User Experience Designer
CAST is the market leader in Software Intelligence. Its unique technology thoroughly examines the structure of complex software systems, with MRI-like precision. It delivers accurate, actionable, and automated views of software architecture, critical flaws, quality grades, sizing metrics, open source usage, and cloud readiness levels. Hundreds of companies rely on CAST for greater objectivity in crucial business decisions, faster application modernization for Cloud, raising the quality and security of their custom software. CAST operates globally with offices in North America, Europe, India, China.
Title: UX Designer
Working at CAST R&D means being an important part of a highly-talented, fast-paced, multicultural and Agile team based in Paris (France) and Bangalore (India). The team builds sophisticated source code analysis platform leveraging parsing, control flow, data flow and others mechanisms to fully understand the inner structure of the complex IT Systems developed and used by the Fortune 500 companies.
We are looking for a talented designer who exhibits user empathy, big picture focus; and has mature design craftsmanship and problem-solving skills, who will work collaboratively with UX researchers, product managers and engineers while driving design from concept to final implementation
- Generate ideas, from foundational concepts with big ripple effects to small UI interactions, with fellow designers, product managers, and developers. Bring a user focus to these brainstorming sessions.
- Take initial concepts and mock-ups and own the process of building them out into entire end-to-end experiences within the product.
- Quickly iterate on concepts to bring them to life.
- Create & maintain design systems that are simple to understand but help us to move faster as we scale.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to discover the problems we need to focus on and to validate design changes.
- Critique and iterate on design ideas with other team members, proactively opening up your own ideas for critique.
- Partner with us to develop a visual language that is consistent, clear, and understandable across platforms. Work in interaction details that make the product not only usable but also enjoyable to use.
- Help us mould our culture into one that relentlessly focuses on the customers who use CAST, encouraging design thinking across the organization.
- Portfolio showcasing your proficiency in translating research insights into great product experiences, reflecting the synthesis of good visual and interaction design principles.
- A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation and be indicative of problem solving, creative thinking and the delivery of solid end to end scenarios
- 2+ years of experience shipping products in a product/software environment
- Passion for design and a strong command of interaction and visual design capabilities
- Proven experience in creatively solving hard problems, driving complex design issues across multidisciplinary groups such as engineering, product management, research and marketing; and shipping relevant experiences within deadlines.
- User-centric approach to design and an understanding of how to apply research insights into design and development of the product experience.
- Should have demonstrable User Interference and User Experience design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Should have solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Should have proficiency in Figma, Invision, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator or any Visual design and Wire-framing tools.
- Should have proficiency in responsive web designing and knowledge about HTML and CSS.
- Should have knowledge about material design guidelines.
CAST is the software intelligence category leader. CAST technology can see inside custom applications with MRI-like precision, automatically generating intelligence about their inner workings - composition, architecture, transaction flows, cloud readiness, structural flaws, legal and security risks. It’s becoming essential for faster modernization for cloud, raising the speed and efficiency of Software Engineering, better open source risk control, and accurate technical due diligence. CAST operates globally with offices in North America, Europe, India, China.
The role of the Ui/Ux Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical. You’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- Translate requirements into engaging interactive experiences that create a meaningful product design.
- You will partner with the product in the creation of personas, user journey maps, information architecture models, wireframes, prototypes, visual design, and conducting user research.
- Bring UX/UI experience to raise the bar and elevate the product design. • Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Marketing, and Design teams. • Design new patterns and standards.
- Leverage customer empathy, research, and design principles to support design decisions.
- Establish a strong design culture by championing user-centric design and design thinking.
What We're Looking For
- Proven track record of creating exceptional experiences and designs that raise the bar.
- Experience designing and thinking in design systems translating complexity to simplicity.
- Deep understanding of responsive and adaptive design.
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish, as well as multitask and prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Your up-to-date portfolio speaks for itself. Must have a portfolio featuring examples of work, your design process, and outcomes/results.
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or related field of study.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in UX/UI, mobile design, interaction design, and visual design.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design.
- Strong knowledge & relevant experience of design tools like Figma, Principle, Framer, • Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent self-management skills.
- Previous experience at a startup or in-house creative team, a plus
Create marketing material for our growth initiatives, social media platforms, and branding collaterals. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean, simple, and artful visual design. A successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into visual elements that align with the language of our products
What you will do
- Develop out of the box campaigns for Social Media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Conceptualize original graphic design ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Present concepts, participate in design/project critiques and refine design direction
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Conceptualize and execute creative for organic/paid content & campaigns of varying scale and complexity for the app products, PR & Brand
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams comprising interaction designers, content writers and product managers
- Knowledge of Colour Theory, Visual Hierarchy, Typography, Colour, and Information Composition
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Be able to design eye-catching branding, iconography, and illustrations
- Be able to work in a cross-functional team as well as independently
- Up-to-date with the latest visual trends, techniques, and technologies
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- BS/MS in Visual Design, Graphic Design, Communication Design is a plus
SocialPilot is seeking an experienced visual designer to handle all our visual marketing initiatives. The incumbent will coordinate with our marketing and product teams to create designs that help us achieve our marketing goals. The role requires the individual to maintain our brand’s visual tone across all marketing channels.
** Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
- More than 3 years of experience as a visual designer
- Experience developing branding systems
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Ideating visual concepts/themes/directions and refining design work based on creative direction
- Collaborate with the marketing team to provide them with various assets including social media ad graphics, blog banners, landing pages, animation, digital ads, illustrations, etc.
- Make all design-related decisions based on good judgment, experience, research, and data
- Envision and implement a cohesive visual style; define and maintain brand assets for usage across platforms and marketing channels
A Mumbai based content-writing agency serving clients both domestically and globally across different industries is looking for passionate creatives to join their cause. The team of 250+ full-
time writers, editors, and freelancers have served big industry brands as well as smaller franchises with more than 42 different content types.
• Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency of designs across various media outlets.
• To ideate, brainstorm and work collaboratively with the creative and strategy team.
• Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape, and market trends
• Design & animate cutting edge motion graphics using Adobe After Effects to bring our brand & product videos to life - these will range from working with stock footage & live-action to creating full-scale animated videos
Qualifications / Requirements:
• 1.5 years of experience in Graphics Design.
• Expert proficiency in tools including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects.
• Attention to detail and solid visual design skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have a portfolio of their work.
• The ideal candidate must be creative; curious by nature; interested in all facets of creating digital products.
• Effective at communicating and rationalizing their ideas,
Graphic designer will have to create visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner.
Design social media posts, logos, banners, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
Create these materials by using technology, including computer software programs. Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more—is the standard in the industry and most employers expect designers to be proficient with its programs.
Meet with clients to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like. Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
As our visual designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills in all these fields to help our users successfully navigate and become comfortable with our products.
More responsibilities in detail:
- Create the templates such that information on the app is easy to find, visually appealing and adhering to international standards and trends
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers, service teams in order to create simple, easy-to-use designs
- Translate business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the visual design field
- Interpret storyboards to tell visual stories that support our solutions
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience in designing graphics, layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined designs in a short time
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Sketch
- Expert level skills in Photoshop, 3DMax and other relevant tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the graphic design field
- Drawing up detailed website specifications
- Designing sample page layouts including text size and colours
- Create PSDs for visual layout of web pages
- Designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client
- Working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers- Researching current design trends
- Continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
- Create mock-ups for proposed project pages and update them as needed