SteelEye is a fast growing FinTech company based in London and has offices in Bangalore and Paris, that offers a data platform to help financial institutions such as Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, Brokerage Firms, Asset Management Firms to comply with financial regulations in the European Union. Our clients can aggregate, search, surveillance and report on trade, communications and market data. SteelEye also enables customers to gain powerful insights from their data, helping them to trade with greater efficiency and profitability. The company has a highly experienced management team and a strong board, who have decades of technology and management experience and worked in senior positions at many leading international financial businesses. We are looking to hire a seasoned SRE to join us as we start on our next phase of growth. We have a culture of openness, collaboration, and the passion to get things done whilst appreciating the importance of a good work life balance.
Being part of a start-up can be equally exciting as it is challenging. You will be part of the SteelEye team not just because of your talent but also because of your entrepreneurial flare which we thrive on at SteelEye. This means we want you to be curious, contribute, ask questions and share ideas. We encourage you to get involved in helping shape our business.
What you’ll do
- Deliver plugins for our Python-based ETL pipelines.
- Deliver Python microservices for provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure.
- Implement algorithms to analyse large data sets.
- Draft design documents that translate requirements into code.
- Deal with challenges associated with handling large volumes of data.
- Assume responsibilities from technical design through technical client support.
- Manage expectations with internal stakeholders and context-switch in a fast paced environment.
- Thrive in an environment that uses AWS and Elasticsearch extensively.
- Keep abreast of technology and contribute to the engineering strategy.
- Champion best development practices and provide mentorship.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in o Python 3.
- o Python libraries used for data (such as pandas, numpy).
- o AWS.
- o Elasticsearch.
- o Performance tuning.
- o Object Oriented Design and Modelling.
- o Delivering complex software, ideally in a FinTech setting.
- o CI/CD tools.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Demonstrable desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Mature collaboration and mentoring abilities.
About SteelEye Culture
- Work from home until you are vaccinated against COVID-19
- Top of the line health insurance • Order discounted meals every day from a dedicated portal
- Fair and simple salary structure
- 30+ holidays in a year
- Fresh fruits every day
- Centrally located. 5 mins to the nearest metro station (MG Road)
- Measured on output and not input
Our clients can aggregate, search, surveillance and report on trade, communications and market data. SteelEye also enables customers to gain powerful insights from their data, helping them to trade with greater efficiency and profitability. The company has a highly experienced management team and a strong board, who have decades of technology and management experience and worked in senior positions at many leading international financial businesses.
We are a vibrant, fun and exciting group of people that share a passion for technology and data. If you have what it takes to become a part of the SteelEye family, you have come to the right place. This is where you will find information about our people, culture and our current job opportunities.
Build and maintain bots on Azure platform. Integration with Active directory, WEB API based integration with external systems. Training and Integrate bots as per users’ requirements. Work in line with design guidelines, best practices and standards of bot deliverable. Creative approach to the conversation flow design, human aspects in the bot responses and sentiments
- a) 5 years of experience in software development with clear understanding of the project life cycle
b) Min 2-3 years of hands-on experience in Microsoft Azure Bot Framework, LUIS and other Cognitive services offered by Azure
c) Hands on experience with Machine Learning based chat bots
d) Experience with Azure bot services like Text Analytics etc.
e)Strong database skills and hands-on experience on databases like SQL Server/Oracle
- f) Strong experience on Azure Active directory and adaptive cards integration in Chat bot.
- g) Strong experience designing and working with
with service-oriented architectures (SOA) and WebAPIs.
- h) A strong experience on Microsoft Azure, ASPNET / MVC and programming languages such as C#/VBNET
- i) Knowledge of Python and NodeJS is a plus
- j) Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2008 stored procedures.
- k) Experience with JQuery, CSS3, HTML5 or similar technologies.
- l) Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Providing technical oversight to the team, involved in design and code review.
- You would also be spending most of the time in development activities in varied technologies and should have a passion to write code.
- Should be able to create good technical documents.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems - Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Prepare the technical design of complex technology components as well as suggest the pros and cons of using a certain technology stack or component or design pattern versus another, to the clients.
- Team Management.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Qualifications: BTECH/MTECH/MCA/MSc.
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems with a knack for writing clean, readable Java code, writing reusable Java libraries along with knowledge of multithreading, concurrency patterns, and collections in Java.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming along with various design and architectural patterns.
- Hands on experience with JMS, JPA, Spring (MVC, Boot & Cloud preferred) & Hibernate.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful. Experience with Presentation Layer (JSP/Servlets), JS Frameworks (Angular, jQuery, react, etc.).
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes and experience with both external and embedded databases. Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Ant, Maven, and Gradle; continuous integration.
- Knowledge in xml based mappings, SAML, rest clients, CAS authentication and Jetty.
- Knowledge of Apache Camel and Kafka and Drools Rule Engine is preferred.
Experience working on waterfall or Agile (Agile model preferred)Solid understanding of Python scripting and/or frameworks like Django, Flask Back up RRS.
Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
Write well designed, testable, efficient code
Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Prepare and produce releases of software components
Role & Relationships
We consider ourselves a team & you will be a valuable part of it. You could be reporting to a Senior member or directly to our Founder, CEO
We don’t discriminate. As long as you have the required skill set & the right attitude
Upto seven years of experience, preferably working on Java.
Strong understanding of Core Java , Servlet, JSP
Knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server), NoSQL
Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON, Spring
Good team player
Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
Strong Full stack developer development background with frontend and backend web applications
An aptitude to solve problems & learn something new
Analytical frame of mind
Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Currently in Pune
Once we meet, we shall make an offer depending on how good a fit you are & the experience you already have
Aikon Labs Pvt Ltd is a start-up focused on Realizing Ideas. One such idea is iEngage.io, our Intelligent Engagement Platform. We leverage Augmented Intelligence, a combination of machine-driven insights & human understanding, to serve a timely response to every interaction from the people you care about.
- Provides free and subscription-based website and email services hosted and operated at data centres in Mumbai and Hyderabad.
- Serve global audience and customers through sophisticated content delivery networks.
- Operate a service infrastructure using the latest technologies for web services and a very large storage infrastructure.
- Provides virtualized infrastructure, allows seamless migration and the addition of services for scalability.
- Pioneers and earliest adopters of public cloud and NoSQL big data store - since more than a decade.
- Provide innovative internet services with work on multiple technologies like php, java, nodejs, python and c++ to scale our services as per need.
- Has Internet infrastructure peering arrangements with all the major and minor ISPs and telecom service providers.
- Have mail traffic exchange agreements with major Internet services.
This job position provides competitive professional opportunity both to experienced and aspiring engineers. The company's technology and operations groups are managed by senior professionals with deep subject matter expertise.
The company believes having an open work environment offering mentoring and learning opportunities with an informal and flexible work culture, which allows professionals to actively participate and contribute to the success of our services and business.
Job Role and Responsibilties:
1. Full lifecycle (SDLC) application development.
2. Designing, coding and debugging existing code.
3. Understanding of front end and user interface engineering design.
4. Software testing and quality assurance.
5. Integration of the modules in the existing systems.
6. Evaluation and identification of the new technology developments in the work domain.
7. Maintaining standard practices and compliances.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A graduate degree or senior Diploma in engineering or technology with 4-8 years of experience in some or all of the following.
- PHP, Integration with MemCache, Membase, MySQL, Oracle, CDB/BDB, Error Handling and debuggers
- Data Structures,
- HTML / XHTML, CSS, java-script, Smarty
- Web Services, SOAP, XML, REST
- Code optimization, Scaling, Session management, Version control Systems
- MIME Parsing, Large data processing in PHP (encoding, parsing, escaping for special characters etc.)
|Sr. Software Engineer - Open Source|
|1. Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.|
|2. Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.|
|3. Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.|
|4. Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.|
|5. Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.|
|6. Design, develop and implement new integration.|
|7. Able to manage team of developers|
|1. Django full stack development experience more than 4 - 6 years (Python, Django, PostgreSQL)|
|2. Experience of front-end development (Angular, Bootstrap, CSS, jQuery)|
|3. Bug fixing in Django/Python/Web protocol|
|4. Having experience in development of heavy traffic web solution|
|5. Experience in working with LMS tools customization and integration will be added advantage|
|Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent degree|
solutions. Responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality
candidates are familiar with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) from preliminary
system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to
build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding
standards and technical design.
• Execute full software development life cycle
• Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
• Write well-designed, testable code
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
• Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
• Document and maintain software functionality
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
• Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
• Comply with project plans and industry standards
• Ensure software is updated with latest features
• Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer
• Prior work experience of 1-6 years is welcome
• Experience designing interactive applications
• Understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Excellent knowledge of databases, SQL and non-SQL technologies is a plus
• Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web-framework
is a plus
• Experience with test-driven development
• Proficiency in software engineering tools
• Ability to document requirements and specifications
• Experience with Data Science is a plus
• University/college degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field