Lead Engineering Manager for Singapore based Asset Management Fintech
About the Company:
Torre Capital is a VC-Funded Fintech based out of Singapore focused on disrupting the Asset Management Industry. We are backed by prestigious VC firms and a network of angels and industry leaders, with over 18 months of runway. We are creating new ways to interact and service High Net Worth Individuals using latest tech and analytics interventions. Torre Capital was started by professionals (Mckinsey, Accenture, Flipkart, PayU, CIMB) with 50+ years of experience in Digital Business Build and Asset Management.
We are creating a full-stack technology team and looking for an Engineering Lead to head the tech platform development and the tech team. Working together with the co-founders, you will decide the revised tech stack, talent to be hired, and best practices to be put in place.
We are building a solution that deploys elements of tokenization using blockchain, ML driven portfolio selection and risk management, and a proprietary alternate secondary market for illiquid securities.
What we care about
- You should have prior experience leading a team of developers having gone through the entire cycle of hiring, developing, deploying, succeeding/failing, repeat.
- Hands on experience, knowing good practices at each stage of development such as TDD, CI/CD, Unit/Integration/E2E tests.
- You love technology and all aspects of it. You are a constant learner not because you need to, but because you want to.
- You understand finance, specifically areas of Asset Management, PE/VC, and private banking.
- You know how to spot good talent and nurture good talent. You believe time spent on training is time well spent.
- You know how to budget for the tech stack and the team you need.
- You are not afraid to call out other senior staff when they commit mistakes. You are as much part of the strategic decision making as the co-founders.
- Nothing lasting ever gets built in a few months. You believe in building to last, and don’t mind additional effort today to prepare for tomorrow.
- Values – customer satisfaction before bottom-line. Employee health before deadlines. Family before everything else.
What we don’t care about
- Project managers – we hate middle management
- Big egos
- Any kind of politics or hierarchy
- Your gender, sexual orientation, clothes you wear, what you do outside of work.
- Minimum 2 years in a Head of Engineering/Lead Engineer role with a startup. Overall, between 5-10 number of years of tech experience.
- BE/ BTech or MTech/ Dual degree in Computer Science/Software engineering or similar from a Tier 1 institute
- Strong fundamental knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and network protocols.
- Ability to define and deploy the right tech stack for a fintech organization
- Blockchain implementation experience preferred
- Experience with actual product launch and adoption
- Experience with Agile methodologies. Experience with Agile methodologies and IT budgets to assess technological performance
What you can expect from us?
- A competitive above market salary. We want you to focus on your growth, and the best way is to not have you worry about operational expenses
- Complete independence of operations
- A Bonus that improves as company performance ticks up
- Significant career growth opportunity to a CTO position
About Torre Capital
Open financial technologies Pvt Ltd is hiring Manager- Solutions Engineering.
Years of experience: 6+ years
- Manage Zwitch’s solutions engineering team
- Work in close partnership with Sales Leadership
- Be an active and respected technical participant and “player coach” in
- Mentor and grow individual contributors on the team by providing personal
and professional development. Provide skills and role mentoring and coaching
to Solutions Engineers.
- Review and document the performance of Solutions Engineers
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Expert Services to document and
communicate customer needs and product feedback
- Participate in regional Sales Leadership forecast and pipeline review calls
- Assist with all aspects of the technical sales cycle, including answering
technical questions, Requests for Proposals, Security Questionnaires, and
demos & workshops
- Attract, hire, and retain talented Solutions Engineers with specific, relevant
- Solution best-in-class customer experience for our partners with our low-code
and API solutions
- Build and scale the solution engineering team to cateter sales closures
- Be the feedback channel for the Zwitch product-engineering team
- Team leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer or equivalent customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and competitive landscape
- Dedication to delivering a industry-leading customer experiences
- Effective presentation craft and delivery
- Creative problem-solving in response to technical, product, and business challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Passion for helping organizations improve and modernize their software development
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs
- Fan of developer friendly API documentation
- Knowledge of the developer tools and technologies from across the software
- Ability to manage a remote team effectively
- 2+ years experience in a technical people management role
- Previous Software development, Engineering, or Technical Support experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Willingness to go the extra mile to improve the customer experience
- Self-directed and resourceful with a growth mindset
- API experience in fintech domain
At Open, we are building a neo-bank that is fast changing the way businesses bank & manage their finances. Being the world's fastest-growing SME neo-bank, we are constantly pushing boundaries at building the world's best business banking platform by blending best-in class technology, optimized process, and elegant design.
Backed by marquee investors such as Temasek, TigerGlobal, Google, VISA, SBI Investment Japan, Speedinvest, Beenext, 3one4 Capital, Unicorn India Ventures to name a few, Open is the world's fastest growing SME neobank with over 2 million businesses using the platform and processing $24 billion annuallv!
Open.money Trusted by Leverage Edu, Rupeek, Aisle, Arzooo & million others, Open Started out by empowering entrepreneurs to focus on growing their business via our flagship product Open.Money. At the heart of it is the Open business account that comes with VISA business card & combines banking, payments, accounting, expense management & taxes, in one place.
OpenBook - OpenBook is India's first business app that comes with a digital business account that empowers small & micro businesses to manage alltheir finances from billing, banking to accounting & CST in one place.
Zwitch - Over the last 4 years, we have realized that embedding banking to product workflows is complex. Gaining access to a bank's sandbox environment and undergoing compliance audits tor months before going live, can be quite taxing. Thats why we built Zwitch- an embedded finance platform that offers API and no-code components for banking and compliance. It empowers businesses to build and integrate banking and financial features into any product out there!
About Climate Connect Digital
Our team is inspired to change the world by making energy greener, and more affordable. Established in 2011 in London, UK, and now headquartered in Gurgaon, India. From unassuming beginnings, we have become a leading energy-AI software player, at the vanguard of accelerating the global energy transition.
In 2020, we were acquired by ReNew Power, India’s largest renewables developer. Following ReNew’s NASDAQ listing in summer 2021, Climate Connect Digital has been newly formed as a fully independent subsidiary. With backing from ReNew for an ambitious and visionary new strategy, for rapid organic and inorganic growth.
Our mission has technology at its core and involves unlocking value by leveraging information technology and AI/ML across the energy ecosystem. The world is still at the nascent stages of using such technologies in the energy sector to create massive value for all the stakeholders.
OptiMax is Climate Connect Digital's future-ready offering to renewable energy asset operators and investors. It boasts sophisticated big data processing and analytical capabilities, which feed into a suite of cutting-edge algorithms for optimising operational and commercial decision-making. Boosting renewable energy production is a critical part of the company's vision of a Net Zero grid, wherein economies around the world are able to permanently retire thermal energy production facilities, in defence of our planet's future.
About the Role
At CC.D, Engineering Managers are responsible for ensuring their team is staffed, performing and delivering quality solutions, while supporting the wellbeing and ongoing professional development of their team.
We're looking for candidates with significant experience building, managing, and monitoring backend services at scale. You will be expected to manage your time well, communicate effectively, and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You will lead a team of backend engineers, helping them solve technical challenges, project planning and ensuring that enterprise engineering practices are followed to help them build out robust & scalable backend services.
- Help manage our software development cycles by supporting prioritizing, speccing, and building features
- Develop a roadmap for your team’s focus areas and set goals to work towards that plan
- Help tune our engineering processes to allow us to scale and continue shipping high-quality software (ensuring effective implementation of engineering practices such as test-driven-development, CI/CD & more)
- Regularly conduct peer reviews, code audits and promote good practices
- This position is primarily a management role but the candidate should be extremely comfortable with coding efforts like PR reviews, bug fixes, and other coding activities outside of critical path development efforts
- Work with engineering leadership to solve technical and architectural challenges
- 6+ years in hands-on engineering roles (4+ in senior / principal level)
- 2+ years in managing engineering teams
- Solid understanding of test-driven development
- Have significant experience in backend technologies like databases, async job processing, messaging systems, indexing/search systems, web frameworks, etc
- Be detail-oriented, organized, and great at oral/written communication
- Be growth-minded and want to help improve our processes, scale teams, and take other actions that significantly improve our productivity and quality.
What’s in it for you
We offer competitive salaries based on prevailing market rates. In addition to your introductory package, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and leave policy
- Learning and development opportunities
- Medical insurance/Term insurance, Gratuity benefits over and above the salaries
- Access to industry and domain thought leaders.
At Climate Connect, you get a rare opportunity to join an established company at the early stages of a significant and well-backed global growth push.
We are building a remote-first organisation ingrained in the team ethos. We understand its importance for the success of any next-generation technology company. The team includes passionate and self-driven people with unconventional backgrounds, and we’re seeking a similar spirit with the right potential.
What it’s like to work with us
You become part of a strong network and an accomplished legacy from leading technology and business schools worldwide when you join us. Such as the Indian Institute of Technology, Oxford University, University of Cambridge, University College London, and many more.
We don’t believe in constrained traditional hierarchies and instead work in flexible teams with the freedom to achieve successful business outcomes. We want more people who can thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our comprehensive support system comprises a global network of advisors and experts, providing unparalleled opportunities for learning and growth.
Software Architecture: Ensure implementation of a modular, scalable, secure and robust cloud software framework.
Project Management: Sprint Management for development projects to ensure tracking, planning and agile development and upgrades.
Certifications and Regulatory Approvals: Work with regulatory agencies and consultants to ensure implementation for an acquiring certification and regulatory approvals - FDA, ISO 13485, ISO 27001,
GDPR, HIPAA compliance
Compliance and Tracking: Tracking key KPIs for cloud software to ensure performance and solve for
any deltas in the expected KPIs.
3rd Party Tech Integration: Work with third parties to ensure smooth integration of our offering in
their system. Establish Dozee as the backend for healthtech.
Documentation: Industry Standard API documentation, software architecture, specifications and
QA: Ensure zero down time and correctness of the data and features
Brainstorming for software architecture and implementation strategy
Working with developers to ensure swift and smooth development
Sprint Management for development projects
Tracking and planning for project deliverables and releases
Resource planning and utilization
Compliance and Tracking:
Setting up infrastructure to track key metrics for tech.
Ensure compliance with the target KPIs
Solve for any delta in KPIs
3rd Party Tech Integration:
Ensuring smooth and seamless integration for 3rd Parties
Collateral (videos/blogs) to demonstrate API integration in healthtech infra
Regular communication with 3rd parties
Certifications and Regulatory Approvals:
Ensure FDA documentation, clinical trials, submission and approval with the regulatory consultant and our team
ISO-13485 SOP, Documentation and Implementation across all systems in the organization ISO-27001 documentation, gap analysis, solving for deltas and certification
GDPR and HIPAA compliance
Other necessary accreditations and approvals
Enhance existing QA coverage
Setup automated systems to monitor the health of the production environment
Setup proper reporting for any deltas identified by QA
A proactive nature, high EQ and good interpersonal skills are essentials for this role.
Building, maintaining and managing relationships, negotiation skills, conflict resolution, persuasion skills,
judgement making and critical thinking capabilities will be tested each and every day on this career path.
Additionally a knowledge of the below mentioned skills shall be of great help -
Experience in software development and management, especially API development, microservices,
serverless systems and cloud development. (2-4 years)
Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and leadership skills. Experience with
hiring and managing a team of at least 10 developers.
Attitude and Aptitude:
Demonstrates intelligence, positive attitude and loads of patience
Logical and analytical in approach with problem-solving aptitude
Work with high levels of intellectual rigour
Resilient in withstanding pressure and delivering efficiently
Strong analysis capability and exceptional ability to communicate data and results to a wide range of individuals including senior leadership
Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
Bachelors in Engineering (preferred Computer Science and Engineering)
● B.E/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
● 10+ years or more of progressive software technology experience with at least 3 years in
● Completely hands on with technology and architecture. Start-up experience is a huge plus.
● Excellent and robust understanding of scalable product system architecture(s), platforms and core technologies
● Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills to pursue correct engineering process in adverse conditions. Ability to embrace and demonstrate leadership beyond ownership
● Provide thought leadership to setup and manage processes.
● Ability to work in a very agile, fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
● Ability to work efficiently in an entrepreneurial and in a start-up environment
● Hands on knowledge of some of these technologies - MySQL, NodeJS, message brokers such as Kafka/RabbitMQ, NoSQL datastore such as Mongo, Cassandra, Arango, distributed caches such as Redis/memcached, container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes etc. is a big plus.
● Great proficiency in distributed systems design, with an ability to make the right trade-offs for creating future-proof solutions.
● Ability to build a product end-to-end with the help of multiple engineering teams
Technical Architect/Technical Head/Technical Lead
BE/MCA/ B.TECH/Post graduation preferred
10+ years of experience
CTC - 20 LPA.
Technical lead will be responsible for technology development delivery and maintenance of small to medium size projects(end to end). Must have good technical and communication skills to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have Managed the team of 6-10
- Good understanding of industry specific framework
- Need good design/Architecture design experience
- To build and maintain financial tech products
- Customer interaction
- Exposure to SDLC
- Project status reporting
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- My SQL
- J Query
- Apache Tomcat
- Rest web services
- Design patterns
- Lead the tech team on daily project development including legacy system refactor and new feature implementation
- At least 4+ years of people management experience.
- Design, build and maintain our trading systems that deal with trade matching, accounting, financial reporting, liquidity, and risk management.
- Articulate a long-term vision for maintaining and scaling our trading systems.
- Liaise with business, product team members, and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap.
- Experience in leading a team to design and build services that are highly scalable and robust.
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least one of the following languages: Go (preferred).
- Solid knowledge of multithreading, enterprise integration pattern, microservice.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Ethereum-like blockchains.
- Experience in crypto exchange development.
- Experience in building systems in the finance industry.
- Familiar with DevOps work with AWS or GCP
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of financial technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast-moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organization
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
ACKO General Insurance: Acko is India’s first online-only insurance company focused on independent general insurance with its entire operations offered through the digital platform. Being India’s first online-only insurtech player Acko plans to launch low-cost, small-ticket insurance products based on data analytics. Acko plans to create products and deliver opportunities in areas where there are gaps such as personalized insurance products based on user consumption behaviors. Distribution will be key for Acko as it competes with the large insurers which have massive reach. Acko will bring out multiple product lines, offer bespoke pricing and products catering to specific segments and create products for the internet economy. Low cost products for the rural sector will also be key over a period of time, delivered via technology. Website: https://www.acko.com/
We are a Series C funded company and backed by a marquee set of investors like Mr. Binny Bansal, Amazon, Accel, SAIF, Catamaran etc. Our total funding till date is $143 Million.
Varun Dua, Founder and CEO
Amit Upadhay, CTO (Ex- BrowserStack, CoverFox, Alumni IIT Bombay)
Deepak Angrula, VP Engineering (Ex-CoverFox, Alumni IIT Bombay)
Vaibhav Shah, VP Engineering (Ex-Tesco, Ola , Alumni IIT Bombay)
Here’s what you'll do:
- Lead and mentor a team of 6-10 talented engineers.
- Develop, test, and deploy features across the entire stack alongside your teammates.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and development of our team of engineers to grow a
high-performance engineering organization.
- Collaborate with product & technology teams to deliver major initiatives that drive our
- Guide engineering technical strategy and roadmaps.
- Commitment to high code quality and delivery requirements.
Here's what we're looking for :
- Minimally 8 years of work experience on large-scale and high-traffic projects, preferably in consumer-focused product startups.
- Minimally 2 years of hands-on technical leadership or people management.
- Hands on experience working with Web Back-end.
- Strong hands on coding, design, and architectural skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change: excited about pushing out lots of code
quickly and constantly iterating.
- Experience with hiring and building self-sustaining teams.
- Thorough and methodical: you enjoy working with data and using it to make informed business decisions.
- Empathetic and user-focused: you care deeply about the product experience, you understand users’ motivations and frustrations, and you genuinely want to help them.
- Empathetic and employee-focused: you care deeply about the people in your team,helping them to achieve their professional goals, and enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The candidate is expected to create and lead a team of engineers and drive dev efforts for
Medibuddy and its various products.
The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team (IIT/IIM grads) and will help
strategise, execute product roadmap.
Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and
Lead a team of 10+ Engineers [backend and/or mobile]
Responsible for engineering delivery in platform & product engineering pods at Medibuddy.
Scale the technology architecture, team and product to drive a 10x growth in next 12-24
Code and Architect key features that form backbone of DocsApp
Conduct performance reviews and mentor and guide the team reporting
Drive adoption best engineering practices in the team and the organization
- Deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable code at a fast pace.Skills & Qualifications:
- 9+ yrs. relevant experience in consumer tech/ or SaaS space.
- Tier 1 background (IIT/BITS/IIIT/NIT), Pass-out from 2014 batch or earlier.
Strong Technical Background: You have strong programming, architecture, DevOps and QA
chops. You should have experience working with a diverse engineering stack in a fast-paced
Biased toward action. You must be able to do more with less and turn would-be blockers into
opportunities for growth.
Balancing Short Term with Long Term - You have demonstrated strategic execution
balancing short term tactical execution with long term vision. You should be able to adapt
quickly as per the demands of the situation.
Efficient Execution - You must be persuasive, patient, compassionate and possess exquisite
Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports
initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a high-performing engineering
Stakeholder management - You complement product and business owners with finding the
right solutions in a timely manner.
Past entrepreneurial experience is a big plus.
Strong grasp of Nodejs/Python stack
Databases/Datastores : Mysql , Redis / Memcache , MongoDB
- Basic Understanding of Android, iOS, Web Application stacks
- One of SQS, RabbitMQ, SNS
- Familiarity with AWS and its services including RDS, ECS, EBS, Cloudwatch, ELK, Redshift
Nice to have -
Logging : ELK, Cloudwatch.
Protocols : HTTP, XMPP, MQTT, Socket.io, TCP
Snapwiz Edutech India Pvt ltd Project Manager/Engineering Manager Job Description
We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial, hands-on Engineering Manager to manage an agile engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of application and front-end / Back-end engineers to drive innovation in full-stack product development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
❖ 8+ years of solid experience in developing a high-performance web application
❖ Technically Hands-on, Prior experience with scalable Architecture, managing team of (5-10) Sr. engineers / Engineers, and coaching, mentoring while maintaining a hands-on role with code development
❖ Experience with high-performance web application catering to millions of daily traffic is a plus ❖ Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks ❖ Experience and ability to bring in software engineering lifecycle best practice ❖ Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills