Backend Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
We are looking to recruit a candidate for a role that will require:
- Create and consume restful APIs
- Design, develop, and maintain internal and external applications
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable modules
- Write high quality, structured application/interface code and documentation
- Identify solutions through research and collaboration that resolves the root of problems as they arise
- Define functional and technical requirements for application software to develop skills and knowledge
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
∙ Proficient in Node.JS
∙ 2+ years’ experience designing, querying, and updating databases in MySQL/nosql
∙ Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
∙ Good to have knowledge of AWS, Redis, ElasticSearch
Education: Min. Graduate in related discipline
Work experience: 2 years relevant experience
Compensation: Based on Industry Standards
Interview Mode : Face to Face
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About With A Leading Cosmetics Brands in the Indian Market
Architect, develop and maintain highly scalable, reliable and secure distributed backend
systems on Cloud (AWS or Azure) or on-premises environments for Mihup, its customers
Work closely with your fellow engineers to develop systems capable of concurrently
processing massive amounts of voice data both in online real-time as well as offline
Drive accountability for test driven development, delivery of high-quality features and
resilient enterprise class solutions.
Lead a culture of team ownership and direct individual and team accountability to
continuously improve how they work to achieve results.
Work in a startup environment, pushing boundaries with deep involvement with business.
BE//BTech/ME/MTech in Computer Science or a related field from a Tier I or Tier II
6-8 years of hands-on software development and deployment experience (experience of
working in a consumer product startup during its growth phase will be a plus) of which 1 – 2
years of experience would be in leading a team of software developers.
Expertise in Java 8+ and Spring Boot is a must
Good experience in messaging platforms like RabbitMQ/Kafka
Good experience in distributed systems and relational & NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL,
MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
Expertise in one or more of: Python, NodeJS, GoLang would be preferred
Must have hands on experience in products which handle multiple concurrent calls (API),
handle CPU intensive jobs, consist of multiple asynchronous system calls.
Worked on microservices based architecture and design
Managed/ Owned infrastructure on AWS/Microsoft Azure/private clouds and setup high
Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
Knowledge of RESTful APIs, caching concepts, the HTTP protocol and general web
1. Anything that will let us know more about who you are that you would like to share such as
Blogs, Twitter, Medium, GitHub etc.
● · You need to be excited about the problem that we are trying to solve
○ Should have excellent command over designing systems with a minimum
experience of 4 years.
○ Should have experience with various database flavors and writing complex
queries. We work with Postgres, Redshift, ElasticSearch, TimescaleDB, and
● Additional knowledge in Golang will be an advantage
● · Strong Data Structures and Algorithms knowledge
● · Should have created APIs from scratch which is being used in Production
● · Should be comfortable with creating systems handling up to 100k requests per
minute, and have a mindset that understands scale
● · Ability to give clarity and communicate well with the team, including Product, Backend
and Dev-Ops (if and when needed)
● · Ability to use profiling tools well, getting to root causes of bugs fast
● · Ability to pick and work on adjacent technologies if and when required (Eg: If the best
performance monitoring solution needs a basic firebase setup, that should not be a
blocker for you to go ahead and do so)
● · Knowledge of how to set up relevant test cases
○ · You need to be comfortable working in a remote environment (Good
internet connection and availability on phone is required)
Good to have
● · App Development experience
● · Experience in Test Driven Development
● · Ability to tell Product what creates better User Experience, ability to tell frontend what
API responses will help the user get a faster load time
● · Inquisitiveness to understand the system as a whole, and not only be stuck to your
domain of expertise (Eg: Figure out why excessive APIs calls are being made,
brainstorm with Product and Frontend team to reduce the same without harming the UX
● · Experience in working on a Social Media Product
● · Good knowledge of Graphs, and their applications
● · Data-Driven Approach to monitoring
● Work timings - You are the master of your time. However, with great freedom
comes great responsibility. If you have committed something to the team, we
expect that you will give it your best to make sure that commitment is done and is
done on time.
Leave policy - Take a leave whenever for whatever reason you want. You
don't need to explain yourself to us
Health insurance for you and your famil
Job responsibility The Lead Developer contributes, to create a customer’s solution, in the building phase of the software development lifecycle. The Software Engineer is responsible for performing the detailed design of application and technical architecture components and classes in accordance to the specification provided by the Solution Architect, for coding of SW components, and for the early testing phases (component testing), and system testing supportShould have handled and leaded a team of front end and back developer and deliver projects on time.
Hands on experience in Java, Python, scripting
- Design, implement, deploy and support web-based applications and web services using server technologies stacks that include Java, MySQL
- Experience in Java/J2EE using web frameworks Play or Spring boot, REST API Development and ORM (JPA, Hibernate eBean etc.)
- In depth knowledge of Design patterns and Data structures
- Databases - MySQL, Oracle, SQL
- Solid understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, Message Queue, Caching, Distributed/Scalable Architecture
- Secure application development best practices, such as OWASP
- Document and maintain all design documents and involve in review process.
- Experienced problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Agile methodology is added advantage
- Knowledge of Cloud Knowledge /Azure
- Must know about Unix knowledge
- experience in Elastic search
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
• Proficiency with TypeScript, CSS, HTML, and Back-end languages.
• 6+ years’ experience in Node JS, Typescript, NoSQL, RDBMS, AWS Services
• The ability to learn new technologies quickly
• The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues.
• Understand the high-level product roadmap for the squad and immediate features
to be developed, contributing to high-level estimation and lay-out of the
development sequences. Complete complex development tasks with minimal
• Constantly and actively contribute to pushing code to production with the objective
of becoming a main contributor. Write testable, efficient, and reusable code suitable
for continuous integration and deployment, that respects best practices and industry
• Review Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams and technical documentation,
ensuring its quality. Enable best practices to help the team achieve their technical
tasks and continually thrive in improving the technology of the product/team.
• Drive the adoption of best practices & regular participation in code reviews, design
reviews, architecture discussions
• Experiment with new and relevant technologies, and tools, and drive innovation &
adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you can create.
• Implementation of long-term technology vision for your team. Responsible for the
complete architecture of your product.
• Creating architecture & designs for new solutions around existing/new
areas u Decide technology & tool choices for your team & be responsible for them.
• Be accountable for code quality with the assistance of a QA Analyst to conduct
• Review and contribute to technical documentation. Contribute actively to the design
of the solution, challenging other members on technical decisions.
• Working with other TypeScript developers and software engineers to develop Frontend and back-end architecture that’s well-structured and flexible, along with the
APIs to support it.
• Developing and implementing Back-end architecture to support user interface
concepts. Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface
components using Node concepts.
• Create data visualization tools, libraries, and reusable code for prospects.
• In-depth knowledge of TypeScript, CSS, HTML, and back-end languages.
• Knowledge of Backend service like AWS Services, Microservice, Serverless software.
- At least 3 years of professional programming experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Solid fundamentals with software development, systems, troubleshooting, and teamwork
- Strong testing habits, passionate towards unit testing and TDD.
- Good understanding of RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of git
- Good understanding of data structures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Good to have
- Own the coding/design of a sub-module
- Review the requirements and provide simple solutions
- Design the sub-module working with the tech-lead
- Hands-on code the critical parts of the module
- Ensure coding standards, proper design patterns, writing test cases and project mgmt processes are followed
- Mentor the junior programmers
- Peer and junior programmers code review
- Work independently and proactively to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
Jobs Skills required
- Strong experience in developing either backend or front end systems
- Backend Exp: RoR, NodeJS, Java, Go, MySQL, Mongo
- Ability to work in a team structure and deliver projects
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills in super changing environment
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
Software engineering - Bengaluru and remote
Building products at BiCSoM is about turning dreams and ideas into lovable technology and design solutions. As a mindful member of the BiCSoM team you will create rule-breaking backend systems for mobile applications and websites using Php, Laravel, Lumen, MySQL, PostgresSQL and AuroraDB. Large number of people across the globe use our products everyday, we take pride in wearing ‘Made with love in India’ on our sleeves.
What are we looking for?
- We expect you to have your domain knowledge of Php, MySQL, AuroraDB, PostgresSQL, Laravel, Lumen, REST APIs and AWS based scalable backend development
- There are few skills which you need to have from get-go:
- You are a problem solver, polite and someone who values team members and customers
- You respect time and understand, lost time never comes back
- You have the ability to explain your algorithms and solutions and understand how to ask questions with respect to mobile app development and web development scenarios
- You are a smart and energetic talent from engineering and computer science background
- Based on the situations you can contribute individually or work with team and make work productive and fun
- In terms of day to day work, for 4-5 years you should have done the following:
- At least 8 to 10 live projects in Laravel, Lumen
- Handled team of 2 to 3 developers on Php
- Thorough understanding of MVC framework in Php using Laravel and Lumen
- Writing backend code with SOLID principle
- Unit testing of your code with Travis CLI
- Hands on experience with MySQL and PostgresSQL
- Rock solid understanding of Blade template engine
- Collaborative development with BitBucket or GIT and handling of code merge conflicts
- Documenting backend code and APIs using Swagger
- Expert Knowledge of code deployment on AWS is a must
- Knowledge of NoSQL will be an added advantage
- Expert in Linux, and understanding of Ubuntu OS
- Work location: Bengaluru city and Remote
- Working days - 6 days a week
Welcome to BiCSoM careers:
BiCSoM Technologies Private Limited is committed to breakthrough innovation and success for its team members. From our mindful culture of compassion and wisdom to passionate customer success philosophy, this is one awesome place to work! So come and experience what it takes to build digital products which are loved by millions of users across the globe. You will find speed, agility, fun and supportive culture where we are responsible for each other’s success.
- BiCSoM is a registered startup under the Startup India initiative of Government of India and a DIPP registered MSME
- BiCSoM was recognized as one of the top AR/VR startups in India in 2018 in DCB Bank innovation carnival
Mentoring should come naturally to you, as well as finding the right balance towards process and documentation.
1) You will be working on interesting technical challenges in a product centric and open-source driven environment. The role requires a good knowledge of Algorithmic Design and Architecture, Data structures, OOPS Concepts, server less architectures and complex problem solving skills.
2) You will help set a very high bar on code quality.
3) You will take ownership of product features from conception to implementation, testing deployment and support.
4) A lot of freedom on when and where you work from - just get stuff done.
5) You will open source as much as possible, and blog about cool things that you learnt and built.
6) You will help define who we become as a company.
7) You will get stock options in line with silicon valley standards.
1) We have a strict no-divas rule. There are a lot of smart engineers on the team but no one with an attitude / superiority complex.
2) If you think writing tests for your code, writing docs, doing customer support etc are not your cup of tea, this isn't the right role for you.
3) Similarly if you're viewing this just as a 20-40% increment opportunity over your current compensation, this isn't the right role or company for you.
This role can be the growth opportunity of a lifetime for anyone who has been operating as a backend lead and wants to grow into a full stack
Check out the links below if you'd like to learn more about us. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
1) Why ShoppinPal? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE7DgtwA0ws
2) Our hiring philosophy and process http://techstory.in/building-startup-team/