The client is looking for an extraordinary and dynamic Engineering Manager to be
part of its Engineering team in Bangalore. You must have a good record of
architecting scalable solutions, hiring and mentoring talented teams, and working
with product managers to build great products. You must be highly analytical
and a good problem solver. You will be part of a highly energetic and innovative
team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work.
● Own the overall solution design and implementation of the core infrastructure
for backend systems. This includes requirement analysis, scope discussion,
design, architecture, implementation, delivery, and resolving production issues
related to engineering. The core back-end system is a large-scale data platform
that ingests data, applies ML models, and streams the output to the Data lake and
serving layer. As of today, we ingest 2 Bn data points every day, which need to
scale to handling 200 Bn data points every single day.
● End-end backend engineering infra charter includes Dev ops, Global
deployment, Security, and compliances according to latest practices.
● Ability to guide the team in debugging production issues and write best-of-the
● Drive “engineering excellence” (defects, productivity through automation,
the performance of products, etc) through clearly defined metrics.
● Stay current with the latest tools, technology ideas, and methodologies; share
knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision-makers.
● Hiring, mentoring, and retaining a very talented team.
● 8-12 years of strong experience in product development.
● Strong experience in building data engineering (no SQL DBs, HDFS, Kafka,
Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Spark, etc) intensive backend
● Experience with DAG-based data processing is highly desirable
● Excellent track record of designing and delivering System architecture,
implementation and deployment of successful solutions in a customer-facing
● Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
● Ability to influence decision making through data and be metric driven
● Strong understanding of non-functional requirements like security, test
● Fluency in Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, REST Services
● Ability to hire, mentor and retain best-of-the-breed engineers
● Exposure to Agile development methodologies
● Ability to collaborate across teams and strong interpersonal skills
● SAAS experience a plus
Description of the Role:
Looking an experienced software development leader, an executive who can step in
and lead our fast growing, dynamic engineering team, deliver timely product releases to the market, and execute the roadmap which promises to make this product the leader in its space.
The individual will need to take decisions in all facets to achieve the goal of delivering a
world class product. These decisions would be related to recruitment of right talent, using
appropriate development methodologies, and creating the proper organizational structure,
driving performance, with the right agility and quality driving product leadership.
This person will keep abreast of technology trends, standards, and stakeholders which will
further enhance adoption and market share of company, and work in tandem with the other
members of the executive team as well to further define our roadmap and deliver against it.
This person should have the ability to bridge technology with business acumen, bring
experience in developing vertical SaaS Enterprise applications, and develop and sustain a
culture of passion, hard-work, and innovation that will make company the place to be for
anyone interested in developing Hospitality industry’s leading SaaS Products.
This role has a responsibility for the overall engineering, testing, and delivery for our entire
SaaS based Product lines for the hospitality industry. The current products are made on a
variety of web/mobile technologies. Our production environment is spread across multiple
datacenters in multi-zonal setup with high availability, failover mechanisms that are in a
highly secured environment.
Technology stacks on which our products are developed:
PHP, Java, MongoDB, Postgres, Node JSP, AWS SQS, Apache, Angular, Jquery, YUI
1.0, MYSQL 5.6, GIT, Load Balancer HAProxy, Rabbit MQ, Active MQ, Qing
● Providing overall strategy and technology direction for the development of applications
and communication infrastructure supporting the Company’s solutions.
● Strategic planning for all product development efforts to include the subsequent testing,
release and production environment needs.
● Overseeing all activities of the development groups (development, QA, and application
● Planning the overall architecture of our products and support infrastructure including
day-to-day operations in conjunction with other teams such as IT, Support Operations,
Product and Marketing.
● Adopting process-based working for every aspect of development and with other teams.
● Establishing departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
● Staying abreast of new technologies and issues in the software-as-a-service industry
including current technologies, platforms, standards, and methodologies, and keeping
products risk free by not using technologies that are facing end of life.
● Recruiting, managing and continuously developing through leadership and collaborative
team building a world-class team of technology professionals viewed as the leader in the
● Participating in the strategic business, product planning process and budgets for the
● Being an active spokesperson and evangelist both internally and externally by
communicating and promoting the Company’s technology vision and solutions
● Ensuring the knowledge sharing of engineering best practices across departments; and
developing and monitoring technical standards to ensure adherence to them.
● Previous senior leadership roles in product development and engineering for high growth
product companies along with leadership of development teams with great product
● Proven experience as a leader in developing, deploying, and supporting software as a
service/platform as a service solution to global enterprises.
● Proven ability to recruit the talented developers and provide them with a vision and
working environment to develop world-class applications while instituting compelling
performance measurements that continually drive transparency and improved
● Experience in working with Product teams and contributing towards product roadmap.
● Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross
functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity start-up environment
● Experience in Agile development methodology
● Experience in multiple web and mobile technologies
● Experience in a multi-product, multi-application development environment
● Experience with globally distributed teams and business partners
● Experience in managing both mainstream development and R&D activities
● Experience in development with open source technologies
● Experience in building and maintaining applications that are mission critical for
● BE/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related fields
● 12+ years of product engineering experience
● Previous senior leadership roles in product development and engineering for high growth
● Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross
functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity start-up environment
Condé Nast has a huge global footprint across 32 countries worldwide with total monthly visitors reaching more than 550 million. We aim to inspire, inform and entertain our audiences through our portfolio of well known brands such as Vogue, Wired, Vanity Fair, Architectural Digest, GQ and many other leading brands.
Condé Nast has operations in America, Europe, South America and Asia. There are long-established operations in major Indian cities such as Mumbai and Chennai across many business areas.
The company is undertaking the biggest transformation in its history, driving towards expanding both its operations and its reach through diversifying the digital business models for our brands. Major areas of focus will include video and streaming platforms, increasing subscriptions and memberships, growing our events business, and ensuring we maintain a high level of standard on the products we are already proud of delivering to our customers. Migrating and consolidating to a more centralised set of technologies and capabilities that can be easily leveraged by any brand or product experience is also a top business priority.
Engineering is responsible for scaling, building, deploying websites that serve over 500 million users globally. The global engineering team includes Product Engineering, Platform Engineering and Core Engineering.
About Brand Engineering
Our mission is to build compelling and inspiring experiences across our portfolio of global brands such as Vogue, Wired, Vanity Fair, and Glamour which currently reaches over 500 million monthly users. Our goals are extremely ambitious; we are rolling out our brands into new countries and territories and pushing to serve more consumers across web, native (iOS / Android), video and social platforms.
We want you to join us as we embark on further global expansion of our brands, creation of new features to deliver our engaging content to consumers worldwide, and diversifying our revenue models. We believe in fostering a culture of experimentation and innovation, often running hundreds of a/b experiments in production every day!
You will be working alongside international colleagues across US, London, and India. Cross-functional collaboration is at the heart of what we do and you will be comfortable working in close partnership with Product, Design, UX, and Data. The Brand Engineering group works in close partnership with the Platform Engineering group to implement cross-cutting solutions that can be leveraged by the Brands to deliver robust end-to-end experiences for our consumers.
Data: Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
Deployment: Docker, AWS, Kubernetes
Source Control: Git, GitHub
How we work
Infrastructure as Code everywhere
Pairing. We like knowledge sharing and upskilling
Remote friendly. We work with engineers across time zones & locations
(Oncall - teams are responsible for their own apps)
Role and responsibilities
Working on our collection of Node apps; we use a mix of Express, Hapi, and Fastify
Working on our front-end apps; we use a mix of React and Next.js but as long as you have experience in at least one framework we don’t really mind
Shipping features and services to anywhere between thousands to millions of customers per day.
Collaboratively working with our amazing infrastructure team
Mentoring colleagues at every level, and a willingness to be mentored by them
Supporting your Tech Lead and Engineering Manager in technical decision making, solutionizing and estimations.
Pairing with members of your team to identify the most optimal solution. Regularly conducting code reviews to ensure high standards of engineering quality in the code that we write.
Working within a cross-functional team that includes designers, UX engineers, and product
Looking at logs and monitoring metrics and responding to alerts; we use Kibana, ElasticSearch and Datadog extensively, but as long as you’re aware of how important observability is, we don’t mind what tools you may have used in the past.
Taking part in our 24/7 “On Call” rota to troubleshoot any major operational issues out of hours. Teams are responsible for their own apps availability and reliability.
About you - Essential skills
You have a BE / BTech or equivalent experience
You’re a software engineer with 7-9 years of experience.
Good understanding of Cloud Native architecture, containerisation, Docker, AWS, CI/CD, and DevOps culture. Kubernetes foundational knowledge would be a great bonus, as we use it extensively.
Practical experience in the use of leading engineering practices and principles.
Practical experience of building robust solutions at large scale. We serve traffic in the many millions every month so our products need to scale seamlessly to meet our customer demands.
Appreciation for functions of Product and Design, experience working in cross-functional teams.
You’ll try to make the codebase nicer for the next person that visits it.
You’re someone who’ll own every step of the development process; from refining tickets to shipping the code to production.
You’ll do your best, and ask for help when it’s needed.
Someone who can communicate in a variety of media (through Slack and in person) effectively within their team, outside of their team, and with people in our product and design families, to even our users
Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to different audiences
Business proficiency in spoken and written English
You will be working with a global team and need to be accommodative of different time-zones as required
About you - Desirable skills
Experience of working with international teams across multiple time-zones
Mentoring and/or management experience
Knowing about continuous integration, testing strategies, design systems, software architecture, data and analytics, user experience, accessibility, internationalisation, web performance
Experience and/or interest in working with digital advertising
Experience and/or interest in working in publishing
Experience and/or interest in working with Fashion
Proficiency working with a variety of third party APIs and developer tools
Commercial experience using Kubernetes, React and GraphQL
What does this role hold for you…??
- Help define Technical Roadmap and own the entire product delivery end to end
- Work very closely with various business stakeholders to drive the execution of multiple business plans and technologies.
- Improve, optimize and identify opportunities for efficient software development processes
- Hire, Develop and Retain a strong team of engineers.
- Keep abreast of the changes in the industry and champion new technologies and development processes within the team
- Thinking backward from a customer POV and relentlessly pursuing the customer's cause in tech and product decisions
Apply if you have…
- Graduation/Post Graduation degree in Computer Science (IITs, IIITs and NITs preferred)
- NodeJS with good exposure to MySQL
- Experience with AWS, Microservices, Caching, Performance Optimization, Nginx, Solr, Redis, Redshift
- Experience working with agile teams and making rapid decisions in a dynamic and disruptive environment
- 2+ years of leading and managing a team consisting of the backend, frontend and QA.
- Hands-on writing and reviewing code
- Exceptional design and architectural skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- High motivation to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team environment
Know more about us…
Know more about us and our team, visit www.housing.com, www.proptiger.com & www.makaan.com
As a developer in the chatbot team you’ll be responsible for expanding the scope of AERIN (Aertrip’s Chatbot) to handle all types of travel queries in a scalable and efficient manner. You will need to make AERIN as robust as possible and strive towards 100% accuracy. You should be able to design, develop, test and roll out new features quickly. You should be ready to tackle open-ended problems and build solutions for them.
Preferred qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years of work experience in the tech industry.
- Experience with NLP solutions.
- Experience with chatbot frameworks like RASA, DialogFlow is a bonus.
- Experience with spacy, nltk and other ML libraries.
- Familiarity with version control tools like Gitlab.
- Experience in object oriented design and programming.
- Sound programming skills to write algorithms for text analysis and context understanding.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Should be able to write clean and manageable code.
- Passion for innovation.
- Out of the box thinking.
- Should be able to understand both the tech and business aspects of a system.
- Should be able to meet deadlines.
- Should be able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Should be able to work independently in small teams.
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance, and various services organizations.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time and within budget.
- Work with the CTO, Directors, PM, and Business to develop a long-term product plan, products and manage the release planning cycles for all products
- Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skillsets for the Customer Interaction Team, assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting product deliverables.
- Responsible for developing and managing a skills escalation and career trajectory path for the product engineering organization.
- Responsible for implementing tools and processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Ensuring that key milestones are met and that solutions delivered are of the highest quality possible
- Delivery on project timelines emphasis key deliverables
- Ensure legacy application platform and a stable production environment.
- Ensure controlled releases to production, with amongst other measures, stringent code reviews from standards and performance perspectives. Use metrics to demonstrate success.
- Decisive with team decisions and lead and support the team
- Understand all products with their interrelationships and collective relevance to business and ensure appropriate availability and stability to the Business.
- 7-10 Yrs/Industry -Internet/ Educational Qualification - B.Tech (Computer science mandatory) from prem. institute
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English - Communicates effectively in all situations and creates an environment of open and effective communication.
- Strong decision-making skills, metric-driven operations, and ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of various Development practices and programming languages
- Ability to work with multiple levels in the organization with key business holders
- Preferred if has past experience around Customer Account Mgmt System.
- Preferred if worked Supply - Chain Model.Specifically around Demand and different dimension of demand generation and management
- Excellent with Tech Stack like Java
- Should have awareness of best practices for Software development
- Should be keen on delivering a top-notch product.
- 9-15 years of software development experience, with managerial capacity
A Solutions Architect is responsible for validating the logical models, ensuring standards, driving consolidation of redundant data, and enforcing the strategic vision through data models. The Architect role has an in-depth understanding of both our business capabilities and how it aligns to our enterprise data models. Partners with Enterprise Architecture to consult on and develop domain models. Consults with project teams and functional units on the design of important projects or services. consults with business leadership on the design of systems and projects. May consult with leadership on emerging technologies.
To be successful as a solution architect, you should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture. An outstanding solution architect should be able to explain complex problems to management in layman’s terms.
Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
E2E accountability of solution design across multiple products, integrations and technologies that deliver successful business outcomes which meet reliability, availability, serviceability needs.
Experience working with the latest emerging tehnolgies and Programming Languages like - Java, .Net, MERN Stack, MEAN Stack, Angular, React, VueJS, NodeJS, Block Chain, GoLang, ML, Data Science related areas, etc
Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
Resolving technical problems as they arise.
Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from various departments
Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources, and scope
Position : Senior Engineering Manager
Experience Range : 10 Years -12 Years
Salary Range : As per Market
Equity : 0.05% - 0.20%
Location : Remote
We are looking for proactive “Senior Engineering Manager” with proven leadership skills. You are expected to work on many projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers. Your responsibilities will include researching and developing new designs and products, proposing budgets for projects, and overseeing all the activities related to each project.
Expertise : Your experience across the years in the Roles you have played.
- 10 to 12 years of working experience in Laravel, Code Igniter ,Slim Framework.
- Solid PHP basic and OOPs concepts, PHP higher version
- Strong MySQL database knowledge. Knowledge of Clustering, Replication, Stored Procedures, DBMS - added advantage
- Hand- on experience of Server technologies[AWS] like setup S3,EC2,load balancers, code deployment and scaling, DNS Management, Database Management, Payment Gateway Integration
- Understanding of Multi-tier architecture of the application
- Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git, SVN.
- Knowledge of React.JS will be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and consuming web services like REST, SOAP, XML
- Proficient on API documentation tools/framework such as Postman, Swagger.
-Team Leader, Team Management.
- Development experience as per SOLID principles.
- Experience in Client Communication.
- Adaptive to Start-up culture and fast paced growing environment.
- Hire and build a globally-distributed, happy, and successful engineering team.
- Managing a team of 20 + Engineers including Technology leads.
- Closely work with the product team to transform the product roadmap to engineering plan.
- Convert high-level engineering plan into an agile sprint plan with accurate effort estimation ensuring smooth and timely delivery of the project.
- Manage a team of software engineers and technical leads from various disciplines such as frontend, backend, and QA.
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit your team and the product stage(s).
- Understand Engineering KPIs and seek to improve them.
- Conduct managerial interviews for candidates.
We’re transforming the way in which Indians Eat Meat!
Meatigo is the leader in the online gourmet meat and delicatessen grocery space and we are proud to be one of the most innovative companies in the food retail space. Since 2016, we’ve worked towards transforming the way Indians eat meat by offering fresher, safer, responsibly sourced, sustainable and more nutritious meat products.
Backed by a team of people, with over 35 years of experience in meat processing & meat products, Meatigo boasts of an unrivalled expertise in cold-chain management, sourcing, manpower training and quality control. We follow an end-to-end business based on the hub and spoke model that starts from procuring the fresh produce to processing, storage and delivery. We currently deliver orders within 120 minutes across 8 Cities (and counting!)
For more details, do check out www.meatigo.com
About The Role
At Meatigo, we're redefining the future of on-demand meat delivery. We're building a small team of incredibly talented programmers and developers to enable us to achieve our vision of connecting customers to better meat from Meatigo.
We are looking for a leader to launch and grow our Meatigo Tech Team.
You will be responsible for building the next version of the Meatigo Consumer Website, Consumer App, Internal Apps as well as integration into other platforms. As we gear up for the next level of growth at Meatigo, you'll lead star engineers, designers, and operators in a fastgrowing dynamic environment. This role will be based out of Gurgaon, but you will speak with customers, stakeholders and teams all across India to understand their unique needs. The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-functional collaboration, and well-honed product judgement.
Job Description: (Junior TL Lead)
This role is for a person to lead a team which forms a part of the development project for an ecommerce application. The person should have a total work experience of 6-8years in the IT industry.
∙ Bachelor's / Master's Degree in the Computer Engg/Computer Science from reputed engineering college.
Project Management experience:
∙ Has lead a team of upto 3 developers or more over 2 full cycle development projects.
-Used Project Management tool Jira or Slack.
∙ Knowledge of testing and Software quality.
∙ Some experience on container set up and cloud deployments.
∙ A leader who inspires confidence and works as a team player.
∙ Hungry for learning.
Technology Skills and Experience
∙ Knowledge and use of CentOS and Tomcat.
∙ Knowledge and use of React.Js, Node.JS
∙ Knowledge and use of Bash, server side scripting
∙ Knowledge and use of Java Springboot
∙ Hands-on high level and detailed design knowledge and experience. ∙ Hands on development in Java using Java SDK
∙ Experience with a UI framework like Bootstrap/Material design etc. ∙ Experienced in developing componentized UIs.
∙ Working knowledge of HTML5/java script/CSS/Typescript is must. ∙ Working experience of NodeJs
∙ Developed web services APIs and consumption [REST/SOAP]. ∙ Good knowledge of the use of MVC/MVVM patterns
∙ Working with Caching layers like Redis.
∙ Knowledge and use of ERMs/ORMs preferable.
∙ TDD & BDD, the use of tools like Karma/Mocha/Jasmine is required. ∙ Application performance and scalability enhancement.
∙ Knowledge of loosely coupled design.
∙ Security aspects in design and development of applications.
∙ At least 5 years’ experience with RDMS like MySQL Database, table design, normalization, and database performance.
∙ Hands on knowledge of AWS cloud based development, deployment and support preferable.
∙ Hands on experience of using Docker containers on the AWS platform. Knowledge of Kubernetes preferable.
∙ Hands on experience in Server Management and AWS instances preferable.
Tools Knowledge and Skills
∙ Used Gitlab
∙ Used Selenium or UFT/Silk or other testing tool.
∙ Used Jira, Slack or Trello
∙ Used Nagios (optional)
∙ INR 10-20 Lakhs inclusive of all allowances.
∙ Gurgaon, Haryana
∙ Preferably by 15 June 2021 but latest by 01 July 2021
The B2B e-commerce platforms sensation, Raksul Inc., named Forbes Japan "Startup of the
Year" in 2018 and a Harvard Business Case Study in 2019, has created its Center of Excellence
(COE) in Bangalore, India in 2020, to propel ahead its mission of transforming conventional
industries with the Internet and emerging technologies. The new software R&D center is
envisaged to comprise highly empowered product teams that are multifaceted, mission-oriented
and accountable for end-to-end business outcomes.
We are looking for world-class software engineering talent to join our cause in our India Center
of Excellence in Bangalore. We value creative curiosity, outside-the-box thinking and quality
consciousness. This position will have tremendous opportunities for software craftsmanship,
leadership and growth!
At Raksul, we believe in enabling our software teams by instilling intrinsic motivators of
Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose, nicely complementing our highly competitive comp package,
bonus, generous vacation time, best-in-class benefits and super-flexible work hours! Raksul as
a company fosters an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture. In our work we aim to be smart,
humble, hardworking and above all, collaborative! We are presently in 100% remote working
mode with potentially part-time in the office, post pandemic.
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- 3+ years of professional full-stack web development.
- 3+ years of experience developing products related to corporate functions incl. HR,
Payroll, Accounting, etc.
- Previous experience maintaining production applications.
- Focus on writing clear, maintainable, tested code.
- Experience with Git, continuous integration and regular deployments.
- Understanding and appreciation of UX and usability.
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Experience with MySQL and relational data modeling.
- You must be a strong communicator who can explain complex ideas to anyone
regardless of background.
- Experience with implementing designs produced in Figma or Zeplin.
- Ability and interest in mentoring junior engineers a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills and diligent ability to contribute to the team by
performing code reviews.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Understands basic accounting terms and principles.
Nice to Haves:
- Contributions to or active participation in the OSS community.
- Strong Github profile.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Someone who would be interested in improving corporate productivity.
- Individuals with the curiosity to explore new technologies, the willingness to learn new
things and who constantly challenge themselves.
- A positive outlook with a focus on solution-oriented problem solving, even when things
- Individuals who thrive in a multicultural environment.
- Individuals who would like to work on Japanese products and services.