Hiring for a Leading Fintech Platform in Bangalore
Role: SDE 2
Experience: 3-6 years
Looking for Software Development Engineer Preferred from E-Commerce or Product Based Company
Hands-on experience in - Java, Spring boot and Microservices
⌛️ Where will you spend your time?
- Early stage disruptive Web3 SAAS product with a potential to grow into a category defining behemoth
- Relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability on top of being responsible for entire products
- Owning the design process, implementation, and verification of framework components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
🤝 What makes you a good fit?
- 1+ years of experience in product development, architecture, and design.
- Experience with API integrations, database design, and backend frameworks on NodeJS and/or Python
- Experienced with an agile team environment and you prefer being a self-starter.
👀 What process do we follow?
- The whole process is designed so that it can wrap within 2 weeks
- Application: We will keep it simple. You can apply directly through this link. All we ask for is a Resume and a couple of lines around the motivation for the position you are applying for. Additional Portfolio links such as Github, Medium or a Personal website are welcome but not mandatory.
- Screening: We will screen your profile and get back with a decision within 72 working hours.
- Interviews: We will have two rounds of interviews. Round one (30mins) will focus on getting to know each other better and identifying if this could work for both of us. Round two (60mins) is a technical round where we will review your prior experience and discuss how you would solve a problem we will introduce on call.
- Meet the Team: Culture-Fit is essential for both you and us. So we always go the extra mile, and you will meet other colleagues on the team who you would be work with. Here, you could discuss questions around culture or other things you might be interested in given a new role.
- Offer Rollout: If all looks well, we will pop a bottle of champagne.
When people work below their true potential, everything suffers. The economy, the society, their personal life, health and happiness.
Welcome to today’s professional world where:
- Older job skills are becoming irrelevant. There is a constant need to upgrade.
- The value of work matters more than the number of years of experience a person has.
- The education system is still failing to prepare people for the real professional world.
- You can work on anything from anywhere for whatever time
- Figure our their career interests paths
- Learn the skils
- Share learnings
- Find people for mentorship, side projects, freelancing etc
- Get opportunities to apply their skills at place that fits their needs
We are a small, remote team that believes in
- Working with a few, but only with highest quality team members who want to become the very best in their fields.
- Having a flat organisational structure with merit-first, no-politics environment
- Partnering with our employees to achieve their career goals and helping them grow professionally, financially and holistically.
About this role
As a frontend engineer at CutShort, you will be a part of a small but highly cross functional team. You will get an opportunity to work on anything that contributes to the success of the company (e.g being able to help automate sales and marketing processes, etc) and not just be limited to working on the core product. Requirements of the role are as follows
- You must have at least 3 years of full-time experience in building UI using either React (Our tech stack is MEAN with Angular 1 but we are migrating to MERN).
- React Native experience is a bonus.
- Experience in creating beautiful User Interfaces (a must - you need to be obsessed with details such as alignment and spacing.
A highly motivated, skilled, and 3-8 years experienced JAVA Software Engineer to implement innovative solutions with a proven track record developing end-to-end scientific or business applications in JAVA with emphasis on browser-based applications.
You bring to the table…
- Object oriented skills, including an understanding of common object and web application design patterns.
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Should possess hands of experience on Linux.
• Implements Digital Consumer experiences based on a foundation of SFCC (Salesforce commerce cloud) to meet expected quality standards
• Ensures functional requirements and high-level solution designs are understood and are translated into detailed technical design
• Implement proofs of concept to prove any new technologies, application flows or integration scenarios and identify customizations needed to SFCC platform for meeting client requirements
• Guides the performance tuning and scalability of the ecommerce solution
• Diagnose and solve technical problems during implementation and support phases
Your Skills & Experience:
• 4-8 Years with 2+ years of implementing commerce application on any eCommerce platform in last 3 years
• If you have not worked in eCommerce platform, we can still discuss with you if you are expert in Java/Net and understand REST/SOAP webservices.
• Demonstrate proficiency in build and release management using CI/CD strategies (leveraging tools like Jenkins and DevOps practices), implement Mocha/Chai unit and functional test cases in order to reduce costs while ensuring quality
. Contributes to designing, implementing and documenting the build release process as well as system configuration and deployment characteristics of the applications
• Participates in technical walkthroughs/ code reviews of other team members’ components, test plans and results and help them with gaps
• Collaborate with architect to define implementation processes and quality gates and standards
• Identifies risks and issues, and help monitor them
• Guides the development of reference and resource materials
• Mentors developers in improving their platform knowledge and development skills
• Communicate technical design to the developers and help/guide them in the implementation
• Participates in Agile sprints
Set Yourself Apart With:
• eCommerce platform certification
• Security considerations – OWASP, CSRF, reCAPTCHA etc. – Basic knowledge or experience
• Git Development workflow – Proficient
• Visual Studio Code IDE or Eclipse IDE - Proficient
• Knowledge on Agile methodology and desired tools like Jira, confluence etc.
• Scripting/development experience with Node.js, Mocha/Chai
• Experience working in any Salesforce cloud environment like SFMC, SFSC etc.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and articulation skills & Good team player
• Self-starter and self-learner with keen interest to grow
• Process orientation and the ability to define and setup processes
• Ability to provide necessary coaching to bring team members up to speed on the technology
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Excellent and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
• Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with excellent personal ownership of problem resolution
Participate and contribute in design and development of the core components of different backend services
Ensure high quality of software development wrt. project architecture, code quality, testing and deployment
Own performance of services in production and implement / push for implementation of systems to monitor and debug and fix an issue in production in lowest TAT
Advocate good engineering has the highest priority with the exception of value delivered to the end user
Someone who is particular and takes pride in their choice of code editor and clearly communicate why it is better than everyone else's development environment
Has good expreince in building backend solutions
At least an year of experience with golang eco system is a great plus
Who likes to think in terms of software and data architecture before opening the aforementioned code editor
Comfortable with managing development and deployment services
Open and more importantly excited about learning the new technologies
We are a team of educators and engineers who believe that there is a lot more that can be done when it comes to how people learn things.
scale distributed systems
- Work closely in the respective software engineering team in design and development of
high scale mission critical applications.
- Drive the design and development of one or more components/applications in your
product by establishing robust low level design, good code practices, and unit testing.
- Partner with cross functional teams like product management, operations and business
to propose and influence the design of platforms/systems for higher scale and
- Mentor software engineers in the team in solving complex problems and delivering
great quality software, do regular code reviews and play a key role in overall
What do we look for
While we are quite technology agnostic, we particularly look for some concepts that go behind
building high quality products for our consumers.
Coding : Extensive coding in one the following: Java/Python/ROR/Golang
Design : System design, design patterns, designing data structures, source code and
Cross functional : Ability to work with diverse teams like Products, business and
operations. Your ability to gather requirements, attention to detail and learnability
would really matter
Experience :4 to 7 years of experience in consumer internet companies or high
Who we are
ixigo is an AI-based travel app that helps millions of users plan and book their trips every day. Launched in 2007, ixigo is proud to have built numerous industry-first AI-innovations over the last decade. With pre-emptive help from ixigo at every touch-point of their journey, 150 million Indians are now making smarter travel decisions every year. ixigo uses Artificial Intelligence for deal discovery, personalized recommendations, dynamic marketing, airfare predictions, train delay information, PNR confirmation status, infrastructure cost optimization, business intelligence and providing fully-automated customer service over chat and voice. This makes ixigo a lean, tech-intensive and capital-efficient travel business, serving millions of travelers with a team size of under 200. Founded in 2007 by Aloke Bajpai & Rajnish Kumar, ixigo’s investors include Sequoia Capital India, Fosun RZ Capital, SAIF Partners, MakeMyTrip & Micromax.
Role & Responsibility
As a Backend Developer, You will be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in the design, planning, development, and deployment and help develop best practices for future development. You will be working closely with Tech, Design and Quality team to build and launch the product.
- Code, develop, design and architect features related to the existing application. We expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you ship
- Design, implement and maintain highly scalable, multi-tier, distributed server software applications
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and release products
- Take responsibility for performance and stability for all server functions
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, preferably from IITs/Top RECs
- 2-5 years of experience at cutting edge organizations or startups
- Extensive experience in a Java server-side software design and development
- Proficiency in the implementation of algorithms and the use of advanced data structures to solve problems in computing.
- Experience with e-business/e-commerce applications and business environment is a must
- Any experience with internet companies or the travel industry will be a plus
- Good understanding of Java/J2EE and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of data structures and designing for performance, scalability and availability Knowledge in MongoDB and Web services
- Extensive use of Instruments and Shark to detect memory leaks and for performance optimization
- Good grasp of algorithms, memory management, and multithreaded programming
- Good to have - Python, NodeJS, Mysql, Redis, ElasticSearchGreat people skills!
- Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and to provide hands-on management
- The high energy level and untiring commitment to drive oneself & the team towards goals
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Culture: ixigo is proud to have built an entrepreneurial culture that has become a folk-lore in the startup ecosystem. One in every four ixigems has gone on to build successful startups and companies. Our cultural values of integrity, empathy, ingenuity, awesomeness, and resilience have stood the tests of time and we’ve built a fun, flexible and creative work environment that is driven by people with a high degree of ownership. You will get to work with some of the smartest folks in the Indian startup ecosystem, and solve some of the toughest problems for the next billion users by using bleeding-edge technologies. Oh, and we have an awesome “play” area, great chai/coffee, free lunches (yes, they exist!) and a workspace you will fall in love with.