop, coral and Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in design software
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colours, fonts,
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Ability to create gifs and short videos is an addition
- 1-2 years of experience in Adobe Illustrator
Zorro is a new age platform that aims to disrupt the approach of social media. Here, we work together to develop a cognizant space that empowers people to share content freely. Zorro platform lets its users use a pseudonym to share the unfiltered truth.
We are looking for candidates with initiative, the will to dare and perform.
Join us in shaping the future of social media. An early team member would help in moulding:
- Company culture
- Organisational practices
- Disruptive Ideas
- The mission and vision of our products
- Should adhere to design standards
- Should be good with design tools
- Finding creative solutions to product, technical, organisational and resource challenges.
- Partnering with fellow leaders to build a collaborative design, engineering and product culture.
- Help lead multiple projects on the International Experience team, defining scope, identifying resourcing needs, and handling stakeholder management.
- Work cross-functionally to identify workflow issues and integrate procedural improvements.
- Track and communicate progress across your projects, ensuring the teams are on track - facilitating decision-making, resolving blockers, and surfacing challenges.
- Enable continuous improvement during projects, ensuring insights are captured, shared, and integrated.
- Become an evangelist, advocate, and educator on behalf of Design, elevating the team's presence within the organization.
- Always be acutely aware of the team's needs and provide feedback to our design leads in order to ensure all designers experience an enjoyable and balanced work environment.
- Help develop process improvements for Design Operations as a whole.
- Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces.
- Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts.
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research, and data.
- Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
- Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience.
What You'll Need
A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
- Excellent people management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Stellar interaction & visual skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces, attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
- Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
- Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
- Experience working in and navigating a corporate environment independently.
- Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android.
- Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce.
- Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience (UX), Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.
- Mock ups : Sketch, Axure, Figma
- Usability test : Morae, WebEx Remote UTs
- Image editing & illustration : Photoshop, Expression Design, CorelDraw, Adobe illustrator.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos, and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce the final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Must have knowledge on Page maker
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
Tools we use :
- Adobe XD, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop
Role and Responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.