● The suitable candidate shall have most of the following knowledge /skills/experience:
● Clear fundamentals of Analog and Digital Electronics. Knowledge of Full Hardware
Design Life Cycle.
● Knowledge of Circuit Simulation (PSPICE, NI Multisim, etc).
● Hand- On experience with HW designing rules, PCB Layout in Cadsoft Eagle/Altium Designer etc.
● Should have knowledge & experience with designing & developing 8/16 bit Microcontroller based close loop control systems and Arduino Platform.
● Circuit building and Circuit Analysis Skills.
● Component Data Sheet analysis skills.
● Project Requirement Analysis Protocols/Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB, Serial interfaces(SPI, I2C, RS485, RS422, RS232).
● Hands-on experience in utilizing test equipment like DMM, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, Function/Signal generator/Solder Station (SMD/DIP).
● Knowledge about Board Bring Up process.
● Testing (Integration testing, protocol/Driver testing, etc.).
● Experience in Embedded C programming and embedded system integration and can develop test cases for the same.
● Knowledge of IoT Open Source Programming / Development.
● Candidate will be responsible for research & development of M2M/IoT products.
● Candidate will be responsible for end-to-end embedded system integration.
Abilities on the following shall be of added advantage:
● Component Procurement
● Vendor Interaction
● Tools Management
● Costing and resource estimation
● Team management, Good Communication Skills, Pleasant Personality, Positive Attitude & Highly Creative
Contributory: Makes major contribution to decision or policy judgment on Technical matters of IoT/ M2M Projects, Vending Machines
Demonstrate (Key competencies)
Healthy knowledge of most of the following:
● Embedded C
● 8/16 bit Microcontrollers
● Atmel Studio/ Arduino IDE
● Schematic / PCB layout design in Cadsoft Eagle / Altium Designer (SMD/DIP)
● Hands-on experience on Test equipment and solder stations (SMD/DIP)
● M2M / IoT based development
• Strong knowledge for OOPS concepts, Linux OS,
Inter Process Communication, and multi-
• Programming skill:
o C → Advanced
o C++ → Advanced
o Scripting (Shell/Python) →
• Familiarity working with development tools like
GDB, Velgrin, SCA Tools, GIT, SVN, JIRA.
• Experience working with different embedded
platform like ARM/PowerPC processor and DSP
based on Qualcomm, TI, NXP, NVIDIA, Intel
• Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast
learner, analytical mind set.
• Ability to closely work with electrical team
Embedded System Engineer
Working on Embedded programming on the microcontroller, Linux/Android OS development
Working on component sourcing, PCB Design and fabrication
Working on assembly and testing
Working on field deployment and Testing
Must be exceptionally good in Embedded Systems C programming, testing/ debugging and in advanced C concepts
Capable of working in Embedded Systems based projects based on 8 and 32 bit microcontrollers (STM32)
Experience with communication protocols and peripherals like UART, SPI, RTC, Ethernet
Hands on experience in IDE like Keil, AVR Studio, MPLAB
Strong documentation and writing skills
1-3 years preferable, fresher with good embedded system knowledge can also apply
- Hands-on embedded C skills (mandatory)
- Experience with any microcontrollers MCU (mandatory) – Renesas/ Infineon/ Cypress/ ST-Micro /TI / Microchip
- Experience with any of peripherals & communication protocols usage in application development (mandatory) – UART, I2C, SPI, I2S, CAN, USB, ADC, DAC, EEPROM, Flash memory
- Experience with any RTOS – FreeRTOS, Azure RTOS, ThreadX
- Experience with any networking & connectivity modules (preferred & added advantage) – Ethernet, WiFi, BLE, MQTT, COAP
Responsibilities and Duties
The team leader will be leading a team of Hardware engineers, firmware and testing engineers. Being a team leader, you will primarily be responsible for fast and accurate delivery from the team which might even include handholding of team members whenever needed. Embedded team would be responsible for the following:
Hardware Design including
- Circuit design as per design requirements
- Schematic capture in the tool
- CAD layout
- QA/QC/functional testing
- PCB assembling and rework
- Lab inventory management
- Component procurement.
Firmware Design Including
- Firmware Design and architect
- Software Development
- Firmware Testing
- Code management over svn
- The team leader would also be responsible for architecting the system, creating detailed design documents as per requirement and maintaining quality control of all the deliverables.
- The team leader would also be required to create a detailed test plan and list of test cases to be executed and if needed, create proper environment for the same.
- Ownership of the ‘ground up’ design and architecture of embedded software for real time applications.
- Decomposition of designs in to structured modules/functions ready for implementationby yourself and the team.
- Hands on development in C of new ARM based embedded software for a range of products currently under development
- Ensure quality of software using appropriate methods(Code Review, Static Analysis, Unit Test etc.) and application of suitable Coding Standards
- Maintain, update and enhance existing embedded software written in C
- Documentation of software products, development and execution of test plans
- Work closely with other members of the engineering team to assist with the correct choice of processors and supporting hardware
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of 8+ years in field of embedded systems designing and developement.
- Familiar with usage of various LAB instruments.
- Strong fundamentals of electronics (Digital and analog) are must.
- Well versed with circuit designing and HW debugging
- Analog and Digital Circuit designing: familiarity with micro-controllers, memories, communication interfaces, op-amps, comparators, relays, inductors and capacitors, Handling EMI and Noise issues associated with circuits.
- Understanding of BLE protocols will be required.
- Understanding of scientific methodologies of experimentation, data-gathering and interpretation and hypothesis.
- Understanding of basic architecture, debugging of sensors.
- Experienced in embedded-C coding, memory allocations.
- Experience with any RTOS designing preferably with FreeRTOS at least with Semaphores, SW Timers, synchronisation and event handlings, task handling and prioritization.
- Understanding of micro-controller architecture, programming and debugging methodologies, interrupt-handling.
- Experience with any of the IDEs and debuggers for ARM architecture.
- Basic understanding of assembly programing of ARM architecture
- Understanding of basic peripherals like UART, CAN, I2C, Timers, Counters, PWMs, ADCs, DAC.
- Experience/knowledge in IoT devices (sensor, gateway, cloud) handling.
- Familiarity with CAD tools for schematics and layout generation.
- Experience on MS-Office.
- Familiarity in understanding and creating various test plans and documents.
General Skills Needed/ Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of components and should be able to suggest the team with right componenet
- Candidate must have a knack to use his/her technical knowledge to give it back to society.
- Candidates passionate to bring a change in society will be preferred with no compromise on pay check.
- Candidates must be open to work with communities to get feedback on product features so that products are best fit for social upliftment.
- Candidates must be open to travel to needy communities and should not hesitate to get his/her hands dirty to bring a change to the communities.
- Candidates must find associated with the cause and mission of the company.
- Open to work in open startup culture and give his/her 100%.
- Analytical reasoning and fact-based brainstorming capabilities will be highly preferred.
- Ready to relocate to Gurugram.
- Occasional field visits.
- Works towards developing Stable & Efficient Firmwares for Embedded
- Responsible for developing Firmware which are Stable, Efficient and scalable.
- Responsible to create coherent and scalable architecture designs.
- Responsible for understanding and utilizing best BLE / IOT
- Responsible for understanding various RTOS design principles.
- Qualification: B.E. / B.Tech / M.C.A. in Computer Sciences.
- Must Proficient in Embedded C, C++, BLE, Zephyr RTOS, nRF.
- Ready to work from home.
- Should have above 4 years of experience.
Xfinito is building a portfolio in new product innovation, product contribution and infrastructure goals while providing individuals and teams the freedom to emphasize specific types of work.
Our work focuses on real –world problems that span the breadth of biomedical engineering, embedded systems, computer science, such as machine and deep learning, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analysis and much more.
JOB ROLE: EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with multi-disciplinary engineering team and customer to identify and recommend hardware needs and requirements for project/product.
- Modify or assist in the development of software architecture and design for new products, prototype, or re-design, including sourcing build environments and writing technical support and control documentation.
- Read Block Diagrams and detail circuit schematics and layout of proposed or existing hardware and assess the software and driver requirements.
- Participates in cross-divisional Edge IoT projects and/or proposals.
- Develop, oversee, and document automated tests for electrical hardware design and products as well as final operating drivers and systems.
- Evaluate and investigate product failures, and recommend repair or design modifications based on specifications, cost, resources, and risks.
- Ability to creatively approach challenges and cleverly solve difficult problems.
- Ability to independently identify daily design and customer support tasks, self-start and motivate.
- Ability to manage several projects and prioritize appropriately, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to learn and work in virtual environments (CAD & Hardware build packages) in-which candidate’s skills are low but persevere and overcome skill gaps autonomously.
- Some experience programming with embedded systems designs and multithreaded real-time operating systems is required.
- Solid programming experience. Preferably in C or C++, .NET, and Java programming languages.
We as a team are looking for freshers or young professionals with (0-4 years of experience) passion and eagerness to create scalable and optimized software systems and execute complete embedded software development lifecycle.
Experience in integration of different hardware expected. Should have knowledge in Automation and latest trends in it.