At Egnyte we build and maintain our flagship software: a secure content platform used by companies like Red Bull and Yamaha.
We store, analyze, organize, and secure billions of files and petabytes of data with millions of users. We observe more than 1M API requests per minute on average. To make that possible and to provide the best possible experience, we rely on great engineers. For us, people who own their work from start to finish are integral. Our Engineers are part of the process from design to code, to test, to deployment, and back again for further iterations.
We have 300+ engineers spread across the US, Poland, and India.
You will be part of our DevOps Team working closely with our DBA team in automating, monitoring, and scaling our massive MySQL cluster. Previous MySQL experience is a plus.
Your day-to-day at Egnyte
- Designing, building, and maintaining cloud environments (using Terraform, Puppet or Kubernetes)
- Migrating services to cloud-based environments
- Collaborating with software developers and DBAs to create a reliable and scalable infrastructure for our product.
- 2+ years of proven experience in a DevOps Engineer, System Administrator or Developer role, working on infrastructure or build processes
- Experience with databases (MySQL or Postgress or RDS/Aurora or others)
- Experience with public cloud services (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Good understanding of the Linux Operating System on the administration level
- Preferably you have experience with HA solutions: our tools of choice include Orchestrator, Proxysql, HAProxy, Corosync & Pacemaker, etc.
- Experience with metric-based monitoring solutions (Cloud: CloudWatch/Stackdriver, On-prem: InfluxDB/OpenTSDB/Prometheus)
- Drive to grow as a DevOps Engineer (we value open-mindedness and a can-do attitude)
Egnyte provides secure Enterprise File Sharing and Content Governance built from the Cloud down. Access, Share and Control 100% of your data from anywhere using any smartphone, tablet or computer.
Egnyte store billion of files and petabytes of data and we are looking for help to take the platform used by millions of users to the next level of scale. Autonomy and ownership is integral to our culture and engineers own one or more services end to end.
We’re looking for Engineers and they should be able to take a complex problem and work with product managers, devops and other team members to execute end to end.
Position: Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure Cloud Infra & Application deployments)
Hiring a Senior
DevOps engineer having 2 to 5 years of experience.
Strong Programming experience in PowerShell and batch
Strong expertise in Azure DevOps, GitLab, CI/CD, Jenkins and
Git Actions, Azure Infrastructure.
experience in configuring infrastructure and Deployments application in
Kubernetes, docker & Helm charts, App Services, Server less, SQL database, Cloud
services and Container deployment.
Integration, deployment, and version control (Git/ADO).
Strong experience in managing and configuring RBAC, managed identity and
security best practices for cloud environments.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with agile development process.
Good analytical skills
various design and architecture patterns.
Work with modern frameworks and design patterns.
Experience with cloud applications Azure/AWS. Should have experience in developing solutions and plugins and should have used XRM Toolbox/ToolKit.
Exp in Customer Portal and Fetchxml and Power Apps and Power Automate is good to have.
Numerator is looking for an experienced, talented and quick-thinking DevOps Manager to join our team and work with the Global DevOps groups to keep infrastructure up to date and continuously advancing. This is a unique opportunity where you will get the chance to work on the infrastructure of both established and greenfield products. Our technology harnesses consumer-related data in many ways including gamified mobile apps, sophisticated web crawling and enhanced Deep Learning algorithms to deliver an unmatched view of the consumer shopping experience.
As a member of the Numerator DevOps Engineering team, you will make an immediate impact as you help build out and expand our technology platforms from on-premise to the cloud across a wide range of software ecosystems. Many of your daily tasks and engagement with applications teams will help shape how new projects are delivered at scale to meet our clients demands.
This role requires a balance between hands-on infrastructure-as-code deployments with application teams as well as working with Global DevOps Team to roll out new initiatives.
What you will get to do
Nice to have
- Implement IAM policies and configure VPCs to create a scalable and secure network for the application workloads
- Will be client point of contact for High Priority technical issues and new requirements
- Should act as Tech Lead and guide the junior members of team and mentor them
- Work with client application developers to build, deploy and run both monolithic and microservices based applications on AWS Cloud
- Analyze workload requirements and work with IT stakeholders to define proper sizing for cloud workloads on AWS
- Build, Deploy and Manage production workloads including applications on EC2 instance, APIs on Lambda Functions and more
- Work with IT stakeholders to monitor system performance and proactively improve the environment for scale and security
- Prefer to have at least 5+ years of IT experience implementing enterprise applications
- Should be AWS Solution Architect Associate Certified
- Must have at least 3+ years of working as a Cloud Engineer focused on AWS services such as EC2, CloudFront, VPC, CloudWatch, RDS, DynamoDB, Systems Manager, Route53, WAF, API Gateway, Elastic beanstalk, ECS, ECR, Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3 bucket, Elastic Search, DocumentDB IAM, etc.
- Must have a strong understanding of EC2 instances, types and deploying applications to the cloud
- Must have a strong understanding of IAM policies, VPC creation, and other security/networking principles
- Must have through experience in doing on prem to AWS cloud workload migration
- Should be comfortable in using AWS and other migrations tools
- Should have experience is working on AWS performance, Cost and Security optimisation
- Should be experience in implementing automated patching and hardening of the systems
- Should be involved in P1 tickets and also guide team wherever needed
- Creating Backups and Managing Disaster Recovery
- Experience in using Infra as a code automation using scripts & tools like CloudFormation and Terraform
- Any exposure towards creating CI/CD pipelines on AWS using CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, etc. is an advantage
- Experience with Docker, Bitbucket, ELK and deploying applications on AWS
- Good understanding of Containerisation technologies like Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Should be experience in using and configuring cloud monitoring tools and ITSM ticketing tools
- Good exposure to Logging & Monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, ELF/EFK
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our client's most complex challenges. We are inquisitive minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 28 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open-source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. You will leverage deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess your team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
About the role:
Infrastructure Developers take a multifaceted approach to helping clients achieve technical excellence by assessing challenges from both a technical and operational perspective. As consummate ‘bringers of knowledge,' they take extra care to ensure their team and client understand operational requirements and take a shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure that delivers and runs software services. They also help customers adopt a DevOps mindset, breaking away from static, more traditional ways of working and pivoting to a more customer-focused and agile approach.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will launch projects through hands-on implementation, evaluate and drive improvements to existing infrastructure
- You will listen to a client's needs and formulate a technical roadmap and impactful solution that will support their ambitious business goals
- Help shape and build Thoughtworks' cloud and infrastructure practice through collaboration with business development, marketing and capabilities development teams
- Ensure and build the controls and processes for continuous delivery of applications, considering all stages of the process and its automations
- Monitor and ensure that technical expectations of deliverables are consistently met on projects
- Act as a thought leader—at client sites and at Thoughtworks—on DevOps, cloud and infrastructure engineering
- Establish trusting and thoughtful partnerships with a client's CIO, CTO and relevant teams
- Adjust and suggest innovative solutions to current constraints and business policies
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You can design and architect enterprise and/or web-scale hosting platforms and can seamlessly administer application servers, web servers and databases
- You have a deep understanding of cloud and virtualization platforms, infrastructure automation and application hosting technologies
- You understand DevOps philosophy, Agile methods, Infrastructure as Code to your work and lead infrastructure and operations with these approaches
- You have a history working with server virtualisation, IaaS and PaaS cloud, Infrastructure provisioning and configuration management tools
- You can write scripts using at least one scripting language and are comfortable with building Linux and/or Windows servers systems
- Experience with continuous integration tools with different tech stacks, web or mobile
- You've previously worked with monitoring systems for stress and performance testing with Observability Pattern: Distributed Tracing/ OpenTracing, Log Aggregation, Audit Logging, Exception Tracking, Health Check API, Application MetricS, Self-Healing/Multi-Cloud
- Bonus points if you have experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- You genuinely enjoy interacting with teammates from across the business and have a knack for communicating technical concepts to nontechnical audiences
- You love creating robust, scalable, flexible and relevant solutions that help transform businesses and industries
- You're comfortable partnering directly with infrastructure technicians, support and network analysts, security analysts, system administrators and/or IT managers to design technical strategies while simultaneously collaborating with senior IT groups in an advisory capacity
Other things to know-
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to supporting our employees in their career journeys.
Looking for an experienced candidate with strong development and programming experience, knowledge preferred-
- Cloud computing (i.e. Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Coming from a strong development background and has programming experience with Java and/or NodeJS (other programming languages such as Groovy/python are a big bonus)
- Proficient with Unix systems and bash
- Proficient with git/GitHub/GitLab/bitbucket
- Experience in any scripting language (Phyton, Shell Scripting, Java Script)
- NGINX / Load Balancer
- Splunk / ETL tools
Numerator is a data and technology company reinventing market research. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Numerator has 1,600 employees worldwide. The company blends proprietary data with advanced technology to create unique insights for the market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients.
What We Do and How?
We are a market research company, revolutionizing how it's done! We mix fast paced development and unique approaches to bring best practices and strategy to our technology. Our tech stack is deep, leveraging several languages and frameworks including Python, C#, Java, Kotlin, React, Angular, and Django among others. Our engineering hurdles sit at the intersection of technologies ranging from mobile, computer vision and crowdsourcing, to machine learning and big data analytics.
From San Francisco to Chicago to Ottawa, our R&D team is comprised of talented individuals spanning across a robust tech stack. The R&D team is comprised of product, data analytics, engineers across Front End, Back End, DevOps, Business Intelligence, ETL, Data Science, Mobile Apps, and much more. Across these different groups we work towards one common goal: To build products into efficient and seamless user experiences that help our clients succeed.
Numerator is looking for a Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity where you will get a chance to work with an established and rapidly evolving platforms that handles millions of requests and massive amounts of data. In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to automate, enhance, maintain, and scale services in a rapidly-scaling SaaS environment.
As a member of our team, you will make an immediate impact as you help build out and expand our technology platforms across several software products. This is a fast-paced role with high growth, visibility, impact, and where many of the decisions for new projects will be driven by you and your team from inception through production.
Some of the technologies we frequently use include: Terraform, Ansible, SumoLogic, Kubernetes, and many AWS-native services.
• Develop and test the cloud infrastructure to scale a rapidly growing ecosystem.
• Monitor and improve DevOps tools and processes, automate mundane tasks, and improve system reliability.
• Provide deep expertise to help steer scalability and stability improvements early in the life-cycle of development while working with the rest of the team to automate existing processes that deploy, test, and lead our production environments.
• Train teams to improve self-healing and self-service cloud-based ecosystems in an evolving AWS infrastructure.
• Build internal tools to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency.
• Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services like Kubernetes, Sumologic, Prometheus, Grafana.
• Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network, and application.
• Work cross-functionally with various teams to improve Numerator’s infrastructure through automation.
• Work with other teams to assist with issue resolutions related to application configuration, deployment, or debugging.
• Lead by example and evangelize DevOps best practice within other engineering teams at Numerator.
Skills & Requirements
What you bring
• A minimum of 3 years of work experience in backend software, DevOps, or a related field.
• A passion for software engineering, automation and operations and are excited about reliability, availability and performance.
• Availability to participate in after-hours on-call support with your fellow engineers.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset combined with experience troubleshooting large scale systems.
• Fundamental knowledge in networking; operating systems; package build system (IP subnets and routing, ACL’s, Core Ubuntu, PIP and NPM).
• Experience with automation technologies to build, deploy and integrate both infrastructure and applications (e.g., Terraform, Ansible).
• Experience using scripting languages like Python and *nix tools (Bash, sed/awk, Make).
• You enjoy developing and managing real-time distributed platforms and services that scale billions of requests.
• Have the ability to manage multiple systems across stratified environments.
• A deep enthusiasm for the Cloud and DevOps and keen to get other people involved.
• Experience with scaling and operationalizing distributed data stores, file systems and services.
• Running services in AWS or other cloud platforms, strong experience with Linux systems.
• Experience in modern software paradigms including cloud applications and serverless architectures.
• You look ahead to identify opportunities and foster a culture of innovation.
• BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Nice to haves
• Previous experience working with a geographically distributed software engineering team.
• Experience working with Jenkins or Circle-CI
• Experience with storage optimizations and management
• Solid understanding of building scalable, highly performant systems and services
• Expertise with big data, analytics, machine learning, and personalization.
• Start-up or CPG industry experience
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we’d love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
Disclaimer: We do not charge any fee for employment and the same applies to the Recruitment Partners who we work with. Numerator is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit. Additionally, we do not ask for any refundable security deposit to be paid in bank accounts for employment purposes. We request candidates to be cautious of misleading communications and not pay any fee/ deposit to individuals/ agencies/ employment portals on the pretext of attending Numerator interview process or seeking employment with us. These would be fraudulent in nature. Anyone dealing with such individuals/agencies/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Role and responsibilities
- Expertise in AWS (Most typical Services),Docker & Kubernetes.
- Strong Scripting knowledge, Strong Devops Automation, Good at Linux
- Hands on with CI/CD (CircleCI preferred but any CI/CD tool will do). Strong Understanding of GitHub
- Strong understanding of AWS networking and. Strong with Security & Certificates.
- Involved in Product Engineering
We are looking for people with programming skills in Python, SQL, Cloud Computing. Candidate should have experience in at least one of the major cloud-computing platforms - AWS/Azure/GCP. He should professioanl experience in handling applications and databases in the cloud using VMs and Docker images. He should have ability to design and develop applications for the cloud.
You will be responsible for
- Leading the DevOps strategy and development of SAAS Product Deployments
- Leading and mentoring other computer programmers.
- Evaluating student work and providing guidance in the online courses in programming and cloud computing.
Qualifications: Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python, SQL,
- Cloud Computing
2+ years of programming experience including Python, SQL, and Cloud Computing. Familiarity with command line working environment.
Note: A strong programming background, in any language and cloud computing platform is required. We are flexible about the degree of familiarity needed for the specific environments Python, SQL. If you have extensive experience in one of the cloud computing platforms and less in others you should still, consider applying.
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; including the ability to explain the concepts to others.
- A strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, and their performance characteristics.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population would also be desirable.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
Must Have Skills
- AWS Solutions Architect and/or DevOps certification, Professional preferred
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
- Hands-on technical expertise on Amazon Web Services (AWS) to include but not limited to EC2, VPC, IAM, Security groups, ELB/NLB/ALB, Internet gateway, S3, EBS and EFS.
- Experience in migration-deployment of applications to Cloud, re-engineering of application for cloud, setting up OS and app environments in virtualized cloud
- DevOps automation, CI/CD, infrastructure/services provisioning, application deployment and configuration
- DevOps toolsets to include Ansible, Jenkins and XLdeploy, XLrelease
- Scripting in Shell (bash) and Extensive Python
- Agile software development
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills, presentation, and collaboration skills - Team leadership skills
- Linux (RHEL) administration/engineering
- Deploying, configuring, and supporting large scale monolithic and microservices based SaaS applications
- Working as both an infrastructure and application migration specialist
- Identifying and documenting application requirements for network, F5, IAM, and security groups
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Work with Technology leadership to understand business goals and requirements
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience with configuration management platforms
- Writing and diagnosing issues with complex shell scripts
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems