What you’ll be doing at Novo:
● Systems thinking
● Creating best practices, templates, and automation for build, test, integration and
deployment pipelines on multiple projects
● Designing and developing tools for easily creating and managing dev/test infrastructure
and services in AWS cloud
● Providing expertise and guidance on CI/CD, Github, and other development tools via
● Monitoring and support systems in Dev, UAT and production environments
● Building mock services and production-like data sources for use in development and
● Managing Github integrations, feature flag systems, code coverage tools, and other
development & monitoring tools tools
● Participating in support rotations to help troubleshoot to infrastructure issues
Stacks you eat everyday ( For Devops Engineer )
● Creating and working with containers, as well as using container orchestration tools
(Kubernetes / Docker)
● AWS: S3, EKS, EC2, RDS, Route53, VPC etc.
● Fair understanding of Linux
● Good knowledge of CI/CD : Jenkins / CircleCI / Github Actions
● Basic level of monitoring
● Support for Deployment along with various Web Servers and Linux environments , both
backend and frontend.
● Work with application development teams to identify and understand their operational pain points.
● Document these challenges and define goals to be achieved by the infrastructure team.
● Prototype and evaluate multiple solutions, often by experimenting with various vendors and tools available, to achieve the goals undertaken.
● Rollout tools and processes with heavy focus on automation.
● Evangelize and help onboard application development teams on the platforms provided by the infrastructure team.
● Co-own the responsibility with application development teams to ensure the reliability of services.
● Design and implement solutions around observability to ensure ease of maintenance and quick debugging of services
● Establish and implement administrative and operational best practices in the application development teams.
● Find avenues to reduce infrastructure costs and drive optimization in all services.
● 5+ years of experience as a DevOps / Infrastructure engineer with cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
● Experience with git, CI / CD, Docker, etc
● Experience in working with infrastructure as code (Terraform, etc).
● Strong Linux Shell scripting experience
● Experience with one of the programming languages like Python, Java, Kotlin, etc.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to work independently, learn quickly and be proactive
7-9 years overall and at least 3-4 years of hands-on experience in designing and managing DevOps Cloud infrastructure
Experience must include a combination of:
o Experience working with configuration management tools – Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack (expertise in at least one tool is a must)
o Ability to write and maintain code in at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
o Practical knowledge of shell scripting
o Cloud knowledge – AWS, VMware vSphere
o Good understanding and familiarity with Linux
o Networking knowledge – Firewalls, VPNs, Load Balancers
o Web/Application servers, Nginx, JVM environments
o Virtualization and containers - Xen, KVM, Qemu, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
o Familiarity with logging systems - Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana
o Git, Jenkins, Jira
Section 1 -
- Responsible for managing and providing L1 support to Build, design, deploy and maintain the implementation of Cloud solutions on AWS.
- Implement, deploy and maintain development, staging & production environments on AWS.
- Familiar with serverless architecture and services on AWS like Lambda, Fargate, EBS, Glue, etc.
- Understanding of Infra as a code and familiar with related tools like Terraform, Ansible Cloudformation etc.
Section 2 -
- Managing the Windows and Linux machines, Kubernetes, Git, etc.
- Responsible for L1 management of Servers, Networks, Containers, Storage, and Databases services on AWS.
Section 3 -
- Timely monitoring of production workload alerts and quick addressing the issues
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Backup and DR process.
Section 4 -
- Responsible for documenting the process.
- Responsible for leading cloud implementation projects with end-to-end execution.
Qualifications: Bachelors of Engineering / MCA Preferably with AWS, Cloud certification
Skills & Competencies
- Linux and Windows servers management and troubleshooting.
- AWS services experience on CloudFormation, EC2, RDS, VPC, EKS, ECS, Redshift, Glue, etc. - AWS EKS
- Kubernetes and containers knowledge
- Understanding of setting up AWS Messaging, streaming and queuing Services(MSK, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, MQ)
- Understanding of serverless architecture. - High understanding of Networking concepts
- High understanding of Serverless architecture concept - Managing to monitor and alerting systems
- Sound knowledge of Database concepts like Dataware house, Data Lake, and ETL jobs
- Good Project management skills
- Documentation skills
- Backup, and DR understanding
Soft Skills - Project management, Process Documentation
- AWS certification with between 2-4 years of experience with certification and project execution experience.
- Someone who is interested in building sustainable cloud architecture with automation on AWS.
- Someone who is interested in learning and being challenged on a day-to-day basis.
- Someone who can take ownership of the tasks and is willing to take the necessary action to get it done.
- Someone who is curious to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Someone who is honest with their quality of work and is comfortable with taking ownership of their success and failure, both.
- We are looking for someone who is interested to be part of creativity and the innovation-based environment with other team members.
- We are looking for someone who understands the idea/importance of teamwork and individual ownership at the same time.
- We are looking for someone who can debate logically, respectfully disagree, and can admit if proven wrong and who can learn from their mistakes and grow quickly
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Planning the team structure, activities, and involvement in project management activities.
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
|Must have||Proficient exp of minimum 4 years into DevOps with at least one devops end to end project implementation.
Strong expertise on DevOps concepts like Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous delivery (CD) and Infrastructure as Code, Cloud deployments.
Minimum exp of 2.5-3 years of Configuration, development and deployment with their underlying technologies including Docker/Kubernetes and Prometheus.
Should have implemented an end to end devops pipeline using Jenkins or any similar framework.
Experience with Microservices architecture.
Sould have sound knowledge in branching and merging strategies.
Experience working with cloud computing technologies like Oracle Cloud *(preferred) /GCP/AWS/OpenStack
Strong experience in AWS/Azure/GCP/open stack , deployment process, dockerization.
Good experience in release management tools like JIRA or similar tools.
|Good to have||Knowledge of Infra automation tools Terraform/CHEF/ANSIBLE (Preferred)
Experience in test automation tools like selenium/cucumber/postman
Good communication skills to present devops solutions to the client and drive the implementation.
Experience in creating and managing custom operational and monitoring scripts.
Good knowledge in source control tools like Subversion, Git,bitbucket, clearcase.
Experience in system architecture design
Red Hat Specialist on OpenShift administration preferred
Minimum 5 years of experience inn managing applications deployed to a Platform-as-a-Service PaaS platforms like RH OpenShift, etc
Strong experience with configuration management using Ansible, etc
Strong experience working with distributed source control systems like Git, including branching and merging
Good knowledge on supporting critical web-applications with high-availability and highly scalable infrastructure
Good experience on monitoring tools (preferrably Nagios)
Strong knowledge on orchestration platforms like Kubernetes is a must
Considerable knowledge on cloud networking.
Cross-skilled across multiple cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP etc, (GCP - Preferred)
Maintain and improve monitoring, metrics for the cloud infrastructure
Ensure application health and performance with browser-based monitoring software like Dynatrace
Automate and improve build systems using Jenkins, Apache Maven, and Artifactory and deploy systems using tools like Ansible and OpenShift
Collaborate with developers to migrate applications to the Red Hat OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service PaaS offering
Should work on cloud technologies along with latest devops technologies like Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes
Collaborate in an agile team with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, System Architects, Development Teams, QA Engineers, other DevOps Engineers and Users.
Create CI/CD pipelines for various different applications.
You will be deploying and configuring containers and automating releases.
● A minimum of 1 year of development, system design or engineering experience ●
Excellent social, communication, and technical skills
● In-depth knowledge of Linux systems
● Development experience in at least two of the following languages: Php, Go, Python,
● In depth knowledge of web servers (Apache, NgNix preferred)
● Strong in using DevOps tools - Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, ELK
● Knowledge to use APM tools, NewRelic is preferred
● Ability to learn quickly, master our existing systems and identify areas of improvement
● Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the engineering work of their team ● Tried
and Tested Real-world Cloud Computing experience - AWS/ GCP/ Azure ● Strong
Understanding of Resilient Systems design
● Experience in Network Design and Management
- He has to perform architectural analysis, and he should know how to design enterprise-level systems.
- He should know how to design and simulate tools for the perfect delivery of systems.
- He should know how to design, develop, and maintain systems, processes, procedures to deliver a high-quality service design.
- He has to work with other members of a team and other departments to establish healthy communication and information flow.
- He should know how to deliver a high-performing solution architecture that can support the development efforts of a business.
- He has to plan, design, and configure the most typical business solutions as needed.
- He has to prepare technical documents and other presentations for multiple solutions areas.
- He has to be sure that the best practices for configuration management are carried our as it was needed.
- He has to work on customer specifications, analyze them, and conduct the best product recommendations associated with the platform
- AWS Solution Architect 9-10 Years
- Responsible for managing applications on public cloud (AWS) infrastructure.
- Responsible for larger migrations of applications from VM to cloud/cloud-native.
- Responsible for setting up monitoring for cloud/cloud-native-based infrastructure and applications.
- MUST: AWS Solution Architect Professional certification.
Total Experience: 6 – 12 Years
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience with DevOps tools Jenkins, Ansible, Chef etc
- 3+ years of experience in continuous integration/deployment and software tools development experience with Python and shell scripts etc
- Building and running Docker images and deployment on Amazon ECS
- Working with AWS services (EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, RDS, Cloudwatch, ECS, ECR, EKS)
- Knowledge and experience working with container technologies such as Docker and Amazon ECS, EKS, Kubernetes
- Experience with source code and configuration management tools such as Git, Bitbucket, and Maven
- Ability to work with and support Linux environments (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, CentOS)
- Knowledge and experience in cloud orchestration tools such as AWS Cloudformation/Terraform etc
- Experience with implementing "infrastructure as code", “pipeline as code” and "security as code" to enable continuous integration and delivery
- Understanding of IAM, RBAC, NACLs, and KMS
- Good communication skills
Good to have:
- Strong understanding of security concepts, methodologies and apply them such as SSH, public key encryption, access credentials, certificates etc.
- Knowledge of database administration such as MongoDB.
- Knowledge of maintaining and using tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence.
- Work with Leads and Architects in designing and implementation of technical infrastructure, platform, and tools to support modern best practices and facilitate the efficiency of our development teams through automation, CI/CD pipelines, and ease of access and performance.
- Establish and promote DevOps thinking, guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Contribute to architectural discussions, Agile software development process improvement, and DevOps best practices.
Mandatory Skills Sets
- Excellent problem-solving skills in technical challenges
- Deep knowledge of at least one cloud platform (AWS Preferred)
- Understanding of Latest cloud computing technologies
- Experience in architecting solutions based on knowledge of infrastructure & application architectures including the integration approaches
- Complete hands-on with ability to grasp evolving technologies and coding languages
- Excellent communication skills which would involve customer facing role
- Design thinking
- Customer facing skills and strong technical capabilities to review the teams work as well as guide the team
- Experience working/building/contributing to proposals for architecture, estimations
Preferred Skills Sets
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers.
- Person must have performed Application Architect Role for 3+ years
- AWS platform specific experience a bonus.
- Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.