Drive new feature development - from ideation to PoC to testing to scalable production deployments
Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
Implementing highly scalable, secure, robust, and fault-tolerant systems
Working on continuously improving tools and systems Required Skills
Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL
Demonstrable experience with microservices (design, deployment, monitoring, etc.)
Strong proponent for best practices and code quality
Experience in architecting & building real-time, large scale software applications.
Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithm Proficiency in implementation of algorithms and use of advanced data structures to solve problems in computing.
Bring software engineering and product delivery experience, with a strong background in algorithms.
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
Good communication skills
Strong Problem solving and analytical skills
Experience in Fintech Industry is a plus
About the company.
It is India's largest Corporate Employee Benefits Platform. Founded by alumni of UCLA, Amazon, and Microsoft. Our major verticals are Corporate Perks, Rewards & Recognition, and financial solutions. We are currently partnered with more than 250+ corporates, including Concentrix, RBS, Fidelity, Walmart, Amazon, etc., whose employees are offered exclusive privileges through our 10,000+ brand partners across categories It is leading the employee benefits market in India which pegged at $2 billion and growing.
senior engineer, you will be working closely with the product team contributing to various product
initiatives and creating prototypes for integration into the core product.
● This individual should be able to demonstrate craftsmanship by efficiently producing
elegant, clean code and maintaining software documentation.
● The code should be well commented, easy to maintain, and could be reused across a
sub-system or feature. It should be thoroughly tested and supported by unit tests.
● The individual should be an active participant in the product design and code reviews for
self and the team, and can competently review any aspect of their product or major
● Should gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs and
must have the ability to integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
● Take responsibility for maintaining, expanding, and scaling the product.
● Strong organizational skills to manage a team, juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of
timelines and budgets.
● Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to
● 5+ years of proven experience with in-depth knowledge of Java 8/11, Spring Boot,
Hibernate / JPA
● Knowledge of scheduled task execution - Background Task
● Knowledge of RabbitMQ or Kafka or any brokers.
● Excellent understanding of Design Patterns and service-oriented architecture principles
● Excellent in database: MongoDB (preferred), MySQL /PostgreSQL
● A solid understanding of API security and session management
● Excellent in Data structure and Problem Solving
● Good in writing Junit test cases
● Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse
web technologies and techniques and adhere to release/project schedule and milestones.
Good to have:
● Knowledge of Elasticsearch, AWS services and Microservices Architecture.
● Microservices Architecture
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering Required
The candidate should have about 2+ years of experience with design and development in Java/Scala. Experience in algorithm, data-structure, database and distributed System is mandatory.
- Core Java or Scala
- Experience in Big Data, Spark
- Extensive experience in developing spark job. Should possess good Oops knowledge and be aware of enterprise application design patterns.
- Should have the ability to analyze, design, develop and test complexity of spark job.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Hands on experience in Spark, creating RDD, applying operation - transformation-action
Good To have: -
- Spark streaming
- Py Spark
- Azure/AWS Cloud Knowledge of Data Storage and Compute side
- 3 -7 years of software development experience.
- Good grasp on programming fundamentals including OOP, Design Patterns and Data Structures.
- Excellent analytical, logical and problem-solving skills.
- Software Development Engineer.
- Good understanding of complexities involved in designing/developing large scale systems.
- Strong system design skills.
- Experience in technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka etc.
- Good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with common machine learning algorithms. In-depth knowledge is a plus.
- Experience of working with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive is a big plus.
- Ability to understand business requirements and take ownership of the work.
- Exhibit passion and enthusiasm for building and maintaining large scale platforms.
hands on experience of 1-2 years in JAVA/ J2EE Technology and good understanding of MVC Architecture
We are looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer to develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements and system technical specifications. As a Software Development Engineer, you will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
Software Development Engineer responsibilities include analysing requirements, define system functionality and writing code in the companys current technology stack. The candidate is expected to be familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) process from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design. Your goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. You should be a team player with a keen eye for detailed and problem-solving skills. If you also have experience in SDLC, Agile frameworks and popular coding languages (e.g., Java), strong computer science fundamentals we’d like to meet you.
Years of experience : 2 to 10 years.
Roles & Responsibilities
The overview of this position (based in Chennai, India) includes:
- Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
- Technology professional with experience in designing and managing the implementation of future looking, flexible and reusable, enterprise applications and components.
- Expert in translating business requirements into an application design that includes Data Model, Web Screens, Web Services, and batch processing.
- May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource.
- Deploy programs, gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Good interpersonal and technology understanding skills
- Evaluate open-source components and integrate into product pipeline
Skills and Qualifications
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications.
- Strong Java, development skills (JAVA, J2EE, STRUTS, SPRING, Web Services, Eclipse, UI screens, AngularJS, React.JS)
- Excellent debugging skills
- Strong knowledge on databases (MySQL, MSSQL Server and NoSQL databases)
- Understanding of various deployment servers (Apache Tomcat is a must)
- Understanding of OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge is a must.
- Strong understanding in creating and maintaining web services.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience with Implementation and release management activities
- Good understanding of unit/system and functional testing methodology
- Experience working in large transaction-based systems
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience documenting technical functions
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists.
- Experience in Linux based systems, development of shell-based scripts.
- Training on the coding paradigms, guidelines, frameworks, usage of the applications would be provided by the engineers
- Periodic training sessions would be conducted by the technical architects in terms of technology and skills to be learnt
- Periodic, structured training would be provided on the applications Hours & Environment
- Typical 40 hours of work a week
- Depending on the requirements, work hours may have to be extended during the day, weekend
Clari uses AI and automation to drive growth and retention for high-performing revenue teams. Clari’s Revenue Operations platform is currently processing over $300 billion in pipeline, and is used by over 50,000 marketing, sales and customer success professionals across 170 countries. Customers include market leaders like Symantec, Adobe, Alteryx, Workday, Lenovo, Zoom, Medallia, Alteryx and hundreds of others. Clari harvests and analyzes activity signals from dozens of different business systems, including email, calendar, CRM, marketing automation, to shorten sales cycles, increase win rates, and make revenue more predictable.
The result is passionate and frankly humbling customer loyalty. We consistently hear from our customers how we’ve changed their lives - just check out the reviews on G2 Crowd. It never gets old, and we never take it for granted.
Clari is looking for several key experienced engineering who will focus on implementing many different areas of our solution, including but not limited to our overall web architecture, core application features such as data science driven analytics, user management, content management, social graph integration, personalization, emails, collaboration systems and enterprise content repositories as well as on unstructured data analytics, machine learning and our relevance engine.
Join our core applications team where you’ll work with truly remarkable colleagues on highly diverse, complex, and relevant problems while building scalable applications designed to service millions of mobile and web-based information workers. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, and others in a cross functional environment on multiple projects, from concept phase through testing, launch and ongoing operations.
We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek exceptional developers who enjoy problem solving and straying outside the routine. You will also contribute to the growth of Clari by being a Brand Ambassador and assist in the hiring of great talent.
- 3+ years of professional server development experience using Java or similar object-oriented language
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture - web servers, load balancing, caching, databases etc.
- Basic knowledge of SQL (Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience developing data driven web applications
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest trends in web application development, including Amazon AWS ecosystem
- Experience building and using RESTful APIs
Nice to Have
- Experience with multi-threading, replication etc. concepts in cloud applications
- Familiarity with large scale business intelligence applications
Because we have a big mission, a winning product and an amazing fan base of passionate customers.
We’re changing the world and having a lot of fun on the way. Clari is a fun and fast-growing Silicon Valley company. Clari is one of Inc. Magazine’s best places to work in the US and was named as a 2019 Top Bay Area Workplace for the 5th consecutive year. In October 2019, we closed $60M in Series D funding and are growing at 200%. Our product is a winner - we have perennially been given the highest overall rating in G2 Crowd’s Top 20 Sales Analytics Software. We’re backed by top tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Madrona Venture Group and Tenaya Capital, and have a superb and supportive board.
Our team is made up of veteran entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, and tried-and-true sales professionals who have done this before and want to do it again, this time only bigger.
What’s left to add? You.
Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements. Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing. Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
Additional Job Details:
Strong in Java, Spring, Spring Boot, REST and developing MicroServices.
Knowledge or experience , Cassandra preferred
Knowledge or experience on Kafka
Good to have but not must
Good to know:
Reporting tools like Splunk/Grafana