Jobs at urbanpiper
smallest of restaurants to the largest chains across the world to grow their in-store
and online commerce. Right from automating all their workflows across online delivery
platforms such as Swiggy, Zomato, Deliveroo, UberEats—to building and deploying
self-branded websites and apps, right to managing their walk-in customers and
dine-in experiences, UrbanPiper is the preferred choice for over 20k+ restaurants.
We are backed by top VCs — Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. Recently, we closed
our Series B round of funding with Swiggy and Zomato also participating together!
That’s a first and only (until now) event for any startup in the food and beverage
The Platform Team is responsible for the core order processing and workflow
automation products that UrbanPiper builds. The team owns a suite of services, a
customer facing application and data pipelines that enable our customers to take
orders from multiple online and offline channels, process them seamlessly, and track
them till completion.
Different internal and external applications and systems depend on services managed
by the team to deliver their functionality to end-users.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for the design,
development, and maintenance of functional components in our core order processing
and workflow automation products. You will be working with a team of backend and
frontend engineers to build new features and improve existing ones.
● Take technical responsibility for a part of the product/module all throughout the
SDLC ranging from design to implementation and operation.
● Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Python code while
maintaining strict scalability requirements.
● Write unit tests and integration tests and ensure high quality code delivery.
● Write high quality documentation explaining the architecture and
implementation of the components you work on.
● Identify bottlenecks and bugs with the help of our error management/APM
solution, and devise fixes to these problems.
● Assist the SRE/Devops team in setting up the production environment for new
modules/systems as required.
● Participate in on-call shift rotations to assist the on-call SRE in identifying and
resolving product issues.
● Review code written by other team members.
● Mentor and guide Associate and Software Engineer level team members.
We are looking for someone who has/is:
● 4-7 years of experience in Python Web backend development.
● Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
● Strong familiarity with frameworks like Django, Flask etc. and those required to
implement RESTful/GraphQL backends.
● Proficiency in SQL/NoSQL data modeling.
● Proficiency and experience designing and implementing clean and flexible REST
● Ability to re-architect existing systems to become more efficient and scalable
based on industry best practices.
● Experience working with message queues such as RabbitMQ/Kafka or similar
queuing based systems.
● Experience with cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
● Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CircleCI etc.).
Good to have:
● Experience in a high-growth technology startup company.
● Experience managing a technical team.
● Familiarity with the concepts of distributed systems, their various failure modes
and solutions to address them.
● Experience with column-oriented analytical databases such as ClickHouse,
The recruiter has not been active on this job recently. You may apply but please expect a delayed response.
processing nearly 6 million transactions every month. By the end of this year, we will be growing this number to 10 million. The most defining aspects of our work related to — consistency, reliability,scalability and agility. We make use of a wide variety of technologies and process significantly large amounts of data on a daily basis.
We are looking for backend engineers who have an appetite to explore new technologies, while building applications that can scale well both in terms of execution speed and the size of data that is
• Work closely with the product management team to understand the scope of an application
• Expected to research for ideal technologies that can work ideally for given problem statements
• Have a good grasp of how to design and implement APIs in conformance to the protocols of REST and GraphQL.
• Need to have a good understanding of network principles related to latency, throughput,bandwidth, security — and how to monitor them.
• Take ownership of the correctness of your work both in terms of functional and usability aspects
• Apply the best practices of software development when it comes to SCM, managing issues and most importantly, documenting your work.
We are looking for someone who has:
• 1+ years of experience in building integration solutions with REST and GraphQL APIs,Databases, email, SMS, etc.
• Familiar with the concepts of distributed systems esp. Queues.
• A sound understanding of disparate persistence systems SQL and NoSQL storage systems.
• Worked with Python on a regular basis and is conversant with the dominant frameworks like
Django, Flask and those required to implement RESTful/GraphQL protocols.
• A strong understanding of data structures.
• The ability to communicate results clearly in a verbal and written manner
Nice to haves:
• Experience in a high growth technology company
• Conversant with the AWS platform and have a good understanding of working remotely on servers using SSH and CLI.
• Can install and operate infrastructure applications which can be used to monitor performance, alert and recover.
About the company
Internshala is six years old and on its way to solving a problem that is at least 50 years old - the problem of meaningful internships. Millions of students, just like you, struggle to find an internship every year - we are changing that.
Imagine a world full of freedom and possibilities. A world where you can discover your passion and turn it into your career. A world where your practical skills matter more than your university degree. A world where you do not have to wait till 21 to taste your first work experience (and get a rude shock that it is nothing like you had imagined it to be). A world where you graduate fully assured, fully confident, and fully prepared to stake the claim on your place in the world. At Internshala, we are making this dream a reality. Join us!
Wondering what it is like to work at Internshala? Catch a glimpse of Internshala work culture at https://internshala.com/culture
Dataweave Pvt Ltd
About the company
DataWeave provides Retailers and Brands with “Competitive Intelligence as a Service” that enables them to take
key decisions that impact their revenue. Powered by AI, we provide easily consumable and actionable
competitive intelligence by aggregating and analyzing billions of publicly available data points on the Web to
help businesses develop data-driven strategies and make smarter decisions.
Data Engineering and Delivery @DataWeave
We the Delivery / Data engineering team at DataWeave, deliver the Intelligence with actionable data to the
customer. One part of the work is to write effective crawler bots to collect data over the web, which calls for
reverse engineering and writing scalable python code. Other part of the job is to crunch data with our big data
stack / pipeline. Underpinnings are: Tooling, domain awareness, fast paced delivery, and pushing the envelope.
About the company
CARS24, an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, buys any car - any condition, any make - from car owners and gives them the best price for their car. Founded in 2015, CARS24's mission is to revolutionize the way used cars are sold in India. What makes CARS24 standout from other ways of selling a used car? Typically, it takes a car owner around 30-50 attempts to sell his/her car. The process involves listing the car on various websites, taking numerous calls, meeting multiple buyers, facing last-minute buyer back offs, delayed payments and an endless wait for the ownership transfer. Even after all this, there is no guarantee that one will get a fair price for his/ her car. CARS24 creates an efficient and reliable way for car owners to sell their used cars at the Best Price. All one has to do is - book an appointment with any of the CARS24 branches, visit the branch and sell car in a single visit. One can also get an estimate value of his car by using a simple price valuation tool on the CARS24 website. Even after selling the car, getting complete payment and ensuring RC transfer are major pain points for every seller out there.
We understand this and hence offer instant payment and transfer of documents including free of cost transfer of car’s registration certificate (RC) transfer once the car is sold. Since our inception, we have come a long way - from one office in Delhi to 50+ branches across 10 major cities in India. Backed by a strong team of more than 700 employees, CARS24 has been amongst the fastest growing companies in India. If you want to be a part of exceptionally driven, capable team solving a real consumer problem, talk to us! For more information, you can connect with us at:
About the company
Livspace is India’s trusted interior design and renovation platform that connects interior designers, homeowners and vendors. For homeowners, Livspace is their one-stop destination for all things interiors. For interior designers and vendors, we’ve streamlined their workflow from design all the way to delivery through powerful and innovative technology.
We’re currently in nine Indian metro areas. We’ve made over 20,000 customers happy by delivering their dream homes to them. With over 3,500 interior designers on board, we’re the largest design community India has seen. We employ over 2000 passionate individuals who continue to grow and be a part of this exciting journey.
If you value autonomy, enjoy challenges, believe in getting things done and can work with minimal supervision, come join us.
About the company
At Bizongo, we believe that creativity and technology, when applied with a mindset of sustainability, can create massively uplifting solutions. We are in the business of creating such solutions for the unnerving problems of packaging.
Bizongo can be simply defined as a platform for everything packaging. It’s a comprehensive technological platform created to service the needs of enterprises seeking solutions at any stage of the packaging value chain. Our distinctive business model accelerates the design, development, and procurement solutions for every packaging category. These solutions are driven by a stack of connected technology platforms that facilitate efficient business processes to provide an end-to-end experience.
Our belief has the backing of illustrious investors including Accel, B Capital, Chiratae Ventures and IFC. Our solution has buyers of the highest acclaim with whose support we have been able to position ourselves as the market leader in our space. Packaging industry has a market size of $1 tn globally, and this is the beginning of our ascent.
As Bizongo Engineering, our mission is to create innovative platforms which disrupt current inefficient business processes to drive efficiency and fuel growth for businesses of the future. Keeping this mission in mind, we build products for Everything Packaging in Bizongo, which covers all three aspects of Packaging - Design, Development and Procurement.
We are looking for engineers who can bring fresh ideas, function at scale and are passionate about technology. We expect our engineers to be multidimensional, display leadership and have a zeal for learning as well as experimentation as we push business efficiency through our technology.
About the company
We were founded in 2012 by Tushar Vashisht and Sachin Shenoy, and incubated by Microsoft Accelerator.
Today, we happen to be India's largest and most loved health & fitness app with over 4 million users from
220+ cities in India. What makes us unique is our ability to bring together the power of artificial intelligence-powered technology and human empathy to deliver a measurable impact on our customer's lives. We do this through our team of elite nutritionists & trainers working together with the world's first AI-powered virtual nutritionist - "Ria", our proudest creation till date. Ria references data from over 200 million food & workout logs and 14 million conversations to deliver intelligent health & fitness suggestions to our customers. Ria also happens to be multi-lingual, "she" understands English, French, German, Italian & Hindi.
Recently Russia's Sistema and Samsung's AI focussed fund - NEXT, led a USD 12 Million Series B funding into our business. We are the most liked app in India across categories, we've been consistently rated as the no:1 health & fitness app on the play store for 3 years running and received Google's "editor's choice award" in 2017. Some of the marquee corporates in the country such as Cognizant, Accenture, Deloitte, and Metlife amongst others have also benefited from our employee engagement and wellness programs. Our global aspirations have taken us to MENA, SEA, and LATAM regions with more markets to follow.
uFaber Edutech Pvt. Ltd.
About the company
uFaber is one of the fastest growing Edutech company’s in India, specialising in personalised training with latest technologies and high quality content. Spearheaded by IITians with over 10 years of experience in education, uFaber has one of the largest course catalogues across languages, entrance exams and skill enhancement subjects.We currently have over 1000 hours of video content and a customer base of 50000 + students.
About the company
About the company