Through your work at Vauld, you will have the opportunity to change money for the 21st century. We’re a leading cryptocurrency platform and are passionate about increasing economic freedom around the world.
We are looking for a Lead Backend Engineer who has hands-on experience working with and leading Product teams and has solved for and built complex backend solutions. You'll be involved with bringing features and products from idea to completion and mentoring an incredibly talented group of peers.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment where you can grow and deepen your technical skills as a backend engineer and architect, we’d love to chat with you!
- Working with CXO’s, product managers, devops, and frontend engineers to collaboratively own the backend-end layer for Vauld’s application.
- Architect and build highly scalable, secure features keeping the long term vision of the product.
- You have 7 years or more of backend development experience with expertise in designing and implementing high-performance applications.
- Worked with and built high performance products using Node Js/GoLang/ Python and have seen the product evolution cycle from PoC to Production
- You have a deep understanding of design principles and can rightly judge/implement solutions to complex problems
- You are capable of writing high-quality code that conforms to the standards and best practices in a particular language/framework.
- You have experience building a product using a mainstream library or framework.
- You love to own end to end responsibility, starting from defining the problem statement (either yourself or alongside your peers), development (PoC if needed), testing, releasing in staging & then production environment, and finally monitoring.
- Previous work experience in product-based startups
- Experience building for products that have scaled and have seen the product evolution
- Understands the cryptocurrency landscape
Working at Vauld:
You will join a fun and intellectually stimulating work environment. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on being disruptive and ambitious, a career with Vauld is perfect for you.
• As a member of the development team, become deeply familiar with the product goals, and provide thought leadership on the technical aspects of realizing the product goals
• Contribute to the SDLC best practices, modeled after contemporary industry standards, and ensure the practices are diligently followed
• Encourage automation in various aspects of software development such as code reviews, unit tests, continuous integration, system testing. Identify appropriate tools, and create best practices around automation
• Participate in requirement gathering, analysis, designing proofs of concepts
• Team up with various stakeholders in aiding project planning, estimation, execution, and production support
• Identify the most appropriate platforms, frameworks, and third-party components to meet the product requirements
• Define and own the interfaces, such as services and APIs between product components
• Perform code walkthroughs, reviews. Promote code-reuse. Identify opportunities for refactoring code, and ensure code is modular and extensible.
• Ensure adequate coverage of functional and non-functional requirements in test plans
• Provide guidance on production support/bug-fixing issues. Own the technical resolution of high-priority fixes
• 0-3 years of hands-on experience with Python and Python-based frameworks such as Django, Flask, and web2py, etc.
• Hands-on experience with web-based front-end technologies is a plus
• Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable web application and integration using RESTful APIs and JSON data
• Deep familiarity with n-tier and MVC patterns
• Strong unit testing and debugging skills
• Familiarity with CI tools such as Jenkins
Who are we looking for?
• Should be comfortable working in a team-oriented, fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Willingness to take on ownership and responsibility
• Resourceful, confident under pressure, ability to communicate with folks with varied experience and backgrounds
• Aptitude for problem-solving and analytical skills
Expertise in Angular JS, Node JS, React JS.
• Code, develop, design and architect features related to the existing application. We
expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you
• Lead from the front, when it comes to delivering high quality work products. Serve
as a mentor to the team members
• Create and define performance metrics. Ideate, innovate and hack through the
existing systems to improve performance.
• Perform code reviews, set coding practices and guidelines within the team.
• Make sense of the product specs, be nimble in getting the issues resolved. Be a
Critical Functional Skills:
• Solid understanding and knowledge of Java/C/C++. You should understand the
concepts of multithreading, I/O, messaging, instrumentation etc and their
implementation in Java/Any other Object-Oriented Language.
• Proficiency in the implementation of algorithms and the use of advanced data
structures to solve problems in computing. A solid foundation in the principles of
computer science is desired.
• Ability to write clean, modular, and loosely coupled code by the use of design
• He/She should be able to break down and architect complex software systems. For
• Cars Availability Engine for Ola.
• Strong decision-making ability
• Deep expertise in at least one programming language & tech stack.
• Substantial experience in building complex and scalable solutions.
• Strong object-oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny
ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
• The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to
• Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
• Experience with full life cycle development in any programming language on a Linux
• Comprehensive operational experience including, optimizations, deployments and
tuning servers like apache/mysql/tomcat/solr
• Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies (XP, Scrum), TDD,
and Continuous Integration(CI/CD) a plus.
• Experience in building data-driven web application design and development is a plus
• Expert level experience in building a scalable, large and complex business
• Typically with an experience of 5+ years of development experience in a product
• Must have lead, designed, architected and delivered at least 1 project in his previous
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Btech/MS from a reputed Institute
• Deep expertise with any or combination programming languages: Java, C++, C#,
• Go any object-oriented high-level proprietary or open-source language with strong
programming constructs. We are not skill-specific but go by strength in
• Machine coding
• Single machine in-memory program
• Need a working code with functionality
• Readable and well-designed code with right abstractions, separation of concerns,
• right design patterns
• Performant code with concurrency and efficient data structures
• Write test cases covering the happy path and edge cases
• Problem Solving
• Choose the right combination of data structures to solve the problem
• Identify most edge cases for the problem
You will be a passionate engineer who will be a key member of iManage Insight and Extract solutions in an agile environment. You will be at the heart of the development and will be working on supporting and solving exciting difficult problems, whilst having fun! You will play a key role in helping bridge the gap across the iManage ecosystems while working with teams in London as well as Chicago, IL. You will be working on everything from the web interface to writing performance-critical code which sets the foundation of the application. We use many tools and technologies in our stack for our RAVN solution including Java, Scala, REST, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Python, and more.
- Taking ownership and seeing a project through the full SDLC and production maintenance
- Architecting, developing, implementing, and delivering quality software into an externally facing client product
- Collaborating with the engineering manager, product owners, and technical specialists to help deliver our roadmap
- Having the ability to shift gears, prioritize & work effectively in an agile environment
- Adhering to good development practices with an engineering mindset
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of extensive experience with Java
- Worked with large complicated software systems and architecture
- Consumed and contributed to the design of RESTful interfaces
- Experience building and designing scalable and performant systems and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of the product
- Exposure in an agile environment
- An interest in learning new concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with other high-level modern programming languages like Scala or Python
- Understand the overall requirements of the product/platform and specifically for the assigned feature/module.
- Design and Develop Software as per the product architecture and requirements.
- Code and unit testing of the feature/modules including appropriate design reviews and code inspections.
- Ensure adherence to the software development processes.
- Investigates software/system problems to isolate the root cause and provides innovative solutions.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (locally & globally) to ensure product releases meet quality, performance, scalability, reliability, and schedule goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology.
- 6-10 years of experience in software development using J2EE technologies
- Experience with Core Java, JEE5 (JSP/JMS/Web Services/Servlets), Spring, Hibernate, REST, JBOSS/Tomcat Servers
- 1+ years of experience using Azure IOT technologies
- Work experience in Azure IoT Suite: IoT HUB, Azure TSI, DPS, Service Bus, Azure Functions, Azure KeyVault, MCI/AKS, Azure AD
- Knowledge in Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge in ReactJS, JQuery is a plus
- Good knowledge in SQL -preferable
- Must have worked in agile/scrum environment
- Good understanding of software development processes, preferably for a regulated medical devices environment (ISO13485/FDA)
- Ability to work with cross-functional and remote teams.
- Flexibility to work on different areas of the product/platform
- Good written and verbal English communication
- Ability to travel as needed (minimal)
Required Experience : 2 to 6 Years
Technical Skillsets Required :
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of object-oriented Java / J2EE development
- Full SDLC experience (requirements gathering, architecture, development, QA, etc- )
- Experience with Spring (MVC, IOP/DI, REST, Security) & Hibernate/Spring
- Experience with SOAP / REST web services
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of No SQL concepts, understanding of Solr, Redis and Mongo DB is desirable
- Understanding concepts of CDN & Content Management
- Must have worked on any one messaging solutions
- Bonus Points for micro service design and development experience
- Bonus points for any mobile development experience
- Used Agile methodology
- Experience leading or working with cross geography teams
- Bonus Points for experience working on Unix, shell scripting & Build Systems
- Experience in performance optimization is an added advantage
- Bonus points on having Hands-on Experience at least at basic level with Solr / ElasticSearch
- Knowledge on Micro-service architecture must
- You will be actively involved during the entire technology development lifecycle. Responsibilities will include all aspects from design, coding, testing, customer feedback cycle changes and support.
- Primary role in software development with object-oriented Java
- The customized solutions that you will be architecting and developing will also require knowledge and experience with spring / Hibernate, SOAP / REST, and SQL.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and willingness to read and digest large existing source code and take ownership on complex component or subsystem to drive improvements and re-architecture
- Work with a team of amazing developers and designers involved in the design and development of global platforms
- Invent and prototype new features, build, test and ship them to customers as SaaS, cloud based or hosted product platforms
- Drive the implementation of new technologies which improve our ability to build great customers products.
- Participate in a fun, open learning environment with great benefits and smart talented folks that represent among the best globally.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- M-Tech or advanced degree a plus
- Hackathon participation and accolades are a plus
Job Role :
- Quinbay is an upstart digital platforms and products company with a core focus on disrupting traditional markets and business models with the strength of our innovation driven digital value. We harness the power of our open innovation culture, our unique talent selection approach, the skills and expertise of our people across various industries, domains and technologies and a unique blend of analytics driven strategies for creating future digital platforms.
- OPPORTUNITIES : Pursue opportunities in and learning/growth interests in Mobile, product development, product management, Analytics, Machine learning, UI/UX design, DevOps, Automation, Drones, bots and Java / open source development frameworks and methodologies - on a variety of domains like eCommerce, Logistics and fulfilment, Mcommerce and a whole lot others.
- Opportunities to be part of fastest growing eCommerce platforms in exciting application areas like core commerce, supply chain, logistics and fulfilment, merchant, mobile commerce, analytics, automation and a lot more for the global markets positioned for Asia.