Software Engineer Senior
About the Job
Akamai is seeking a self-motivated, highly productive software engineer to design and develop its next generation mapping system. An ideal candidate will have strong enterprise application software programming and database experience, demonstrated problem solving abilities, good teamwork and communication skills, and the ability to design powerful yet customer-friendly user interfaces and tools.
The day-to-day work of the team encompasses the full engineering cycle: problem formulation, data collection, analysis, algorithm design, code specification, implementation, and evaluation for performance and correctness.
The Internet is a complex and noisy environment, and there are no simple answers to the problems the team tackles.
This is precisely what makes the job fun and rewarding to anyone seeking a challenge. The job requires a combination of strong coding skills and strong design skills
About the Team
The Platform Mapping team’s software systems and operational controls direct traffic for Akamai's globally distributed network of servers. This code represents Akamai's 'secret sauce', allowing us to manage our customers. Internet information flows with industry-leading performance and reliability.
The Akamai Mapping control system is the heart of the platform used to deliver secure, high-performing services over the Internet to any device, anywhere. It reaches globally and delivers locally, providing the ubiquity required to scale reliably and to adapt quickly to changes.
• As part of this elite team, you will analyze, design and implement application and system software that brings new functionality, better accuracy, increased reliability, and enhanced scalability to Akamai's mapping control and operation system.
• The team relies on the abilities of all its members to develop innovative and elegant solutions.
• You must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• You must be able to work collaboratively within the team and with other teams at Akamai.
• MTech/ME/BTech/BE in Computer Science or related field.
• Through understanding of HTML, CSS, XML and JSON.
• 4+ years’ experience in developing Web and CLI application using modern PHP MVC frameworks, preferably Yii.
• 4+ years’ experience in developing software on LAMP stacks.
• 4+ years in database programming in PHP (MySql/MariaDB/Oracle) including data modeling.
• 3+ years’ experience in REST (Web Services) API Development.
• 2+ years’ experience in Unit testing web applications.
• Experience developing database applications using SQL and object-relational mapping
• Experience developing applications using NoSQL databases, Documents Stores, Column based DB is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Bash, Perl.
• Familiarity with versioning systems.
• Knowledge of common Internet protocols (IP, TCP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, etc.).
• Strong design skills and an ability to tackle abstract, ill-defined problems
• Ability to work in a small-team environment.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Internet distributed systems experience a plus
About Akamai Technologies
The Akamai page you are trying to reach is forbidden. Use the Search field to find information about Akamai's content delivery network solutions and services, or reach out to us by phone, email or chat.