GaragePlug is one of the fastest-growing Automotive tech startups working towards revolutionising the automotive aftermarket industry with strong state-of-the-art technologies.
Position: Backend Developer (Java Spring Boot)
As we plan to grow, we have many challenges to solve. Some of the new features and products that are already in the pipeline include advanced analytics, search, reporting etc., to name a few. Our present backend is based on the microservices architecture built using Spring Boot. With growing complexity, we are open to using other tools and technologies as needed.
We are looking for a talented and motivated engineer to join our fleet and help us solve real-world problems in this exciting field. Join us and share the dream of building the next generation online platform for the Auto industry.
Experience: 1+ years of experience
What you'll do :
- End to end systems development
- Ownership of complete systems from development to production and maintenance
- Infrastructure management on AWS
- Technologies you'll use :
- Microservices, AWS, Java, Spring-boot
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Gradle / Maven
- Any cool piece of technology that you can bring onboard.
What you are :
- You love technology and are always open to learning new tools
- You are a self-starter
- You are proficient in Java, SQL
- You have good knowledge of Databases: RDBMS/Document
- You have worked with server technologies: Spring / Dropwizard / Tomcat/Spring Boot
- You have a good understanding of REST API design
- You believe in clean and maintainable code
Location Fully Remote / Bangalore
Apply through this link
GaragePlug is a transportation cloud-based platform that assists service organizations in increasing their operational efficiency and creating a memorable customer experience that will win a client for life. Specifically, GaragePlug helps these organizations win customers for life by providing them with an unforgettable experience.
It was established in 2017 by seasoned professionals in the automotive business, and it is now being supported and extended by hundreds of industry experts. Its one-of-a-kind digital customer engagement and operations management system was developed with careful consideration given to all of the potential obstacles that a company that provides automotive service may face. Currently relied on by hundreds of enterprises across more than 12 countries, GaragePlug is rapidly growing internationally!
• Research, design and build highly reliable, available and scalable solutions that can
handle Millions of API calls across systems.
• Own large technical deliverables and execute in a structured manner, complete ownership
of functional Services that your team is responsible for.
• Take the accountability of the overall health of the products you build and predictability
of the deliverables of your team.
• Platformism components as libraries, utilities and service and promote reuse.
• Be able to conceptualize and develop prototypes quickly.
• Ability to take ownership of projects under the guidance of your mentor.
• Must be an excellent problem solver.
• Must be familiar with one of the languages Java, Spring, Hibernate, microservices etc.
object-oriented high level proprietary or open-source language with strong programming
• Solid understanding of DS and algorithms, OOP concepts, and MVC architecture.
Looking for candidates only with tier 1 colleges OR have experience in a product-based company.
Desired Skills :
● Experience with data modeling and SQL/NoSQL databases
● Experience with distributed systems and microservices
● Good experience in working with any of Java/SpringBoot, GoLang or NodeJS
● Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
● Passionate about the experience of software engineering as much as the output
● A strong sense of ownership
● Ability to communicate your ideas and approach to solving problems with clarity
Preferred Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Mathematics, Statistics or related technical field or equivalent practical experience. Relevant experience of at least 3 years in lieu of above if from a different stream of education.
Well-versed in and 5+ years of hands-on demonstrable experience with:
▪ Object Oriented Modeling, Design, & Programming
▪ Microservices Architecture, API Design, & Implementation
▪ Relational, Document, & Graph Data Modeling, Design, & Implementation
Well-versed in and hands-on demonstrable experience with:
▪ Stream & Batch Big Data Pipeline Processing
▪ Distributed Cloud Native Computing
▪ Serverless Computing & Cloud Functions
5+ years of hands-on development experience in Java programming.
3+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more libraries & frameworks such as Spring Boot, Apache Camel, Akka, etc.;
extra points if you can demonstrate your knowledge with working examples.
2+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more Relational and NoSQL datastores such as Amazon S3, Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon Elasticsearch Service, Amazon Aurora, AWS DynamoDB, Amazon Athena, etc.
2+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more technologies such as Amazon Simple Queue Service, Amazon Kinesis, Apache Kafka, AWS Lambda, AWS Batch, AWS Glue, AWS Step Functions, Amazon API Gateway, etc.
2+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more technologies such as AWS Developer Tools, AWS Management & Governance, AWS Networking and Content Delivery, AWS Security, Identity, and Compliance, etc.
Well-versed in Virtualization & Containerization; must demonstrate experience in technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, Docker, OpenShift, Anthos, Oracle VirtualBox, Vagrant, etc.
Well-versed with demonstrable working experience with API Management, API Gateway, Service Mesh, Identity & Access Management, Data Protection & Encryption.
Hands-on experience with demonstrable working experience with DevOps tools and platforms viz., Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Code Quality & Security Plugins, Maven, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Spinnaker, etc.
Well-versed with Storage, Networks and Storage Networking basics which will enable you to work in a Cloud environment.
Experience : 5+Years
Job Location : Remote/Pune
- 2+ year of experience in Development in JAVA technology.
- Strong Java Basics
- SpringBoot or Spring MVC
- Hands on experience on Relationl Databases (SQL query or Hibernate) + Mongo (JSON parsing)
- Proficient in REST API development
- Messaging Queue (RabitMQ or Kafka)
- Any Caching Mechanism
- Good at problem solving
- 4+ years of experience in using Java/J2EE tech stacks
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced internet start-up environment.
- Experience in technical mentorship/coaching is highly desirable.
- Understanding of AI/ML algorithms is a plus.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle all the way to production
- Write good design, testable, efficient code
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting them for architectural review
- Ask questions! Ask and challenge with suggestions and idea
What Will Make You Successful
- Degree in computer sciences, coding, or a related field
- At least 4 years' experience in Java-based programming
- Significant coding skills in Java
- Significant experience with Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Elasticsearch frameworks
- Significant experience with SpringBoot related frameworks
- Significant experience with Kubernetes
- Significant experience with HELM charts
- Experience with Databases
- Experience with Linux
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Experience with performance investigation and improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with a team and independently
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proven working experience in backend app development and experience with Node JS.
- Build advanced ecommerce backend applications for the multiple client platforms (both React and Android).
- Understanding of design principles and good architecture patterns.
- Proper Data Structures and Algorithm knowledge is a must.
- Graph QL and Apollo Server knowledge.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features. Work with outside data sources and APIs like the one of Unicommerce.
- Create Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Have a good understanding of CI/CD tools (any).
- Robust knowledge of popular databases like MongoDB, Elastic Search, DynamoDB, Redis etc;
- Knowledge about AWS Services like EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift, S3 is super plus.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE
- Node JS.
- Data Structures and Algorithm
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Graph QL and Apollo Server
- MongoDB, Elastic Search, DynamoDB, Redis
- AWS Services like EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift, S3
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organisational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours
● Partner with the product/business teams to understand the product features and
specifications, translate them into high level and low-level design
● Participate in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
● Develop back-end components, services, and APIs. Support integration of user-
facing elements, and collaborate closely with the design and front-end development
● Write elegant, effective, and scalable code while maintaining the highest level of
● Take ownership of the work and ensure timely deliveries
● Drive innovation in product development, while relentlessly improving performance,
scalability, and maintainability
● Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a minimum of 2-4 years of
experience in backend development
● 1+ experience as a Java Developer, with strong knowledge of Java web frameworks
like Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc. and experience working in Microservices
● Hands-on experience of working with Linux/Unix platform
● Strong knowledge of SQL and RDBMS like PostgreSQL/MySQL etc.
● Experience in - Python, Git
● Strong technical aptitude and good knowledge of CS fundamentals
● Sound knowledge and application of algorithms and data structures with space and
● Strong design skills involving data modelling and low-level class design
● Follow industry coding standards and responsible for writing maintainable, scalable,
and efficient code to solve business problems
Good to have
● B. Tech./M. Tech. in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed college
● Prior experience working in a startup environment
● Experience in setting up an entire product from scratch
1. Be a visible leader to drive and own the architecture and design of some of the most advanced & complex software systems / products in the industry to create company wide impact
2. Design systems that can scale to billions of data records in micro service architecture
3. Design and develop full stack product features based on customer and business requirements
4. Be an operational and technical leader with a passion for distributed systems, cloud service development, deployment and delivery
5. Technically Hands-on with scalable Architecture managing team of (30+) Sr. Engineers / Engineers, and coaching mentoring while maintaining a hands-on role with code development
6. Drive code and design reviews of components / systems / products in scope and drives the architectural governance for them
7. Set directional paths for the teams/department for adoption of new technology stacks for solving business problems
8. Be a very visible representative of multiple technology domains and represent Salesken in external technical forums
9. Teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
10. Bring in software engineering life cycle best practice
11. Analytical and problem-solving skills
Desired Candidate Profile
1. Strong Java, Java 8 including OOAD design patterns
2. A solid engineer with must have knowledge and experience of Micro services design, security designs, and best practices
3. Excellent knowledge and skills in the areas of Java, Spring Boot, JSP/Servlet, J2EE design patterns, App server & Web servers
4. Strong hands-on technology experience building and running large scale systems handling multi-million sessions/transactions per day
5. Excellent knowledge of RDBMS, NoSQL databases like MySQL and Cassandra
6. Strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products
7. Excellent programming skills in Java and expertise in multi-threading and performance oriented programming
8. Sound knowledge of cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, Azure, etc
9. Solid experience in Distributed systems, highly scalable products, performance & reliability
10. Excellent understanding of processing platforms and queues
11. Excellent understanding of standard protocols such as HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SSL, etc
12. Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java