Senior Software Engineer - Backend: Innovation Accelerator
Cloudera is looking for a passionate Backend Software Engineer to play a key role in advancing Cloudera’s database offerings across multiple cloud providers. Since its origin, Cloudera has enabled several enterprise organizations to effectively manage and use their data using the on-premise infrastructure. We are now building software solutions that enable our customers to leverage cloud infrastructure to facilitate their growing data needs, and thereby accelerating Cloudera’s next stage of growth.
At Cloudera, our culture, our ethos, is centered on our values. We're here not only because we're experts at what we do, but also because we hold these values in common.
We are always moving forward. We believe in open. We are empathetic. We believe in We.
The team is a new and growing Innovation Accelerator that is exploring new ideas to expand the business. As part of the team, you will work on innovative projects that are fast paced and iterate quickly. You will learn about the modern data stack ecosystem. You will also be involved in every stage of the project - from ideation to delivering products and features to customers. Cloudera customers include the largest banks, telecom providers, and companies in pharma, financial services, retail, manufacturing, oil and gas and government.
Build robust and scalable data infrastructure software
Design and create services and system architecture for your projects
Contribute to and provide feedback to other team members
Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and code reviews
Brainstorm and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
Work with product, design, customer-success teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate those into effective technical solutions
Dive into challenging technical problems and successfully deliver results
And since we believe in high quality software engineering environments, you likely have:
Worked with a team of designers/engineers who reviewed each other's code/designs and held each other to an extremely high bar for quality of code/designs
Be comfortable providing estimates and sticking to estimates!
Written unit tests and testable code
Depended on continuous integration, and participated in build and release processes
Own the quality of the code you wrote even (especially!) when it is running in production
Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field/experience
5+ years of experience building software
Experience building distributed systems/databases
Experience with one or more of the following:
Nodejs, Python, java
Cloud services like Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Platform, Microsoft Azure
About the company- FPL Technologies
Credit cards haven't changed much for over half a century so our team of seasoned bankers, technologists, and designers set out to redefine the credit card for you - the consumer. The result is OneCard - a credit card reimagined for the mobile generation. OneCard is India's best metal credit card built with full-stack tech. It is backed by the principles of simplicity, transparency, and giving back control to the user.
The Engineering Challenge
“Re-imaging credit and payments from First Principles”
Payments is an interesting engineering challenge in itself with requirements of low latency, transactional guarantees, security, and high scalability. When we add credit and engagement into the mix, the challenge becomes even more interesting with underwriting and recommendation algorithms working on large data sets. We have eliminated the current call center, sales agent, and SMS-based processes with a mobile app that puts the customers in complete control. To stay agile, the entire stack is built on the cloud with modern technologies.
Check out our apps here:
OneCard (Best credit card app) : www.getonecard.app
OneScore (Over 10 million downloads): www.onescore.app
JD- Senior Software Engineer – Backend
Create a consumer facing credit card product that will be used by millions of users.
What you will do:
- Be a part of our backend for frontend/ credit card processing engineering teams to build the best homegrown credit card stack.
- Partner with the product teams to understand the product features and specifications, translate them into high level and low-level design.
- Work with frontend and backend developers to build out a customer-centric experience that will constantly evolve.
- Respond to support team tickets as needed to resolve bugs and issues.
- Participate in contributing ideas, updates, and product development areas to the team.
5- 7 years with technical hands-on experience in building large-scale B2C applications catering to millions of users. Previous experience in building scalable products is a must.
- Strong insight into Java programming language (Class loading, Memory Management, Transactions, Executors, Lambdas and Streams).
- Experience in distributed technologies, real-time, high throughput and low latency systems.
- Hands-on prior experience with scalable Cloud based architectures.
- Experience in one or more frameworks like Spring is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in data structures & algorithms.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Any experience in payments is a plus.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for hands-on coders who love what they do, have high attention to detail and are looking for challenging opportunities which involve building products from scratch. Someone who is proactive, and always keen to learn.
What will you be doing?
On a daily basis, some of your work will involve but is not limited to:
- Write clean, secure, and well-tested code
- Build tools and integrate systems to scale the effectiveness of the product
Work Culture at Merge:
Commitment to excellence - In every output, we produce as individuals and as a company, we have to strive for world-class quality. We’re making a change in the world. It will push us out of our comfort zones. We operate in a rapidly changing market and strive to deliver high-quality products faster than anyone else.
We get it done - We take ownership of what we do. Working here is about really, truly owning everything you do. There’s no such thing as “Not my job.” If you see a problem that needs solving, you can – and should – be the one to solve it
Skills That Will Help You Excel At Merge
- You have 2 to 5 years of experience building highly reliable and scalable backend systems
- Experience in two or more languages. Go, Node.js, Python, or Java would be ideal.
- You have experience in high-throughput distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with AWS and CI/CD workflow
- Driven, and passionate about building products
- You take ownership of your code
- You have good communication skills in English
- You are familiar with security best practices
Good to have:
API Integrations with UI Layer
- Expert understanding of core programming concepts in common programming languages, with Java the key language of choice.
- Experience with any version control tool is required. GIT would be preferable.
- Understanding of software testing techniques and tools.
- Expert understanding of technical architectural principles.
- SQL and N0-SQL knowledge a must across various DB solutions.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies, with experience of leading sprint teams.
- Exposure to more modern techniques using containers to host application services useful
Technical Skills – Required:
Java11, Spring, Hibernate, Messaging (ideally RabbitMQ), Git, Maven, Continuous integration(TeamCity), Agile Scrum, JSON, WebServices; Intellij
AngularJS, Karma, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Mongo, Kafka,
Business Analysis Experience:
- Gather business requirements, business process flows in designing and preparing new systems/solutions.
- Ensure requirements have NFR’s and take into account the technical constraints of the platform
- Ensure proper documentation created as appropriate
- Contribute to the creation of a clear vision for end product/system
- Function as an interface between business/function user groups and IT.
- Perform analysis on business problems and requirements to determine source and develop options/alternatives. Makes and implements recommendations as well as alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal (any additional languages are a bonus but not a necessity)
- Break down requirements into epics and user stories and work closely with stakeholders (mainly with product owner) to define acceptance criteria
- Work with development teams to understand the requirements and tasks required to deliver them
- Own communication with senior business users and stakeholders
- Assist with quality assurance testing
- Collect client feedback from User Acceptance Testing and document issues for the development team
- Coordinate and manage requirements capture, and review workshops with multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain feature documentation
We are looking for a Java/Full stack Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Java developer responsibilities include designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
Experience : 2+ years
Location : Work from Home (full time)
Notice Period : 0 to 30 days ( Immediate joiners are preferred)
Roles & Responsibilities :
(This role encompassing both API engineering using Java stack and web development. Experience in designing, developing, testing and successfully deploying critical and complex projects.)
Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
Write well designed, testable, efficient code
Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
Prepare and produce releases of software components
Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Required Skill set :
Java background with a minimum of 2 years experience in Java technologies.
Experience in designing and developing application backend using frameworks like Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Jersey, JPA, Hibernate, SQL, Linux, JSON, XML, OAuth etc.
Experience with both SQL and NoSQL database systems and writing SQL queries
Strong experience building, designing, and consuming Restful web services.
Exposure of Cloud Infrastructure - AWS and Alibaba Cloud
Excellent understanding of ORM and Database concepts
Experience with developing unit test code using JUNIT, Power Mock/EasyMock/Mockito etc.
Experience with Git, Maven and CI/CD pipelines to deploy on Cloud applications
Experience & knowledge on Micro services Architecture and API development using Java, spring, Spring Boot
Experienced in roles conducting requirements gathering, writing user stories, creating application design and using design patterns
Good knowledge on credentials/secrets management and data encryption techniques
Good knowledge on coding standards, design patterns, unit testing.
Good hands - on BitBucket/Github is preferred.
Position: Software Developer (Golang Developer) Requirements
Work experience between 2 years to 6 years in building large scale high user traffic consumer facing applications.
Extremely proficient at writing performant, scalable and production ready code in Golang (comfortable with concepts like lambda, streams, multithreading etc)
Should be at ease with writing neat and maintainable code.
Experience with NoSQL DBs like MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis is required. Knowledge
of graph DBs like Neo4j is preferred.
Strong in algorithms, problem solving and data structures.
Knowledge of TDD and experience with building applications integrated with CI-CD
pipelines (automated build, tests and deployments).
Exposure to micro-services with good understanding of logging and monitoring. Inter
services communication. Should know how to handle multiple versions of APIs.
Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is desirable.
Willing to work in a fast paced Startup.
What are we looking for:
We’re looking for a deeply skilled Senior Software Developer to work closely with the product and the open source community to build the Coredge.io vision. You'll join a highly collaborative team working along with talented engineers focusing to be the best in Cloud native ecosystem.
About the Organisation:
The team at Coredge.io is a combination of experienced and young professionals alike having many years of experience in working with Edge computing, Telecom application development and Kubernetes. The company has continuously collaborated with the open source community, universities and major industry players in furthering its goal of providing the industry with an indispensable tool to offer improved services to its customers. Coredge.io has a global market presence with its offices in US and New Delhi, India.
2. Can do tech design and understand complex architecture
3. Follow best coding practices
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team and drive the technology growth of our pay later platform. At Rely, we want passionate and talented individuals that want a challenge building the next generation payment products for Millennials across Asia. Together we will build the best products using amazing technology.
What will you do
- Design and implement business critical, high performance large scale services.
- Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams (Data, UX, QA etc.) on planning and execution.
- Continuously improve code quality, product execution and customer delight.
- Proactively manage stakeholder communication related to deliverables, risks, changes and dependencies.
- Building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments.
- Lead team members on functional and nonfunctional requirements and spread goals across the team.
What will you need
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with python and a backend framework (ideally django)
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying applications large scale applications in any language or stack
- Experience working with high scale distributed systems.
- Practical knowledge of scalable software design.
- Good working knowledge of AWS
- Proficient with APIs, web protocols, OAuth, git.
- Ability to understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Well versed with Lean methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation.
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services.
- Willingness to learn new languages and methodologies.
What would be a bonus
- Experience in production environments with large data sets
- Experience in scaling systems to millions of users.
- Work experience in a fast-growth startup
- Experience in DevOps tools but not limited to Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in Gunicorn and Nginx