We’re hiring an Embedded Software Engineer - Robotics!
Many families feel overwhelmed trying to tidy up clutter while balancing work and other responsibilities. We’re developing a safe household robot that drives around the house, picks up toys and clothing off the floor, and organizes them into containers.
You’ll be joining a small close-knit team who’s excited about building a new kind of household robot. We have opened a new 4,500 sqft R&D space in HSR Layout, Bengaluru.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced embedded software engineer to join our mechatronics team responsible for design, development and testing of robot prototypes. The candidate will be responsible for the design and development of firmware for the robotic systems.
You’ll be joining a small close-knit team who’s excited about building a new kind of home robot.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in electronics, electrical, computer science or other relevant discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant career experience either in industry or in an academic setting ideally in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Should have strong experience in Embedded C/C++.
- Firmware design and development for microcontrollers like STM32.
- Good knowledge of communication protocols I2C, UART, RS-232, USB, SPI etc.
- Electronics system design and integration experience ideally using any microcontroller/raspberry pi.
- Hands-on experience with building, testing and debugging electro-mechanical systems is mandatory with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision in a timely manner.
- Usage of laboratory equipment like an oscilloscope, function generator, power supply is a plus.
- Knowledge of FDM 3D printing using regular thermoplastics and desktop 3D printers is a plus.
- Proactive, problem solving and effective team player.
- Ability to stay abreast of current and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively in a timely manner.
- Competitive compensation package
- Health insurance
- Cult membership
- Team building activities
- Flexible work culture
- Company sponsored devices
Department: Engineering/ R&D
Reports to: Founder/ Project Manager
Job Location: Bangalore
In this role, you have the opportunity to lead the innovation for Criador Labs. We are looking for a highly self-motivated and passionate embedded developer responsible for developing embedded software/firmware for Medical Devices and Consumer Products (IoT).
- Develop device drivers, APIs, and applications as per the requirement.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C code
- Implement test cases for the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Maintain proper documentation of performed tasks as per company standards
- Lead a team of junior developers and interns and get the work done
- Exhibit high leadership skills to own the work and complete on-time
- Strong self-learning skills to be able to work on entirely new technologies
- Strong proficiency in C, with fairly complete knowledge of the language specification
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library as specified by ISO, IEC, and ANSI
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Familiarity with embedded systems design and low-level hardware interactions
- Knowledge of component data sheets and specifications
- Familiarity with language and debugging tools, such as Eclipsed based, Keil, etc
- Knowledge of microcontrollers and their operation is a must.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with HAL and nRF frameworks will be a plus
- Familiarity in understanding the embedded system schematics to develop low-level data abstraction layers
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms is plus
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of IoT industry experience
- Experience in medical devices is a Plus
- Knowledge of ISO 13485, ISO 14971, and IEC 60601 is a plus
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our growing startup, working in an encouraging multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with the latest technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed multidisciplinary colleagues from Design and Engineering backgrounds, who share your ambition to build great products. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
- Programming experience in embedded C and python
- Experience in embedded systems development and troubleshooting and with real-time operating systems.
- Experience with embedded C programming for microcontrollers like PIC, Microchip in MPLAB
- Basic execution of process commands in Linux
- Experience in handling the raspberry pi
Experience in integration of different hardware expected. Should have knowledge in Automation and latest trends in it.