- Drive innovation and manage product development teams within a fast paced, agile environment
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Recruit IT professionals with business and industry experience, and develop, reward and energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization.
- Lead software development teams, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product road-maps
- Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product road-maps
- Enable integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product managers, technical project managers, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
An Engineering manager is responsible for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled. They are responsible for solving any engineering issue that comes up in a project. One of the most important skills that an engineering manager will have been their ability to effectively delegate the work. Their responsibilities usually include researching and developing new designs and products, proposing budgets for projects, and overseeing all the activities related to each project. Influences top management internally & externally (industry) to accept new ideas. Creates and conceptualizes solutions to Artivatic in specific discipline.
Objective of the position:
The objective of role revolves around creating processes and designs, as well as maintenance and operations duties in a variety of different disciplines. As an engineering manager, you must believe in the product and want to make it better to investigate, propose, and manage new product development efforts or product updates. You will be able to work with different teams (e.g. product, marketing, sales team) to drive product directions design, and development.
Role and Responsibilities:
-Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality
-Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption
-Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
-Architecting and engineering solutions which can meet the requirement of unknown customer buying off the shelf products
-Engage with product management and CXO team to drive the functionality, usability and other non-functional requirements and hence the solution for the same
-Ensure on-time launches by managing design, development, and integration efforts according to a standard or customized project plan
-Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
-Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision
-Be responsible for mentoring and developing front-line managers and engineers.
Mandatory traits/ skills
- Deep understanding of enterprise-grade technologies
- Ability to handle entire lifecycle of project Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Worked on Tech stack right from UI UX designing, Front End, Backend, Devops and Testing
- Hands on experience in Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis, specially about Python/Django/REST, etc
- Hands on experience in Front End technologies like Angular
- Understanding of Devops tools: Cloud Architecture, Jenkins & Docker
- Hands on experience in Testing tools (Python or Java with Selenium)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- -Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- -Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience. Engaging and influencing peers and executives
- -A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- -Being a strong leader, mentor, and people manager
● You'll build a team of engineers focused on building out critical components of our Engineering team.
● Support all facets of team management to attract, engage, retain, and nurture teams of outstanding
engineers (e. g., recruitment, mentoring, training and development, performance evaluation).
● Partner with the product and UX teams and other cross functional partners to develop overall vision,
strategy and roadmap for our engineering systems and product suites.
● Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular
assessment and improvement.
● Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
● Drive an excellent experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity.
● Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and
maintenance of our product.
● Lead agile software processes for the engineering team and introduce best-in-class industry
● Handle technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while
minimizing production incidents of our operations.
● Experience in hiring and performance management of teams in product based companies.
● Experience in leading engineering teams, including experience in managing engineering managers or
● 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or
services, ideally at a top Consumer Internet company.
● Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of
A service-oriented mentality while driving excellence across the organization.
● Strong organizational skills, both for yourself and the team.
● Business acumen: Proven understanding of business dynamics, goals, and product strategy.
● Knowledge of how Engineering fits into the company's overall business.
● The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, conflicting constraints and shipping high
quality and pragmatic solutions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
● Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
Duties & Responsibilities
Candidate will be responsible for the architectural design, development and continuous improvement of the software and development process. The system involves real-time quote fetching and policy issuance with a deep integration with different insurance company systems.
Work Experience & Skills
- Strong experience in architecting and developing full-stack software systems.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in developing complex, large scale full stack consumer-facing responsive web products.
- Must have experience in Java and at least one Web framework such as Laravel / Django / CodeIgnitor and preferably with at least one JS framework like NodeJS, AngularJS or VueJS.
- Good exposure to few middleware technology tools such as application servers (nGinx, Apache, Tomcat), message queues (Gearman, ActiveMQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka) etc..
- Experience in SOA architecture, micro services and scalable web-services (SOAP & REST) are mandatory.
- Good command & experience on database concepts like RDBMS, NoSQL, data modelling, data normalization etc.
- Prior knowledge of technical documentation techniques like UML diagrams, flow charts, sequence diagram, interaction diagrams etc. is must for the role.
- Experience with Elastic infrastructure solutions / deployment (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos) and CI/CD systems such as Jenkins is required.
- Exposure to Agile & Scrum processes with experience as Scrum Master on Jira or Rally or similar tools is desired.
- Past record of handling cloud hosting services of Amazon, Google or MS Azure for engineering deployments.
B Tech / BE / M Tech / ME or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant fields
Advertising at our client is a fast-growing multi-billion dollar business that spans across desktop, mobile and connected devices; encompasses ads on our clients portal and a vast network of hundreds of thousands of third party publishers; and extends across US, EU and an increasing number of international geographies.The Supply Quality organization in Bangalore has the charter to solve optimization problems for ad programs to ensure high-quality ad-impressions. We develop advanced algorithms and systems to optimize performance for our advertisers and publishers. We are focused on solving a wide variety of problems in computational advertising like traffic quality prediction (robot and fraud detection), Security forensics and research, Viewability prediction, Brand Safety and experimentation. Our team includes experts in the areas of distributed computing, machine learning, statistics, optimization, text mining, information theory and big data systems.
The Supply Quality infrastructure(SQI) team builds large-scale real-time transactional solutions, batch and stream processing systems, internet scale crawling solutions and storage infrastructure. We process bid requests in the orders of tens of billions per day with our real-time, batch and stream processing systems. To handle data at this scale, we use cutting-edge open source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Redis etc.. We are not tied to one technology. Instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. All of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. All our systems need to also implement complex machine learning and optimization algorithms at scale.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to lead a new big-data engineering initiative within SQI. The team will own building highly available, efficient and low latency internet scale infrastructure including web-scale crawler, contextual processing and classification systems that will be used across multiple advertising use cases. As a leader of the team, you will be responsible to evolve the charter of the team, work with stakeholders to set goals and deliver them. To succeed, you need to demonstrate sound technical acumen, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and hire, build, and develop your team. You will be responsible for fostering a culture of engineering excelllence towards delivering cutting-edge solutions that materially improve customer experience.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product life cycles, influence software engineers best practices for your team and own operational metrics
- Work with business leaders and product managers to define product requirements.
- Prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Work with engineers to define technical requirements and architect and execute best-in-class implementations in agile manner
- Build and maintain world-class customer experience and operational excellence for your deliverables
- Hire, manage, mentor and grow a high performance team of Software Engineers
- Strong knowledge on Devsecops (hands on).
- Should have built B2C applications for average 2 billion transactions per annum.
- Built applications with multi tenancy, multi lingual and global deployment.
- 15+ years of experience of building successful production-quality software, with relevant experience from payment gateway for 5yrs.
- Expertise in large-scale multi-tiered systems.
- Expertise in Core Java and JEE, object-oriented design, analysis and design patterns
- Good exposure to JSON based REST services in Java.
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL, Cache, Linux based systems
- Focus on clean high-quality code and solid designs.
- Hands on experience in HLD & LLD.
- Strong hands on knowledge on Devsecops.
- Should have built B2C applications for average 2 billion transactions per annum.
- Built applications with multi tenancy, multi lingual and global deployment.
- Any prior payment industry experience is highly preferable
• 7+ years of experience as an engineer or a lead - solving real-world customer problems
• 3-5 years of experience as a manager - having led high value delivering engineering teams
• BE / B. Tech /M. Tech from a premier institute - preferably in Computer Science
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• The ability to convince, negotiate and work with equally competent and smart stakeholders
• Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our FinTech products
• Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to
• executives and non-technical leaders
- Experience in .Net programming (C#, Web API, LINQ, Entity Framework) : ASP.Net Core & OData will be plus point
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills
- Experience in SQL Server (Creating Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers) : My SQL will be plus point
- Experience in Client-side framework (MVC Pattern) like Angular Js/Knockout/Vue and Kendo controls (or any third party control) will be plus point
- Experience with Source Controls (TFS)
- Experience with Reporting Tools will be an advantage
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies.
- To coordinate with colleagues on maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead one of our key product engineering teams. This role will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be responsible for successful execution of the company's business mission through development of cutting-edge software products and solutions.
- As an owner of the product you will be required to plan and execute the product road map and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
- You will have to collaborate with Product Management and Implementation teams and build a commercially successful product.
- You will be responsible to recruit & lead a team of highly skilled software engineers and provide strong hands on engineering leadership.
- Requirement deep technical knowledge in Software Product Engineering using Java/J2EE, Node.js, React.js, fullstack, NosqlDB, mongodb, cassandra, neo4j, elastic search, kibana, elk, kafka, redis, docker, kubernetes, apache, solr, activemq, rabbitmq, spark, scala, sqoop, hbase, hive, websocket, webcrawler, springboot, etc. is a must
16+ years of experience in Software Engineering with at least 5+ years as an engineering leader in a software product company.
- Hands-on technical leadership with proven ability to recruit high performance talent
- High technical credibility - ability to audit technical decisions and push for the best solution to a problem.
- Experience building E2E Application right from backend database to persistent layer.
- Experience UI technologies Angular, react.js, Node.js or fullstack environment will be preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j, Dynamodb, etc.)
- Elastic Search, Kibana, ELK, Logstash.
- Experience in developing Enterprise Software using Agile Methodology.
- Good understanding of Kafka, Redis, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Solr etc.
- SaaS cloud-based platform exposure.
- Experience on Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Ownership E2E design development and also quality enterprise product/application deliverable exposure
- A track record of setting and achieving high standards
- Strong understanding of modern technology architecture
- Key Programming Skills: Java, J2EE with cutting edge technologies
- Excellent team building, mentoring and coaching skills are a must-have
Five Reasons Why You Should Join Zycus
- Cloud Product Company: We are a Cloud SaaS Company and our products are created by using the latest technologies like ML and AI. Our UI is in Angular JS and we are developing our mobile apps using React.
- A Market Leader: Zycus is recognized by Gartner (world’s leading market research analyst) as a Leader in Procurement Software Suites.
- Move between Roles: We believe that change leads to growth and therefore we allow our employees to shift careers and move to different roles and functions within the organization
- Get a Global Exposure: You get to work and deal with our global customers.
- Create an Impact: Zycus gives you the environment to create an impact on the product and transform your ideas into reality. Even our junior engineers get the opportunity to work on different product features.
Zycus is a pioneer in Cognitive Procurement software and has been a trusted partner of choice for large global enterprises for two decades. Zycus has been consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester, and other analysts for its Source to Pay integrated suite. Zycus powers its S2P software with the revolutionary Merlin AI Suite. Merlin AI takes over the tactical tasks and empowers procurement and AP officers to focus on strategic projects; offers data-driven actionable insights for quicker and smarter decisions, and its conversational AI offers a B2C type user-experience to the end-users.
Zycus helps enterprises drive real savings, reduce risks, and boost compliance, and its seamless, intuitive, and easy-to-use user interface ensures high adoption and value across the organization.
Start your #CognitiveProcurement journey with us, as you are #MeantforMore.
Click here to Apply :
Director of Engineering - Zycus (workable.com) - Bengaluru.
- Build and Lead multiple teams of notch engineers to own, drive & deliver critical parts of our products.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality.
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption.
- Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing front line managers and engineers.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field from Premium Institutes
- 5+ years of work experience in software development and 1-2 years as a leadership role.
- Deep Understanding of enterprise grade technologies.
- Experience in Node.Js, Java, Python tech stack.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to bel responsible for planning, coordinating and leading activities across the full delivery lifecycle, to ensure successful deliveries.
To join us, you need to demonstrate the ability for hands-on leadership and ensure you can offer guidance and support, as well as assisting developers at code level.
As an Engineering Manager in JFrog you will...
- Lead a team of strong developers, working on large-scale, complex and cutting-edge systems
- Managing the development and delivery of complex features from design to production according to product requirements
- Ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely while driving all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Building a strong development team that can work independently and at the same time will collaborate with other international R&D teams
- Coordinate team activities with product managements, support, and other interfaces
To be an Engineering Manager in JFrog you need...
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled development teams, and the ability to lead, coach and influence them
- Deep understanding in Java, Golang, SQL database, Elastic search, K8S and Docker
- Experience in developing scalable, concurrent, low-latency, fault tolerant systems
- Strong track record of leading and managing the delivery of software development projects, meeting key milestones and overcoming challenges
- Previous experience in working with other international R&D, product management and support teams
- Proven knowledge in both architecture and implementation-level software design of high-scale distributed systems
- Ability to manage, track and identify risks, bottlenecks and challenges ahead of time, and oversee technical coordination to resolve them
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, and driven team in a context-switching environment