Devops Engineer Position - 3+ years
Kubernetes, Helm - 3+ years (dev & administration)
Monitoring platform setup experience - Prometheus, Grafana
Azure/ AWS/ GCP Cloud experience - 1+ years.
Ansible/Terraform/Puppet - 1+ years
CI/CD - 3+ years
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About Sela Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd
Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
Required Candidate profileLinux
Working knowledge of any webserver eg- NGINX or Apache
- Good experience in AWS services like Elastic Compute Cloud(EC2), IAM, RDS, API Gateway, Cognito, etc.
- Using GIT, SonarQube, Ansible, Nexus, Nagios, etc.
- Strong experience in creating, importing and launching volumes with security groups, auto-scaling, Load Balancers, Fault-tolerant
- Experience in configuring Jenkins job with related Plugins for Building, Testing, and Continuous Deployment to accomplish the complete CI/CD.
This person MUST have:
- Min of 3-5 prior experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Expertise in CI/CD pipeline maintenance and enhancement specifically Jenkins based pipelines.
- Working experience with engineering tools like git, git work flow, bitbucket, JIRA etc
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with CloudFormation/Terraform
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Hands on experience of Linux administration.
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes/Docker orchestration
- Works closely with engineering team for day to day activities
- Manges existing infrastructure/Pipelines/Engineering tools (On Prem or AWS) for engineering team (Build servers/Jenkin nodes etc.)
- Works with engineering team for new config required for infra like replicating the setups, adding new resources etc.
- Works closely with engineering team for improving existing pipelines for build .
- Troubleshoots problems across infrastructure/services
- Min 5-7 year experience
- Remotely, anywhere in India
- 40 hours a week (11 AM to 7 PM).
- Full time/Direct
- We have great benefits such as PF, medical insurance, 12 annual company holidays, 12 PTO leaves per year, annual increments, Diwali bonus, spot bonuses and other incentives etc.
- We dont believe in locking in people with large notice periods. You will stay here because you love the company. We have only a 15 days notice period.
- Cloud and virtualization-based technologies (Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMWare).
- Java Application Server Administration (Weblogic, WidlFfy, JBoss, Tomcat).
- Docker and Kubernetes (EKS)
- Linux/UNIX Administration (Amazon Linux and RedHat).
- Developing and supporting cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding application development teams.
- Configuration Management tools (Chef or Puppet or ansible).
- Log aggregations tools such as Elastic and/or Splunk.
- Automate infrastructure and application deployment-related tasks using terraform.
- Automate repetitive tasks required to maintain a secure and up-to-date operational environment.
- Build and support always-available private/public cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
- Build AWS or other public cloud infrastructure using Terraform.
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes (EKS) based docker applications in AWS.
- Create custom OS images using Packer.
- Create and revise infrastructure and architectural designs and implementation plans and guide the implementation with operations.
- Liaison between application development, infrastructure support, and tools (IT Services) teams.
- Development and documentation of Chef recipes and/or ansible scripts. Support throughout the entire deployment lifecycle (development, quality assurance, and production).
- Help developers leverage infrastructure, application, and cloud platform features and functionality participate in code and design reviews, and support developers by building CI/CD pipelines using Bamboo, Jenkins, or Spinnaker.
- Create knowledge-sharing presentations and documentation to help developers and operations teams understand and leverage the system's capabilities.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- Leverage scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, Python) to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis.
Who we have in mind:
- Solid experience in building a solution on AWS or other public cloud services using Terraform.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge in containerized application and deployment in Kubernetes
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system, RHEL preferred.
- Proficiency with shell scripting.
- Experience with Java application servers.
- Experience with GiT and Subversion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Experience working in a large-scale operational environment.
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals.
- Extensive knowledge of massively scalable systems. Linux operating system/application development desirable.
- Programming in scripting languages such as Python. Other object-oriented languages (C++, Java) are a plus.
- Experience with Configuration Management Automation tools (chef or puppet).
- Experience with virtualization, preferably on multiple hypervisors.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in related fields
- Certificates of training in associated fields/equipment’s
- AWS Cloud, CICD, Serverless setups, Monitoring Setup
- Performance setup, scalability in hands experience, Linux expertise, DevOps Operations
- AWS Cloud, CICD, Serverless setups, Monitoring Setup, Performance setup, scalability in hands experience, Linux expertise, DevOps Operations.
Rules & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and maintain all AWS infrastructure and services within a managed service environment
- Should be able to work on 24 X 7 shifts for support of infrastructure.
- Design, Deploy and maintain enterprise class security, network and systems management applications within an AWS environment
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS managed service environment
- Continual re-evaluation of existing stack and infrastructure to maintain optimal performance, availability and security
- Manage the production deployment and deployment automation
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation
- Institute infrastructure as code, security automation and automation or routine maintenance tasks
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools like docker, Kubernetes
- Build, Deploy and Manage Kubernetes clusters thru automation
- Create and deliver knowledge sharing presentations and documentation for support teams
- Learning on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision
- Work effectively with onsite/offshore teams
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years of experience in IT
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining all AWS infrastructure and services
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS managed service environment
- Continual re-evaluation of existing stack and infrastructure to maintain optimal performance, availability, and security
- Hands-on technical expertise in Security Architecture, automation, integration, and deployment
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes and AWS(IAM, Route53, SSM, S3, EFS, EBS, ELB, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SQS, SNS, RDS, Cloud Formation, DynamoDB)
- Solid understanding of AWS IAM Roles and Policies
- Solid Linux experience with a focus on web (Apache Tomcat/Nginx)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform\Chef\Ansible or similar.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like Microservices, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/TLS, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, HTML
- Experience in managing and working with the offshore teams
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, GitLab CI
- Scripting experience (Python, Bash, etc.)
- AWS, Kubernetes Certification is preferred
- Ability to work with and influence Engineering teams
We are looking for a self motivated and goal oriented candidate to lead in architecting, developing, deploying, and maintaining first class, highly scalable, highly available SaaS platforms.
This is a very hands-on role. You will have a significant impact on Wenable's success.
8+ years SaaS and Cloud Architecture and Development with frameworks such as:
- AWS, GoogleCloud, Azure, and/or other
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Mesos, VMs, and/or similar orchestration, scaling, and deployment frameworks
- ProtoBufs, JSON modeling
- CI/CD utilities like Jenkins, CircleCi, etc..
- Log aggregation systems like Graylog or ELK
- Additional development tools typically used in orchestration and automation like Python, Shell, etc...
- Strong security best practices background
- Strong software development a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills. This role will entail significant coordination both internally and externally.
- Ability to lead projects of blended teams, on/offshore, of various sizes.
- Ability to report to executive and leadership teams.
- Must be data driven, and objective/goal oriented.
Currently, Indus OS has a user base of over 12+ Million on the back of 10+ smartphone brand partnerships with leading OEMs such as Samsung, Gionee, iTel, Micromax, Intex, Karbonn, and others. The Indus platform is available in English & 23 Indian regional languages and is intended to digitally connect the next 1 billion people in the emerging markets.
Indus App Bazaar: Indus also has its very own app market place called Indus App Bazaar with over 400,000 applications. Indus App Bazaar is India's largest indigenous app store available in 12 languages, designed to suit specific requirements of the Indian consumers. The recent partnership with Samsung will see Indus App Bazaar power Samsung's new Galaxy Apps Store in all Samsung Devices. With this partnership, we will be able to reach a user base of over 150 Million by 2021.
Indus OS in News:
Financial Express: http://bit.ly/29FDQg5
Economic Times: http://bit.ly/2ayTvD4
- Developing automation for the various deployments core to our business
- Documenting run books for various processes / improving knowledge bases
- Identifying technical issues, communicating and recommending solutions
- Miscellaneous support (user account, VPN, network, etc)
- Develop continuous integration / deployment strategies
- Production systems deployment/monitoring/optimization
- Management of staging/development environments
What you know :
- Ability to work with a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code/script (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfortable with frequent incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools (Chef, Packer, Ansible, or others)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and bare metal systems
- Experience optimizing infrastructure for high availability and low latencies
- Experience with instrumenting systems for monitoring and reporting purposes
- Well versed in software configuration management systems (git, others)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS or other) and tailoring apps for cloud deployment
- Data management skills
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 2-5 years equivalent experience in systems administration or DevOps roles.
- Work conducted is focused on business outcomes
- Can work in an environment with a high level of autonomy (at the individual and team level)
- Comfortable working in an open, collaborative environment, reaching across functional.
Our Offering :
- True start-up experience - no bureaucracy and a ton of tough decisions that have a real impact on the business from day one.
- The camaraderie of an amazingly talented team that is working tirelessly to build a great OS for India and surrounding markets.
- Awesome benefits, social gatherings etc.
- Work with intelligent, fun and interesting people in a dynamic start-up environment.
Are you the one? Quick self-discovery test:
- Love for the cloud: When was the last time your dinner entailed an act on “How would ‘Jerry Seinfeld’ pitch Cloud platform & products to this prospect” and your friend did the ‘Sheldon’ version of the same thing.
- Passion: When was the last time you went to a remote gas station while on vacation and ended up helping the gas station owner saasify his 7 gas stations across other geographies.
- Compassion for customers: You listen more than you speak. When you do speak, people feel the need to listen.
- Humor for life: When was the last time you told a concerned CEO, ‘If Elon Musk can attempt to take humanity to Mars, why can’t we take your business to run on the cloud?
Your bucket of undertakings:
This position will be responsible to consult with clients and propose architectural solutions to help move & improve infra from on-premise to cloud or help optimize cloud spend from one public cloud to the other.
- Be the first one to experiment on new-age cloud offerings, help define the best practice as a thought leader for cloud, automation & Dev-Ops, be a solution visionary and technology expert across multiple channels.
- Continually augment skills and learn new tech as the technology and client needs evolve
- Use your experience in the Google cloud platform, AWS, or Microsoft Azure to build hybrid-cloud solutions for customers.
- Provide leadership to project teams, and facilitate the definition of project deliverables around core Cloud-based technology and methods.
- Define tracking mechanisms and ensure IT standards and methodology are met; deliver quality results.
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code, and other artifacts
- Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts in the google cloud platform
- Security, Risk, and Compliance - Advise customers on best practices around access management, network setup, regulatory compliance, and related areas.
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate Cloud professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
- Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Confident working with others to inspire a high-quality standard.
- 4-8 years experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Operations domains
- Experience with Linux systems and/OR Windows servers
- Specialize in one or two cloud deployment platforms: AWS, GCP
- Hands on experience with AWS services (EKS, ECS, EC2, VPC, RDS, Lambda, GKE, Compute Engine, API Gateway, AppSync and ServiceMesh)
- Experience in one or more scripting language-Python, Bash
- Good understanding of Apache Web Server, Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB, Nagios
- Logging and Monitoring tools (ELK, Stackdriver, CloudWatch)
- DevOps Technologies (AWS DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Maven)
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Packer
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Is Education overrated? Yes. We believe so. However there is no way to locate you otherwise. So unfortunately we might have to look for a Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering from a reputed institute or you should be programming from 12. And the latter is better. We will find you faster if you specify the latter in some manner. Not just degree, but we are not too thrilled by tech certifications too ... :)
- To reiterate: Passion to tech-awesome, insatiable desire to learn the latest of the new-age cloud tech, highly analytical aptitude and a strong ‘desire to deliver’ outlives those fancy degrees!
- 3-8 years of experience with hands-on experience in Cloud Computing (AWS/GCP) and IT operational experience in a global enterprise environment.
- Good analytical, communication, problem solving, and learning skills.
- Knowledge on programming against cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform and lean development methodologies.