• Help departments use technology profitably
• Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
• Build quality assurance and data protection processes
About HOUSEDECK FURNISNG PRIVATE LIMITED
“Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful.” With this mantra HouseDeck - (An on demand - omni channel platform for end to end Residential services) aspires to provide the best consumer centric on demand Home Services solution in the industry at an affordable cost using technology. We are a services and technology-first start up employing the required technology to give the best consumer experience. We provide end-to-end Residential services across four cities currently. With over 10000+ base customers, we're growing everyday. Experience are bedrock on which we strive to serve the customers.
If you are passionate about working in a dynamic organization that’s fun, young and growing fast, then come join us!
1. Experience as a Technical / Enterprise Architect with strong knowledge of technologies /
paradigms such as AI/ML, Micro-services, REST APIs, using MEAN /MERN & MongoDB
2. Experience in defining and implementing and managing Cloud infrastructure
3. Experience in setting up Architecture and technology vision and adoption of technology
advancements into product delivery
4. Should have worked with key technology partners in architecting various solutions
5. Developing, Training, and mentoring in-house & outsourced Engineering teams
6. Setting best practices across coding process
7. Experience in establishing Enterprise technology standards and architecture review
board for governance of Technology & Architectural changes and roadmap
8. Define the complete technical infrastructure environment
1. Experience in Fintech and B2C SaaS applications
2. Proven experience as a Technical Architect or Project Manager
3. Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
4. Understanding of strategic IT solutions
5. Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
6. Knowledge of selected coding languages (PHP, Python)
7. Familiarity with various operating systems (eg Windows, UNIX) and databases (eg
MongoDB / MySQL)
8. Ability to articulate technical solutions & ROI associated to multiple stakeholders such as
Product engineering teams, business leaders, CXOs etc
Technology / Frame work: Angular, Ionic
- Design frontend architecture.
- Provide solution for business needs.
- Caching techniques such as Service workers to improve the front end performance.
- Experience in unit testing automation frameworks such as Karma, Jasmine, Protractor.
- Experience in optimization of UI for mobile & tablet devices for infinite & smooth scrolling.
- Experience in Service side rendering technologies such as Angular 10. 0, typescript, React JS.
- Experience in setting up DevOps & Continuous Delivery pipeline for front end technologies using a standard platform such as Jenkins, Puppet , Team City or IBM Urban Build.
Desired/Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, start-up like environment.
- Experience leveraging node.js frameworks such as Express.
- Experience with distributed source control management, i.e. Git
CTO + CoFounder wanted for our Tech startup where we're trying to build Connected Mobility in parallel to a "short videos app" meant for dashcam videos getting recorded straight from the user's smartphone. So you can say we're a TikTok of dashcam videos at the front.
Expecting the individual is capable & willing to work on these below languages-
Our backend codes are in CakePHP,
Admin Panel in Laravel,
Android is in Java.
No iOS app yet but we plan to roll it out soon.
Hence, we're expecting the CTO to be having fair idea/expertise about these languages. Also, we don't have an iOS app at this point, but it would be benefecial if there's a fair knowledge about iOS apps as well. Also, since the server being used is AWS we are hoping the person knows how to efficiently utilize various features of the same while linking the things.
Proposed Salary may be available only after angel investor, VCs come on board.
CTO Job Description
We are seeking a highly-skilled CTO with a storied history in the technological sector. CTO's will be tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with its vision for its technological needs. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in technological development.
You will work directly under the Founder and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements.
- Acting as a mentor to team members.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of IT projects to market.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Masters degree in computer science or related field.
- MBA preferred.
- The applicant must possess entrepreneurial experience.
- Exposure to startup/ internet industry preferred
- 8+ years working in a technological role.
- 5 years of managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye toward the future.
Develop a roadmap for moving existing monolithic applications to a highly scalable microservice architecture and implementation of the same as long term goal.
Scoping, Planning, and technical architecture for all projects.
Perform high-level analysis of any new requirements/change requests to the solution from a technical standpoint
Define architecture blueprints & take complete technical ownership of high-level design, tech stack - from backend systems to frontend aspects & non-functional attributes
Own the technology roadmap and vision of the team
Work with engineering teams in building high-quality and highly resilient scalable
Drive some of the company-wide tech initiatives striving towards continuous technical excellence of our platforms
Hands-on expertise in Architecting and developing large scale web applications with MERN stack
Experience with the operational aspects of deploying and operating in AWS environment
Hands-on experience in NodeJS, Express and MongoDB related tech stack building REST APIs, with experience/exposure to front end stack like react and react native
Knowledge of enterprise design patterns and practices
Should know security best practices
Solid troubleshooting skills and ability to suggest to team members ways to look for the root cause of problems.
Deep understanding of continuous integration, and continuous delivery and DevOps principles. Embrace cloud mindset and start-up culture in your team
Working knowledge of Git + Git Flow, Jira, GitLab
Experience with API design using OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications
FreightCrate Technologies is a Logistics Technology company that- aims to transform international shipping through innovative and cost-effective tech solutions that can mutually benefit exporters, importers and logistics service providers.
Our web-platform, FreightCrate offers online tech-enabled quote and shipment management solutions for export and import businesses to and from more than 50,000 global locations.
We have had more than 50 media coverages including Entrepreneur, LoadStar UK, Maritime Gateway, Cargotalk, BW Disrupt, INC42, Silicon India, Tech Observer and several other newspapers and online magazines.
Our vision is to utilize cutting edge technology, engineering, deep learning and artificial intelligence to create an intelligent freight management system that can automate and optimize international trade operations for global businesses.
Samir Lambay is the Co-Founder and CEO with an MSc in Shipping, Trade and Finance from Cass Business School, London, UK with Distinction.
Samir has worked in the shipping and logistics industry across both family businesses and multinational companies. His most recent job was at- DB Schenker Logistics- (Part of Deutsche Bahn Group - Fortune 200) where he was the youngest Vertical Manager globally and won two awards including Vertical Manager of the year and a Global Award.
Ruchi Dogra is a Co-Founder & Director and is in charge of sales and marketing. She has worked for over 15 years across the top 3 logistics/supply chain companies globally. She set-up the hotel, wines and beverages vertical at- Kuehne & Nagel- and- DB Schenker. Her latest assignment was at- DHL Global Forwarding- where she worked as a Vertical Manager for Engineering and Manufacturing; handling top Indian and multinational accounts including several Fortune 100 companies. She brings with her an extensive knowledge in strategy, sales, operations and customer service.
The CTO role is to ensure the successful execution of the company’s business services via the web application. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as a web-based business, leading implementation of web applications, and planning for risk and growth.
As this is a new business the compensation is negotiable and we will make an offer depending on the experience of the candidate which will include a salary and ESOP package.
In partnership with the company’s founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success. As our Product is already developed we expect the CTO to work with product development to implement new product features, apply new technologies and set up the engineering and development team to maintain, update and improve the web-application. Some specific responsibilities are listed below:
Strategy, planning, and design:
• Take end-to-end ownership of the product, identify technology requirements, define the future product vision, create preliminary design concepts for add-on modules and shape overall technology and product roadmap by collaborating with the founders, business development, and marketing team.
• Ensure user oriented design is the primary approach to product development across multiple screens, based on user behaviour data and direct customer feedback.
Implementation and deployment:
• Manage Product Release, QA cycles, feature implementation and on time delivery through in-house team and vendors.
• Collaborate with team and customers to define use cases.
• Creation of wireframes/prototypes, site maps and user-flows for web and mobile platforms.
Operational management :
• Support marketing by implementing technical requirements for SEO/product analytics.
• Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration & system testing.
• Rigorously monitor key performance metrics and coordinate with various teams to take corrective actions if needed.
• Establish and forecast ROI of features and succinctly articulate competitive advantage.
• Set-up data collection and analysis system in collaboration with CEO to track key performance.
• AWS & Cloud-computing
• Frontend technologies HTML, CSS, JS, Angular, ReactJS
• Frameworks like CodeIgnitor/CakePHP/Symphony, Flask/Django
• Tools like Datadog, NewRelic, etc
• Setting & managing dev/beta/prod environments
• tools like Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
• Experience with MEAN stack will be an advantage
• Knowledge of Solr/Elastic search will be an advantage
Strong fundamentals in computer science/engineering and algorithm design.
Practical knowledge of computer software algorithms in machine/deep learning, NLP, Computer Vision etc.
• Min of 7+ years of Hands on experience in Web app development, payment gateways implementation, architecture design, product management, databases and UI/UX in consumer facing applications.
• Experience on projects involving engineering and algorithmic functions, machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence is very advantageous.
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in teams.
• Previous experience working on logistics technology products is advantageous but not mandatory.
• Strong communication skills.
• Willingness to learn and utilize emerging technologies.
• Sincere passion to use disruptive technologies that can be globally significant.
- Draw up enterprise-wide architecture blueprint and enforce its implementation across products and systems
- Build from ground up, a scalable Enterprise platform infrastructure with multiple client applications and enterprise connectors
- Design, develop and deploy features and APIs with high quality standards
- As an individual contributor, evaluate technology options, build PoCs and prototypes
- Manage the infrastructure hosted in the Cloud. Monitor system reliability, uptime and security.
- Contribute significantly in reviewing architecture, code, design & test-cases authored by peers.
- 8-10 years of design and development experience building scalable & distributed systems
- Hands-on experience on one or more of the following tech stacks:
- Python-Django, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Microservices, REST APIs, NodeJS, Celery, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana
- Good understanding of OOPS concepts, design patterns, SQL. Good at troubleshooting/debugging.
- Experience with managing server infrastructure in GCP, Azure and AWS cloud.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from reputed institutes
- Nice to have: Hands-on experience with analytics using Kibana and Elastic Search
Previous experience leading outsourced engineering teams required
Previous experience working with US leadership team, US customers and US-based vendors and service providers
Understanding of full-stack .NET is a must
Experience with Angular front-end frameworks and tools
Experience with database systems and data modeling (RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL)
Experience with designing and building integrations using REST and SOAP web services.
Experience with test-driven development.
Nice to have :
Experience with micro-service architecture, Docker, and Azure preferred
Experience with Machine Learning modeling, training and algorithm development preferred
Experience with data labeling to be used for machine learning purposes
SOC 1/2/3 and other attestation engagements
Cybersecurity Risk and Gap Assessments
Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing technologies, as well as incident response, host and network forensic technologies
12+ years of industry experience
7+ years in Software Development
Experience with Vendor Management, Stakeholder management
Experience managing distributed team (Off-shore/on-shore model)
Excellent Delivery management skills
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills