About Shaw Academy
Location: Ahmedabad / Pune
InFoCusp is a company working in the broad field of Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Artificial Intelligence (AI). It is headquartered in Ahmedabad, India, having a branch office in Pune.
We have worked on / are working on Software Engineering projects that touch upon making full-fledged products. Starting from UI/UX aspects, responsive and blazing fast front-ends, platform specific applications (Android, iOS, web-applications, desktop applications), very large scale infrastructure, cutting edge machine learning, deep learning (AI in general). The projects / products have wide ranging applications in finance, healthcare, e-commerce, legal, HR/recruiting, pharmaceutical, leisure sports and computer gaming domains. All of this is using core concepts of computer science such as distributed systems, operating systems, computer networks, process parallelism, cloud computing, embedded systems and Internet of Things.
Specifically, the backend engineer’s role is to work on large-scale infrastructure of one or more cloud-based live products serving thousands of users every single day, generating TBs of data every single day.
● Own the design, development, evaluation, and deployment of highly-scalable
software products involving back-end development.
● Maintain quality, responsiveness, and stability of the system.
● Design and develop memory-efficient, compute-optimized solutions for the software.
● Design and administer automated testing tools and continuous integration tools.
● Produce comprehensive and usable software documentation.
● Evaluate and make decisions on the use of new tools and technologies.
● Mentor other development engineers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
● Mastery of one or more back-end programming languages (Python, Node.js, Java,
Scala, C++ etc.)
● Excellent Debugging skills either with command line tools like gdb or with IDE.
● Knowledge of Design Patterns and Antipatterns are desirable.
● Knowledge of the Functional Programming paradigm is a plus.
● Knowledge of at least one build system(make, cmake, maven, gradle etc...) is
● Knowledge of automated and continuous integration testing tools (Jenkins, Team
City, Circle CI etc.) is desirable.
● Proven experience of platform-level development for large-scale systems.
● Knowledge of REST APIs, various authentication mechanisms is required.
● Deep understanding of various database systems (MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra).
● Ability to plan and design software system architecture.
● Experience working in agile development. Knowledge and prior experience of tools
like Jira is desired.
● Experience with at least one version control system is a must
● Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) (Lambda, IoT core, Cognito,
Federated Identities, Kibana, Elastic Search, S3, EFS, EC2, VPC, API Gateway,
CloudFormation, CloudWatch, AppSync, Amplify, IAM, Route 53, WorkSpace)
● AND / OR Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) ( Compute Engine,
Firestore, Filestore, Cloud Function, App Engine, VPC, Bigtable, Stackdriver,
Endpoints, gRPC, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, IoT Core, CloudBuild, Identity Platform, TFX
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.E.\B. Tech\B.S. M.E.\M.S.\M. Tech\PhD candidates' entries with significant prior experience in
the aforementioned fields will be considered.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience is a must.
Our mission is to make e-commerce easy and accessible for everyone. We believe that all businesses should have the equal playing field in terms of resources to build and grow their online business. With our eCommerce tools and comprehensive platform, business owners can better understand, analyze and grow their business. Starting a business and making products is hard enough; selling products and growing the business shouldn’t be.
We’re a small team looking for passionate, execution-focused, self-starters to help us build the next generation eCommerce platform and equal the playing field for all. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk!
We are expanding our Engineering team to India and building a stellar and diverse team composed of owners. We are looking for a backend engineer with a demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining production services, innovative thinking, and technical excellence. As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for building out the service layer that powers our frontend applications. You should have a solid understanding of software development lifecycle and software design principles. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a huge impact at a small start-up with immense growth potential
What you will do?
Create technical plans of projects assigned to you.
Come up with well-structured solutions to ambiguous problems and implement them.
Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable backend code.
Provide technical direction on our various products and upcoming projects.
Champion reliability and quality by using best practices in software engineering and modular design.
Ensure all components are scalable, maintainable, and have in-built metrics instrumentation and monitoring
Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers. Put the customer first and have quality in mind.
Own the full release cycle from development to deployment
What you will need?
3+ Years of experience as a software engineer working on backend applications.
Advanced knowledge of Python (preferably, the Django framework) and relational databases.
Experience with agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing.
Experience with building, modifying, and extending API endpoints (REST or GraphQL) for data retrieval and persistence.
Experience with the full software development life cycle, including requirements collection, design, implementation, testing, and operational support.
Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, decision making and influencing skills.
Experience with scrum or other agile software development methodology.
Hustle. Thrives in an evolving, fast paced, ambiguous work environment
Bonus if you have
Experience working in the eCommerce domain.
Experience with AWS technologies like Elastic Beanstalk, Amplify, etc.
- Sound knowledge of WordPress, Plugins, and Themes.
- Proficient in CMS.
- WP Theme Customization & Plug-in Development.
- Knowledge of LARAVEL Framework.
- Understanding client requirements and functional specifications.
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
Backend Developer (Python)
Company and Founders
Egregore Labs (www.egregorelabs.com) is a financial software company founded in 2017 by Prashant Vijay (ISB, Tulane) & Hari Balaji (IIM Ahmedabad, IIT Madras) both of whom have spent over a decade each in Financial Services, with a majority of their experience at Goldman Sachs across New York, Hong Kong & Singapore in roles across Trading, Quant & Technology. More about the founders is available here and here
We operate at the intersection of Unstructured Data and Finance. We run multiple products, including Romulus (www.romulus.co) and Robana (www.robana.ai) - all our products work on the same underlying principles and set of technologies.
- At least 2 years experience in back-end development in a fast-paced environment, working in Python
- Deep understanding of technologies used in web-deployed SaaS products, including Rest APIs
- Exposure to AWS, Azure or other cloud providers
- Sound understanding of computer science principles
- Exposure to any of the following
- Financial services
- Natural Language Processing
- Robotic Process Automation
- Intelligent Document Processing
- Document Management and Repositories
We will share our workload as a team and we expect you to work on a broad range of tasks. Here’s are some of the things you might have to do on any given day:
- Developing APIs and endpoints for deployments of our product
- Infrastructure Development such as building databases, creating and maintaining automated jobs
- Build out the back-end to deploy and scale our product
- Build POCs for client deployments
- Integrate our products with 3rd party products/tools/services
- Document your code, write test cases, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Python (2+ years)
- Sound understanding of Postgres and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Deep familiarity with UNIX, major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), DevOps
- Understanding of databases, and related tools, paradigms
- A computer science education would be great, but other engineering disciplines are ok as well
We are looking for a person who has :
- Resourcefulness- - we're looking for versatile developers who are good at figuring out what they need to use, learn, build, re-purpose to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Ownership- - We like to be directive and not prescriptive in our management. We- d love for you to take ownership of what you work on, and tell us what to do, rather than the other way round.
- Work Ethic- - We- ve grown up on Wall Street. We work hard, and have aggressive goals. We want our team-mates to be focused, goal-oriented and consistent high achievers.
- Execution Focus- - Our business is about getting things done, and getting things done right. We want outcome focused colleagues who can multi-task, and execute quickly and elegantly.
Work From Home
Package: 7-12 LPA
· Lead from the front, when it comes to delivering high quality work products. Serve as a mentor to the team members
· Create and define performance metrics. Ideate, innovate and hack through the existing systems to improve performance.
· Perform code reviews, set coding practices and guidelines within the team.
· Make sense of the product specs, be nimble in getting the issues resolved. Be a thought leader. · Solid understanding and knowledge of Java/C/C++. You should understand the concepts of multithreading, I/O, messaging, instrumentation etc and their implementation in Java/Any other Object-Oriented Language.
· Proficiency in the implementation of algorithms and the use of advanced data structures to solve problems in computing. A solid foundation in the principles of computer science is desired.
· Ability to write clean, modular, and loosely coupled code by the use of design patterns.
· He/She should be able to break down and architect complex software systems. For example- Build
Are you passionate about using technology to make people's lives better? Are you interested in becoming a part of one of the hottest trends in the world of start-ups today? Are you excited about joining the online ultra-fast grocery delivery service business pioneer and driving the trend forward? Then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Helping lead the software development lifecycle: technical design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support.
- Working with cross-functional teams effectively to enable business growth.
- Proactively identifying engineering bottlenecks and initiating proposals to improve them.
- Writing high-quality, well-tested code in alignment with industry-wide best practices.
- Applying a product mindset to back-end systems.
- About five years of experience delivering product-quality code in an agile set-up
- Experience with Node.js (Hapi, Restify, Express, Mongoose, Socket.IO, Mocha)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience building and deploying Docker containers
- Strong general Linux experience
- Extensive experience with REST APIs
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with MongoDB
- Expert knowledge of Redis and caching strategies
- Strong knowledge of unit/integration testing, including the art of mocking and writing testable code
- Passionate about technology and making an impact.
- A perpetual learner, who stretches their boundaries and enjoys new ideas.
- A doer who takes initiative and works well in a team.
Blok is a technology-first online ultra-fast grocery delivery service business, and we are on our way to revolutionize how millions of people across countries consume groceries. We believe in a world where getting everything you need, when you need it, sustainably, is the new normal. And it takes less than 10 minutes.
We believe we are positioned to lead this revolution. Why? Our founding and early team have held senior positions at Deliveroo, Uber, Glovo, Mercadona, or Unilever. We have done this before, and we believe we can do it again. But this time, even better.
Embark on the journey and help us launch the revolution in one of the highest growth industries of the year. Help us shape the new normal.
lives of API developers and consumers easier. If you love thinking big and delving deep and
enjoy envisioning truly elegant solutions, this role is definitely for you.
What you will be Doing
- You will abstract away complex data interactions with easy-to-use APIs that will power several
mobile and web applications.
- You will also own, scale, and maintain the computational and storage infrastructure for the
various micro-services and long-running jobs, designed and implemented by you and the team.
- We will look to you to make key decisions on the technology stack, architecture, networking,
and security. We love working with bleeding-edge technology, especially if it improves the
malleability, and simplicity of our deliverables.
What you need
- The ideal Backend Engineers are polyglots who are fluent in HTTP and core CS concepts such
as algorithms, data structures, and programming paradigms, and always pick the right tools for
the right job.
- They have a keen eye for common security vulnerabilities and how to act on them (example:
DDOS attacks, SQL Injection etc.).
- They understand what it takes to work in a startup environment and know when to trade
performance for simplicity.
- They fail fast, learn faster, and execute in time.
- Strong communication skills, get-things-done attitude, and empathy
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and obsessive attention to detail.
- Comfortable with iterative development practices and code reviews
- Previous experience as part of a product-oriented team is a plus
Koa, Express, Play (frameworks)
Asynchronous Programming Frameworks (Akka, Nodejs, Tornado)
MongoDB, postgres, Bigtable, Dynamo (databases)
Apache Kafka, NATS, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ (queues)
FunctionalProgramming, FRP (functional reactive)
microservices, multi-tenant, distributed-systems, distributed-computing, event-sourcing
Good to have Skillsets:
Apache Kafka, NATS
FunctionalProgramming, FRP (functional reactive)
Why you should consider this role seriously?
- We have an audacious vision of helping companies fight counterfeiting and managing their
supply chain more efficiently
- We have built a product and solved problems for some of the largest brands in the country and
tested platform at scale (With our tags present in over 50 Million products already). We have
plans to grow 10x in the next 1 year
- Ownership of key problems. Fast-paced environment
- We are a well-balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs and are backed by top investors
across India and the Silicon Valley (Venture Highway, Startup Buddy etc.)
- Competitive market salary
- Opportunity to work directly with the CEO, COO, CTO of the company
- A chance to interact with top-notch executives from multiple industries
- Open vacation policy (and we really mean it!)
- Open Pantry
- As a team, we love to travel :). An off-site every quarter