Jobs at Zscaler
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
About the role :
This is a senior staff backend engineer role in the engineering team that designs, implements and maintains our state of the art product IllusionBLACK. The team is responsible for designing and implementing secure, highly performant and maintainable product.
- Architect, develop and maintain high performance, fault tolerant and scalable cloud hosted service using NodeJS
- End to end responsibility to continuously create and monitor the services you build
- Help design reusable and clean API's for our frontend React app
- Guide team members with handling complex issues
- You will also be responsible for database schema design and development of migration scripts
- Experiment with new technologies and ideas and help shape our stack and processes
- 10+ years professional SW development experience
- All our production applications are built with either Typescript or Python. You must have a strong understanding of NodeJS express apps written in Typescript and ES6
- Must have good experience with Python
- Solid experience with databases is a must. We use and love Postgres here at Smokescreen
- You should be able to design a complex database SQL schema normalized to 3NF on the back of a napkin at 3am in the morning
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of Redis cache
- Experience with Solr or Elasticsearch is a must. We use Solr for our event analytics exclusively
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus. We have a large distributed application running on AWS
- Experience with Docker/Swarm is a plus
- Experience in some stream processing platforms like Kafka/Redis stream is a plus