Power BI Engineer
At Codvo, software and people transformations go hand-in-hand. We are a global empathy-led technology services company. Product innovation and mature software engineering are part of our core DNA. Respect, Fairness, Growth, Agility, and Inclusiveness are the core values that we aspire to live by each day.
We continue to expand our digital strategy, design, architecture, and product management capabilities to offer expertise, outside-the-box thinking, and measurable results.
What we're looking for :
- You should have strong technical and analytical skill with more in SQL Server, reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI, SSRS and .Net.
- You have experience in OLAP, UI/UX and Dashboard building.
- You should have experience for proper understanding of the project deliverables.
- You should possess excellent communication skills.
- You will be responsible for the respective tasks assigned in the project.
- You will be responsible for the deliverable with proper quality, in planned time and cost adhering to the industry standards that will be defined for the project.
- You will be involved in client interaction.
At Codvo, we accelerate Cloud, AI, and Transformation roadmaps while offering most satisfying mix of work-life balance, quality of living, and cutting edge work to our employees.
We deliver value through our unique "Virtual Silicon Valley" model where we bring seasoned experts and global talent together as a Product Oriented Deliver (POD) unit to successfully deliver on your next roadmap priorities.
Our “Virtual Silicon Valley” PODs deliver better success and speed because they are self-managed, have right expertise mix, and most importantly are aligned to work in your time zone. The goal is to balance speed, expertise mix, and cost while ensuring the success of core product development, design, and transformation activities.
We are proud to have our customers ready to vouch for us and share their success stories. Our teams of scientists, engineers, architects, and designers have helped AI-driven companies, fast-growing Fintechs, Wealth Management & Healthcare startups, Energy companies, and US Defense contractors accelerate their product and transformation roadmaps.
Professional experience in Python – Mandatory experience
Basic knowledge of any BI Tool (Microsoft Power BI, Tableau etc.) and experience in R
will be an added advantage
Proficient in Excel
Good verbal and written communication skills
Analyze data trends and provide intelligent business insights, monitor operational and
Complete ownership of business excellence dashboard and preparation of reports for
senior management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
Review, validate and analyse data points and implement new data analysis
Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
Perform analysis to assess quality and meaning of data
Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
Analyse existing process with the help of data and propose process change and/or lead
process re-engineering initiatives
Use BI Tools (Microsoft Power BI/Tableau) and develop and manage BI solutions
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Design, develop and maintain data quality assurance framework
- Work in conjunction with BI and Data Engineers to ensure high quality Data Deliverable
- Design and develop testing frameworks to test ETL jobs, BI reports and Dashboards and other data pipelines
- Write SQL scripts to validate data in the data repositories against the data in the source systems
- Write SQL scripts to validate data surfacing in BI assets against the data sources
- Ensure data quality by checking against our ODS and the front-end application
- Track, monitor and document testing results
To be eligible for this role, you should possess the following:
- Demonstrated ability to write complex SQL/TSQL queries to retrieve/modify data
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies and adapt to an evolving tech-scape
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other protected classification.
- Job Title - Tableau Dashboard Executive
- Reports Into - Lead Reporting Analyst
- Location - Hybrid/ India
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
- Hybrid working - 3 days in the office, 2 days remote/ WFH is the norm
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- Profit sharing scheme - we win, you win
- Private medical cover - delivered through BUPA
- Life Assurance - for long term peace of mind
- On site gym - take care of yourself
- Relocation support - available
- Quarterly Team Building days - we’ve done Paintballing, Go Karting & even Robot Wars
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Tableau Dashboard Executive you will be creating great looking dashboards using our excellent visualisation tool Tableau, you’ll have the ability to query and collect data. You’ll also have the freedom to create your own dashboards, metrics and show off your ideas.
Your Team Mates
The Reporting Team is a key part of Kwalee, developing intricate dashboards to represent the performance of our games. We are a small team that works with all corners of the company, working with financial, marketing and game data.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Being the creative mindset for the Reporting department
- Writing your own SQL queries to collect data from our databases
- Taking other team members query results and visualising them
- Managing the content and visual aspect of the TVs in our offices across the world
- Creating stunning visualisations of the data from the Kwalee family
Your Hard Skills
- Having used Tableau
- The desire to transform boring data sets into something that looks good
- Good working knowledge of SQL/PostgreSQL.
- A background in querying and visualising data
- Proven record of having made great looking presentations
- Having created an Infographic
- Having used any of the top BI tools
- An interest in mobile games - in particular hyper-casual.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Work Timing: 5 Days A Week
• Ensure right stakeholders gets right information at right time
• Requirement gathering with stakeholders to understand their data requirement
• Creating and deploying reports
• Participate actively in datamarts design discussions
• Work on both RDBMS as well as Big Data for designing BI Solutions
• Write code (queries/procedures) in SQL / Hive / Drill that is both functional and elegant,
following appropriate design patterns
• Design and plan BI solutions to automate regular reporting
• Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions
• Creating and deploying datamarts
• Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
• Integrate heterogeneous data sources into BI solutions
• Ensure Data Integrity of data flowing from heterogeneous data sources into BI solutions.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/IT from Top Colleges
• 1-5 years of experience in Datawarehousing and SQL
• Excellent Analytical Knowledge
• Excellent technical as well as communication skills
• Attention to even the smallest detail is mandatory
• Knowledge of SQL query writing and performance tuning
• Knowledge of Big Data technologies like Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Apache Drill
• Knowledge of fundamentals of Business Intelligence
• In-depth knowledge of RDBMS systems, Datawarehousing and Datamarts
• Smart, motivated and team oriented
• Sound knowledge of software development in Programming (preferably Java )
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and models
The responsibilities of a tableau developer include creating technical solutions, creating data storage tools, and conducting tests. To be successful as a tableau developer, you should have a broad understanding of the business technology landscape, the ability to design reports, and strong analytical skills.
- Design thinking to really understand the business problem
- Understanding new ways to deliver (agile, DT)
- Being able to do a functional design across S/4HANA and SCP). An understanding of the possibilities around automation/RPA (which should include UIPath, Blueprism, Contextor) and how these can be identified and embedded in business processes
- Following on from this, the same is true for AI and ML: What is available in SAP standard, how can these be enhanced/developed further, how these technologies can be embedded in the business process. There is no point in understanding the standard process, or the AI and ML components, we will need a new type of hybrid SAP practitioner.
1) 6-9 years of industry experience and at least 4 years of experience in an architect role is required, along with at least 3-5 year experience in designing and building analytics/data solutions in Azure.
2) Demonstrated in-depth skills with Azure Data Factory(ADF),Azure SQL Server, Azure Synapse, ADLS with the ability to configure and administrate all aspects of Azure SQL Server.
3) Demonstrated experience delivering multiple data solutions as an architect.
4) Demonstrated experience with ETL development both on-premises and in the cloud using SSIS, Data Factory, and related Microsoft and other ETL technologies
5) DP-200 and DP-201 certifications preferred.
6) Good to have hands on experience in Power BI and Azure Databricks.
7)Should have good communication and presentation skills.
- Building and operationalizing large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of AZURE data and analytics services in combination with custom solutions - Azure Synapse/Azure SQL DWH, Azure Data Lake, Azure Blob Storage, Spark, HDInsights, Databricks, CosmosDB, EventHub/IOTHub.
- Experience in migrating on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on AZURE cloud.
- Designing and implementing data engineering, ingestion, and transformation functions
- Experience with Azure Analysis Services
- Experience in Power BI
- Experience with third-party solutions like Attunity/Stream sets, Informatica
- Experience with PreSales activities (Responding to RFPs, Executing Quick POCs)
- Capacity Planning and Performance Tuning on Azure Stack and Spark.
We have the following opening in our organization:
Years of Experience: Experience of 4-8 years.
Location- Mumbai ( Thane)/BKC/Andheri
Notice period: Max 15 days or Immediate
Educational Qualification: MCA/ME/Msc-IT/BE/B-Tech/BCA/BSC IT in Computer Science/B.Tech
- 3- 8 years of consulting or relevant work experience
- Should be good in SQL Server 2008 R2 and above.
- Should be excellent at SQL, SSRS & SSIS, SSAS,
- Data modeling, Fact & dimension design, work on a data warehouse or dw architecture design.
- Implementing new technology like power BI, power bi modeling.
- Knowledge of Azure or R-programming is an added advantage.
- Experiences in BI and Visualization Technology (Tableau, Power BI).
- Advanced T-SQL programming skill
- Can scope out a simple or semi-complex project based on business requirements and achievable benefits
- Evaluate, design, and implement enterprise IT-based business solutions, often working on-site to help customers deploy their solutions.