About Poker Yoga
Working along with the highly motivated advanced Machine Learning team, with key responsibilities are to research, design, develop, and implement applications that will be integrated into our workflows.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
III Skill Set & Personality Traits required:
● Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
● Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional
● Building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
● Maintain, organize & automate data processes for various use cases.
● Identifying trends, doing follow-up analysis, preparing visualizations.
● Creating daily, weekly and monthly reports of product KPIs.
● Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights
relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
Required Skills And Experience:
● 2-5 years of work experience in data analytics- including analyzing large data sets.
● BTech in Mathematics/Computer Science
● Strong analytical, quantitative and data interpretation skills.
● Hands-on experience with Python, Apache Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL
databases(MongoDB preferred), Linux is a must.
● Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
● Experience with Google Cloud Data Analytics Products such as BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc etc. (or similar cloud-based platforms).
● Experience working within a Linux computing environment, and use of
command-line tools including knowledge of shell/Python scripting for
automating common tasks.
● Previous experience working at startups and/or in fast-paced environments.
● Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
● Able contribute to the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical
specifications, and project & test planning
● Demonstrating technical expertise, and solving challenging programming and design
● Roughly 80% hands-on coding
● Generate technical documentation and PowerPoint presentations to communicate
architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
● Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release
● Work cross-functionally with various bidgely teams including: product management,
QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
● BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
● 2-4 years’ experience designing and developing applications in Data Engineering
● Hands-on experience with Big data Eco Systems.
● Hadoop,Hdfs,Map Reduce,YARN,AWS Cloud, EMR, S3, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka,
● Expertise with any of the following Object-Oriented Languages (OOD): Java/J2EE,Scala,
● Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting if required
● Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical
issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
● Expertise in the Software design/architecture process
● Expertise with unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
● Experience on Cloud or AWS is preferable
● Have a good understanding and ability to develop software, prototypes, or proofs of
concepts (POC's) for various Data Engineering requirements.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Games Optimisation Analyst you will be responsible for optimising in-game features and design, utilising A-B testing and multivariate testing of in-game components.
What you will be doing
- Investigate how millions of players interact with Kwalee games.
- Perform statistical analysis to quantify the relationships between game elements and player engagement.
- Design experiments which extract the most valuable information in the shortest time.
- Develop testing plans which reveal complex interactions between game elements.
- Collaborate with the design team to come up with the most effective tests.
- Regularly communicate results with development, management and data science teams.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- A degree in a numerically focussed degree discipline such as, Maths, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Engineering, Biological Sciences
- A record of outstanding problem solving ability in a commercial or academic setting
- Experience using Python for data analysis and visualisation.
- An excellent knowledge of statistical testing and experiment design.
- Experience manipulating data in SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays!(Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
- Sound knowledge of Mongo as a primary skill
- . Should have hands on experience of MySQL as a secondary skill will be enough
- . Experience with replication , sharding and scaling.
- . Design, install, maintain highly available systems (includes monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
- . Implement secure database and server installations (privilege access methodology / role based access)
- . Help application team in query writing, performance tuning & other D2D issues
- • Deploy automation techniques for d2d operations
- . Must possess good analytical and problem solving skills
- . Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed
- . Scripting experience a plus
- . Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- . good verbal and written communication skills
- Design AWS data ingestion frameworks and pipelines based on the specific needs driven by the Product Owners and user stories…
- Experience building Data Lake using AWS and Hands-on experience in S3, EKS, ECS, AWS Glue, AWS KMS, AWS Firehose, EMR
- Experience Apache Spark Programming with Databricks
- Experience working on NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, HBase, and Elastic Search
- Hands on experience with leveraging CI/CD to rapidly build & test application code
- Expertise in Data governance and Data Quality
- Experience working with PCI Data and working with data scientists is a plus
- At least 4+ years of experience in the following Big Data frameworks: File Format (Parquet, AVRO, ORC), Resource Management, Distributed Processing and RDBMS
- 5+ years of experience on designing and developing Data Pipelines for Data Ingestion or Transformation using AWS technologies
Roles & Responsibilities
- Proven experience with deploying and tuning Open Source components into enterprise ready production tooling Experience with datacentre (Metal as a Service – MAAS) and cloud deployment technologies (AWS or GCP Architect certificates required)
- Deep understanding of Linux from kernel mechanisms through user space management
- Experience on CI/CD (Continuous Integrations and Deployment) system solutions (Jenkins).
- Using Monitoring tools (local and on public cloud platforms) Nagios, Prometheus, Sensu, ELK, Cloud Watch, Splunk, New Relic etc. to trigger instant alerts, reports and dashboards. Work closely with the development and infrastructure teams to analyze and design solutions with four nines (99.99%) up-time, globally distributed, clustered, production and non-production virtualized infrastructure.
- Wide understanding of IP networking as well as data centre infrastructure
- Expert with software development tools and sourcecode management, understanding, managing issues, code changes and grouping them into deployment releases in a stable and measurable way to maximize production Must be expert at developing and using ansible roles and configuring deployment templates with jinja2.
- Solid understanding of data collection tools like Flume, Filebeat, Metricbeat, JMX Exporter agents.
- Extensive experience operating and tuning the kafka streaming data platform, specifically as a message queue for big data processing
- Strong understanding and must have experience:
- Apache spark framework, specifically spark core and spark streaming,
- Orchestration platforms, mesos and kubernetes,
- Data storage platforms, elasticstack, carbon, clickhouse, cassandra, ceph, hdfs
- Core presentation technologies kibana, and grafana.
- Excellent scripting and programming skills (bash, python, java, go, rust). Must have previous experience with “rust” in order to support, improve in house developed products
Red Hat Certified Architect certificate or equivalent required CCNA certificate required 3-5 years of experience running open source big data platforms
We are looking for BE/BTech graduates (2018/2019 pass out) who want to build their career as Data Engineer covering technologies like Hadoop, NoSQL, RDBMS, Spark, Kafka, Hive, ETL, MDM & Data Quality. You should be willing to learn, explore, experiment, develop POCs/Solutions using these technologies with guidance and support from highly experienced Industry Leaders. You should be passionate about your work and willing to go extra mile to achieve results.
We are looking for candidates who believe in commitment and in building strong relationships. We need people who are passionate about solving problems through software and are flexible.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Passionate to learn and explore new technologies
Any RDBMS experience (SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL)
Any ETL tool experience (Informatica/Talend/Kettle/SSIS)
Understanding of Big Data technologies
Good Communication Skills
Excellent Mathematical / Logical / Reasoning Skills