Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
Why join us:
- Because you get an opportunity to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
- You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve.
- You should work with us if you think seriously about what technology can do for people.
- We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be.
Experience - 3 ~ 9 Years
o Strong C++ programming skills in an embedded environment
o Work experience in Digital TV/Set-top Box Domain
o Strong knowledge of Broadcast standards & specifications (DVB/ATSC/ISDB)
o Strong understanding of Linux/RTOS and system programming
o Good analytical/debugging skills
Nice to have
o Knowledge of Design patterns in C++
o Knowledge of Open source integration
o Cross-compiling for ARM architecture, profiling tools
o Knowledge of tools GIT/Gerrit/GCOV/LCOV
- 8+Years of Exp in C++ Developement
Software: C++, Jenkins, Visual Studio, Linux, CheckMarx, GitHub, Google test framework.
Application Architecture: Scalable, Resilient, Cloud deployable, high performance based.
Libraries: CPLEX (knowledge of CPLEX is a plus)
Arista Networks was founded to pioneer and deliver software driven cloud networking solutions for large datacenter storage and computing environments. Arista's award-winning platforms, ranging in Ethernet speeds from 10 to 400 gigabits per second, redefine scalability, agility and resilience. Arista has shipped more than 20 million cloud networking ports worldwide with CloudVision and EOS, an advanced network operating system. Committed to open standards, Arista is a founding member of the 25/50GbE consortium. Arista Networks products are available worldwide directly and through partners.
About the job
Arista Networks is looking for world-class software engineers to join our Extensible Operating System (EOS) software development team.As a core member of the EOS team, you will be part of a fast-paced,high caliber team-building features to run the world's largest data center networks.Your software will be a key component of Arista's EOS, Arista's unique, Linux-based network operating system that runs on all of Arista's data center networking products.
The EOS team is responsible for all aspects of the development and delivery of software meant to run on the various Arista switches.You will work with your fellow engineers and members of the marketing team to gather and understand the functional and technical requirements for upcoming projects.You will help write functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and the code to bring all of these to life.You will also work with customers to triage and fix problems in their networks. Internally, you will develop automated tests for your software, monitor the execution of those tests, and triage and fix problems found by your tests.At Arista, you will own your projects from definition to deployment, and you will be responsible for the quality of everything you deliver.
This role demands strong and broad software engineering fundamentals, and a good understanding of networking including capabilities like L2, L3, and fundamentals of commercial switching HW.Your role will not be limited to a single aspect of EOS at Arista, but cover all aspects of EOS.
- Write functional specifications and design specifications for features related to forwarding traffic on the internet and cloud data centers.
- Independently implement solutions to small-sized problems in our EOS software, using the C, C++, and python programming languages.
- Write test plan specifications for small-sized features in EOS, and implement automated test programs to execute the cases described in the test plan.
- Debug problems found by our automated test programs and fix the problems.
- Work on a team implementing, testing, and debugging solutions to larger routing protocol problems.
- Work with Customer Support Engineers to analyze problems in customer networks and provide fixes for those problems when needed in the form of new software releases or software patches.
- Work with the System Test Engineers to analyze problems found in their tests and provide fixes for those problems.
- Mentor new and junior engineers to bring them up to speed in Arista’s software development environment.
- Review and contribute to the specifications and implementations written by other team members.
- Help to create a schedule for the implementation and debugging tasks, update that schedule weekly, and report it to the project lead.
- BS Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering 3-10 years experience, or MS Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering + 5 years experience, Ph.D. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of C, C++, and/or python.
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux.
- Understanding of L2/L3 networking including at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- IP routing protocols, such as RIP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, or PIM.
- Layer 2 features such as 802.1d bridging, the 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol, the 802.1ax Link Aggregation Control Protocol, the 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol, or RFC 1812 IP routing.
- Ability to utilize, test, and debug packet forwarding engine and a hardware component’s vendor provided software libraries in your solutions.
- Infrastructure functions related to distributed systems such as messaging, signalling, databases, and command line interface techniques.
- Hands on experience in the design and development of ethernet bridging or routing related software or distributed systems software is desirable.
- Hands on experience with enterprise or service provider class Ethernet switch/router system software development, or significant PhD level research in the area of network routing and packet forwarding.
- Applied understanding of software engineering principles.
- Strong problem solving and software troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to design a solution to a small-sized problem, and implement that solution without outside help.Able to work on a small team solving a medium-sized problem with limited oversight.
- Arista's Approach to Software with Ken Duda (CTO): https://youtu.be/TU8yNh5JCyw
- Additional information and resources can be found at https://www.arista.com/en/
We are a growing company looking for an efficient systems engineer to help us expand our computing infrastructure. The systems engineer's responsibilities include working with a team of IT specialists to design, set up and maintain a network of computers, including hardware, software, and system architecture.
To be successful in this position, the systems engineer should be a highly motivated, results-driven individual who can create the perfect solution for our organization's higher-level needs. The best candidate will also be an excellent listener and communicator, with the ability to explain why their solutions are the best fit for us.
Overseeing the development and installation of new networking and computing infrastructures.
Selecting the best possible solutions using knowledge of a wide range of available technologies.
Monitoring systems in the existing network to ensure there are no productivity set-backs.
Installing and configuring operating systems and application software.
Implementing best practices for system security and data backups.
Anticipating potential issues or bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions.
Troubleshooting and resolving all technical issues when they arise.
Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
Communicating effectively with IT support staff to ensure the setup process runs smoothly.
Liaising with vendors and keeping relevant stakeholders up to date with developments.
Systems Engineer Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field (Master's preferred).
Proven track record of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX-based systems.
Exceptional knowledge of networking technologies (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
Familiarity with administration, performance tuning, and system monitoring.
Good communication skills (written, verbal, and face-to-face).
Information Technology & Services
Information Technology & Services
Designation:Linux/System/Support Engineer (L2) Experience : 2-5 Yrs
Notice period : immediate to 30 Days
- Server Monitoring
- Collecting information about the reported issues
- Ensuring whether all the information has been logged in the ticketing system or not
- Must be able to follow and execute instructions specified in user guides, emails to run, monitor and trouble shoot
- Must be able and willing to document activities, procedures
- Must have trouble shooting skills and have knowledge on Antivirus, Firewall, Gateway
- Should be ready to work for extended shifts, if
- Good customer management skills bundled with good communication skills
- Databases: concepts and ability to use DB tools such as psql,
- Good Understanding of Oracle, weblogic, Linux/ Unix Terminology and able to execute commands
- Internet Technologies : Tomcat/ apache concepts, basic html, etc
- Able to use MS- Excel, Power Point
Embedded Software/Firmware Design and Development on OS/Non-OS based platform
Necessary system architecture development and implementation
Device, sensor and gateway selection and integration based on industry use case.
Development on Image Analytics and Cloud/Platform integration
Development or integration of Cloud/Platform communication protocol
Technical Documentation and Testing of the developed system
Desired Skills, Knowledge& Experience
B. Tech/M. Tech/MCA with 8-10 years of industry experience
Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python development in Linux
Experience in device or sensor communication interfaces (wired/wireless, short range/long range).
Experience of microcontroller and microprocessor.
Knowledge of IoT gateway firmware development, container, and OS hardening.
Experience in device communication protocol, Edge computing and processing
Competent in application development for Image processing, transmission, and storage
Good understanding and of programming primitives, data structures, multi-threading and memory management techniques
Strong command over complex sensor and hardware control logic to work seamlessly with edge devices or gateway
Proactive and Self motivated
Strong verbal and written communication skill
QuestionPro is one of the leading market research platforms. We have a wide range of products in Market Research, Customer Experience, Employee Experience, Vehicle Experience. All our products are multi-tenant SAAS platforms built on the latest technologies.
Our infrastructure is spread across 6 Data Centers across the globe. The platform collects over 10Million Surveys every month. Our Customer Experience platform was named top provider in the Gartner Voice of the Customer Rankings. Ever since we launched in 2016, we have grown by over 200% YoY. All up we are on plan to hit $ 31M in 2021. We are bootstrapped and proud to get where we are without any funding or investments.
Our operations are spread across the globe with offices in the US, Mexico, Germany, UK, UAE, and Canada.
We are a bootstrapped company and proud to have not taken any funding or investment.
QuestionPro has a particularly exciting journey ahead, requiring a passionate individual to join our growing team. If you are a true technology craftsman and want to build cutting-edge software solutions, hit us!
We operate 100% remote. You will be working from any place you desire for this position.
- You will be responsible for key deliverables that would help improve the quality and reliability of our infrastructure spread across 8 data centres, both cloud and hybrid.
- Streamline Life Cycle Management activities for the Infrastructure.
- You will be interacting with DevOps & Support teams to quickly investigate and mitigate the problems impacting customers at various levels in the Infrastructure including MySQL Database and Engineered Systems technology stack.
Skills & Requirements
- 8+ years of experience in Linux System Administration / Development / QA roles with a thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent knowledge of Linux System administration activities
- A very good understanding of Linux kernel internals, Server Virtualization, Networking & Security layer
- Any experience in IO subsystem, Operating Systems, Storage technologies would be a definite plus
- Hands-on experience with automation of system administration activities
- Hands on experience in building OS images and testing based on standard test framework.
- Proven ability to triaging and resolve issues during patch testing & certification
- Experience in OEM, Linux OS Patching, Yum, KSplice, etc.
- Excellent Scripting skills in Bash, Perl, Python, or similar scripting languages
Good To Have:
- Good experience on private cloud management.
- Proxmox virtualization
- Ability to build and grow the team.