• Manage new feature releases while keeping the quality bar high in term of engineering practices
• Manage, Mentor and coach a team of 5-10 frontend engineers while being a hands-on engineer yourself
• Understand current set of the product's UI components and work on extending the same and build more reusable components
• Define & document coding standards & best practices
• Improve processes and technology continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team
• Optimize solution for performance and scalability
• Dive deep into the usage of coding patterns and contribute in curating a library of reusable components that can be used to build more complex and unified Interfaces
• Estimate, Plan, Track and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Write test cases and document UI components
• Ensure code quality by reviewing team members code and mentor others in the frontend team
• Interface with the Design Backend and DevOps teams
• 8+ years of product development experience with expertise in designing and implementing high-performing web applications
• 3+ of experience in leading a team of junior and senior React engineers
• Strong knowledge in React, ES6, TypeScript and HTML/CSS3
• Experience in building React applications using Redux, Flux, webpack, NPM, create-react-app
• Deep understanding of Frontend Performance Optimization aspects - with respect to resource loading strategy, CPU/Memory profiling on the browser
• Experience in testing libraries such as Jest, Enzyme or Mocha
• Experience in building analytics UI using D3, HighCharts, amChart libraries
• Experience in building Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
• Knowledge on Node server, Socket connections and mechanisms to handle real-time async data
• Good knowledge in content serving technologies like HTTP, CDN, proxies and caching
Open financial technologies Pvt Ltd is hiring Manager- Solutions Engineering.
Years of experience: 6+ years
- Manage Zwitch’s solutions engineering team
- Work in close partnership with Sales Leadership
- Be an active and respected technical participant and “player coach” in
- Mentor and grow individual contributors on the team by providing personal
and professional development. Provide skills and role mentoring and coaching
to Solutions Engineers.
- Review and document the performance of Solutions Engineers
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Expert Services to document and
communicate customer needs and product feedback
- Participate in regional Sales Leadership forecast and pipeline review calls
- Assist with all aspects of the technical sales cycle, including answering
technical questions, Requests for Proposals, Security Questionnaires, and
demos & workshops
- Attract, hire, and retain talented Solutions Engineers with specific, relevant
- Solution best-in-class customer experience for our partners with our low-code
and API solutions
- Build and scale the solution engineering team to cateter sales closures
- Be the feedback channel for the Zwitch product-engineering team
- Team leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer or equivalent customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and competitive landscape
- Dedication to delivering a industry-leading customer experiences
- Effective presentation craft and delivery
- Creative problem-solving in response to technical, product, and business challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Passion for helping organizations improve and modernize their software development
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs
- Fan of developer friendly API documentation
- Knowledge of the developer tools and technologies from across the software
- Ability to manage a remote team effectively
- 2+ years experience in a technical people management role
- Previous Software development, Engineering, or Technical Support experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Willingness to go the extra mile to improve the customer experience
- Self-directed and resourceful with a growth mindset
- API experience in fintech domain
At Open, we are building a neo-bank that is fast changing the way businesses bank & manage their finances. Being the world's fastest-growing SME neo-bank, we are constantly pushing boundaries at building the world's best business banking platform by blending best-in class technology, optimized process, and elegant design.
Backed by marquee investors such as Temasek, TigerGlobal, Google, VISA, SBI Investment Japan, Speedinvest, Beenext, 3one4 Capital, Unicorn India Ventures to name a few, Open is the world's fastest growing SME neobank with over 2 million businesses using the platform and processing $24 billion annuallv!
Open.money Trusted by Leverage Edu, Rupeek, Aisle, Arzooo & million others, Open Started out by empowering entrepreneurs to focus on growing their business via our flagship product Open.Money. At the heart of it is the Open business account that comes with VISA business card & combines banking, payments, accounting, expense management & taxes, in one place.
OpenBook - OpenBook is India's first business app that comes with a digital business account that empowers small & micro businesses to manage alltheir finances from billing, banking to accounting & CST in one place.
Zwitch - Over the last 4 years, we have realized that embedding banking to product workflows is complex. Gaining access to a bank's sandbox environment and undergoing compliance audits tor months before going live, can be quite taxing. Thats why we built Zwitch- an embedded finance platform that offers API and no-code components for banking and compliance. It empowers businesses to build and integrate banking and financial features into any product out there!
Purpose of the role
Consultant collaborates with clients to advise, innovate, architect and transform their technology landscape leveraging the latest technologies and industry specific platforms/ products/ solutions.
- Translate clients business goals/ challenges into technology roadmaps and architecture designs
- Conduct research, comprehend analyst reports, keep abreast of technology trends and identify applicability to clients’ business/ technology ecosystem
- Define enterprise blueprints that leverage emerging architecture patterns and industry/ functional solutions
- Partner with clients on business/ technology transformation programs; orchestrate the implementation of planned initiatives and realization of business outcomes
Experience and Knowledge
- Understanding of business parameters and drivers and the ability to articulate technology issues in business terms and vice-versa
- Capable of building end to end business solutions
- Exposure of end to end project delivery lifecycle desirable
- Knowledge of major technologies (legacy to emerging)
- Experience working with one or more of the following industries – Lifesciences, Consumer Goods, Retail
- Experience in multiple full lifecycle implementations of Salesforce
- One or more certifications related to Salesforce cloud process – Sales, Service, Community, Admin
- Experience of one or more of emerging technologies/ methodologies - Agile, DevOps, Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain, Cloud, Data/ Analytics and Security and IoT
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Masters degree in Business Administration from a top school
- Work location – Bangalore/Hyderabad/Mumbai/Delhi
● You'll build a team of engineers focused on building out critical components of our Engineering team.
● Support all facets of team management to attract, engage, retain, and nurture teams of outstanding
engineers (e. g., recruitment, mentoring, training and development, performance evaluation).
● Partner with the product and UX teams and other cross functional partners to develop overall vision,
strategy and roadmap for our engineering systems and product suites.
● Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular
assessment and improvement.
● Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
● Drive an excellent experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity.
● Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and
maintenance of our product.
● Lead agile software processes for the engineering team and introduce best-in-class industry
● Handle technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while
minimizing production incidents of our operations.
● Experience in hiring and performance management of teams in product based companies.
● Experience in leading engineering teams, including experience in managing engineering managers or
● 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or
services, ideally at a top Consumer Internet company.
● Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
A service-oriented mentality while driving excellence across the organization.
● Strong organizational skills, both for yourself and the team.
● Business acumen: Proven understanding of business dynamics, goals, and product strategy.
● Knowledge of how Engineering fits into the company's overall business.
● The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, conflicting constraints and shipping high
quality and pragmatic solutions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
● Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
- Do you like the idea of playing Master Shifu for product development teams? Or, what organizations think of it as playing an Engineering Manager.
- Do you live by the mantra of “buck stops with me”. Seriously, we also don’t know who Buck is and we are also looking for him.
- Have you led a product team of 15+ members in the past to successful outcomes? Okay, we would love to talk even if you unfortunately ran into a failure.
- Do you speak both binary and Humanary? Python , dialect, to talk to geeks and the Humanary, English or Hindi dialect, to talk to Clients.
- Do you practice Agility? No, we don’t mean asanas from Baba Ramdev but things like Scrum or Kanban
- Do you practice Curiosity over Complacency? I..e are you a lean mean learning machine?
- Can you envision a solution architecture after hearing the product's vision and user stories? Do things like scalability, performability, flexibility, maintainability give you goosebumps of joy?
- Do you have an eye for good user experience?
Did you say Yes to all of them? My My! Love you! I’m sure your current team loves you too. But, if for whatever reason, you are looking for a new home then we would love to talk to you. We are a certified Great Place to Work, which means it’s a place where people love working with each other. And, you would too.
Send me an email, will ya?
12 -15 yrs. of leading product development & teams in dynamic & ambiguous work
environment with strong programming skills like Objective C, Swift and Java. Leading
continuous improvement teams to re-invent product features for mobile applications in
several domains such as secure instant messaging, secure voice & video communication,
secure e-mail, e-commerce & health science.
Develop strategic plans with regard to the technical development of
applications/software and establishes the business’s technical vision that guides all
aspects of technological development.
Oversees the strategic deployment of the departmental resources leading to optimal
resource allocation and the smooth and successful development of applications across
theVirtual, epharmacy and CRM verticals.
Job Description – Head of Engineering
Credgenics is India’s first of its kind NPA resolution platform backed by credible investors including Accel Partners and Titan Capital. We work with financial institutions, Banks, NBFCs & Digital lending firms to improve their collections efficiency using technology, automation intelligence and optimal legal routes in order to facilitate the resolution of stressed assets. With all major banks and NBFCs as our clients, our SaaS based collections platform helps them efficiently improve their NPA, geographic reach and customer experience.
About the Role:
Credgenics is seeking an Engineering Leader to deliver and manage a diverse development team. An ideal candidate would lead a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers and Head of Product by structured thinking and delivering world class solutions.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical vision to the entire engineering team and the company
- Work closely with product managers and Head of Product to build a great product using lean principles
- Ensure development of projects are appropriately resourced and facilitate internal processes and collaboration to shorten development cycles and achievement of stable production
- Make architectural decisions that put the organization in the best position to deliver an amazing customer experience
- Lead company-wide prioritization of improvements to code quality, systems, and engineering processes
- Develop and implement engineering strategies meant for the development of technological tools and processes required for current and future software development
- Drive technical projects with a range of engineering teams to build, design, implement and maintain diverse scalable platform constructs for a core application
- Organize activities for the development, implementation, release, and maintenance of projects necessary for software development and sustenance
- Collaborate with product development, creative and UX teams to build and improve the customer experience from discovery through delivery
- Mentor the development teams, facilitating continuous evolution in both the user experience and backend platform development teams
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and improve the efficiency of their processes through technology solutions built at a rapid pace
- Deliver secure, efficient, high performing and stable code that meets or exceeds business needs
- Meet/exceed all web application technology standards/practices
- Review all documents related to Product requirement and participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Ensure business requirements in the form of production release deliverables are met
- Ensure resources are covered on projects, ensure no or minimal forecast/budget variance
- Stimulate hiring, career plans, training as well as performance reviews for engineering team, including employee coaching, mentoring, development, and team building
- Mentor new resources to be successful in an individual and team setting
- Create a culture of innovation that enables continuous growth of individuals and the company
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback on a regular basis
- Lead a team of 30-35 engineers and report directly to the CTO
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have an Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech
- 9-12 years of work experience & a minimum of 3-4 years of work experience as an Engineering Head
- Proven and successful record leading an engineering development team and running software development projects
- Previous experience rapidly scaling an engineering team at a start-up is a plus
- Solid understanding of software engineering and code architecture fundamentals, with ability to review full-stack web application code using modern frameworks and quickly learn unfamiliar technologies
- Proven experience in building tech services/systems that scaled
- Proven ability to attract and hire the best engineering talent
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures & design patterns
- Is Up-to-date with emerging technology trends and ability to choose the best for advancement
- Expertise in open source technologies, agile development and big data technologies
- Experience with deploying & running products in a large-scale distributed architecture
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Excellent at clear and concise written and verbal communication
This role will be based out of New Delhi
We offer an innovative, fast paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the centre of leading change by leveraging technology and creating boundless impact in the FinTech ecosystem.
- Take the microservices architecture to the next level of scalability, efficiency, observability, and availability.
- Build, deploy & run multi-homed systems that work in multiple regions and cloud providers.
- Build (and open source) data processing, storage and fetch systems at the petabyte scale with the lowest cost/GB while still responding in milliseconds at the 99th percentile.
- Optimize algorithms which influence personalization, fulfillment/allocation, pricing, maps & routing, fleet positioning, payments, fraud prevention etc
- Create platforms, reusable libraries, and utilities wherever applicable
- Write high-quality code that is modular, functional and testable; Establish the best coding practices
- Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding, and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot issues effectively in a distributed architecture
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment
- Operationalize releases by partnering with Tech operations on capacity planning and operability of the product
- of years - 10+ years
- Type of experience - software design, development & architecture
- Experience in Product companies working on Internet-scale applications is preferred
- Contribution to open-source software, tech blogs, talking at tech conferences, etc.
○ Must have - Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from premier institutes preferred
- Deep understanding of one or more of Java/Go/Scala/C++. Ability to understand and critique the core library/language constructs.
- Knowledge of processor, memory, network and storage internals.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems including fault modeling, concurrency, isolation, consensus etc.
- Internals of a RDBMS like MySQL
- Conversant with the internals of systems like Kafka, Cassandra/Scylla, Redis, RocksDB, etc
- Working knowledge of hosting and network infrastructure (K8s, Envoy, etc)
- Familiarity with binary serialization protocols like thrift/protobuf/flatbuffers etc
- Familiar with gRPC, HTTP/2, QUIC, etc.
- Troubleshooting memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structures.
- Productionizing machine learning pipelines using Spark/Flink/TensorFlow etc
• Develop and lead the execution of the engineering roadmap
• Develop the technical strategy and scalable architecture using modern distributed application
software that meets the overall business requirements
• Ability to create and implement software engineering solutions using modern software engineering
• Willing to roll up sleeves and get into codebase from time to time
• Provide technical direction on all software development activities
At least 8 years working experience in software/product engineering in fast-paced environments
• At least 2 years of experience in a senior-level engineering management role, leading large teams of
engineers and driving large-scale projects and products, in collaboration with product, design and
• Excellent stakeholder management and strong advocate on Agile methodology
• Deep knowledge of current technological trends, frontend, backend, data such as Nodejs, Reactjs,
• Experienced in back-end, architecture and infrastructure and web services.
• Strong communication skills with ability to work with individuals from multiple domains, from
product owners to 3rd party partners
• Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Proven track record in leading high performance technology teams
We are looking for a director of engineering to lead our engineering department and help us build great products. You’ll manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
• Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
• Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggestimprovements
• Ensure compliance with security regulations
• Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
• Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
• Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overallobjectives
• Hire engineers and coordinate their training
• Implement innovative technologies
• Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
• Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
• Work experience as a director of engineering, Head of engineering, CTO, Engineering
Manager or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
• Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computerinterfaces
• Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
• Good understanding of agile methodologies
• Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
• Excellent project management skills
Stack: Golang, Python, React.js, Docker and Kubernetes, Elastic Search
Turtlemint is a technology platform (www.turtlemint.com) that facilitates the entire process of researching, decision-making and buying insurance. Turtlemint is building a unique insure-tech platform which is enabling the transaction of complex products with a simple and intuitive interface. On the supply side, Turtlemint aggregates more than 25+ insurers and enabled three unique demand channels. First, direct to consumer channels where users buy insurance products. Second, a network of more than 35,000 agents across India who use the Turtlemint platform to sell insurance. Third, the SaaS version of the same platform for large financial institutes, consumer applications, etc. Now it is expanding into other financial products like mutual funds.
Turtlemint is founded by IIT/IIM graduates, ex-employees of top companies like ICICI Lombard, Yahoo, eBay, and Quikr. Our management team has to experience building and growing many successful technologies and consumer companies. Turtlemint is growing rapidly and it is already amongst the top three insurance platforms in India. We are a well-funded startup, backed by leading Venture Capitalists, and began our business operations in September 2015. We strongly believe that as a technology-led company we can truly disrupt the 'old economy' financial services businesses, a multi-billion dollar industry in India.
Turtlemint promises to offer an intellectually enriching and fun work environment, and an opportunity to work with smart and dedicated colleagues. Come make an impact on millions of users on an important but often ignored aspect of their life - financial security & freedom!
Position: Engineering Manager
Role: Engineering Manager
Experience: 8-15 years
- Lead a team of engineers and product managers in the ideation and technical development of product
- Provide strategic and operational oversight for Enterprise software product development
- Work closely with business leaders to develop short and long-term strategies
- Manage business expectations, resolve conflicts, and keep businesses aligned
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability
- Experience scaling and managing 5-20 person teams
- Develop and drive execution on 6 months and 1-year road maps
- Drive innovation, establish new approaches in improving productivity
- Establish a metrics-based organization, develop key operational metrics and push for continuous improvement.
- Ensure system security, data integrity, and accuracy of financial records
Skillset and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in building Enterprise software
- 8+ years of experience with programming languages such as Java, PHP, Python, or C++
- 5+ years experience with agile systems development methodologies
- 4+ years of experience managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management
- 3+ years of experience with either Spring Boot, Play Framework, Django, etc
Bachelors in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
Finally, and most importantly, drive, energy, and motivation to succeed with delivering great customer experiences
- Experience developing financial products like insurance, mutual funds, etc
- Ability to understand the business logic
- Organizational and analytical skills
What you get:
- To work in an early-stage consumer internet start-up in disruptive space
- To directly work with the founding team of graduates from IIT/ IIM and experience at top internet brands like Yahoo/ eBay
- Great culture and work with like-minded colleagues
- Health Insurance for yourself and your family