The Angel Broking Story
Incorporated in 1987, Angel Broking Limited is one of the largest independent full-service retail broking houses in India committed to providing accurate and widespread data for every online share trader. Angel Broking is considered as a home to the independent database on the web covering the Indian online brokerage industry. Our experience of over two decades has helped us to integrate our knowledge and expertise in the broking industry with the technology we provide to our retail clients through various platforms.
We are a technology-led financial services company providing broking and advisory services, margin funding, loans against shares (through one of our Subsidiaries, AFPL) and financial products distribution to our clients under the brand “Angel Broking”. Our broking and allied services are offered through (i) our online and digital platforms, and (ii) our network of over 15,000 Authorised Persons (the “Authorised Persons”), as of Sep 30, 2021.
We have a team of highly skilled technology and finance professionals and are currently looking for highly motivated field experts to be part of our high-energy team.
Role: Product Manager
What will you do
As Product Manager, you will play a key role in our journey to make trading & investing easily accessible and affordable to all millennials. You will be conceptualizing and executing ideas that create values for traders as well. The job will involve understanding traders & investors requirements, creating workflows, and coordinating with design, engineering, marketing & operation teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Define, understand & identify key success metrics.
- Track and analyze performance and constantly identify improvements to drive maximum usage and achieve business objectives
- Design & own product roadmap. Ensure steady execution of product life cycle processes from idea to final launch
- Collaborate with design team and guide their investments for research, prototyping, experimentation, and overall design thinking
- Collaborate with Data Analytics team and guide their investments in data analysis for a high impact conversational, prediction, and personalization strategy
- Coordinate with internal business verticals to collect requirements and convert them into clear actionable items
- Manage daily interaction with the tech team to clear their doubts if any in the requirements documents.
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, creating wireframes, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Gather, review, and interpret qualitative & quantitative data to uncover new product insights.
- Ability to drive PAT, DAT & UAT along with QA team
- Take product ownership through the entire development cycle, from concept, design and development, through to launch and achieving business impact
- Ability to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
What we are looking for
- Engineering and / Management degree from a Tier 1 institution.
- We are looking for developer turned Product Manager with 1-6 years of experience in Product Management. (Preferably 1+ years of Hands of Application development (in Java / C++ / or any other programing language))
- Experience in the B2C/B2B segment
- Data-driven decision-making ability
- Sharp User Research skills - conducting Usability Testing, User interviews, Card Sorting & A/B Testing
- Obsession with the mission to improve customer experience
- Prior experience in understanding & working with APIs driven businesses and leading B2C mobile applications.
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritise tasks
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Amazing verbal and written communication skills
What you get :
- Chance to play a pivotal role in building the next-gen fintech product
- Top tier scale from Day 1 - related battle scars / glory
- Work with other world class talent ( ex Amazon, Uber, Google, Walmart Labs)
- Still be based out anywhere you wish - You can Work from Anywhere #WFA}
If you are #superpumped about the role, we would love to connect with you! APPLY NOW
About Angel One
We are Angel One (formerly known as Angel Broking). India's most trusted Fintech company and an all-in-One financial house. Founded in 1996 Angel One offers a world-class experience across all digital channels including web, trading software and mobile applications, to help make millions of Indians informed investment decisions.
Certified as a Great Place To Work for six-consecutive years, we are driven by technology and a mission to become the No. 1 fintech organization in India. With a 9.2 Million+ registered client base and more than 18+ million app downloads, we are onboarding more than 400,000 new users every month. We are working to build personalized financial journeys for customers via a single app, powered by new-age engineering tech and Machine Learning.
We are a group of self-driven, motivated individuals who enjoy taking ownership and believe in providing the best value for money to investors through innovative products and investment strategies. We apply and amplify design thinking with our products and solution.
It is a flat structure, with ample opportunity to showcase your talent and a growth path for engineers to the very top. We are remote-first, with people spread across Bangalore, Mumbai and UAE. Here are some of the perks that you'll enjoy as an Angelite,
- Work with world-class peer group from leading organizations
- Exciting, dynamic and agile work environment
- Freedom to ideate, innovate, express, solve and create customer experience through #Fintech & #ConsumerTech
- Cutting edge technology and Products / Digital Platforms of future
- Continuous learning interventions and upskilling
- Open culture to collaborate where failing fast is encouraged to invent new ways and methods, join our Failure Club to experience it
- 6-time certified as a Great Place To Work culture
- Highly competitive pay structures, one of the best
Come say Hello to ideas and goodbye to hierarchies at Angel One!
Qualification : B.E./B.Tech. (Computer Science/IT)
Experience : 6-8 Years
Location : Remote/Bangalore
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning, system design and code reviews
• Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment and collaborate
with product and project managers
• Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
• Contribute technically to projects
• Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products
• Nurture and assess software developers
• Participate in the recruitment process
• Facilitate and ensure that developers follow the company engineering processes
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 6-8 years of relevant industry experience, with 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people
management experience (managing teams of 8 or more developers).
• Hands- on experience developing products and solutions on Cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP
• Large scale systems design experience.
• NodeJS Loopback
• React Native
• Apache Kafka
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible working hours and work-from-home policy
• Cutting Edge Tech Stack
• Diverse & inclusive culture. #AllAreWelcomeHere
• Collaborate with the best co-workers in the world
• Wellbeing initiatives
• Company events, self-development opportunities, and many more
Who Are We?
Vahak (https://www.vahak.in) is India’s largest & most trusted online transport marketplace & directory for road transport businesses and individual commercial vehicle (Trucks, Trailers, Containers, Hyva, LCVs) owners for online truck and load booking, transport business branding and transport business network expansion. Lorry owners can find intercity and intracity loads from all over India and connect with other businesses to find trusted transporters and best deals in the Indian logistics services market. With the Vahak app, users can book loads and lorries from a live transport marketplace with over 5 Lakh + Transporters and Lorry owners in over 10,000+ locations for daily transport requirements.
Vahak has raised a capital of $5 Million in a “Pre Series A” round from RTP Global along with participation from Luxor Capital and Leo Capital. The other marquee angel investors include Kunal Shah, Founder and CEO, CRED; Jitendra Gupta, Founder and CEO, Jupiter; Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal, Co-founders, Meesho; Mohd Farid, Co-founder, Sharechat; Amrish Rau, CEO, Pine Labs; Harsimarbir Singh, Co-founder, Pristyn Care; Rohit and Kunal Bahl, Co-founders, Snapdeal; and Ravish Naresh, Co-founder and CEO, Khatabook.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Web/Backend/Mobile team who would be working on developing our product (concept, design, test, release, and support).
Reporting directly to the CTO, the EM will be a high-visibility strategic team member and thought leader who leads the coordination and strategic alignment of the company's diverse business functions. As an Engineering Manager you will lead a growing team of Engineers that builds and scales Vahak. As a technical leader, you own the engineering vision and oversee the technical standards your team thrives on.
- Responsible for End to end ownership of product including requirement analysis, design, coding, deployment, DevOps, and support
- Responsible for product engineering roadmap with a focus on performance, scale, and quality of products
- Critically analyse the requirements, architectures, designs and propose alternate solutions
- Continuously improve the operations, quality, and agility of the team
- Develop broad domain and technical knowledge
- Work closely with product managers and stakeholders to define Product Roadmap
- Responsible for orchestration management during production troubles.
- Will be responsible for Sprint Planning, Agile, and Execution. Prior experience as Scrum Master is a plus.
- 7-8 years of total experience with at least 4 years of experience in leading a product development team to build backend intensive applications.
- Extensive experience in any of the following technologies: Golang/Python, Android/Flutter, ReactJS is a must.
- Experience in developing and leading teams building solution with cloud technologies(GCP/AWS), NoSQL based cloud-native databases, and big data technologies
- Excellent written and communication skills with strong stakeholder management skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- Solid understanding of building and integrating with stream-based and as well as RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Experience with SRE practices, including operational architectures, observability, reliability, availability, and scalability
- Preliminary Interview With The CTO
- Technical Evaluation By Barraiser
- In-person Interview (Google Meet / Zoom) By The CTO
- Final Interview With The CEO
We are on a mission to enable businesses to build agile and accountable technology teams that can deliver results in a secure and scalable way. You will be working in one such technology team for a client based out of US.
Role & responsibilities
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who is well versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, to design and implementation. We want a team member who Leads projects and teams. Participates in and supports initiatives outside of the main area of responsibility.
- BSc/BE/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years Experience with at least one scripting language: JAVA, Angular, React, Ruby, Nodejs, Python, AppleScript, Unix shell, or similar
- Good knowledge of operating systems and networking concepts
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Startup mentality, high willingness to learn, and hardworking
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
What you’ll do:
- Work together with our leadership on the company’s critical technical decisions
- Provide clarity of direction, motivation and purpose to the engineers you work with and maintain high technical standards
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment
- Exercise curiosity and understanding of the work being done by non-engineering functions
- Balance MVP mindset with building for scale and defining the iterations
- Own the quality and stability of the systems built
- Own the deliverables for your team and the commitments made to reach the objectives
- Provide direction and decisions that the team can get behind during ambiguous situations
- Introduce & iterate processes that will empower the engineers to reach defined goals and milestones effectively
- Hire great talent to work with us on complex challenges
- Participate in customer outreach programs, analyse issue reports and cultivate customer empathy among the team
You should apply if:
- You have 8+ years of full-time experience as a software engineer, working on web technologies
- You have 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Leader or Engineering Manager, or equivalent roles.
- You have built and maintained reliable systems that operate at high scale.
- You’re experienced in building and running cloud-native platforms & distributed systems.
- You have experience clearly defining & communicating the “what,” and managing project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your team with a pragmatic approach.
- You have experience working with cross-functional leaders and teams building & managing complex, large-sized projects.
- You love working in a start-up environment where things move fast, and you have autonomy with ownership & accountability to deliver
- You build cultures that are inclusive and where everyone can belong.
Our client is looking for a dynamic & passionate Engineering Director who can lead
the tech-stack and drive teams with great leadership qualities.
Here is the JD for Director Engineering -
Completely responsible for product delivery, development process, and engineering
team performance. Provide overall direction to the engineering team.
Create a top-performing engineering team culture with high levels of team engagement
Work with the leadership team and product leaders to define engineering roadmaps and
solve business problems.
Drive engineering efforts to deliver releases with high quality and on time.
Communicate cross-functionally, hold your command in technical discussion, and have
Work with the Talent Acquisition team to hire top talent, manage their performance,
and successfully mentor them to grow professionally.
Hands-on technical expertise and management experience.
8+ years of people management experience.
Demonstrated experience to recruit and manage technical teams, including team
Must have relevant experience in designing, building, maintaining, and extending large
scale production systems.
Have deep expertise in React.js, Node JS and MongoDB.
Strong software engineering skills and best practices including experience with a
modern agile development and deployment workflow.
Proven leadership skills; courage to challenge with candor, motivate and inspire teams.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, for both technical and non-technical
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
● Ability to understand product from Customer’s point of view to design / develop product feature.
● Should have some years of experience in Techno - Managerial role
● Experience with product based companies is preferable
As the Head of Engineering, you will build and interact with the entire engineering team to
solve problems and build the entire learning platform. This will involve working on building
the learning management system, content management systems and to build the online live class platform. This includes building the backend platform and frontend journeys for
Roles and responsibilities:
• Building the product architecture for performance and scalability of the end-to-end
• Recruiting, mentoring and training junior developers
• Working in close coordination with the founder to implement various business-related
objectives of the company.
• End to end delivery of new features
• Design, develop and own components of a highly scalable education platform
• Constantly strive to improve software development process and team productivity.
• Lead module development independently
• Working with Product Team/ Sales Team to make both the ends of business meet
• Ensuring best of design processes to ensure better user experience, higher
engagements, and root cause elimination of technical issues.
• Out of many tools and technologies, you must be excellent at Java, MongoDb /
MERN Stack & React Native to build Web Application & Mobile Application for the
Required background, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 5-8 years of experience in building products end-to-end; preferably at least 3 years
with building products from scratch and getting the 0-1 journey
• Tech Stack (Node.js, React Native, React.js, AWS, MongoDB)
• Ability to code and build the product on their own with assistance from junior
• Strong knowledge of Performance optimization
• Strong Object-oriented Programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
• Experience in developing scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed backend services
• Experience with prevalent design patterns and advanced system designing
• Good experiences with databases and Schema design. Knowledge of NoSQL
• Strong Problem-Solving skills and communication skills
• Frugal approach to problem solving and product building process
• B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech Computer Science or related field
Who can Apply:
• Are available for full time in office (Bangalore)
• Have relevant skills and interests
• Opportunity to step up and become a leader, to, have full-ownership of the work and
to create impactful global products
• A chance to work alongside the leadership team from Harvard and IIT
• Competitive market-standard compensation
We are looking for a bright and exceptional Engineering Lead to join one of our Fortune 500 clients in the Fintech industry for the locations - Bangalore / Gurgaon / Hyderabad based Technology team. The role involves building complex next generation product used by the clients and architecting solutions to support new technical and business initiatives.
- Active participation in design, development, delivery, and maintenance of software projects/products.
- Help the team translate the business requirements into R& D tasks.
- Work with product groups to outline project deliverables and help manage the roadmap of the R& D tasks.
- Act as a point of contact for managing and driving production defects & stability improvements to resolution.
- Tailor processes to help manage time-sensitive issues and bring them to appropriate closure.
- Engage and lead a team of highly talented technologists.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 6-9 years of experience, Fintech domain is a plus.
- Demonstrated contribution to end-to-end delivery of enterprise-grade software.
- Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and SOA.
- Hands-on experience in enterprise application development, coupled with knowledge of frameworks & tools like/equivalent to spring, mybatis, git, gradle
- Experience in at least one shell scripting language, SQL, and data modeling skills.
- Experience in cloud technologies is a plus.
- Strong technology acumen, knowledge of software engineering process, design knowledge and architecture intelligence.
- Attention to detail and quality, and the ability to work well in and across teams.
- Ability to advocate & influence multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to learn new domains and deliver output.
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ideal candidate should have strong problem solving and analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for technology.
- Excellent reasoning ability and good interpersonal and communication skills are essential for this role as it involves interaction with business users.
We are looking for a coding Engineering Manager based in Chennai. This is a new role within the growing Engineering function, where you will be responsible for leading a team of talented professionals, assisting them to deliver complex technical solutions across a range of teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable directing, planning and coordinating the team, as well as developing overall concepts for new and existing products and processes. Reporting into the Head of Engineering for our Chennai team, this role is integral to the successful growth of the team as well as wider company performance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Play the role of a servant leader in helping the team to excel in the areas of ownership and help to continuously raise the bar on performance.
Perform your responsibilities through delegation, empowerment and influence aimed at delivering long term outcomes for the team and business.
Build, manage and grow one or more engineering team(s), foster Agile practices and continuous improvement, enable engineers to build, test, deliver and operate high-level software products across the company
A hands-on technical approach to management, leveraging your software engineering experience to assist product needs and build
Work with our Product, DevOps, and Data Science functions on articulating roadmaps & ensure a high quality and timely implementation to support our mission and help eliminate identity fraud
Join a mission-orientated company, solving real-world fraud and identity based challenges
Facilitate career growth and success for all team members.
What You’ll Bring:
6+ years of demonstrated deep technical design and programming skills (in individual capacity) designing and delivering enterprise grade distributed systems in the following tooling; Web applications (Java/PHP/.NET/Python) or Mobile applications (SDK, Android/iOS)
2+ years prior experience managing one or more Agile engineering team(s); contributing to a track record of building complex and technical products, ideally within a start-up or fast scaling environment
Track record of having managed performance cycles of engineers of varying experience levels directly reporting to you.
Experience with building software with Agility and in conformity to security standards.
Willingness to “roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty” when required
Experience delivering and operating complex software solutions - understanding the end-to-end needs of what is involved within this process.
CommerceIQ is a well-funded, Series B growth stage start-up that helps consumer brands grow their business on e-commerce channels (like Amazon, Walmart) using advanced algorithms and machine learning technology. We help consumer brands win shoppers at the moment of purchase by algorithmically managing supply chain, demand forecasting, promotions and advertising spend, fraud listing detection, content optimization and other aspects that help shoppers make online purchase decisions.
In 2020, CoVid 19 affected every business, few positively and many negatively. However, E-commerce adoption has gone through the roof and we have seen e-commerce spend grow from 15% to 25% of retail spend in just 8 weeks! (Compare this to a decade that it took to grow e-commerce adoption from 5 to 15%). This put us in a unique situation and provided a huge opportunity for us to help brands grow significantly on e-commerce channels.
At the back of strong product-market fit and a change in human behaviour due to CoVid that buoyed e-commerce, we tripled our revenue consecutively in 2019 and 2020. More than 50 consumer brands use our product to drive e-commerce growth. Our customers include named brands like Bayer Healthcare, J&J, Nestle, Hamilton Beach, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kellogg, Kimberly Clark, Colgate, Mars, Inc. and many others.
Our focus in 2021 is to heavily invest in our engineering, product and customer success capability to bolster our product, make our customers successful and establish ourselves as a market leader in this rapidly growing market!
Roles and responsibilities :
- Manage the performance and career development of a team of engineers, and own significant parts of CIQ applications that require design, architecture, and coding (Both Frontend and Backend).
- Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology roadmap.
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on high standards.
- Work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
- Manage teams to scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying right design patterns, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Own the QA and deployment strategies for the team.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to understand business, prioritise and execute based on company goals and priorities.
- Be the custodian of process and SDLC best practices within the team.
- Own hiring goals for the team and hire the best.
- Delivery and tech ownership of all roadmap / tech items for the team.
What you need to succeed :
- Should have proficiency in Backend and frontend technologies along with good experience in AWS.
- Should be aware of best practices for Software development .
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience.
- 5+ years software design, coding in Java / equivalent and a good understanding of frontend technologies.
- 1+ years of management experience in building small to medium-sized teams, demonstrating growth and a track record of successful deliveries.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 5+ years of experience in building and working with production grade systems.
- Shipped several large-scale projects with dependencies across multiple teams.
- Built and delivered on successful cross-functional partnerships across multiple teams.
- Been actively involved in creation and execution of technical strategy and roadmap.
- Actively coached, mentored and grew team members in their careers.
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to hire and build incredible engineering teams.
- Good understanding and experience in practicing SDLC best practices.
- Strong believer in innovation culture and Engineering driven ideas.
- Experience in release management and agile methodologies.