- 5+ years hands-on experience with designing, deploying and managing core AWS services and infrastructure
- Proficiency in scripting using Bash, Python, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages
- Experience in source control management, specifically with Git
- Hands-on experience in Unix/Linux and bash scripting
- Experience building, managing Helm-based build and release CI-CD pipelines for Kubernetes platforms (EKS, Openshift, GKE)
- Strong experience with orchestration and config management tools such as Terraform, Ansible or Cloudformation
- Ability to debug, analyze issues leveraging tools like App Dynamics, New Relic and Sumologic
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and principles
- Good writing and documentation skills
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work well with core teammates and our colleagues across STS
About Relevance Lab
Mammoth is a data management platform that enables anyone working with data to get to the insights with least friction. The product is lightweight, self-serve, on-demand cloud based (SaaS) analytics solution that takes care of data ingestion, storage, cleansing, transformation, ad hoc analysis and exploration.
Mammoth Analytics is a startup based in London, with offices in Portugal and Bangalore. We are quite open to remote work, but some of us are hardcore office lovers and want to meet in person everyday. You get to choose.
At Mammoth, we are continuing to build the most accessible and powerful data management platform on earth. Our goal is to re-invent the way people view their data. We want to empower the non-technical user with a set of simple but powerful tools to manage data in ways not possible with any other product out in the market today. Read a few blogs at
Hiring additional data engineers is a problem, not a solution. Read it here
- Analytics is broken. It is time for a change. Read it https://medium.com/mammoth-analytics/analytics-is-broken-its-time-for-a-change-eb35a039c9e1" target="_top">here
- Turn multiple incompatible files into a clean master dataset. Read it https://medium.com/mammoth-analytics/turn-multiple-incompatible-files-into-a-clean-master-dataset-1469bced07ef" target="_top">here
- Combine two tables by time series without coding. Read it https://medium.com/mammoth-analytics/combine-two-tables-by-time-series-without-coding-2ec2cd673169" target="_top">here
Some perks: Free lunches, Xbox breaks, stocked kitchen with fruits and juices, beautiful & spacious office in quiet and woody corner of Indira Nagar in Bangalore
Technical Stack at Mammoth
We are on a python based web framework called Pyramid. Bull work however is handled by Celery on multiple postgresql clusters. The stack runs on AWS EC2 machines. The deployments are handled using ansible. We are moving to Dockers and Kubernetes for orchestration. For some of the performance critical pieces we have started working on Rust and plan to grow this competence within the team.
We have been using angularjs so far. Recently started migrating to Vue.js. But its not just the framework. We are also using storybook.js.org quite actively to streamline the design and development collaboration. Our build process uses Webpack.
At Mammoth, we take lot of pride in design thinking. We love engaging ourselves in discussions about the product, use cases, customer work flows, design thoughts, performance, reuse, scale, logging, concurrency, testing, efficient code, practice of programming, design patterns, platform safety, attacks, security, automation, zero downtimes, continuous deployments etc. We engineer these with passion.
Job Description - Devops Engineer
To help us build functional systems that improve customer experience we are now looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. They will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and setup a progressively improved monitoring and alert system that pro-actively catches issue. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Python and Linux, we’d love to speak with you.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems that impact scale, performance and system reliability and engage on required updates
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Keeping continuous tab on AWS budgets, identify cost optimisation strategies and maintain adequate cost-performance-scale balance
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- BSc/B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Proficient with Ansible, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of Ruby and/or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
Role – Sr. Devops Engineer
Location - Bangalore
Experience 5+ Years
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Planning the team structure, activities, and involvement in project management activities.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Incidence management and root cause analysis.
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- 5-6 years of relevant experience in a Devops role.
- Good knowledge in cloud technologies such as AWS/Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes experience (Mandatory) and good knowledge in Docker.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- Good knowledge in complex Debugging mechanisms (especially JVM) and Java programming experience (Mandatory)
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- 2+ years work experience in a DevOps or similar role
- Knowledge of OO programming and concepts (Java, C++, C#, Python)
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g., scripting via Bash, Python, etc)
- Fluency in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Familiarity with Microservice-based architectures
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS)
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures.
- Experience with CI/CD tools Azure DevOps, AWS cloud formation, Lamda functions, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or another cloud PaaS provider.
- Solid understanding of configuration, deployment, management, and maintenance of large cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines
- Effective communication skills
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture.
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments.
- Streamline the software development lifecycle by identifying pain points and productivity barriers and determining ways to resolve them.
- Analyze how customers are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement.
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies.
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Identification and prioritization of technical debt that risks instability or creates wasteful operational toil.
- Own daily operational goals with the team.
- Extensive experience in designing, building & supporting Azure Managed Services Operations.
- Good understanding of Azure IaaS and PaaS services (Azure VMs, App Service, VM Scale set, Storage, Web App, Function App, Logic App, SQL instance, Data factory, Key vault, API management service etc.).
- Good understanding of Azure networking, vNet, NSG, various load balancing services, VPN, Express Route and firewalls in cloud environment.
- Knowledge on Cloud Adoption Framework.
- Hands on Experience in migration of various workloads to Azure from on-prem sources like VMware, Hyper-V, Physical Servers and from other Clouds.
- Knowledge of Azure Backups and ASR (Azure Site Recovery).
- Strong Knowledge on Containerization and Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, AKS).
- Powershell Scripting, Azure CLI, ARM templates writing, setup automation for resources provisioning and other IaC tools like terraform, Ansible is an added advantage.
- Knowledge on Azure automation and Automation Desire State Configuration.
- Knowledge on Azure Devops or GIT Actions on CI/CD pipeline configuration.
- Strong experience in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft based production systems.
- Aspire to learn and be able to pick up latest technical advances in Azure and be able to implement it.
- Certificate on Azure Administrator & Azure Architect has added advantage.
• Previously help a DevOps Engineer or System Engineer role
• 4+ years of production Linux system admin experience in high traffic environment
• 1+ years of experience with Amazon AWS and related services (instances, ELB,
EBS, S3, etc.) and abstractions on top of AWS.
• Strong understanding of network fundamentals, IP and related services (DNS, VPN, firewalls, etc.) and
• Experience in running Docker and Kubernetes clusters in production.
• Love automating mundane tasks and make developers life easy
• Must be able to code in, at a minimum, Python (or Ruby) and Bash.
• Non-trivial production experience with Saltstack and/or Puppet, Composer,Jenkins, GIT
• Agile software development best practices - continuous integration, releases,branches, etc.
• Experience with modern monitoring tools; capacity planning.
• Some experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Node.js, and PHP is a plus.
• Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player with a sense of humor
Experience in managing CI/CD using Jenkins.
You will make an ideal candidate if you have:
Experience of building a range of Services in a Cloud Service provider
Expert understanding of DevOps principles and Infrastructure as a Code concepts and techniques
Strong understanding of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub)
Managed an infrastructure that involved 50+ hosts/network
3+ years of Kubernetes experience & 5+ years of experience in Native services such as Compute (virtual machines), Containers (AKS), Databases, DevOps, Identity, Storage & Security
Experience in engineering solutions on cloud foundation platform using Infrastructure As Code methods (eg. Terraform)
Security and Compliance, e.g. IAM and cloud compliance/auditing/monitoring tools
Customer/stakeholder focus. Ability to build strong relationships with Application teams, cross functional IT and global/local IT teams
Good leadership and teamwork skills - Works collaboratively in an agile environment
Operational effectiveness - delivers solutions that align to approved design patterns and security standards
Experienced in full automation and configuration management
A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilizing appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
Essential Skills :
Demonstrable Cloud service provider experience - infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services including compute, devops, databases, storage & security
Demonstrable experience of Linux administration and scripting preferably Red Hat
Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and continuous testing tools
Experience working within an Agile environment
Server administration (either Linux or Windows)
Automation scripting (using scripting languages such as Terraform, Ansible etc.)
Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools
Required Skills :
Linux & Windows Server Certification
· Having E2E responsibility for Azure landscape of our customers
· Managing to code release and operational tasks within a global team with a focus on automation, maintainability, security and customer satisfaction
· Make usage of CI/CD framework to rapidly support lifecycle management of the platform
· Acting as L2-L3 support for incidents, problems and service request
· Work with various Atos and 3rd party teams to resolve incidents and implement changes
· Implement and drive automation and self-healing solutions to reduce toil
· Enhance error budgets and hands on design and development of solutions to address reliability issues and/or risks
· Support ITSM processes and collaborate with service management representatives
· Azure Associate certification or equivalent knowledge level
· 5+ years of professional experience
· Experience with Terraform and/or native Azure automation
· Knowledge of CI/CD concepts and toolset (i.e. Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Git)
· Must be adaptable to work in a varied, fast paced exciting, ever changing environment
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve technical issues
· Understanding of Agile development and SCRUM concepts a plus
· Experience with Kubernetes architecture and tools a plus
- Cloud and virtualization-based technologies (Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMWare).
- Java Application Server Administration (Weblogic, WidlFfy, JBoss, Tomcat).
- Docker and Kubernetes (EKS)
- Linux/UNIX Administration (Amazon Linux and RedHat).
- Developing and supporting cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding application development teams.
- Configuration Management tools (Chef or Puppet or ansible).
- Log aggregations tools such as Elastic and/or Splunk.
- Automate infrastructure and application deployment-related tasks using terraform.
- Automate repetitive tasks required to maintain a secure and up-to-date operational environment.
- Build and support always-available private/public cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
- Build AWS or other public cloud infrastructure using Terraform.
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes (EKS) based docker applications in AWS.
- Create custom OS images using Packer.
- Create and revise infrastructure and architectural designs and implementation plans and guide the implementation with operations.
- Liaison between application development, infrastructure support, and tools (IT Services) teams.
- Development and documentation of Chef recipes and/or ansible scripts. Support throughout the entire deployment lifecycle (development, quality assurance, and production).
- Help developers leverage infrastructure, application, and cloud platform features and functionality participate in code and design reviews, and support developers by building CI/CD pipelines using Bamboo, Jenkins, or Spinnaker.
- Create knowledge-sharing presentations and documentation to help developers and operations teams understand and leverage the system's capabilities.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- Leverage scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, Python) to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis.
Who we have in mind:
- Solid experience in building a solution on AWS or other public cloud services using Terraform.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge in containerized application and deployment in Kubernetes
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system, RHEL preferred.
- Proficiency with shell scripting.
- Experience with Java application servers.
- Experience with GiT and Subversion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Experience working in a large-scale operational environment.
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals.
- Extensive knowledge of massively scalable systems. Linux operating system/application development desirable.
- Programming in scripting languages such as Python. Other object-oriented languages (C++, Java) are a plus.
- Experience with Configuration Management Automation tools (chef or puppet).
- Experience with virtualization, preferably on multiple hypervisors.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in related fields
- Certificates of training in associated fields/equipment’s
We have grown over 1400% in revenues in the last year.
Interface.ai provides an Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) to FIs to automate calls and customer inquiries across multiple channels and engage their customers with financial insights and upsell/cross-sell.
Our IVA is transforming financial institutions’ call centers from a cost to a revenue center.
Our core technology is built 100% in-house with several breakthroughs in Natural Language Understanding. Our parser is built based on zero-shot learning that helps us to launch industry-specific IVA that can achieve over 90% accuracy on Day-1.
We are 45 people strong with employees spread across India and US locations. Many of them come from ML teams at Apple, Microsoft, and Salesforce in the US along with enterprise architects with over 20+ years of experience building large-scale systems. Our India team consists of people from ISB, IIMs, and many who have been previously part of early-stage startups.
We are a fully remote team.
Founders come from Banking and Enterprise Technology backgrounds with previous experience scaling companies from scratch to $50M+ in revenues.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be in charge of:
- Designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Engaging in cross-functional team discussions on design, deployment, operation, and maintenance, in a fast-moving, collaborative set up
- Building automation scripts to validate the stability, scalability, and reliability of interface.ai’s products & services as well as enhance interface.ai’s employees’ productivity
- Debugging and optimizing code and automating routine tasks
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues (hardware or software), propose and implement solutions to ensure they occur with reduced frequency
- Perform the periodic on-call duty to handle security, availability, and reliability of interface.ai’s products
- You will follow and write good code and solid engineering practices
You can be a great fit if you are :
- Extremely self motivated
- Ability to learn quickly
- Growth Mindset (read this if you don't know what it means - https://www.amazon.com/Mindset-Psychology-Carol-S-Dweck/dp/0345472322" target="_blank">link)
- Emotional Maturity (read this if you don't know what it means - https://medium.com/@krisgage/15-signs-of-emotional-maturity-38b1a2ab9766" target="_blank">link)
- Passionate about the possibilities at the intersection of AI + Banking
- Worked in a startup of 5 to 30 employees
- Developer with a strong interest in systems Design. You will be building, maintaining, and scaling our cloud infrastructure through software tooling and automation.
- 4-8 years of industry experience developing and troubleshooting large-scale infrastructure on the cloud
- Have a solid understanding of system availability, latency, and performance
- Strong programming skills in at least one major programming language and the ability to learn new languages as needed
- Strong System/network debugging skills
- Experience with management/automation tools such as Terraform/Puppet/Chef/SALT
- Experience with setting up production-level monitoring and telemetry
- Expertise in Container management & AWS
- Experience with kubernetes is a plus
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Web sockets, Redis, Postgres, Elastic search, Logstash
- Experience working in an agile team environment and proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Proactive outlook for ways to make our systems more reliable
- Azure Devops - Working experience in Azure yaml pipelines. (Note – Some say they worked in yaml but it’s for Jenkins and not Azure devops)
- Azure – Infrastructure automation using Terraform/ARM templates. (Note – Some say that they worked in terraform but it’s for AWS and not Azure). Please confirm Terraform for Azure infrastructure automation.
- Powershell scripting to automate and deploy .Net applications.