Marketing Lead (Customer Growth & Retention) - Y Combinator backed Shopify-like platform
About Merito :-
Merito is a curated talent platform where we identify, assess, and connect candidates for matching job opportunities. We are working with the mission to change the way hiring is done. The company is founded by a team consisting of alumni from IIM Ahmedabad, McKinsey with more than 2 decades of experience in recruitment, training, and coaching.
About Our Client :-
Our client is headquartered in California and Y Combinator backed Shopify-like platform for creators & knowledge professionals (coaches, instructors, experts, artists etc.) to launch, manage and grow their business online. Founded by IIT/ IIM/ BITS/ Yale/ BCG Alumni and 3X Entrepreneurs, they are well funded and backed by top Indian VC firms along with start-up veterans like Kunal Shah (CRED). The company is founded by alumni from top IITs, IIMs, BITS, Yale including ex-entrepreneurs and from firms such as BCG, Hike, Dunzo and P&G.
Since the launch of its first version in December 2020 they have grown 25X. Creators have earned more than $1 Million since launch through the platform.
We have just closed our series A (yet to announce) and are looking to build out our leadership team across functions.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Responsible for forming and leading the customer growth team.
- Develop bespoke marketing strategies to enable exponential growth for Exly's creators.
- Develop a strong knowledge base of growth strategies that can be leveraged by the entire customer success team.
- Form partnerships with agencies who can lead marketing activities for Exly's creators.
- Organize educational growth webinars for Exly's creator community on how to scale / grow their business.
- Form and run a community for Exly's customers to enable cross-learning
Required Skills :-
- 5+ yrs of experience in a start-up environment.
- Strong domain expertise in performance and social media marketing is essential.
- Experience in influencer marketing and brand partnerships.
- Ability to build and lead a high performing team.
- Good problem solving skills
What we offer :-
- Opportunity to work with highly talented, motivated and committed people
- Great learning opportunity in a fast paced ecosystem
- Opportunity to work on products that will shape industry's next generation offerings
- Opportunity to own products and observe impact of your work.
- Flexible yet result oriented work culture
- Ample growth opportunities
- Develop engagement strategies and content calendar for official online communities/groups on platforms like instagram, facebook, twitter & more
- Drive partnerships & collaboration with relevant online communities, superusers & social media influencers
- Work with product, creative, content & brand partnerships teams to develop member messaging for new campaigns, features, and product launches
- Create social engagement playbook/guidelines for community moderators
- Track & report trending topics and sentiment & feedback among the member community across all channels (social media, reviews, support, etc.)
- Graduate with at least 5 years experience in social media & community management
- Active and engaged participant in social media
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with cross functional stakeholders
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
• Create, manage and shape branded content on social media
• Own engagement and social audience growth metrics
You should be:
• A creative content and copy writer
• Super active on social media
• A storyteller with strong oral and written communication skills
• Be highly-organised and autonomous
• Graphics Design (Primarily Social Media Content)
• Research based writing (In-depth blogs, ebooks)
• Experience with social media management
• Ownership of social media channels including the execution of activations from concept to post-implementation analysis.
• Work with brand team, external agencies, aggregators, product team, platforms, and other partners to identify and activate creative and efficient ways to plan, execute, and measure social media marketing that connects with customers and enhance engagement.
• Lead the development and implementation of a wide range of content types: video, animation, still imagery, audio, blog/editorial, and other content that best utilizes relevant social media and digital platforms. • Measure and analyse performance and make real-time and long-term optimizations recommendations; create a framework for KPIs, goals, and attribution for success. • Find new and exciting ways to engage customers via social media channels to drive awareness, conversation, and affinity for the brand and its content. • Analyse and report social channel and campaign performance to quantify the effectiveness of campaigns and drive scalable learnings. • Tracking effectiveness of various campaigns and course corrections as required. • Design content for our partnership with various aggregators, platforms, and websites. Requirements • 3-5 years of experience in social media marketing for e-commerce or other consumer-facing business.
• Strong data-driven orientation and analytical mindset
• Hands-on experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create content – from reels to snaps, google pages, LinkedIn page, etc. • Someone who is passionate about wellness and lifestyle brands with a strong aesthetic sense. • Soft skills include super promptness, proactive in responses online, and confidence. • Effective copywriting skills
- Strategize and execute influencer onboarding/ marketing
- Relationship management with influencers, agencies, and power users.
- Create a feedback loop for the product team to improve app utility & performance
- Collaborate with the marketing team to grow the app community
- 2 to 4 years of experience in community building/sales teams of high-growth consumer apps in India.
- Experience working with Indian /global social media influencers for platform onboarding/ profile management/ influencer marketing campaigns
- Experience in working with Live video apps a plus Love for social media and short video apps. Self-usage is a big plus
- tier 1 university/ institute
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned account(s). Manages/coordinates Client projects from planning to completion. May serve as the daily contact between the Agency and the Client. Effectively executes strategies, problem-solves, and develops solid business relationships. Provides Client service support.
- Social Media Manager is responsible for the day-to-day execution of client projects. May serve as the daily contact between client and agency.
- -Proactive in developing and maintaining a close and productive relationship with key client contacts, acting with integrity at all times and including the SAM or AD in communications as appropriate.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the client’s business and be proactive in maintaining and sharing your knowledge of the industry in which they operate.
- Ensures client requests are dealt with promptly and developed into internal briefs by you and your team, distinguishing between a good and poor client brief and proactively ensuring clarity on agreed actions
- Ensures to gain client sign-off at the relevant project stages, involving the SAM/AD when appropriate
- Ensures the work that you send to the client and that of anyone you oversee, is completed in a timely fashion and is of the upmost quality, with high levels of accuracy, attention to detail and relevance to brief ¾ Before a project leaves the agency, ensures that all mandatory requirements have been considered and acted upon to gain sign off by the relevant Production Lead and client
- Identifies and solves problems as they arise, appreciating when it is appropriate to involve or notify the SAM and / or the AD
- Checks contact reports of key meetings and telephone conversations prepared by your team, ensuring these are issued to the client within 24-48 hours
- Proactively manages jobs and the Production Schedule, to ensure that they are scheduled on time, to budget and are monitored using appropriate administration procedures
- Supports those overseen in the prioritization of their tasks, in line with the wider Account
- Handling Team’s activity and objectives, to ensure team deadlines are met. Where necessary, proactively liaises with the SAM and / or AD to ensure priorities are aligned
- Ensures research and background information is prepared the team, for briefs/pitches / presentations as appropriate. Demonstrates capability in contributing to such meetings as needed
- Works with a multi-disciplinary team, developing strong working relationships with the
- Production Team to ensure they can add value and client requirements are managed to realistic timescales and associated budgets are appropriate. Oversees this activity within your team as necessary
- Supports the SAM and/or AD and working with the Insights & Planning Team proactively develops an understanding of strategy and how this applies to the projects you are delivering. Applies and relay this knowledge in an appropriate way
- Proactive in identifying and progressing new business opportunities Administration and financial management
- Monitors ongoing costs throughout individual campaigns
- Ensures accurate quotations for production are produced and distributed at the beginning of any campaign, by you and those that you oversee
- Proactively manages the maintenance of job numbers and job records
- Ensures a systematic and efficient filing system is maintained
- Mentor Junior Account Handlers in managing project finances appropriately
Roles and responsibilities:
- Create a brand and market positioning that maintains Tartan's leadership position in the industry.
- Devise, own, and execute Tartan’s marketing strategy across all formats, both internally and externally.
- Ensure sales and partner teams are enabled and up-to-date with the product, process, competitor, and market content.
- Build Tartan's vocabulary and messaging to effectively tell the company’s story to the modern world.
- Build, maintain, measure, and optimize Tartan’s marketing channel mix, with an eye toward growth initiatives and product adoption
- Work closely with the sales, customer success, alliances, and product teams to identify market opportunities and define market-leading products.
You will be a good fit if you have the below:
- Proven 3+ years of B2B2C marketing leadership experience providing strategic input to high-growth technology businesses with ownership of marketing strategies, goals, and tactics
- Successful track record in building, getting buy-in, and executing marketing plans
- History of building high performing, marketing teams and attracting top marketing talent
- Relevant domain experience preferred in deeply technical products, preferably in API space
- A thorough grasp of the key metrics needed to drive the business
- Ability and desire to use data and metrics to make strategic growth decisions
- Interest in development, training, and mentorship; hands-on in working with teams
- Brand new MacBook
- Stock Options
- Health Insurance
- Unlimited Sick Leaves
- Passion Fund (Invest in yourself or your passion project)
- Wind Down
Social Media Marketer
Combines marketing and social media management skills to architect and enhance company social media presences, including interacting with customers, promoting brand-focused interactive and engaging content, and expanding opportunities for revenue. Works with social media team members to create innovative social media campaigns.
Social Media JD:
- Creates marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various company department members, including advertising, product development, and brand management
- Provides training and guidance to social media and marketing team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies
- Collects customer data and analyses interactions and visits, plus uses this information to create comprehensive reports and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns
- Reports progress to senior marketing management
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Researches and monitors activity of company competitors
- Creates and distributes engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages
Must be an immediate joiner
Location: Pune/ Bangalore
2 to 3 years experience needed
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content on all social media platforms (original text, images, or video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action. (Ability to write content for social media posts is a must)
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Develop, implement and manage the company’s social media strategy
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers on social media to create a strong network and leverage it for collaborations.
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Monitor and evaluate performance across the company's social channels in order to improve engagement.
- Execute quarterly marketing plans to meet overall business targets.
- Consistently brainstorm and collaborating with the team for new ideas and strategies.
- Researching markets and industries to compare trends in the market.
- Organized Working Approach
- Experience in Public Relations
- Extremely Creative in Handling Social Media Marketing
- Online Advertising Management
- Creative Content Writing
- Influencer Collaboration for YouTube
- Create Marketing Campaign to Ensure Growth of YouTube