We’re hiring an Embedded Software Engineer - Robotics!
Many families feel overwhelmed trying to tidy up clutter while balancing work and other responsibilities. We’re developing a safe household robot that drives around the house, picks up toys and clothing off the floor, and organizes them into containers.
You’ll be joining a small close-knit team who’s excited about building a new kind of household robot. We have opened a new 4,500 sqft R&D space in HSR Layout, Bengaluru.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced embedded software engineer to join our mechatronics team responsible for design, development and testing of robot prototypes. The candidate will be responsible for the design and development of firmware for the robotic systems.
You’ll be joining a small close-knit team who’s excited about building a new kind of home robot.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in electronics, electrical, computer science or other relevant discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant career experience either in industry or in an academic setting ideally in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Should have strong experience in Embedded C/C++.
- Firmware design and development for microcontrollers like STM32.
- Good knowledge of communication protocols I2C, UART, RS-232, USB, SPI etc.
- Electronics system design and integration experience ideally using any microcontroller/raspberry pi.
- Hands-on experience with building, testing and debugging electro-mechanical systems is mandatory with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision in a timely manner.
- Usage of laboratory equipment like an oscilloscope, function generator, power supply is a plus.
- Knowledge of FDM 3D printing using regular thermoplastics and desktop 3D printers is a plus.
- Proactive, problem solving and effective team player.
- Ability to stay abreast of current and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively in a timely manner.
- Competitive compensation package
- Health insurance
- Cult membership
- Team building activities
- Flexible work culture
- Company sponsored devices
Quro Labs is a research driven electronic product design and manufacturing company, based in Pune. We are a startup incubated under TexMin at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, an initiative by Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India. We are a part of the Beauto group of companies.
We develop innovative technologies and products. Our core areas are in Embedded systems design and manufacturing, IoT and IIoT, mechatronics system design and integration, industrial automation, and power electronics solutions. We serve industries like automotive, smart city, mining, minerals, and material handling.
openings We have openings for Embedded Software Developer
As discussed PFB the JD for Embedded Software Developer Quro Labs
Our website link is www.qurolabs.com
- . Design, Develop and Deploy firmware code, test and debug system firmware/software.
- Review coding and design criteria and optimizes performance.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Support firmware/software Quality assurance.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Contribute new and innovate ideas to rapidly evolving business development activities.
- Assess third party and open-source software.
- Provide post-production support by identifying complex technical issues, evaluating options and implementing solutions.
Create technical manuscripts of firmware operation.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, source code control tools, peer review.
- Hands-on experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems (RTOS), Robot Operating Systems (ROS), including OS coding techniques, Interfaces and hardware subsystems.
- Functional knowledge with TCP/IP protocols.
- Exposure to Digital Signal Processing tools and techniques is a plus.
- Familiarity with common communication protocols: I2C, SPI, UART, BLE, Wi-Fi, CAN, etc.
- Prior background in ST Microelectronics STM family of MCUs, PIC, ARM, Freescale based platforms.
- Experience with schematics, components data sheets and electronic test equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to respond and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Self-motivated and solid prioritization skills.
- Programming experience in embedded C and python
- Experience in embedded systems development and troubleshooting and with real-time operating systems.
- Experience with embedded C programming for microcontrollers like PIC, Microchip in MPLAB
- Basic execution of process commands in Linux
- Experience in handling the raspberry pi
Experience in integration of different hardware expected. Should have knowledge in Automation and latest trends in it.
1. Good Knowledge in Hardware Development (Various Sensors, PCB Designing, Various Micro-controller boards)
2. Firmware designing (writing code on various micro-controller platforms using various hardware communication protocols (USART, SPI, I2C, CAN, etc). Great command in Embedded C Programming and Python.
3. Should have worked with various wired and wireless devices for communication ( Like GSM, GPS, GPRS, Wifi, BLE, Xbee, etc)
4. Should have practical experience in basic networking with devices.
5. Should have worked on various Hardware platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Web Frameworks, etc.
6. Should have worked with various methods of communicating sensors data on various clouds using API's using multiple protocols like HTTP, TCP-IP and MQTT, etc.
Experience Required : Minimum 4 Years
Expected Salary : 4 - 5.5 CTC