Business Development/Merchant Acquisition Job Description
Role Summary: In this role, the person would be responsible for people development and managing end-to-end merchant onboarding operations spanning lead generation, seller onboarding, and post-launch engagement. He/she will Identify, engage, onboard and support merchants.
- Responsible for the overall merchant onboarding operational performance
- Perform Lead generation activities – Identify potential sellers through primary and secondary research, business listings, industry-specific databases, social media, referrals, and outbound calling – to build a healthy pipeline
- Put together acquisition collateral, sales scripts, segment database for approachable sellers, begin building sales pipeline
- Pre-screen sellers to ensure acceptance based against GMV potential & category suitability
- Assist sellers through the onboarding process
- Draft weekly written report and full sales funnel overview allowing for full clarity on sellers contacted and pipeline progress achieved
- Post-launch engagement – Track seller performance to maximize merchandise sale value, drive sponsored product and coupon adoption, order management, boost sales conversation, and merchant training, relationship management and support
- Manage onboarding experience including resolving onboarding / KYC related issues or KYC issues and exceptions to provide an exceptional merchant onboarding experience
- Ownership of Day-to-day operations to ensure all deliverables are met
- Identify Improvement Opportunities in Onboarding function, work with Product & Business teams for implementation.
- Gather all key learnings from Sellers and standardize, automate and scale the onboarding process, through partnership with internal stakeholders and use of technology.
- Work closely with various internal groups to understand business requirements, implement new processes, and contribute to ongoing process improvements.
- Ability to understand data trends and make inferences and recommend actions for improvement
To be successful, you must be able to:
- Identify, qualify, acquire and grow seller commitment to the Selling on Carorbis.
- Understand seller needs, defining clear project plans and executing to high expectations in a rapidly changing environment.
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have the Seller success firmly as the focus.
- Analyze customer data and make recommendations in order to maximize the potential of assigned sellers. Execute successfully on the plan recommended.
-Influence Sellers by acting as an expert of Carorbis tools and services.
-Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
-Meet or exceed quarterly Seller launches.
-Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the ‘Sell on Carorbis’ product.
Desired skills and experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution
- At least 1 to 3 years of sales/business development/leads generation experience
- Knowledge in Customer & Merchant KYC, Lead generation, Lead management and Onboarding function
- Proficient in MS applications e.g., Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint.
- Self-driven, proactive, with high levels of urgency and ownership
- Data-savvy; able to present & explain insights to stakeholders
- Strong problem solving, presentation & communication skills
- Strong number orientation
- Resourceful, adaptable, and teachable
- Driven, resourceful and independent
- Experience in acquiring merchants is an advantage
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
- An understanding of and passion for e-commerce
- Work experience is preferred (2+ years). Relevant experience in Vendor management, Sales, post sales, Account Management, and Business Development in managing B2B Business.
- Exposure to retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing or e-commerce will be a plus
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented
- Operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with full control and responsibility of achieving business objectives
- Develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems
- Ability to work in teams and ultimately focus on delivering results with high standards
At Carorbis, we believe there is a better way to buy parts for your vehicle. It’s one of the least
understood and least transparent industries. Our goal is to simplify buying auto parts for
everyone through our business, education, and community. We are obsessively passionate about it.
If you're looking to join a fast scaling startup, that is making an impact on millions of car owners by making genuine products accessible > Solving supply issues in the automotive sector > and educating customers, then this is the job for you.
We offer great flexibility with benefits like work from home, paid leaves, flexible hours, and great pay. You will also have an opportunity for exponential growth.
Carorbis is one of the fastest-growing online automotive stores in India. A team of young professionals who are changing the automotive industry.
At Carorbis, we believe there is a better way to buy parts for your vehicle. It’s one of the least understood and least transparent industries. Our goal is to simplify buying auto parts for everyone through our business, education and community. We are obsessively passionate about it. We’re small and flexible enough for every team member to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our vision, for those actions to have a big impact. We are looking at exponential growth in the next few months, and are building the team towards the same.
- Maintaining meaningful relationships with existing clients to ensure that they are retained
- Reviewing clients' feedback and implementing necessary changes
- Calling customers to check if their treatment is on track and give expert advice
Zazzy is an interactive design and technology studio making things that engage people in new and interesting ways. We've done it for multinational brands, Y Combinator companies and fledgling startups alike.
A team of creatives, misfits and ardents helping brands bringing the best of experience possible for their audience.
We are looking for a skilled and intellectual Business Development professional to join us. We won't judge if you call yourself best closer. 😅
What will you do?
- Know the customer: Deeply understand clients and customers, develop new customer insights.
- Influence the leadership: Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required.
- Lead Generation: Generate leads using various platforms such as Upwork, Dribbble, cold calling and many more.
But we won’t rest until everybody knows. We’re seeking a qualified business development specialist to extend our global
reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. Our ideal candidate will be trusted
to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build Education System that help make skill devlopment easier for people around the world.
Highly skilled at sales and business operations, this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision.
OBJECTIVE TO THIS ROLE
Managing both our existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities
Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
DAILY AND MONTHLY RESPONSIBILITY
Maintain a good performance report
Selling services to New and given leads
Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
PERKS WORKING WITH EXOTIC LEARNING
Work from home)
Flexible working hours
Higher growth opportunities
Freshers are also accepted
Good in writing outbound sales emails
Good in Telephonic communication
CTC UPTO 6.12 LPA
Positive performance report of the candidate will be eligible for base pay and will work in the current department (sales)
one on one interview ( final round )
We are a group of 110+ techies, data analysts, digital marketers, and operations professionals who have come together to provide next-generation e-commerce solutions. We help brands & private labels to grow their businesses by providing them a scalable and conversion-friendly e-commerce platform using Magento. We love brainstorming ideas on how businesses can utilize technology to achieve their desired goals.
Growisto has expertise of providing the below services:
1)Amazon Marketing: Boost sales, improve visibility, and reduce cost to scale up Amazon business globally by
1) Leveraging machine learning to identify search patterns
2) Creating a data driven marketing strategy to target the right audience
3) Optimizing strategies to adapt to the ever-evolving Amazon algorithm
2)E-Commerce Website Development: Boost direct sales and enhance user experience by
Designing and developing custom e-commerce websites with latest e-commerce technology stack of Magento backend, ReachJs frontend and a PWA
-Create a scalable and conversion-friendly e-commerce platform
- Integrating with multiple third-party systems and migrate from legacy system seamlessly
3)Website Marketing: Drive targeted traffic to website in order to increase sales and reduce customer acquisition cost by
- Optimising the website for search engines to increase organic traffic
-Strategically placing ads on search network
About the role:
Growisto is looking to further increase its business primarily in Western, European and Middle East market. As a sales manager, you will be solving the below key problems:
1) How to close more accounts from North America, European and Middle East markets?
2) How to improve the increase leads to a conversion ratio?
3) How to get accounts with more recurring revenue and higher billing rate?
4) How to get more enterprise accounts?
In order to embark on the next leg of growth, we need committed people managers who would want more than just a job.
We strongly believe that in order to solve above mentioned problems, the activities/responsibilities will keep changing depending on the need of the hour. We want you to take complete ownership of the sales and then define the activities yourself to meet the goal. Still, to give you a better understanding about the role, here is what we have on the top of our mind:
-Work closely with the department head(s) to understand the sales gap and work backwards to close the same
-In order to close the sales, take complete ownership of providing the right solution to the prospects
-Achieve a high lead to conversion rate
-Be hands-on in taking the calls to qualify the leads and take them to conversion
-Develop the right sales collateral such as service deck, case studies, proposal templates, etc. to improve the conversion rate
-Work with practice head(s) to refine the working model to deliver the next results for the clients
-Work with the marketing team closely to improve the lead conversion ratio
-Stay actively involved in R&D to help in building offerings as well as identifying new markets for expansion
-Strategic partnerships with consulting companies, agencies in other markets
Skills (Must Have):
-Track record of services selling in non-Indian or Indian market
-Experience conducting cold outreach and nurture campaigns to build a sustainable pipeline
-Demonstrable command of consultative selling skills and an ability to manage complex sales cycles end-to-end
-High emotional intelligence and the ability to appeal to the varying needs of multiple stakeholders in the sales process
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate recommendations and effectively champion customer needs
-Excellent use of insights and reliability around data-driven decision making
-Excellent organization, project management, time management skills along with an ability to take initiatives
Why should you consider joining Growisto?
-It will be a challenging role and you will get complete ownership to solve challenging problems.
-If you like challenges and think from a first principle basis, you should definitely take this up
-If you have the aspiration to grow and develop as a leader in parallel to a multifold growth rate of a start-up then you should join us
-If your thought process and personality resonate with our cultural values, then you should join Us.
Why should you not consider joining Growisto?
-If the role description does not excite you, then you should not join us
-We are a startup and things will move fast. If you are not comfortable in a fast-paced environment, then you should not join us
-If we have to choose between culture/team and profits, our obvious choice is culture.
-If you don’t believe in the same philosophy then you should not join us.
Our client works as a battery swapping network so that instead of purchasing, it allows electric auto rickshaw drivers to swap batteries and pay for it as they use it. Their focus is on advantages like earning a non-stop battery for 150 KM, no waiting to charge till 100 KM and pay-as-you-go option till 50 KM.
Our client works as an App that focuses on providing comfort to people in terms of ride sharing, ride hailing and cashless payments. Their prominent features include digital payments, trained drivers, doorstep pickup, daily affordable pricing etc.
Headquartered in Delhi, our client was co-founded by three veteran entrepreneurs who are BITS Pilani alumni.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading or supporting project development of new energy storage and renewables and storage projects, as well as supporting due diligence on M&A efforts of such projects.
What you will do:
- Understanding all policies and regulatory frameworks that directly impact the company’s business models
- Building and maintaining relationships with state agencies, transmission providers, contractors, consultants, etc., including mid/senior level
- Leading or supporting the promotion of the company’s objectives with policy-makers and regulatory agencies at state and local levels, including mid/senior levels
- Performing feasibility studies and guiding financial modelling of new projects and prospects
- Periodic monitoring and reporting on all projects and prospects under development
- Tracking and analyzing the company’s competitive environment, including new technologies and new competitors
- Coordinating business development activities between various departments and stakeholders
- Providing ongoing training and development to the Business Development team
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or another related field
- 3–7 years experience in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Project Development or a relevant field
- Energy Project Development experience is a big plus
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- A passion for issues around Sustainability, Energy Transition, Climate Action, Distributed & Renewable Energy
- Startup experience desired
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Why Join Us?
Be part of our category founding team: You will be part of the first 5-member founding team of our new category - Airblack Culinary Club - and work directly with the senior management to define the future of the entire category and build the team from the ground-up.
Exponential Career Path: As a founding team member, you will be a Team Leader in training from Day 1. You will be eligible for a fast-track path to leadership and start managing a team of 5 people within 6 month.
Drive Impact : You will be responsible for creating the next generation of food entrepreneurs - crafting millions of home-bakers, cloud kitchen operators, food bloggers and professional caterers.
Thrive in our dynamic team culture: Our dream team of ex-entrepreneurs, operators, management consultants, and VCs will be powerful mentors for your career trajectory. You'll get to collaborate with the founding team, get weekly recognition for your work, take part in continuous training and build relationships with like-minded individuals.
Get rewarded for your work: CTC: INR 4-7 LPA depending on experience + Incentives: Monthly payouts ranging from INR 8,000 to 1,50,000.
As an, you will be the face of the company for prospective and current learners. Connect and build relationships with interested learners, and drive admissions into the Airblack Culinary Club. As part of a result-driven team, you will be a key owner of revenue in the company.
Location: Delhi or Mumbai. Remote for now.
- Drive mission-critical customer acquisition.
- Assess and onboard potential customers via phone to discover their needs and develop a positive relationship with the customers.
- Provide relevant and articulate information about our programs to potential customers and build a strong pipeline for the company.
- Own customer relationship, become the point of contact for customers throughout their membership duration.
Who Should Join Us?
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are always willing to take initiative and ownership of your objectives.
- Self-learners, willing to learn and upskill in the face of challenges. We love inquisitiveness at Airblack!
- You are spontaneous when it comes to finding solutions in uncertainty. Persuasion and street-smartness are your core strengths!
- Skilled oral and written communicators.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to build relations with end customers and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
- Hospitality degree is a plus.
- Educational or Professional experience in Hotel Management or Baking or Culinary Sales or Banquet is an added bonus
- Experience 1+ years
Other Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical Insurance for the individual.
- Wifi & Net Reimbursements
- Wifi & Mobile Expense Reimbursement - 10000 Rs additionally for purchase of mobile phones.
Working Days : 6 (Monday - Saturday)
Working Time : 10-8 PM
Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Maintain monthly business growth run rate, evaluate the leakages and solve the problem and grow the business
- Liaison with multiple teams like- Tech, Product, Marketing and city ops team to execute the daily challenge
- Handling in the sales team and maximize their productivity day-to-day
- Revenue Management M-O-M, Weekly, Bi-weekly
- Maintain high standard discipline protocol for the team
- City Level seamless customer experience, build SOPS to make a smooth process. Maintain standard patients experience as per company values
- Looking for the immediate joiner and crazy in work and fond for a late-night party.
- Self-starter and proactive approach, details oriented and strive for result in every hour
- Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly sales planning
People Management :
- Leadership, problem-solving, communication skills to lead and manage a large team
- Fair understanding and skills to develop unstructured demand channels
- Strong Negotiation and deal closing abilities.
- Pedigree education background
- 3-6 years of core operations management/sales experience
- B.E/B.Tech/postgraduates from IIT's, NIT, SIBM, KJ, NSIT, DCE, PEC Etc.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, data-driven, and P&L focused decision making
- Ex entrepreneurial experiences a plus
Do you got a talent of developing new business for a software company and surging the sales? We got an exiting position to fill up which pays a lot of knowledge and experience thereby involving meeting with new business people, generating revenue for the company and earning handsome perfks from new leads closed every month.
We are looking for some bright candidates who can prove their skills and expertise to move with us to the next level.