WordPress Solution Developer in India in our Solutions Implementation team will
provide technical leadership and hands-on development for multiple simultaneous
projects and also Technical Leadership around Web Development domain.
This role is based out of Bangalore, India.
Provide strong technical leadership and hands-on involvement with Wordpress,
MySQL, JQuery, CSS3 & HTML5.
Responsible for implementing best practices for project delivery in Wordpress.
Manage a delivery team to ensure timely, accurate and high quality customer
Own all major and minor project releases for the Solutions Implementation team.
Conduct peer-reviews and lead reviews and provide feedback in Website
Advising on and coordinating team’s technical activities.
Identifying and owning architectural and other technically based risk, escalating as appropriate
Ensuring the non-functional requirements are achievable and subsequently met
Ensuring adherence to appropriate standards of technical best practice
Controlling the technical configuration of the solution
Managing technical aspects of the transition of the solution into live use
Resolving technical differences between technical team members
Hands-on experience with Wordpress, JQuery, CSS3, HTML5 & MySQL,.
Good to know PSD Conversion to HTML
Team handling Experience
Experience in Responsive Web Design and Cross Browser Implementation
Leadership & Management:
● Managing and technically leading the project team
● Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan
● Monitoring project progress and performance
● Provide strong technical leadership and hands-on involvement with Word Press,
CSS3, HTML5, JQuery, PSD Conversion to HTML
● Responsible for implementing best practices for project delivery
● Imbibe and represent our culture, core values and ensure the behavior and feedback
is cascaded through the organization
● Provide feedback to the leadership team by demonstrating understanding of
business, markets, and industry trends and needs
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant fields
3+ years of experience in a role of a Web Developer at technology and product
Experience of working in a global distributed development model
Track record of delivering high performance products
Domain – digital – HR domain, E-commerce, marketing, social, mobile, Web
Job Location - Chennai / Bangalore
Work from home for next few months
Notice Period - Immedaite / 15 /30 days
Software Development Engineer (III) @ REBEL FOODS
We are surrounded by the world's leading consumer companies led by technology - Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast. The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build 'The World's Largest Internet Restaurant Company' in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been built on a simple system - The Rebel Operating Model. While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
An opportunity to revolutionize the restaurant industry
Here, at Rebel Foods, we are using technology and automation to disrupt the traditional food industry. We are focused on building an operating system for Cloud Kitchens - using the most innovative technologies - to provide the best food experiences for our customers.
You will enjoy working with us, if:
- You are passionate about using technology to solve customer problems
- You are a software craftsman or craftswoman who is obsessed with high quality software
- You have a flair for good design and architecture
- You are unafraid of rearchitecting or refactoring code to improve it
- You are willing to dive deep to solve complex software issues
- You are a teacher and mentor
Our technology ecosystem:
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, NodeJS, ExpressJS
- Databases: AWS Aurora, MySQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: AWS
- Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture: REST APIs, Caching, Messaging, Logging, Monitoring and Alerting
- CI/CD and DevOps
- Bitbucket, Jira
You will mostly spend time on the following:
- Leading the design and implementation of software systems
- Driving engineering initiatives across teams with a focus on quality, maintainability, availability, scalability, security, performance and stability
- Writing efficient, maintainable, scalable, high quality code
- Reviewing code and tests
- Refactoring and improving code
- Teaching and mentoring team members
We’re excited about you if you have:
- At least 4+ years of experience in software development, including experience building microservices and distributed systems
- Experience working in Cloud environments: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience building secure, configurable, observable services
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work in an Agile environment
- The ability to collaborate effectively within and across engineering, product and business teams
We value engineers who are:
- Crazy about customer experience
- Willing to challenge the status quo and innovate
- Obsessed with quality, performance and frugality
- Willing to take complete responsibility and ownership of results
- Team players, teachers, mentors
The Rebel Culture
We believe in empowering and growing people to perform the best at their job functions. We follow outcome-oriented, fail-fast iterative & collaborative culture to move fast in building tech solutions. Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will be the best fit for our company. We suggest you go through it before making up your mind.
We are looking to hire Java developers who can help us in our mission to transform ideas into applications. Our cross-functional team of motivated, skilled and experienced software engineers and designers, help the clients unlock the business values of their enterprises in a time-bound and cost-effective manner. True to our team you would be working on high-impact projects and making a dent in the Service industry on a daily basis.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- 4-6 years of experience in Java8 Development.
- V yAPI, Spring Boot/MVC, Spring Security
- Hibernate, JPA, MySQL/POSTGRES, Jenkins, Git
- Experience of developing high-performance and scalable web applications and APIs using frameworks such as Spring Boot/MVC, Spring Security, Hibernate, and JPA.
- Hands-on Experience of Version control(Git), MYSQL/POSTGRES, Jenkins, etc.
• Solid experience with application frameworks such as Springboot and strong familiarty with micro services architecture and design patterns
• Familiarity with databases like MySQL, MongoDB, Redis etc
• Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
• Exposure to CI/CD using Gitlab, Jenkins preferred
• Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, EFK Stack is highly desired
• Broad knowledge of web standards relating to APIs (OAuth, SSL etc.)
• Exposure to product development.
• Understand Architecture Requirements and ensure effective design, development and maintenance of multiple micro services in Java Springboot deployed in cloud within containers consuming data present in relational as well as NoSQL databases.
o The microservices shall expose APIs which allow ease of integration with variety of client apps
o Microservices should handle a scale of thousands of requests per second
• Develop communication patterns between microservices which are efficient, lightweight and secured using Kafka
• Debugging issues on a live setup
• Lead a small team of engineers
• Create test cases and technical documentation
• Maintain a high level of code quality and consistency by adhering to and enhancing the coding standards, design methodology and programming practices
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop data analysis and processing engines using Python
- Develop server-side applications
- Develop and deploy applications on AWS
- Individually manage multiple projects with end-to-end oversight
- Undertake POCs on new tech stacks and integrate them in applications on a functional level
- Design small and large applications on an enterprise level
- Understand business requirements and translate them into applications
- Plan projects with complete details such as efforts, timelines, and wireframes
- Work under tight timelines
- Assist in project management of micro-innovation projects
- Create tools, templates, SOPs / training manuals, process documents etc
- Work with cross-functional / domain teams
- Work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
Desired Candidate Profile
- 3+ years of relevant experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Expertise in Web frameworks: Django, Flask.
- Should have working knowledge in Programming: Python Advanced.
- Hands on knowledge on Source Control: GIT.
- And RESTFul Services.
- Strong knowledge of MVC / MVT framework, Apache Web Server/IIS/nginx, Docker, etc
- Proficiency in writing Web APIs / Rest APIs
- Ability to develop client server architecture applications
- Excellent understanding of relational databases such MySQL, MS SQL, and NoSQL(Mongodb)
- Strong understanding of how to connect a database with a chosen back-end language, with adequate grip over architecture
- Understanding of security-related concepts / within a server-side application
- Adequate knowledge on SDLC
• Drive new feature development - from ideation to PoC to testing to scalable production
• Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
• Implement highly scalable, secure, robust, and fault-tolerant systems
• Work on continuously improving tools and systems
• Strong knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL
• Strong command in Ruby on Rails/Python/Java
• Demonstrable experience with microservices (design, deployment, monitoring, etc.)
• Strong proponent for best practices and code quality
• Strong knowledge of architecting & building real-time, large scale software applications
• Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithm Proficiency
• Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge about Fintech, E-commerce Industry is a plus
• Knowledge about DevOps & Nodejs is a plus
About Advantage Club:
Advantage Club is India's largest Corporate Employee Benefits Platform. Founded by alumni of UCLA,
Amazon, and Microsoft. Our major verticals are Corporate Perks, Rewards & Recognition, and financial
solutions. We are currently partnered with more than 250+ corporates, including Concentrix, RBS,
Fidelity, Walmart, Amazon, etc., whose employees are offered exclusive privileges through our 10,000+
brand partners across categories Advantage club is leading the employee benefits market in India which
pegged at $2 billion and growing. Advantage Club has raised $2 million to date from prominent VCs
like GrowX, Sprout and Axilor Venture.
Software engineering - Bengaluru and remote
Building products at BiCSoM is about turning dreams and ideas into lovable technology and design solutions. As a mindful member of the BiCSoM team you will create rule-breaking backend systems for mobile applications and websites using Php, Laravel, Lumen, MySQL, PostgresSQL and AuroraDB. Large number of people across the globe use our products everyday, we take pride in wearing ‘Made with love in India’ on our sleeves.
What are we looking for?
- We expect you to have your domain knowledge of Php, MySQL, AuroraDB, PostgresSQL, Laravel, Lumen, REST APIs and AWS based scalable backend development
- There are few skills which you need to have from get-go:
- You are a problem solver, polite and someone who values team members and customers
- You respect time and understand, lost time never comes back
- You have the ability to explain your algorithms and solutions and understand how to ask questions with respect to mobile app development and web development scenarios
- You are a smart and energetic talent from engineering and computer science background
- Based on the situations you can contribute individually or work with team and make work productive and fun
- In terms of day to day work, for 4-5 years you should have done the following:
- At least 8 to 10 live projects in Laravel, Lumen
- Handled team of 2 to 3 developers on Php
- Thorough understanding of MVC framework in Php using Laravel and Lumen
- Writing backend code with SOLID principle
- Unit testing of your code with Travis CLI
- Hands on experience with MySQL and PostgresSQL
- Rock solid understanding of Blade template engine
- Collaborative development with BitBucket or GIT and handling of code merge conflicts
- Documenting backend code and APIs using Swagger
- Expert Knowledge of code deployment on AWS is a must
- Knowledge of NoSQL will be an added advantage
- Expert in Linux, and understanding of Ubuntu OS
- Work location: Bengaluru city and Remote
- Working days - 6 days a week
Welcome to BiCSoM careers:
BiCSoM Technologies Private Limited is committed to breakthrough innovation and success for its team members. From our mindful culture of compassion and wisdom to passionate customer success philosophy, this is one awesome place to work! So come and experience what it takes to build digital products which are loved by millions of users across the globe. You will find speed, agility, fun and supportive culture where we are responsible for each other’s success.
- BiCSoM is a registered startup under the Startup India initiative of Government of India and a DIPP registered MSME
- BiCSoM was recognized as one of the top AR/VR startups in India in 2018 in DCB Bank innovation carnival