• As a leader, you will be Facilitating discussions and lead decision-making on all
engineering aspects of his/her team.
• Able to define and execute the engineering plans for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Drive engineering best practices for the team.
• Define, implement and maintain the hygiene of the production systems (both engineering
and processes) for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Responsible for the health of the business directly owned by the team.
• Challenging business & product on outcomes, channelize feedback into execution, and
be accountable for engineering outputs
• Hiring, mentoring and retaining a best-of-class engineering team.
• Responsible for all stakeholder management including but not limited to business,
product, operations, and clients/vendors
Do you prefer to get speeding tickets or parking tickets?
Because at Cogoport we are speeding ahead to do something remarkable for the world. We are trying to solve the Trade Knowledge and Execution Gap, which is currently widening and preventing trade to the tune of $3.4 trillion annually. This Gap has enormous economic as well as human impact and disproportionately hits small and medium businesses globally.
The team at Cogoport is working on developing a new category, the Global Trade Platform, that helps companies discover and connect with appropriate trade partners, optimize shipping and logistics options and costs, and improve cash management and cash flow.
Cogoport is currently in hypergrowth mode. We are proud to have been named an Asia-Pacific High-Growth Company by the Financial Times and an Indian Growth Champion by the Economic Times. We are aiming to reach an annualized revenue of $1 billion (7700 Crores INR) by this summer and are hiring over 500 additional employees. We are currently hiring in Mumbai, Gurgaon, Chennai and Bangalore.
Cogoport Culture: We have two core values at Cogoport—Intrapreneurship and Customer-centricity. If you share these values and are a hard worker who is willing to take risks (and occasionally get a speeding ticket), you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions with Cogoport.
Life at Cogoport :It’s rare to be able to join a company that can give you the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see your ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the smartest engineers and commercial specialists in India and the Asia Pacific Region.
With huge growth and the right entrepreneurial mindset, comes huge opportunities! So, wherever you join us, you’ll be able to dream, deliver better and brighter solutions, and speed ahead with the possibility to propel your career forward in endless directions as our company continues to grow and expand.
For more insights about the company: https://cogoport.com/about
International Trade can be complicated at times and every day brings new challenges and opportunities to learn. When we simplify international trade, it empowers and affects every human being on the face of this earth. Seven billion people - one common problem.
As a part of the Talent team at Cogoport, you will get an opportunity to be a part of an industry-wide revolution in the world of shipping and logistics by collaborating with other brilliant minds to resolve real world on-ground challenges. You will have a direct impact on the revenue and profitability growth for the organization.
Areas of Impact for you
- Ownership of product delivery, devops, cybersecurity, performance, impeccable software quality, and configuration.
- Hands-on management with deep-dive into the details of software design, implementation and debugging.
- Attract, hire, retain, motivate and mentor the team..
- Guide your teams in developing roadmaps and systems to drive product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth.
- Leadership role in the driving technical architecture, specifically leveraging micro-services.
- Manage multiple projects across a wide breadth of technologies, coordinate dependencies, and interactions with the internal teams and external partners.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from across functions to keep the development team in sync with all functions and overall business objectives.
- Set up, create and manage strong best practices/architecture to ensure reliable, secure, bug-free, and performant software is released on-time.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science with 8-10 years of total work experience in a software product company with at least 3-4 years of experience in managing projects and leading teams.
- Experience owning highly-available and scalable software systems
- Strong technical background with proven record of individual technical accomplishments
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high pressure environments.
- Demonstrated negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of team dynamics, have the ability to inspire highly-talented engineers and develop team-level leaders
- Experience with Agile development.
Cogoport is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and respected at work.
● You'll build a team of engineers focused on building out critical components of our Engineering team.
● Support all facets of team management to attract, engage, retain, and nurture teams of outstanding
engineers (e. g., recruitment, mentoring, training and development, performance evaluation).
● Partner with the product and UX teams and other cross functional partners to develop overall vision,
strategy and roadmap for our engineering systems and product suites.
● Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular
assessment and improvement.
● Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
● Drive an excellent experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity.
● Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and
maintenance of our product.
● Lead agile software processes for the engineering team and introduce best-in-class industry
● Handle technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while
minimizing production incidents of our operations.
● Experience in hiring and performance management of teams in product based companies.
● Experience in leading engineering teams, including experience in managing engineering managers or
● 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or
services, ideally at a top Consumer Internet company.
● Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of
A service-oriented mentality while driving excellence across the organization.
● Strong organizational skills, both for yourself and the team.
● Business acumen: Proven understanding of business dynamics, goals, and product strategy.
● Knowledge of how Engineering fits into the company's overall business.
● The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, conflicting constraints and shipping high
quality and pragmatic solutions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
● Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
• Popular hosts set up the talent hunts (across genres like comedy, dance, dating & fashion)
• Contestants send in their video entries, and
• Audiences ‘actively consume’ content by playing judge, predicting winners among other
modes of engagement
Expectations from the role:
• Hands-on product building- The engineering lead would need to be hands on with the
product building while mentoring the team
Given that this is pre- PMF, attention to detail and focus on user experience are important
facets of the role.
• Ability to build teams- Ability to build missionary teams would become important as we scale the team to 10 members and beyond.
• Technical leadership- Engineering excellence by building systems that scale well along with the business. Typically comes with experience in having scaled systems in the 1 to 10 phase of another startup/business.
• Strategy- Be a thought partner to the founding team on product strategy while bringing tech innovations to improve the product experience.
• Experience: 6+ years in building consumer tech products (B2C)
• Scale: Should have been part of a scaling journey at another B2C startup/business
• People mentorship: Should have formally or informally led teams of at least 3-4 members
• Startup: Any prior experience in working with or trying to build her/his own startup is a big bonus
What you must know?
Hands on technical experience with architecting and building a large scale product
, He/She should have flair for technology & business, be eager to take up challenging
assignments in global setup and have relevant experience working with b2b startups in
growth stage targeting global markets based out of India.
Roles & responsibilities
• Lead a team of talented 10+ engineers (developers and QA) through all stages of product
development and delivery ( requirement gather, requirement detailing, design,
development, testing, release )
• Hire, mentor and develop engineers to create high-performing teams
• Identify, coach and retain engineering talent and strengthen software development teams
• Provide constructive feedback and mentor team members to go to next level
• Build and maintain good relationship with peers, product management, architects,
customer support, HR, talent acquisition team and other cross-functional teams
• Work closely with engineering leaders and product managers for product delivery
• Contribute in engineering management team activities like, hiring, onboarding,
performance appraisal, skill management,release planning and delivery etc.
• Provide technical leadership to software engineers to build a high quality software product
• Collaborate with Internal/external stakeholder to enhance the quality of engineering
• Establish and promote a culture of excellence with end-to-end ownership for delivery
• Ensure complete solution design in collaboration with product management, architects
and technical leads
• Participate in the creation of engineering roadmap based on organization strategy
• Drive execution of quarterly releases and a roadmap of next year.
• Analyze customer issues, suggest and implement a practise to address and improve
customer satisfaction about the product
• Hands on coding and contribute in code reviews
• Identify,develop and improve engineering practices for development, QA, devops and agile
• Build and monitor team performance metrics.
What will qualify you for this role?:
• 13+ years experience with 2+ years in managerial capacity leading a team of 10+
• Hands on technical experience with architecting and building a large scale product
• Experience with modern devops tools and technologies
• Proactive and solutions-oriented with experience in working in ambiguity
• Excellent coding and debugging in one of the languages java/python/React
• Good understanding of distributed architecture, microservice etc
• Familiarity with cloud infrastructure. Knowledge of AWS would be an added advantage.
• Experience with setting up/tracking engineering matrices
Extramarks Education India Private Limited
Extramarks is leading the Education Technology sector in India by providing 360⁰ education support to learners through new age digital education solutions. These solutions are used by schools in class room for imparting education and by students at home to make learning easy and effective. Keeping pace with globalization and technology in education, Extramarks empowers young learners to step in with the latest technology and have anytime-anywhere access to quality learning. In a very short period, Extramarks has become extremely popular among schools and students. More than 8000 schools use digital learning and technology solutions of Extramarks across India, Singapore, Kuwait, UAE and South Africa.
Extramarks Learning App allows students to learn at home at their own pace and space and provides complete educational support eliminating the need of a tutor. The three pronged pedagogical approach of Learn, Practice and Test ensures better learning outcomes for students. All concepts are first explained in an easy to learn manner with the help of rich media then the students are allowed to practice the concept. Virtual Practicing modules and Q&A allow the retention of knowledge that is tested on a robust teaching platform to identify the learning gaps.
Extramarks is currently in the process of scaling up rapidly and is looking to hire for the position of Sr. Development Manager, to be an experienced professional with unique skill who stretches from strategy to execution. Extramarks is driving student learning through data driven techniques by providing personalized learning recommendations to the students. Apart from such customer facing innovations, we are also implementing internal operational excellence solutions through similar data driven approaches. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join Extramarks and help change the face of education in India.
- Drive high performance in the Engineering team, with a relentless focus on agile methodologies and continuous innovation in processes, work practices and tooling.
- Apply best-practices and coding patterns that ensure solutions are maintainable, modular, and of high code-quality.
- Manage the program releases and collaborate with Architects for bringing new practices and making right technical choices for the system.
- Build a strong, progressive engineering culture that values diversity, trust, efficiency, technical ownership, and accountability.
- Able to lead the development cycle and ensure delivery of highly secure solutions that are optimised for performance and built to scale.
- Extensive experience in managing teams building high-volume and highly complex consumer software products.
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing product experience.
- Deep understanding and prior hands-on experience of back-end technologies like Java based microservices & system design architecture with Spring / Spring boot frameworks, hibernate & SQL OR NoSQL databases. (e.g. MySql, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Good understanding of Java Memory Management, Garbage Collection, Multithreading, Immutability & concurrency programming.
- Expertise in effective planning and prioritization of projects to create an environment where randomization is either absent or extremely minimized.
- Able to break complex projects into modules and propose effective solutions in view of capabilities of existing platforms and infrastructure.
- Ability to think and analyze both breadth-wise (client, server, DB, control flow) and depth-wise (threads, sessions, space-time complexity) while designing and implementing services.
- Experience with high performance & high scale applications.
- Good knowledge of multiple data storage systems
• Hire and lead a team of Software Engineers in designing and building innovative solutions to disrupt Logistics industry using Technology
• Collaborate with Engineers and other Software Development Managers to ensure timely deliveries
• Partner with Product Managers to ensure bug-free delivery to satisfy and delight the customers
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work
• Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
•At least 7+ years of relevant experience which includes
a. 3+ years of experience in managing a team of 5+ Software Engineers
b. 4+ years of Software Development experience as an individual contributor
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven track record of shipping complex software solutions through an agile methodology
•Ability to deep dive into the problems in order to help your team make the right technical decisions
•Proven track record of developing the career of your direct reports
•Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Proven abilities in managing through ambiguous situations
Mentor and guide a team of 7-10 top notch full stack engineers across various levels.
Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and stability of the products.
Responsible for right tech solutioning, architecture being deployed maintaining right balance in short term and
long term outcomes.
Collaborate with Product managers and Business teams to develop long-term product roadmap and own the
release planning cycles.
Defining career trajectory path for the engineers in the team. Performing regular performance evaluation and
Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
Working with Head of Engineering to define best practices for development and champion their adoption and at
the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
Perform well in uncertainties; collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our fast paced
Responsible for hiring and skills management within the team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
BS/ MS in Computer Science from NIT, REC, BIT’s or other top tier colleges.
7-8 years of total work experience in high scale web based products with reputed companies and 1-2 years of
work experience in managing engineering teams and project delivery, preferably in a start up environment.
Strong hands on experience in at least one object oriented language (C++/Java) and one dynamic scripting
language (e.g. Ruby, Python, GoLang) is a must.
(MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch).
Knowledge of MVC frameworks like Rails, Django, Symphony, Yii is desired.
Prior experience with Google Cloud Platform would be preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent personal. People & communication skills
Experience in organisation wide initiatives and change management.
Ability to make quick decisions in high pressure environments with limited information.
- Quick & Excellent Problem solving skills for complex & large scale problems
- Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction
- Solid coding skills with ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercise & improve coding standards across large code bases
- Deep knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures.
- Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions
- Deep understanding & experience of high performance web scale & real-time response systems with experience & expertise in a variety of large scale persistent systems including large databases
- Exposure to complete product development cycles - From inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements, re-architectures the Principle architects should have seen it all and ideally in multiple cycles.
- Should have been part of scalable product development cycles with either large data handling or large transaction processing exposure for 5 years
- Must have worked in a small setup (either a startup or a small & reasonably independent team)
- 8+ years of overall experience
- B Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent required