pool of industry experts. To enrich this tech savvy ecosystem, we are hiring a Senior Back End
Developer – Python who has more than 3 years of experience in developing Django based web
applications and services.
Confluence of minds gearing towards a concept of online assessment by industry experts.
FloCareer is a fast-growing startup in HSR Layout, Bangalore. FloCareer is a state of the art
Video and Telephonic Interview Platform combined with a pool of Industry Experts who can
conduct technical interviews on behalf by hiring company. FloCareer is helping many large
MNCs, such as Wipro, Crisil, Citius Tech, MindTree, Mercedes Benz, Biocon and many others to
conduct their interviews in India and USA. You will get a chance to work with industry veterans
directly and work on coolest projects and high growth environment. We are on a growth path,
and looking forward to expand rapidly!
Experience: 3+ Years | Location: Bangalore (Currently WFH)
What you will be doing (you will enjoy the processJ):
Design, develop, and maintain new features for the FloCareer Web product.
Solve problems as they arise as we scale up and grow our customer base.
Work with other internal teams to integrate new and existing company products.
Ability to understand and articulate a requirement in a simple & elegant manner.
Able to produce and maintain documentation of your work.
Able to adapt to company working methods and coding conventions.
Able to participate in planning, estimation, and implementation of work.
Ability to write and demonstrate quick demo models using python scripts.
What makes you a great Sr. Back End Developer - Python at FloCareer (Ideal Candidate):
Strong Logical and Quantitative aptitude
Strong understanding of Python and Django
Fluent in Spoken and written English
Exceptional debugging skills.
Ability to write excellent unit test cases
Ability to think out of the box.
Ability to write clean and reusable code.
Experience in creating RESTAPIs
Understanding of Agile/Scrum development process
Experience with any version control system.
Experience in working with smaller team sizes less than 5.
Comfortable on a command line in a Linux environment.
*The ideal candidate must be experienced in developing Django based web applications and
services, with a firm grasp on emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and have the
ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. From day one,
you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our Technology Development,
and an ongoing impact on our overall growth*
What we offer:
Startup Flexibility | Flexible working hours (WFH)
Opportunity to work with fast growing start-up
ESOPs (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
Health Insurance Coverage
Working on cutting edge technologies
Be a part of making a history in Start-up
Basic understanding of React (Both class-based and functional-based)
Experience in AWS services such as EC2, S3, lambda
1 Good command in either Python(django) or Python (flask)
2 Has worked on large scale
3 Experience in building REST APIs
4 Proficiency with databases such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB
5 knowledge of Kubernetes, docker and deployment
Our mission is to make e-commerce easy and accessible for everyone. We believe that all businesses should have the equal playing field in terms of resources to build and grow their online business. With our eCommerce tools and comprehensive platform, business owners can better understand, analyze and grow their business. Starting a business and making products is hard enough; selling products and growing the business shouldn’t be.
We’re a small team looking for passionate, execution-focused, self-starters to help us build the next generation eCommerce platform and equal the playing field for all. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk!
We are expanding our Engineering team to India and building a stellar and diverse team composed of owners. We are looking for a backend engineer with a demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining production services, innovative thinking, and technical excellence. As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for building out the service layer that powers our frontend applications. You should have a solid understanding of software development lifecycle and software design principles. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a huge impact at a small start-up with immense growth potential
What you will do?
Create technical plans of projects assigned to you.
Come up with well-structured solutions to ambiguous problems and implement them.
Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable backend code.
Provide technical direction on our various products and upcoming projects.
Champion reliability and quality by using best practices in software engineering and modular design.
Ensure all components are scalable, maintainable, and have in-built metrics instrumentation and monitoring
Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers. Put the customer first and have quality in mind.
Own the full release cycle from development to deployment
What you will need?
3+ Years of experience as a software engineer working on backend applications.
Advanced knowledge of Python (preferably, the Django framework) and relational databases.
Experience with agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing.
Experience with building, modifying, and extending API endpoints (REST or GraphQL) for data retrieval and persistence.
Experience with the full software development life cycle, including requirements collection, design, implementation, testing, and operational support.
Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, decision making and influencing skills.
Experience with scrum or other agile software development methodology.
Hustle. Thrives in an evolving, fast paced, ambiguous work environment
Bonus if you have
Experience working in the eCommerce domain.
Experience with AWS technologies like Elastic Beanstalk, Amplify, etc.
- We are looking for a seasoned Backend engineer to manage our web infrastructure. Successful candidates will have a minimum of 2 years of recent experience with all the skills listed below.
- Our project entails implementing our pre-approved UI, constructing our API, connecting the two, and setting up our server infrastructure.
- Pixel-perfect- implementation of our approved user interface
- Design and construction of our REST APIs
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Maintaining the current web services by making regular updates to improve security and performance
1) Experience :
- >1+ years experience in Backend development, preferably in Python [Flask].
- > 1+ years experience in writing REST APIs in Python/Flask.
- > Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions
- > Server management and deployment for the relevant environment
2) Experience with SQL databases
3) Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
4) Proficiency with Git.
You would be working on our core platform, improving the features of the product, testing and fixing bugs/issues, customizing it for clients, cloud and on-premise deployment, security testing, and configuration, etc. You will also get a chance to build new products from scratch.
Tools and technologies that you’d be working on include the following:
- Django, Python.
- Nginx, Gunicorn, MySQL/Postgres, API integrations (JSON, XML, SOAP).
Shell Commands, SSH, SSL Certificate, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Knowledge of developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (preferably, Django).
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases like Postgres/MySQL, etc.
- Knowledge in designing interactive applications.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Electrical Engineering.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop well-designed performant and scalable applications and microservices
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code aligning to software development best practices
- Integrate data storage solutions including databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Build integrations with 3rd party applications through apis’ to ingest and process data
- Develop state-of-the-art analytics tools to support diverse tasks ranging from ad hoc analysis to production-grade pipelines and workflows for customer applications
- Ensure security and data protection aspects within the applications
- Partner with Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers to improve the performance and reliability of advanced algorithms
- Ensure high performance and availability of distributed systems and applications
- Interact directly with client project team members and operational staff to support live customer deployments and production issues
- 4+ years of experience in developing applications using python and related technologies.
- Familiarity in data ingestion and processing libraries in python.
- Thorough understanding of REST and GRPC technologies.
- Experience in using ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries for data access.
- Experiencing in developing and hosting APIs and integration with external applications.
- Experience in building data models and repositories using relational and NoSql databases.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Bitbucket and agile methodologies.
- Good to have knowledge of AWS services like Lambda, dynamodb, kinesis and others.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Affinity for learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience in working with docker is a plus
- Comfortable in working with Unix/Linux environment
- Strong communication skills — both written and verbal
We are looking for a Sr. Backend Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be
part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle,
from conception to deployment.
As a Sr. Backend Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end
coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team
player with a knack for visual design and utility.
Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
Design client-side and server-side architecture
Build the scalable applications using microservice architecture.
Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
Write effective APIs
Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
Create security and data protection settings
Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
Write technical documentation
Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Proven experience of 2+ years as Backend Developer or similar role
Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
Familiarity with common stacks, and excellent understanding of MVC architecture.
Good Knowledge of. Python and Django framework, having experience with Flask, FastAPI and
Falcon is a plus.
Experience with NoSQL, Elastic Search, Celery, Redis, RabbitMQ.
Experience with databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g.
Apache/Nginx) and UI/UX design
Knowledge of digital marketing tools
Familiarity with Google AdWords API, Google Analytics API, Facebook Ads API etc.
Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Great attention to detail
An analytical mind