Job Description : - We are looking for a seasoned Computer Vision Engineer with AI/ML/CV and Deep Learning skills to play a senior leadership role in our Product & Technology Research Team. -
You will be leading a team of CV researchers to build models that automatically transform millions of e-commerce, automobiles, food, real-estate ram images into processed final images. -
You will be responsible for researching the latest art of the possible in the field of computer vision, designing the solution architecture for our offerings and lead the Computer Vision teams to build the core algorithmic models & deploy them on Cloud Infrastructure. -
Working with the Data team to ensure your data pipelines are well set up and models are being constantly trained and updated - Working alongside product team to ensure that AI capabilities are built as democratized tools that provides internal as well external stakeholders to innovate on top of it and make our customers successful - You will work closely with the Product & Engineering teams to convert the models into beautiful products that will be used by thousands of Businesses everyday to transform their images and videos.
Job Requirements: - Min 3+ years of work experience in Computer Vision with 5-8 years work experience overall - BS/MS/ Phd degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject from a ivy league institute - Exposure on Deep Learning Techniques, TensorFlow/Pytorch - Prior expertise on building Image processing applications using GANs, CNNs, Diffusion models - Expertise with Image Processing Python libraries like OpenCV, etc. - Good hands-on experience on Python, Flask or Django framework - Authored publications at peer-reviewed AI conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICLR,ICCV, ACL)
- Prior experience of managing teams and building large scale AI / CV projects is a big plus - Great interpersonal and communication skills - Critical thinker and problem-solving skills In Media.
● Design and Develop large scale sub-systems
● To periodically explore latest technologies (esp Open Source) and prototype sub-systems
● Be a part of the team that develops the next-gen Targeting platform
● Build components to make the customer data platform more efficient and scalable
● 1-6 years of relevant experience with Java, Algorithms, Data Structures, & Optimizations in
addition to Coding.
● Education: B.E/B-Tech/M-Tech/M.S Computer Science or Equivalent from premier institutes
● Good Aptitude/Analytical skills (emphasis will be on Algorithms, Data Structures,&
Optimizations in addition to Coding)
● Good knowledge of Databases - SQL, NoSQL
● Knowledge of Unit Testing a plus
● Has an appreciation of technology and its ability to create value in the marketing domain
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Active & contributing team member
● Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed commitments
● Others: Experience of having worked in a start-up is a plus
- 1+ years of relevant experience in Android Development
- Should be strong in Android fundamentals (including UI design), OOP & Java fundamentals
- Should be strong in Kotlin fundamentals and coroutines
- Familiar with Android Architectures, Multithreading Concepts, Testing framework like JUnit, Espresso, Mockito and Reactive Programming
- Familiar with Dependency Injection and memory optimization techniques
- Practitioner of SOLID principles
- Working experience in Compose and KMM (Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile) is an addon
- Should have been part of a team which has shipped at-least one App and lived through the process without too many scars
- Stellar problem solving skills
- Hunger to learn new things and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to move quickly without breaking things too much (we are dreamers)
- Passion for developing awesome user experiences
- Ability to work under immense pressure which is balanced by a sense of responsibility and ownership.
Ula is reimagining how retail in emerging markets should work in the smartphone era. We’ve witnessed the rise of B2C e-commerce over the last decade in both India and Indonesia. But the small retailer, the heart and soul of retail, has been left largely underserved by e-commerce even though they’re spending hours every day on their smartphones. Ula provides a simple front-end app, powered by sophisticated back-end systems that determine everything from pricing to inventory to intelligent salesforce route planning. We are building many first of their kind technologies in the world and need your help in building the right systems.
Ula is an under-the-radar, early-stage technology start-up headquartered in Singapore, with offices in Bangalore and Jakarta though we are quite flexible in terms of where our colleagues choose to work from. We are funded by Tier-1 Venture Capital — Sequoia Capital India, Lightspeed India, Quona Capital and B-Capital Group. It is also backed by prominent industry angels such as the founders of Udaan, Rahul Mehta of DST Capital and other established Indonesian angels.
We are a culturally diverse company with 38% women and 7 nationalities. We believe that the best minds are required to solve tough problems irrespective of where they come from.
You are driven to solve tough problems with technology. Let’s take pricing for example. Imagine a world where each product in e-commerce were to be priced differently for each customer based on where they are located, how much they buy or where they prepay or pay-later. This leads to a massive optimization problem because pricing too low incurs opportunity cost while pricing too high means a competitor takes that business. This is just one example of how B2B and B2C e-commerce are different and why B2B offers the opportunity to innovate. Now couple this with routing for a sales agent. How should pricing work with a sales-person’s CRM app? Depending on how far you take it, it is a massive machine learning problem.
If you’re passionate about technology and its applications to business problems, you’re curious and imagine what a new world can look like, love working with global colleagues on global problems and don’t mind taking risks that move the needle and treat failure merely as an opportunity to improve and iterate, you’d be a good fit at Ula.
We are very ownership driven at Ula. We also believe in proactive mentorship. It’s an opportunity to learn and to mentor. Below is what we expect from you.
Work with the Product and UX functions to craft innovative solutions to solve real customer pain points.
Work with Engineering and DevOps functions to ensure system reliability, availability and scalability.
Continuously champion high quality software engineering practices - from planning, implementation, test automation, documentation, code reviews, scaling, performance, metrics, logging, and monitoring - essentially the entire software development lifecycle.
Evaluate existing and future cloud-based services to increase the efficiency of our team and/or business.
In a start-up environment, you’ll be expected to be flexible to work across the stack from the middleware to the backend business logic to the persistence layer and the network layer.
5+ years of experience in building scalable web applications.
Proficient in any of the major programming or scripting languages (C++, Java, Python, NodeJS, Golang, Scala etc).
Possess an extremely sound understanding of basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
Experience in requirement analysis, failure analysis, API design, distributed consistency.
Experience in defining processes and building systems to monitor and gather metrics, analysis, and software profiling.
Experience with microservices and web application/services development.
Great problem solving skills and propensity to learn and experience of leading end-to-end high scale projects and mentor fellow engineers.
Excel at working in small, dynamic, and fast-paced groups.
Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support.
Excellent coding skills in a language such as Java or NodeJS or Golang.
Experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL & with non-relational databases such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
Experience in working with distributed caching (memcached, Redis, or comparable technology).
Experience with agile software development processes for building highly available and scalable distributed systems and/or e-commerce platforms.
Ability to troubleshoot complex systems problems, debug, and find root causes.
Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to meet technical and business challenges
Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Good experience of AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Lambda, API Gateway, ECR, ECS etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will get while working with us
- Opportunity to work on highly distributed systems with micro-services architecture and big-data volumes
- Solve challenging real-world problems by leveraging OOP & functional programming concepts
- Opportunity to incubate an open source project
- Get to work with cutting edge technologies to name a few Kafka, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Scala
- Developing scalable, sustainable and reliable enterprise systems
- Hands-on experience of working with TDD and BDD
- Develop environment using practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Learning opportunity on how to turn complex business requirements into a working product
Roles & Responsibilities
- Requirement understanding & analysis by interacting with client
- Carry out architectural and design discussions with fellow team members and come up with right approach
- Understand system domain, user’s perspective of system and use-cases
- Understand patterns in existing code and effectively leverage and improvise it
- Develop backend involving Java8 based functional programming and REST services
- Ensure best practices of code reviews, automated testing and CI
- Research new tools & technologies required for the projects
- Mentor fellow team members and bring their level up
- Strong hold on written/verbal communication
- Strong core Java fundamentals
- Strong Analytical & problem solving skills
- Proactive and inherent nature of working with ownership
- Passion of writing clean code
- Experience in designing relational data model from business requirements
Good to have
- Knowledge of functional programming (Scala or Java 8 lambda)
- Knowledge of NOSQL
- Working knowledge of linux & networking
- Performance optimisation - Optimise/refactor queries, code, stored procedures to take performance next level
Technology using ASP.NET MVC, C#, Entity Framework and SQL Server 2008
Experience in coding and implementation of end to end functionality of a medium
to large Web Project throughout application life cycle.
Hands on experience in Java Script and J-Query with good verbal communication.
Must have strong knowledge in MS SQL Server 2008/2012 and above with writing
Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, triggers, indexes, etc.
Knowledge on complete n-tier web application development and familiarity with
Good team player with quick learning curve & ability to collaborate and work with
Good to have some experience in CRM and ecommerce portal.
Hand on experience on developing and using Web API.
As an engineer you will be responsible for:
• Ownership of product/feature end-to-end for all phases from the development to the production.
• Ensuring the developed features are scalable and highly available with no quality concerns.
• Work closely with senior engineers for refining the design and implementation.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Contribute intellectual property through patents.
The ideal candidate is a passionate engineer about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. He/she should be able to commit and own the deliveries end-to-end.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of Software Development experience.
• Strong knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms and CS fundamentals.
• Strong coding and problem solving skills and Design (HLD and LLD).
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web-based solutions.
• Experience in eCommerce and deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Experience with NoSQL and relational databases.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for the design and development of large-scale, multi-tenant, distributed systems using scalable, fault-tolerant architecture with distributed queues (kafka), distributed caches (redis), high volume data stores (MongoDB, Cassandra, elasticsearch), container-centric deployments (kubernetes).
- Write Java codes using best practices with high quality standards.
- Participate in code reviews and deep dive into design discussions.