Who are we?
Whatfix is the #1 Digital Adoption Platform (DAP) for Enterprises. We are disrupting the way Learning, Training and Application Support content is consumed. We provide large enterprises with a SaaS platform that helps accelerate product adoption and reduce support & training efforts by providing contextual and step by step guidance inside any web application at the exact time a task is being performed. The product has redefined the way companies onboard, train, and provide support to users.
What sets us apart from the rest?
With over 100 of the Fortune 500 companies already onboard as customers, Whatfix has been named among the top 20 B2B tech companies alongside the likes of Adobe, PayPal, and Cisco.
With a YoY growth of 300%, we have also been recognized among the top 50 fastest growing SaaS companies worldwide in the SaaS 1000 list and as a Market Leader by Gartner in the Digital Adoption space.
We are pleased to have an Employee rating of 4.6 on Glassdoor and our Customer obsession can be seen in our reviews on platforms like G2 Crowd & Gartner Peer Insights.
The employees are happy, the customers are happy, but what about the investors? Take a look for yourself - Sequoia Capital || Stellaris || Cisco || Eight Roads || Helion Ventures
“Hustle Mode ON” is something we live by.
The Engineering team at Whatfix provides end to end engineering throughput that forms part of core platforms and services that drive Whatfix business.
Our team is responsible for creating the Customer Platform and everything around it be it Analytics, Infrastructure or Core Algorithms. The team owns and is responsible for all pieces that we design, build and support end to end for Whatfix product/ business.
As part of the Core Engineering Team @Whatfix, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference by being a part of the development team that builds future forward products. At Whatfix it’s all about scale. One of the key attributes of this job is that you are required to continuously innovate and apply technology to provide business 360 views of Whatfix customers.
- Define architecture blueprints & take complete technical ownership of high-level design, tech stack, non-functional attributes of one or more components of various platforms
- Design, build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers worldwide
- Work closely with other architects in the team and ensure architectural consistency and technical excellence of the products and platforms
- Work with engineering teams in building high-quality and highly resilient scalable products and platforms at Whatfix
- Work with cross-functional teams to address all technical dependencies
- Drive some of the company-wide tech initiatives striving towards continuous technical excellence of our platforms
- Actively participate in technical innovations, external presentations, technical publications etc.
- Identify right open source tools to deliver product features by performing research, POC/Pilot and/or interacting with various open-source forums
- Deploy and monitor products on Cloud platforms
Our Ideal Candidate:
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love writing and owning code and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- 11+ years of experience as an Engineer
- Ability to work with teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality
- Strong Expertise in Backend Technologies- Java, Spring Boot, etc
- Expertise in working with AWS or other cloud infrastructures like Azure or Google Cloud, and using Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Analyze Functional & Non-Functional requirements with effort estimation and deployment strategies
- Hands-on in Architecting and developing large scale applications
- Hands-on debugging skills
- Design for performance, scalability, fault tolerance and high availability
Good to have:
- Experience in Client-side technologies such as jQuery
- Experience with Storage systems - NoSQL (Cassandra/MongoDB)
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, etc. to design and build new infrastructure features
- Excellent communication and technical leadership skills
- Can-do attitude to take BIG problems by their horns and solve them
- Ability to inspire others & be a role model and mentor for upcoming engineers in the organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit to conceive ideas, turn challenges into opportunities and build products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
The WhatFix Difference
125% ⬆️Higher employee productivity
45% 👇🏼Lesser support tickets
84% 📉Reduction of training content creation costs
65% 🚣🏼Fatser launches for enterprise applications
300% 🚴🏼♀️Faster time-to-proficiency for new employees
30% 🏃🏼Faster time to knowledge discovery
Whatfix: Scalable Success With Software
Whatfix removes the barriers between your users and true productivity across all software. Our Digital Adoption Platform (DAP) analyzes and automates processes, providing step-by-step guidance within each application.
Whatfix focuses on accelerating user adoption by enhancing self-service capability of web products, thereby helping companies to onboard customers, reduce support queries and improve user engagement. It is a cloud platform using which product teams can self-curate interactive guides & integrate across all user touch points.
Whatfix is based on patent-pending technology and being used by large as well as small enterprises for improving training effectiveness, enhancing customer support, and to improve user on-boarding.
Interesting? Know more about us: https://whatfix.com/about-us/
Software Engineer for Java
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Strong with Java programming and Java Servlets.
- Proficient in API design and development using RESTful services (JSON, XML etc)
- Source code management using GIT
- Knowledge in Mongo DB and SQL or any equivalent No-SQL and Relational databases.
- Experience in Node JS would be an added advantage.
- Full stack system development
- Product Design
- Technical risk assessment and estimation
- Technical investigation/research, assessment, and recommendation
- Providing solutions and preparing proof-of-concept for technical proposals and demonstrations
- Product maintenance and support
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or any course related to Information Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Ability to execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- 1+ year experience in product development
- 1+ years Java development experience
- 1+ year experience in agile product development methodology/process
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Experience of relational databases, SQL / MySql / PL SQL / Oracle
- Experience in JAVA Frameworks (Spring / Spring MVC / Spring boot / Hibernate)
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Experience in Unit testing is a plus
- REST Concepts
- VCS - Git
- Excellent programming and problem-solving skills
- Experience with test-driven development
- Good communication skills
- Fast learner, detail-oriented
- Able to work under pressure
- Self-managing and able to collaborate with offsite team members
- Can render extra hours whenever necessary.
After a rigorous training program of up to one month, you'll immediately get to work on one of our projects. We're working on mission-critical government systems or commercial products that are levelling up the way the world does business.
Knowledge on Model to Code Generation
Ability to work independently, with minimal training and direct guidance
Ability to respond to customer inquiries quickly
Ability to quickly modify/setup routes
Familiarity with Rhapsody Secure transmission protocols (e.g. Secure File Transfer (SFT) and Secure Object Access Protocol (SOAP) routes process, etc.
Prior experience with protocols like OSLC, SOAP and REST APIs
Ability to identify and resolve exceptions with electronic data exchange between EMR data submitters, and data recipients.
Knowledge of HL7/XML/FHIR/EDI standards
Strong in building JUnit tests during development
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms.
- Strong fundamentals in Core Java/J2EE.
- Familiarity with any one of Spring, Struts, Hibernate frameworks.
- Familiarity with code design principles, patterns, and best practices in java.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- IDE/Tools - Eclipse, NetBeans, Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Configuration Management - GIT, Subversion SVN
- Active participation in one or more open-source projects is a strong plus
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud ecosystem is a strong plus.
- OCJP certified will be an added advantage.
- Hands-on with *Unix/Windows based systems.
We are looking for talented and self-motivated engineers to come join us on our mission.
We have a team culture that encourages collaboration and innovation at all levels and we expect developers to take a high level of ownership for the execution of tasks assigned to them.
Roles and responsibilities:
● Understand and derive requirements from product managers and customers
● Able to design APIs and modules for scale.
● Participate in design reviews and look at opportunities to continuously improve on practices
● Own end-to-end implementation of modules and drive the project
● Debug prod issues and solve them efficiently and quickly. Customer obsession is key
● Automate recurring day-to-day tasks.
● Show initiative to drive topics to resolution and able to collaborate with multiple teams in
delivering the project
● Mentor junior team members
● Own project deadlines and seeing through project go-live.
Job Requirements Skills
● Good problem-solving skills and ability to understand and use the right data structures and algorithms
● Use design patterns and best engineering practices to design scalable and extensible
solutions. Working knowledge of microservices and/or event-driven architecture is plus
● Working knowledge of relational databases esp PostgreSQL.
● Advanced expertise in Java/server-side technologies. Working knowledge of Spring Boot is desirable
● Should have designed and implemented REST APIs. Good working knowledge of HTTP(S),Web servers desired
● Should have worked in Linux environments and understanding of GIT or any other source code versioning is a must
● Understanding of ORMs, Caching, Object storage, Queues is a must. Exposure to AWS S3, SQS components, Redis is a plus
● Own and write tests using Unit and integration testing frameworks
● Ability to work independently and/or with a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing
● Should do code reviews.
● Server-side application deployment experience is a plus.
● Experience - A minimum 6+ yrs of relevant experience.
Job Title : Sr Java Developer
We are seeking a well experienced full stack Java developer for our product. As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Roles and responsibilities?
- Design, develop and implement software programming applications.
- Build highly scalable product.
- Participate in gathering business requirements and assessing existing architectures and resources.
- Work with application development team in delivering the project and deliverable within time and with good quality.
- Perform unit testing, oversee quality assurance of applications through system testing.
- Establishes processes for performance and conducts code review.
- Manage and mentor junior members of the team on good coding practice
Skills and experiences would I bring into this role?
- E/ B.Tech / MCA in computer science or a related field
- 4+ Years of Java/J2EE work experience.
- Object-Oriented design, patterns, algorithms, data structures
- Well knowledge about Spring Hibernate framework.
- Exposure to React JS / Angular JS.
- Experience with SQL/No-SQL database technologies – MySQL, Mongo dB, Cassandra, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience in Web services (REST or SOAP)
- End to end web development experience is highly preferred
- Good understanding of unit testing methodologies.
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Startup work culture mindset.
● Design and development of RESTful Web Services.
● Hands on database experience (Oracle / PostgreSQL / MySQL / SQL Server).
● Hands on experience with developing web applications leveraging Spring Framework.
● Hands on experience with developing microservices leveraging Spring Boot.
● Knowledge in Application Server Tomcat.
● Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins).
● Ability to communicate effectively in English, with good verbal and written skills.
● Strong believer and follower of SDLC principles with an emphasis on Quality & Standards
What we need
● 7+ years of experience in Java/J2EE technologies
● Core Java
● Spring Framework
● Spring DI, Spring AOP, Autowiring
● Spring Boot, Kafka
● Spring ORM / Spring Data JPA
● Willing to learn technology/domain on demand basis
● Good team interactions.
· Java, Spring MVC
· MicroService Exposure – Eureka, Zuul, SpringCloud
· Knowledge of various design pattern - Domain Driven Design Exposure is plus
· AWS Exposure is plus
· Awareness with Linux Environment
· Exposure with portal development is plus
· TDD/BDD is plus
· Product Development Experience is plus
· Docker – Container technology is plus
· Hands on RDBMS - Good Exp. In Database design
· Experience in ORM – Hibernate
· NoSQL Database is plus
- Own end to end development and operations of high-performance Spring Hibernate Applications.
- Design the architecture and deliver clean, testable and scalable code
- Participate in requirement gathering and display a strong sense of ownership and delivery
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong in Data Structures, algorithms and Object Oriented Concepts, Message Queues and Caching
- BE/ B.Tech preferred