How would you leverage your technical expertise to create extraordinary impact for our clients?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. They leverage their deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess their team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients
- Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have at least 5 years of experience with two or more development languages such as Java, C#, or Ruby
- You can skillfully write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with Object-Oriented programming
- Presence in the external tech community: you proactively share your expertise with others via speaking engagements, contributions to open source, blogs and more
- Comfortability with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and/or Kanban
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- Bonus points if you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes and Docker
Founded in 1993, we’ve grown from a small team in Chicago to a leading software consultancy of more than 8000 Thoughtworkers in 17 countries. Our cross-functional teams of strategists, developers, data engineers, and designers bring over two decades of global experience to every partnership.
Thoughtworks invented the concept of distributed agile and we know how to harness the power of global teams to deliver software excellence at scale. Today we help our clients to create their own path to digital fluency and to build organizational resilience to navigate the future.
Our job is to foster a vibrant community where people have the freedom to make an extraordinary impact on the world through technology.
As a Thoughtworker, you are free to seek out the most ambitious challenges. Free to change career paths. Free to use technology as a tool for social change. Free to be yourself.
Required Candidate profile
- Should be able to take responsibility and work independently.
- Professional experience with C#, .NET & OOPS
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Proficient understanding of code versioning using Git
Founded in 2012,leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
We are hiring Software Engineers across all levels in Chennai!
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will partner with our globally distributed cross-functional teams (Product, Infrastructure, Engineering, Data Science) to conceptualize and develop new features and products in an Agile environment.
- You will own end-to-end delivery of software components all the way to production, owning team features or systems.
- You will be building web services and REST APIs at scale, and producing high-quality results with direct business impact.
- You will be monitoring and improving existing deployments, ensuring that we are continuously improving our product.
- You will be assisting our QA and support team in triaging and resolving production issues and addressing bugs.
What You'll Bring:
- You are interested in our tech stack (Java or Scala, SQL Databases, NoSQL, Microservices, and AWS)
- You will have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, various programming languages, distributed systems, etc.
- You understand engineering best practices and seek to improve engineering standards, tooling and processes.
- You write “good code” - easily understandable, secure and testable!
- You are comfortable helping drive technical decisions within our Engineering team.
- You have experience building applications at scale.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- Generous health insurance for employees and dependents
- Flexible work schedule and work-from-home options
- Flexible PTO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a self-motivated Unreal Engine developer who understands the value of working on unique applications and is extremely passionate about innovating and inventing/discovering new things. The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining our platform lineup. The key responsibilities of the job are:
- Perform full life-cycle software development
- (Requirements: analysis, Tech design, implementation, integration, testing, debugging, and support).
- Work directly with researchers and project stakeholders to ensure proper software design and delivery.
- Design and develop modular platforms.
- Stay updated on current trends in AR/VR/MR/XR.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code in rapid timing.
- Writing unit tests for important logic and services.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
Credentials we are looking for:
- (Senior UE Developer) 5 years+ of experience with game development and at least 3 years of experience with Unreal Engine
- An entrepreneurial spirit that drives innovation within a target industry.
Skills essential to the role:
- High proficiency with Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints
- High-Level C++ skills within Unreal Engine 4 and outside.
- Extremely good problem-solving skills
- Networking, replication, and multiplayer integrations with VOIP services and video.
- Knowledge of the Google and Apple app store functionality and build processes.
- Core knowledge of how Unreal Engine 4 works internally
- Ability to modify API’s to get the desired result within Unreal Engine 4
- Ability to create and modify plugins within the Unreal Engine framework
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable and modular application.
- Skills that will add value:
- AWS and Gamelift
- PHP, databases and Web Integrations
- Understanding of live streaming formats such RTMP.
- Basic design skills and minimalist sensibilities. No major design skills required, but an understanding of what makes something look good.
- Basic cross-platform CG asset implementation skill
- Collaborative working using version control tools such as Git and project management applications.
- Low-level project planning and estimation skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A wicked sense of humor (you’ll need it).
Alore brings revenue velocity to businesses by being their dependable growth operating system.
For further information on what Alore can do for growing businesses, please visit alore.io
Alore is based out of Singapore with an office at Bangalore.
Who should not apply for this job
- If you are looking for a 100% hike in your salary but can't commit to what value you will bring on the table
- If you never read books
- If you jump companies every 11-12 months
- If you are not comfortable working on Saturdays
- If you have less than 2 years of experience
- If you have more than 4 years of experience
- If you have never worked in a product-led company
8.5-10.5 LPA based on experience and on performance in the interview round (70% Fixed - 30% Variable Incentive based on delivery schedule) (We do ZERO deductions since the salary will be paid from Singapore)
At this position you will:
- Get solid experience with high-load distributed architecture using REST and Kafka services.
- Work with automated CI/CD processes, AWS cloud, and VoIP.
- Implement and support microservices based on Spring MVC, Camel, MySQL, Mongo, and Kafka.
- At least 1 year of experience with Java Core, Java EE, Spring Core, Spring Boot.
- Not more than 3 years of experience in Java Core, Java EE, Spring Core, Spring Boot.
- Deep understanding of SQL database technologies.
- Experience with Scrum / Agile methodology.
- Willingness to learn and explore new technologies.
- Git: merge, rebase, cherry-pick should be fluent.
- Good level of English B1 or higher.
It would be a nice bonus to have:
Experience with distributed architecture.
Hands-on experience with Kafka, MongoDB, and Apache Camel.
Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Heroku, etc.).
Experience with client-side development (we use Angular8 for website).
A degree in computer science.
- Programming and optimizing smart contracts
- Design, research and develop blockchain-based solutions
- Developing decentralized high-performance systems
- Building reliable and fast data storages
- Security audits of third-party and internal solutions
- Establishing policies and procedures that produce secure, high-quality software
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Coding with concurrency, efficiency and scalability as primary motive
- Document systems, build runbooks, and automate those processes
- Being hands on by writing, testing, and deploying high-performance networking code
- Rigor on clean code, unit testing, code coverage and best practices
- Developing infrastructure software
4+ years experience in JAVA, 1+ year of experience in Blockchain, willingness to learn on the go, ability to write clean code, a strong sense of responsibility.
JAVA, git, linux, bash, ability to work with Docker.
Nice to have:
cryptography and system software development experience, understanding of design patterns, understanding of operating systems and networks, ability to design algorithms and mathematical models.