We are looking for candidates who are comfortable with -
- P&L preparation
- MIS Reporting
- GST and Taxation
- Income Tax
- Vendor Management
- Journal Entries
- Should be comfortable with Tally ERP and Advanced Excel
- B Com or M Com with a specialisation in Accounting
Head - Finance & Legal - Y Combinator backed Shopify-like platform
About Merito :-
Merito is a curated talent platform where we identify, assess, and connect candidates for matching job opportunities. We are working with the mission to change the way hiring is done. The company is founded by a team consisting of alumni from IIM Ahmedabad, McKinsey with more than 2 decades of experience in recruitment, training, and coaching.
About Our Client :-
Our client is headquartered in California and Y Combinator backed Shopify-like platform for creators & knowledge professionals (coaches, instructors, experts, artists etc.) to launch, manage and grow their business online. Founded by IIT/ IIM/ BITS/ Yale/ BCG Alumni and 3X Entrepreneurs, they are well funded and backed by top Indian VC firms along with start-up veterans like Kunal Shah (CRED). The company is founded by alumni from top IITs, IIMs, BITS, Yale including ex-entrepreneurs and from firms such as BCG, Hike, Dunzo and P&G.
Since the launch of its first version in December 2020 they have grown 25X. Creators have earned more than $1 Million since launch through the platform.
We have just closed our series A (yet to announce) and are looking to build out our leadership team across functions.
Job Description :-
The Head of Finance will be a high performing, professionally qualified individual with Senior Management experience who can lead Exly's finance and legal function and deliver its finance strategy, providing and continuously improving financial plans, systems, procedures, and practices. This individual should have collaborative approach, dynamic finance professional, technically sound, commercially savvy and an advocate of business partnering.
Purpose of this role :-
- Build the Finance function to deliver exceptional finance services with a clear focus on continuous improvement, problem solving and development, ensuring a high level of performance with a customer focus.
- Act as a strategic financial adviser to the Leadership and Senior Management Team, providing sound advice, guidance and information on organisational performance, risks, and opportunities.
- Take overall responsibility for preparation of management reporting, annual accounts, and audit matters to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and governance structures.
- Keeping the organization free of any encumbrances from legal, judiciary or financial institutions. Responsible for appropriate debt servicing, compliances related to Company's Act, Taxation and such other legal entities.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Lead the Finance team to deliver timely, high quality finance support across the organization.
- Deliver efficient and effective financial process and controls
- Manage annual closing of accounts, yearend audit process and preparation of statutory financial statements and smooth closure of audit.
- Be responsible for cash management and ensure there are no idle cash.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Management team to ensure financial statements reflect the business income and expenses.
- Review MIS reports and present it to the management team with analysis and risk exposure.
- Responsible for all legal, compliance and regulatory activities including that of submission of returns on time and making timely payment of statutory dues as well.
- Timely guidance to the team for resolving issues
- Review Balance sheet and schedules related to financial statements.
The successful applicant will be :-
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with 8 - 12 years of work experience.
- Experience in a similar role for a minimum of 2 years is necessary.
- Experience of monthly accounts, forecasts and providing MIS on tight deadlines.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of financial process and internal controls, including process improvement and system implementation.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other stakeholders.
- Demonstrates business partnering ability.
- Personal skills: Dynamic leader, proactive approach, detailed oriented, self-motivator, inspire and collaborate with teams.
- Functional Area: Accounts, Finance, Tax, Legal Secretarial, Audit, Business Planning.
pair of eyes to our financial reporting and budgeting processes, supporting key decision making
in every function. You will be working to ensure financial compliance to policies. Delivering
financial analysis and reports will also form a significant part of the role.
Must Have Background for this Role:
• 7+ Years of experience
• Chartered Accountant
• Proven experience in finance management.
• Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
• Auditing experience.
• Compliance oriented.
Required Skills for this Role:
• Managing all finance and accounting operations
• Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and
• Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance
• Monitoring internal controls.
• Overseeing and preparing income statements.
• Participating in budgeting processes.
• Managing financial transactions.
• Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
• Developing plans for financial growth.
• Evaluating and managing risk.
• Coordinating audit processes.
- 1. Manage bank accounts; open, close and oversee transactions
3. Financial experts, as needed
4. Perform administrative duties (e.g. entering data into banking software)
5. Handle operations related to Cash Flow, Transfers, Payments, Investments, Cash Projections etc.
6. Oversee the Investment Portfolio of a company.
7. Coordinating with Banks, Auditors and Investors.
8. Plan and execute business plans and risk management strategies.
9. Driving all of the treasury management operations of the company.
10. Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
What you need to do:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual Financial statements.
- Responsible for all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Analyzing and monitoring financial transactions, data and financial reporting.
- Developing and documenting accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Organizing and Coordinating audit processes.
- Handling payroll processing and labor tax compliance.
- Maintaining relationship with banks and financial institutions.
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
- Being a part of Internal Audits.
- Ensuring compliance of Government rules and relevant laws & regulations.
- Preparing necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns.
What you need to have:
- CA Qualified (Minimum 3 years of post-qualification experience)
- Should have experience working in high growth companies and handling voluminous data.
- Experience of managing a team of 7-10.
- Deep inclination towards automation/ technology optimization
- High level of analytical skills
- Extremely good level of communication skills
- Experience working in a startup would be preferred.
Our client is a 2 year old D2C company focusing on providing healthy packaged snacks to consumers. The company uses traditional grains and pulses along with exciting flavours that include homegrown ingredients and world's most desired spices. These products are made gluten free and low in cholesterol for people who not only crave for odd-hour snacking but also tasty and wholesome snacks.
- Handling monthly, quarterly and annual closings reports
- Reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Computing taxes and prepare TDS & GST returns
- Complying with financial policies and regulations
What you need to have:
- Accounting knowledge for a minimum of 1 to 2 years.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software tally software (Experience on Zoho software will be add on)
- Must have: Basic accounting knowledge,TDS & GST,Tally, Excel
- Candidate should reside nearby office.
CL7 budget 35-37Lacs
2007- 2010 pass out
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Chartered Accountant with 7 - 10 years of post-qualification experience in external or internal auditing, preferably in Big 4 or a global organization.
• Highly motivated and self-driven with limited guidance from the supervisor and provides appropriate direction to the Internal Audit staff.
• Experience in leveraging advanced data analytics in all phases of the audit lifecycle. • Excellent people management, mentoring, and project management skills.
• Strong working knowledge of financial, operational, compliance, and systems auditing techniques. • Strong verbal and written communication, report drafting, and presentation skills, and proficiency with the English language.
• Ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo
• Must be able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with flexibility to adjust to time zones.
• Additional relevant professional or technical certifications (CIA or CFE) is preferred.
• Readiness for domestic and international travel.
Internal Audit Manager – Finance & Operations
The Internal Audit Department provides the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with an independent and objective assessment of the reliability and integrity of financial and select operating information, the effectiveness and efficiency of Accenture plc and its consolidated subsidiaries’ (the “Company”) systems and internal controls, and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures. Internal Audit also provides advisory services designed to add value and improve the Company’s operations through bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, controls, operations, and governance processes.
• Participate in the creation and execution of the risk-based audit plan, reporting results to Accenture Leadership and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Conduct a wide-ranging scope of audits with an emphasis on assessing emerging areas of risk including revenue recognition, contract accounting, compliance, fraud, operations and outsourcing.
• Responsible for end-to-end audit oversight including scoping, staffing, planning, fieldwork, workpaper documentation, leading audit meetings, reporting, and follow-ups; ensuring that methodologies governing internal audits are followed.
• Leverage the power of advanced data analytics and automation techniques to achieve comprehensive risk coverage and deliver high-quality audit results.
• Through advisory services, work with our business partners to help them proactively identify and manage risk in new technologies, new go-to-market offerings, and critical corporate initiatives.
• Shape the future of the Accenture Internal Audit through involvement in operational excellence and best practice initiatives.
• Ensure your technical skill set and business acumen stay current and relevant through participation in our robust training program.
• Through interaction with clients and team members, develop strong professional relationships that foster trust and collaboration and, as a leader, set a solid example for the staff.
• Keep abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions.
• Supervise and work with a multinational team and flexibility to work across time zones.
Job Description for Social Beat - Accounts Manager.
Role: Accounts Manager
Experience :5-6 years
Industry :Service Sector
Areas of Experience :-
Sound Technical knowledge in Accounting including payroll accounting
Sound Technical knowledge in TDS, Equalisation levy and GST
MIS reporting to Management
Handling 30-35 clients monthly billing
Handling a team of 2-3 accountants
Monthly Book closure
Good knowledge in Tally ERP accounting
Receivables and payables Review and follow up.
Accurate timely information to Ad managers
Proper maintenance of Registers, files, invoices Etc.
Additional Requirements :
Filing of TDS and GST Returns
Payroll Processing in Tally
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Statutory Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from the CEO & COO
- To ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- To ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Highlight the issues immediately to the CEO & COO
Experience & Skills:
- 4-5 years of experience having thorough knowledge of Audit, Finalization of Accounts, Balance sheet, PL Account
- Proven work experience as a GST.
- Wellverse with Tally, ERP.
- Computer literacy (MS Excel, Word etc.) Familiar with accounting software packages. Experience in IDS preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English.