Ours is a scalable microservices platform and geospatially-aware applications across multiple industries and form-factors. In this role, you must be able to multitask, quickly
adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable
code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems. You take
pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of your team. You must also have the ability to take a system-wide understanding, recognize use of system
components and disparate technologies and be able to diagnose and debug components
across an entire system. Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is key, as is being a self-starter.
● Build, train, mentor and lead a cross-functional agile team
● Help design, architect and develop advanced software solutions supporting multiple
projects and initiatives in a dynamic agile environment
● Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition,
development of functional specifications, and design
● Wok in close collaboration with Scrum masters, Technical Product Manager and
Stakeholders within the team and function to co-own the deliverables
● Collaborate on or lead development of technical design and specifications as required
● Establish and lead best practices in software engineering
● Mentor and grow new employees on your team
● End to end feature development with a team size of 8-10 Dev & QA engineers across
● Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related field
● 10+ years of software development experience using both Frontend and Backend
technologies like - React.js/Angular.js, along with GoLang/Java/Python, or another object-oriented programming language
● 3+ years as an engineering lead or manager
● Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization (Docker/EKS) and Microservices
● Experience with SAFe Agile is preferred
Note: Role is full stack with more inclination to backend side.
• You have a strong technical background, with 5+ years of experience with software
• You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping products
• You have successfully recruited and mentored engineers
• Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable
• Experience with frameworks like React, ReactNative, Node.js, GraphQL
• Experience with databases technologies like PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis
• Experience with dev ops - AWS, CI/CD
• Understanding of security principles and possible attacks
7+ years of extensive software engineering experience preferably in a startup environment where you have shipped a high quality product to users before
T-shaped full stack experience with deep expertise in frontend frameworks like React,
Angular and Vue.js, database design using SQL and NoSQL
We would highly value past experience of building text editors, online whiteboards or content management systems or creator and developer tools
Have experience in building micro-services and distributed systems at scale
Have experience building Real Time Collaboration (RTC) in a digital product.
Experienced in leading front end and back end teams to deliver scalable, maintainable and permanent software; ability to switch between leading and executing (writing code)
as required. Having DevOps experience is a plus
Empathy and ability to communicate your technical solutions, feedback and product ideas constructively
Have strong opinions but are not ideologically tied to specific technologies; naturally curious and willing to take a step to learn something you don’t have experience in;comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done
We are looking for Principal Engineers, who are strong individual contributors with
expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in many areas.
Your day at nference,
• Acting as an entrepreneur - taking ownership the problem statement end-to-end
• Delivering direct value to the customer - and not just stop with delivery
• Estimate, plan, divide and conquer customer problem statements - through sturdily
developed & performant technical solutions
• Handle multiple competing priorities and ambiguity - all in a fast-paced, high growth
environment Qualities Which We Look For In The Ideal Candidate
• 6-8 years of experience in building High Performance Distributed Systems
• Proven track record in building backend systems from scratch
• Excellent coding skills (preferably any two of C/C++/Python and Go)
• Good depth in Algorithms & Data Structures
• Good understanding of OS level concepts
• Experience working on DevOps tools for deployment, monitoring etc. like Ansible, ELK
• Wide knowledge of different Technologies like Databases, Messaging Systems etc
• Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented
architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our products
• Be a part of “Google of biomedicine” as recognized by the Washington Post
• Work with some of the brilliant minds of the world solving exciting real-world
problems through Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, analytics and insights
through triangulating unstructured and structured information from the biomedical
literature as well as from large-scale molecular and real-world datasets.
• Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as
stock options, paid time off, healthcare insurance, gym/broadband reimbursement
We help enterprise software companies deliver faster time-to-value during customer onboarding & implementation. Our platform enables cross-functional teams (Sales, Pre-Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services, Product, Engineering & QA) to collaborate at scale on a ‘single source of truth’ to track, prioritise and close any gaps in the delivery of customer use cases.
If you are passionate about delivering data driven operational excellence for customers and making a big impact as the 'Founding Engineer' in an enterprise SaaS startup - then we would like to hear from you!
You will get a unique opportunity to work with an experienced leadership team and grow your career with the company!
This is a unique opportunity to become a technical lead in a growing early stage Enterprise SaaS startup.
Remote Work : We are a remote-first company with a fully distributed team.
- Ownership of the entire front-end development from requirements to deployment
- Lead and mentor the front-end development team
- Take architectural and design decisions
- Set up development, testing and deployment processes as per best practices
- Conduct code reviews and approve pull requests
- Work with the founders to ship new features that solve our customers’ needs
- Work with Product Designer to turn designs into functional responsive front-end application UI components.
- Take initiative to improve system’s software architecture, UI, UX, scalability and performance
- Participate in the customer meetings for solution design and technical discussions
- Help in customer support activities by resolving any technical queries/issues reported by the customers
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of industry experience as a Front-End Engineer in a SaaS product
- 3+ years of experience in ReactJs
- Proficiency with Unit and end-to-end testing UI frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD and deployment to AWS
- Prior experience with building and maintaining design systems
- Familiarity with tools like Figma and experience turning Figma designs into top-class UI
- Knowledge of REST APIs
About 6sense : The 6sense Account Engagement Platform helps B2B organizations achieve predictable revenue growth by putting the power of AI, big data, and machine learning behind every member of the revenue team.
In the other news,6sense was named one of @Inc's Best Workplaces for the third year in a row.
As an Engineering Manager at 6sense ,you will have the opportunity to-
- Recruit and retain top-tier software engineering talent.
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor, while planning and supporting career development
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- Recruit and retain top-tier software engineering talent
- Work cross functionally with other Engineering Managers to strategize and execute on crucial business objectives along with managing upstream and downstream dependencies
- Work with the Product Managers on project planning and roadmap
- Apply distributed computing and map-reduce knowledge to compute, dedupe, and derive insights from billions of records daily
- Intellectually contribute to the software, data, process, and growth of other team members
- Participate in writing applicable patents for your ground-breaking work
- Promote and set examples for high code quality like unit testing, good variable naming, modularity, etc.
- Own products/features at multiple levels: code, data, metrics, reduction of support frequency, etc.
- Ensure new features are properly tested at scale prior to release
Required qualifications and must have skills
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ engineers
- 10+ years of experience in delivering software
- BS / MS in Software Engineering or an equivalent degree
- Experience leading by influence in multi-team, cross-functional projects
• Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable innovative platform or product with the
help of a balanced team.
• Owns end to end technical delivery of the project.
• Lead, manage, coach and assign tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
• Contributes as an Individual contributor as well on complex modules for 30-70% of time.
• Develop and guide team to design reusable wrappers, templates and frameworks.
• Hold a high quality technical bar and actively work to improve quality.
• Understand and help the team to follow Agile processes.
• Actively negotiate, manage & deliver promised release scope considering the technical
• Collaborate effectively with Project managers, clients, and engineers to deliver high
• SPOC for any engineering related issues.
• Maintains expert level knowledge of tools and automated processes for efficiency and
robust engineering practices.
• Strive to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs.
• Communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders,
including investors and potential customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent
• Overall industry experience of 5-14 years, with 2 -7 Years of experience and proven
record of technical leadership and managing Technology Team members.
• Experience in designing, implementing, reviewing and delivering complex systems.
• Experience in providing technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including
design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
• Proficiency with Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative tools a plus.
• Demonstrated expertise in one or multiple web development stack i.e. Frontend,
Backend, Data engineering, DevOPs Platforms etc.
• Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
• Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical
management personnel and other stakeholders.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work under dynamic requirements and deadlines.
• Highly data driven and pays attention to detail.
• Leadership capabilities, should be able mentor and motivate team members to achieve
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute.
- 10+ years of strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products.
- 6+ years' experience leading engineering teams (including a combination of experience hiring, mentoring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership and design guidance).
- Excellent computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Excellent data structures & algorithms skills.
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data.
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment.
- Provide good attention to details.
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable & distributed system.
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
About the role:
We are currently building an exciting multi-category, digital first, direct to consumer, commerce business for couple of new brands in Food & Fashion category. The Engineering Team forms the backbone of our ecommerce business. We build and iterate over our core platform that handles orders, payments, delivery promises, order tracking & logistics integrations.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead its development across web, mobile and in-store devices. You will be responsible to work closely with business leaders to understand the developer needs and device solutions through developer tools and services. The role incumbent will be managing a team of in-house & outsourced developers and will be responsible for defining the technical roadmap, project delivery and maintenance of systems developed in-house. The incumbent will also be driving technology innovation with integrations and external partners to fully leverage the latest solutions and technologies for servicing the organization needs. This role will report to the Director-Engineering.
Location: Mumbai based preferably. We can also consider Bangalore based candidates.
Your core responsibilities will include Technical Guidance, Execution, Delivery & Team Management. You will be working in a fast-paced and agile work environment delivering quality solutions that have immediate business impact.
- Ownership of engineering features and components from concept, design, development & deployment
- Participate in the solution architecting, enterprise interface design and integration.
- Work with users to understand requirements, design scalable and efficient technology solutions.
- Manage multiple projects across a wide breadth of technologies, coordinate dependencies, and interactions with other internal teams and external partners.
- Communicate cross-functionally, collaborate with Business teams, Product managers, engineers and QA to plan, own and deliver solutions on time.
- Ensure teams follow best practices regarding coding standards, code reviews, and testing. Responsible for code quality, review & release strategy.
- Define and drive development team priorities and ensure delivery through in-house and vendor development teams.
- Keep tab of latest technology trends and leverage it for improvements/changes in current setup to increase efficiency, reduce maintenance cost and time to market.
- Publish regular reports of activities and highlight potential risks.
- Attract, hire, retain, motivate and mentor engineering team resources.
Required Qualification, Experience & skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 6-8 years of overall developer experience with a minimum 12-18 months in the GoLang toolkit – very familiar with all the frameworks and tools needed to manage and further build an end to end ecommerce platform in GoLang
- Prior experience in managing a team of min 4-6 engineers
- Hands-on management with deep-dive into the details of software design, implementation and debugging
- Experience of implementing Agile, Scrum & Iterative processes
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from Web development, Mobile app development, AWS, machine learning, large scale data platforms, service oriented architecture, distributed systems design, android platform, front-end user interfaces, databases etc.
1.) Design Application Architecture, Engineering Processes, Engineering Best Practices, People Management, Code Reviews.
2.) Deep understanding & Working Experience in Design Patterns, Data Structure & Algorithms
2.) Understand Design Alternatives with Trade Off's and Matching Costs & Performance Expectations
3.) Define the Right Teck Stack , Data Flow , Data Store - FULL Stack
4.) Understand the Failure Points in Design , Coding , Stack Related Issues
5.) Part of Open Source Community , Understand Common & Specific Issues & How Others have solved it
6.) Proficient in Different Design Models & PROS & CONS"
Must Have Experience/Attributes -
Multi-year experience in Designing & Coding Applications of a successful Online platform
Experience in Designing Distributed Applications @ Scale
Proficiency with scalability and high availability strategies for Java Services & Microservices on distributed platform
Defining solution based on the set of Non Functional Requirements - security, reliability, performance, maintainability, scalability, and usability
Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting expertise
Strong desire and ability to look for and adopt best practices/community driven open source framework and technologies into design deliverables
Should be obsessed with code quality, performance optimization and tools usage to improve productivity/quality
Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
Experience of driving activities to influence code quality and process rigor
Enthusiastically follow technology trends, software engineering best practice and technologies while enjoying the challenge of solving complex problems
Experience of working on E-commerce platform
Experience in Dockers and container orchestration on Kubernetes
Working Experience in Integration Technologies / Middleware like Kafka, Rabbit MQ , ESB
Knowledge on Cloud Ecosystem - Added Advantage
We are looking for a director of engineering to lead our engineering department and help us build great products. You’ll manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
• Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
• Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggestimprovements
• Ensure compliance with security regulations
• Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
• Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
• Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overallobjectives
• Hire engineers and coordinate their training
• Implement innovative technologies
• Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
• Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
• Work experience as a director of engineering, Head of engineering, CTO, Engineering
Manager or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
• Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computerinterfaces
• Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
• Good understanding of agile methodologies
• Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
• Excellent project management skills
Stack: Golang, Python, React.js, Docker and Kubernetes, Elastic Search