Embedded Firmware Engineer:
Notice Period: 15 days or less (No 30 days negotiable)
1. 5 years’ experience in metering Industry.
2. Experience in Embedded C/C++.
3. Experience in designing firmware architecture.
4. Experience in Class 1.0 or 0.5 Energy meters.
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About German Based IT Start-up
Role and Responsibility:
Developing firmware for robust embedded system devices
Active involvement in designing architecture, communication protocols & selection of technology.
Designing test cases and active participation in testing
Team building and grooming new members.
Candidate Skill Set:
Thorough knowledge and hands on experience of Embedded C programming.
Experience of firmware development on multiple microcontroller families like AVR, MSP430, STM32,
Strong programming & debugging skills.
Knowledge of IDE’s like Keil, AVR Studio, IAR, Cubesuit will be an added advantage.
Hands on experience of working on wireless communication (BLE, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, LoRa, GSM/ GPRS)
A team player with excellent analytical, problem-solving skills, with strong ability to quickly learn.
Passion for developing products with new technologies.
Bachelor's/ master’s degree in electronics related discipline or equivalent experience
Experience of 1-3 years
- Very good programming knowledge in C/C++
- Experience in Multi-threaded software development
- Understanding of operating systems concepts, system performance, and optimization
- Familiar with working in an Embedded Linux development environment.
- Excellent problem-solving/debugging skills, design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Knowledge of embedded tools like emulators, linkers, makefiles, etc
- Experience in voice applications development, preferably on client/server platforms
- Knowledge of RTOS programming will be added advantage.
- Understanding of different processors. microcontrollers architectures.
- Familiarity with development tools such as GCC, GDB, Eclipse, GNU Make, etc
- Software Development with C++ for Autonomous drive project.
- QT Library (no GUI features)
- Object Oriented Analysis / Object Oriented Design
- C++ Template implementation
- C++17 specifics like “std::optional”
- Macro implementation
- Implementation of Clean Code
- Static Code Analysis
- Excellent GIT knowledge especially how to merge, Rebase
- University degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Minimum 1 to 5 years of embedded software development experience on Yocto Linux based projects in automotive domain
- Expert in C++ programming
- Strong debugging skills
- Good communication skills
Experience: 4 to 12 years
- Familiar with AUTOSAR BSW and RTE, architecture, specifications, and configuration tools
- Strong fundamentals programming in C, embedded system concepts, and software build process
- Strong customer orientation, willingness to meet deadlines, and self-management skills
- Deep passion for solving problems to resolution, including root cause analysis skills
- Ability to work and collaborate in a dynamic team environment
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Provide post production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C or C++
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
Developer Software (Embedded)
Qualification: BE in (Electrical/Electronic Engineering)
· Experience in design and development with structured Software Development Life Cycle for embedded applications
· Proficiency in C language or assembly programming, Microcontroller, Micro Processor.
· Preferably experience in working and understanding the metering domain
· Proficiency in development processes, tools/IDE (KEIL, IAR, Eclipse) & test automation
· Unit testing skill
· Interface RS485, RS232, SPI, I2C, USB, LCD, Keypad, Flash, EEPROM
· Coding Standards and MISRA rules are preferable
· Knowledge of ARM / MIPS / Coldfire / MSP430 / dsPIC / 8051 and other popular processor
· Experience in working on communication products based on GPRS, ZIGBEE, ZWAVE, Ethernet, Power line communication, DLMS, MODBUS
· Understand improvement requirements and develop improvement solutions & package, according to technical specifications / high-level solution design
· Responsible to carry out effective and timely unit testing, in order to, deliver first time right solutions
· Development of automation framework/compiler / emulators to speed up business delivery cycle in NPI programs
· Keep track of new trends, continuously learn and self-develop skills by ensuring effective knowledge sharing through group meetings and training. Impart training to new joiners as and when assigned
· Proficiency in developing embedded software design with high reusability using relevant tools and BSM or flow diagram
StartUp engaged in inventing and innovating Smart Energy Meters and related Technologies (OEM) requires Embedded Engineers. Following re-innovation principle and Technology First direction, we design Technologies to deliver our Vision of the highest Quality Products and Technologies. The candidate's responsibilities include IoT (COSEM/DLMS), technology integration. Required skills include Embedded C and C++ and knowledge of Electrical and Electronics.
You’ll be our: Firmware Engineer
You’ll be based at: IBC Knowledge Park, Bengaluru
You’ll be Aligned with: Embedded Manager
You’ll be a member of: Vehicle Software
What you’ll do at Ather:
A successful candidate is expected to lead the Firmware development and integration effort for various Ather products and be responsible for qualifying and integrating FW at various stages with HW. Responsibilities include:
Understanding requirements from different stakeholders and translating these to application features
Writing high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
Performing functional and non-functional testing
Troubleshooting and debugging applications
Designing creative prototypes according to specifications
Evaluating existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
Developing technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
Identifying and communicating possible risks along with preventive and corrective measures
Designing HW/SW integration while working with HW/Algorithms/Cloud teams to deliver an integrated solution.
Here’s what we are looking for:
ECU Software development experience (any of the ARM based Auto ECUs Body Electronics/Infotainment/ Powertrain/Cluster)
Previous experience with Low level firmware, Boot loaders, Device Drivers development
Hands on Experience Communication Protocols CAN, I2C, SPI, RS232
Experience with static analyser, JTAG tools etc…
Knowledge in Assembly and compilers
Strong testing & debugging skills, experience with logic analysers
Language: C, C++
Nice to have:
Knowledge of HW design for ECUs
Experience with UDS, AutoSAR, ISO26262, MISRA Guidelines
Previous experience with SIL and HIL Testing as well as Test case generation for the same.
Hand on experience in using CAN tools & CAPL Scripts, Bus Master
Real Time operating Systems, Python, Matlab/Simulink
You bring to Ather:
BE/B.tech/B.Sc is minimum req with minimum 2-6 years of prior industry experience.