We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
• Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
• Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
About TechUnity Software Systems India Pvt Ltd;
Desired Experience Range 4+ years
Minimum 4+ years of professional experience in Android development
1. Writing clean and efficient native Android applications
2. Proven knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
3. Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
4. Proven knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
5. Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
6. Must have worked on integrating oAuth/JWT
7. Must have worked with Git
8. Understanding of SDLC process
9. Good to have knowledge of Jira
1. Writing clean and efficient native Android applications
2. Consuming web services/APIs for Android platform
3. Monitoring the performance of live apps and work on optimizing them at the code level
4. Identifying and resolving bottlenecks, rectifying bugs and enhancing application performance
5. Integrating new features into the platform
6. Integrating payment gateways
7. Looking into any bug fixes post go live
8. Helping the junior developers
Candidate will report to the Engineering Lead
Why you should be interested in this role?
Biofourmis is pioneering an entirely new digital health category by developing clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide a better outcome for patients, smarter engagements, and tracking tools for clinicians. By combining Machine Learning Technology we are creating a truly unique movement in the health space.
Our team works in a cross-functional agile setup consisting of mobile developers, backend developers, designers, product managers, researchers, and scrum masters.
Biofourmis headquartered in Boston develops and delivers clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide cost-effective solutions for payers, accelerated research and drug development for biopharmaceutical companies, advanced tools for clinicians to deliver personalized care, and, ultimately, better outcomes for patients.
Our robust digital therapeutics products and pipeline cover multiple therapeutic areas including heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, COPD, and chronic pain.
A successful Series B and Series C round funding, strategic acquisitions, key commercial multi-year contracts, FDA approvals, new U.S. headquarters, and industry recognition were among some of our achievements in 2020-21.
As an Android Engineer at Biofourmis, you are engaged right from the product ideation conversation where you analyse requirements, explore the feasibility to implement it to make it a full-blown product. You ideate, identify the solution, build and suggest the right architecture, engage the right partner, demonstrate the idea, present the solution to multiple stakeholders, execute a proof of concept, and finally oversee it all while the dream gets implemented.
People and Technology:
There would be direct interactions between the internal product and engineering teams. The engineering team is comprised of UI/UX, Mobile - iOS, Android, Backend - NodeJS, Python, Web - Angular, HTML/CSS, QA, and DevOps team.
We have the best engineers and they are always willing to support a customer use case and brainstorm new ideas, which makes the job even more fun.
- You will be a part of the core development team at Biofourmis to work on engaging and challenging products in healthcare/digital therapeutics domain
- You will be constantly developing new features, improve existing features of our new and existing products.
- You will be working closely with the product team, backend team, iOS team, web team and QA team to shape the product
- You will be responsible for mentoring and guiding juniors, who will help you build the product along the way
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Android development (knowledge of AACs, Data binding, VMs, Live data and such)
- Well versed in Kotlin and Java (knowledge of various concepts in these programming languages)
- At least two years of experience in Kotlin
- Application knowledge of architectural patterns like MV(X), Coordinator and such
- Technical designing abilities using clean architecture, SOLID patterns
- Knowledge of Android UI design guidelines and various UI widgets
- Application knowledge of techniques like DI, Reactive programming
- Good understanding of Git and related workflows for daily development activities
- Application knowledge of unit testing. TDD knowledge is an added advantage
- Hands-on debugging and troubleshooting skills, Usage of performance tools
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology and scrum
Who are we?
We are Settlin, The first & only Full-stack Resale Home Buying PropTech Platform. Search online within 3 times the options anywhere else, visit offline via white-collar gig economy greeters, and transact online, all in just 4 months as opposed to the industry average of 18. The platform is powered by a modern, feature-rich, carefully handcrafted technology that integrates data, analytics, and all related services seamlessly.
What is your role?
Engineers at Settlin are expected to
- be strong problem solvers with a deep understanding of how to make software modular. If you’ve ever built a complete application/module all by yourself, that’s a major plus.
- understand the software architecture.
- train and coach other engineers on the team
What should you have mandatorily?
- At least 1 year of Relevant Work Experience in Flutter development
- Good Analytical Skills and Problem-Solving Ability
- A Deep Hunger to Learn and Create Technology
- An understanding of Material UI design elements and their implementation
- A good sense of design, empathy, and good communication skills
- Sound understanding of OOPS
What will help you boost up your application?
- Native App Development
- Knowing how to make packages and plugins
- Published App on Play store and App Store
- Good Debigging Skills
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL
- DevOps: AWS, CI/CD, Docker
- Implementing automated testing platforms, unit tests, benchmarking, and optimization
Why should you join us?
We are a small but dedicated team, solving some awesome real-world challenges. Developing scalable architectures and solutions while being involved at every step of it - right from planning to execution to deployment is something that will broaden your horizons beyond imagination. Not to mention, these solutions are propelling the most awaited changes in the way we do any real-estate transaction
Within a year we plan to have 4 separate teams of multiple web apps, flutter-based mobile apps, data analytics, and dev-ops. Depending on your area of interest, you will have an option to move into the team you want.
The primary benefit is learning. We give a huge emphasis on learning and supporting our developers in whatever way we can to groom their skills. Apart from that, we have a liberal leave/work-from-home policy and a very cohesive atmosphere at the office.
- Writing clean and efficient codes for Android applications
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks, rectifying bugs and enhancing application performance.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define and design new feature.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ability to brainstorm and come up with solutions to open ended problems.
- Ability to take ownership and drive initiatives end to end.
- Desire to learn and dive deep into new technologies on the job.
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals-Operating Systems, Databases and Data Structure.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience as an Android Developer using Java, Kotlin, Android SDK, Android NDK
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to effectively integrate Android applications
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Passion for products and aspiration to make a big impact.
- Solid engineering principles and clear understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Expertise in implementation of custom UI components along with fabulous animations and write/understand Rest APIs
- Experience working with Google Maps, Social APIs, Geo-locations, Media permissions, SMS fetch, etc.
- Meeting with the product team to discuss ideas and specifications.
- Establishing strategy and development pipelines.
- Planning and implementing native functionality.
- Transforming design ideas into functional code.
- Designing and building native plugin codes.
- Identifying and fixing code errors and native plugin bottlenecks.
- Ensuring products conform to high industry standards.
Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
Work with outside data sources and APIs
Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
Proven software development experience and Android skills development
Proven working experience in Android app development and have published at least one original Android app
Experience with Android SDK
Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Seenit’s suite of apps enables the leading retailers around the world to transform their customer experience and build loyal relationships with their customers. The apps allow retailers to make use of their physical infrastructure and resources to deliver a truly omnichannel experience in today's rapidly changing world of shopping.
We would welcome someone to the team who:
- Loves to write “clean”, well designed code to solve complex problems
- Can design, develop and test the core product software to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Is inclined to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle and takes end to end ownership of the project
- Is excited to support others to succeed and shine in a collaborative team culture
Your application will require you to have:
- Just some previous projects to showcase, no need for CV immediately
You should work with us because:
- We’re a relaxed diverse group and don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We're creative and want to change the world while we're at it (yes we do!)
- Our products have an international audience and our partners are around the globe
- Team lunches are more frequent than team meetings
- We love to travel and will ask you to take time off to refresh
About WeSkill: WeSkill is an early-stage funded EdTech startup. Founded by alums from IIMA, IITB and IITD. We are on a mission to reimagine holistic education for kids in India.
As a Full Stack App Developer, you will:
Be a core team member and ride alongside the founders in a high-growth journey
Play the role of a tech-lead on various projects, and establish yourself as an SME in certain areas
Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
Write Unit & UI tests, set up dashboards and alerting, uncover and fix bugs, crashes, and other issues, in order to ensure a robust app
Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance
Mentor, coach and develop engineers and lead by example
Collaborate with Product Designers to deliver compelling consumer-facing products on the Android Platform
We are looking for:
- Minimum experience of 3 years in developing android applications with proficiency in Kotlin/ Flutter
- Strong preference for candidates who've worked for a consumer-facing product company or social media or EdTech company
- Experience in defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Have experience with common Android libraries like Retrofit, OkHttp, Picasso, RxJava, Gson, Arch-components, etc.
- Debugging skills, including identifying memory leaks, performance bottlenecks, and using tools like adb, proguard, etc
- Experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management is a plus
Pay range: Competitive salary with generous ESOP pool
Position: Senior Android Developer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Founded in 2015, Indihood is on a mission to create an epochal shift in platform development -
changing the way we conceive, build and consume software platforms that works for everyone
globally. Our approach is to reuse best-of-breed open systems, while filling those technology
gaps in the internet ecosystem that will empower everyone to solve socio-economic challenges
critical to people’s lives.
At Indihood we do not have coders but software engineers who are responsible for ideas that will
impact users at scale. The engineers building this platform are pioneers from Google who
invented, built and launched systems that touched a billion lives - including Google’s Map Maker,
Google Finance, Google Transliteration, YouTube community translation, Crowdsourced machine
translation training. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with these engineers.
As we move on to our next milestone, we want to grow our tribe because teamwork really does
make the dream work. That’s why we are looking for the best and brightest engineering minds to
work with us as we embark on our mission to help communities everywhere build digital
platforms that matter to them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Collaborate with the UX team to understand end-user requirements and build solutions
● Write well-abstracted, reusable, highly performant code for UI components
● Experiment with new relevant technologies and tools
Desired Skill Set:
● Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science
● Minimum 2 years of experience in building and shipping innovative, large scale products
● Must have experience in building high quality Android apps
● Must have experience in building Flutter applications
Indihood Pvt. Ltd., 534/A, 4th Cross, 7th Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru – 560034
● Experience with other related platforms, framework and languages such as Dart, iOS, web
applications is a big plus
If you are interested in designing, deploying and developing population scale platforms with
simple and powerful interfaces that cater to all.