About Digbi health
We are on a mission to enable businesses to build agile and accountable technology teams that can deliver results in a secure and scalable way. You will be working in one such technology team for a client based out of US.
Role & responsibilities
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who is well versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, to design and implementation. We want a team member who Leads projects and teams. Participates in and supports initiatives outside of the main area of responsibility.
- BSc/BE/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years Experience with at least one scripting language: JAVA, Angular, React, Ruby, Nodejs, Python, AppleScript, Unix shell, or similar
- Good knowledge of operating systems and networking concepts
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Startup mentality, high willingness to learn, and hardworking
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the role:
You will be developing the detailed design structure, implementing the best practices and coding standards, leading a team of developers for successful delivery of the project. You will be working on design, architecture and hands-on coding.
Good years of Experience in Technical development with 6+ years in providing technical leadership for high performance teams.
Work closely with business and product teams to understand the requirements, drive design, architecture and influence the choice of technology to deliver solutions working closely with architects and leadership team.
Build robust, scalable, highly available and reliable systems using Micro Services Architecture based on Java, Spring boot.
Improve Engineering and Operational Excellence by identifying and building the right solutions for observability and manageability.
Keep the tech stack current with the goal to optimize for scale, cost and performance.
Migrate workloads to public cloud.
Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
Serve as a thought leader and mentor on technical, architectural, design and related
Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions.
Preferred Qualification : Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
Tech Stack: Lang: Java, DB: RDBMS, Messaging: Kafka/RabbitMQ, Caching: Redis/Aerospike, Micro services, AWS.
Strong experience in scaling, performance tuning & optimization at both API and storage layers.
Hands-on leader, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
Why join us:
Because you get an opportunity to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve.
You should work with us if you think seriously about what technology can do for people. We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be.
Learn more about the exciting work we do in Tech by reading our Engineering blogs.
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you. With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
An Engineering manager is responsible for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled. They are responsible for solving any engineering issue that comes up in a project. One of the most important skills that an engineering manager will have been their ability to effectively delegate the work. Their responsibilities usually include researching and developing new designs and products, proposing budgets for projects, and overseeing all the activities related to each project. Influences top management internally & externally (industry) to accept new ideas. Creates and conceptualizes solutions to Artivatic in specific discipline.
Objective of the position:
The objective of role revolves around creating processes and designs, as well as maintenance and operations duties in a variety of different disciplines. As an engineering manager, you must believe in the product and want to make it better to investigate, propose, and manage new product development efforts or product updates. You will be able to work with different teams (e.g. product, marketing, sales team) to drive product directions design, and development.
Role and Responsibilities:
-Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality
-Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption
-Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
-Architecting and engineering solutions which can meet the requirement of unknown customer buying off the shelf products
-Engage with product management and CXO team to drive the functionality, usability and other non-functional requirements and hence the solution for the same
-Ensure on-time launches by managing design, development, and integration efforts according to a standard or customized project plan
-Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
-Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision
-Be responsible for mentoring and developing front-line managers and engineers.
Mandatory traits/ skills
- Deep understanding of enterprise-grade technologies
- Ability to handle entire lifecycle of project Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Worked on Tech stack right from UI UX designing, Front End, Backend, Devops and Testing
- Hands on experience in Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis, specially about Python/Django/REST, etc
- Hands on experience in Front End technologies like Angular
- Understanding of Devops tools: Cloud Architecture, Jenkins & Docker
- Hands on experience in Testing tools (Python or Java with Selenium)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- -Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- -Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience. Engaging and influencing peers and executives
- -A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- -Being a strong leader, mentor, and people manager
- Strategy: In this role, you will manage multiple engineering teams across verticals, provide technical leadership, set vision and strategy for the Product roadmap for happierWork.
- Execution: Build driven and high-performing teams that can keep shipping quality features at a high velocity. Build boxes, not arches.
- Improvement: Improve engineering delivery by adding the right amount of structure and process, including improvements in code review/pairing, automated testing, issue tracking, or deployment pipelines. Balance the day-to-day shipping needs with longer-term investments that will keep the team shipping high-quality products.
- Leadership: Lead by example and grow our team of amazing engineers and serve as their voice to help steer the strategy and direction of the company.
- Collaboration: Collaborate and partner with Product, Design, and Support counterparts to define and ship the most impactful features on a regular basis.
- Architecture: Enable your team to design and develop Architecture and technical designs suitable for a high-volume, low-latency product that is also reliable, secure, performant, and scalable.
- Excellence: Leverage your technical skills and expertise to build excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices.
- Culture: Cultivate a strong, transparent, and collaborative engineering culture that promotes ownership, autonomy, and innovation.
- 8+ years of hands-on engineering experience including 3+ years of engineering management experience. Early to mid-stage startup experience is a bonus.
- Rockstar Engineers with Bachelor degree from Tier 1 institutes (IIT’s, NIT’s, BITS)
- Experience in managing a full-stack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers. Familiarity working with agile software development lifecycle
- Expertise in Core Python (v3.7+) with web frameworks like Django or Flask
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL), NoSQL databases (MongoDB), and in-memory key-value databases (Redis, Memcached).
- In-depth knowledge of the Angular framework along with experience in HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Material Design etc.
- Experience with a cloud-native stack, preferably GCP, using technologies like GKE, Cloud Functions, Load Balancers etc.
- In addition to Python, Angular, and PostgreSQL, we use Flask or Django for APIs, GKE to containerize them, GCP to host, Selenium for automated testing, and JIRA for product management. So, experience with some or all of these is essential.
- Early to mid-stage start-up experience and HR Tech experience or domain knowledge is a bonus
Roles and Responsibility :
- This position requires you to lead and manage the whole engineering team.
- Manage your OKRs, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- You work closely with the Product Management, Business Development, and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- Architect & design technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Lead multiple modules, third party integrations and business partners integration.
- Taking architectural decisions, defining high level and low level design.
- Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent and more to be shared via email.
Skills you are expected to have :
- Deep understanding of technologies, high level design, low level design in a secure, scalable and available set-up.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems.
- Hands-on experience in system design, architecture or developing distributed systems.
- Should be good in writing code keeping scalability, flexibility and monitoring at center.
- Good understanding of source control tools GIT, Jira and Bitbucket, code reviews etc.
- Preferable experience in Django and Laravel frameworks, but not limited to these only.
- Experience in the development of robust and scalable Rest APIs and APIs testing tools such as postman etc.
- Experience in micro service-based development would be a plus.
- Experience in queuing systems such as rabbitMQ, Active MQ would be a plus.
- Experience in AWS cloud services.
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD pipeline.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Candidates from the fintech domain would be preferred (Payments/ Banking/ Wallets/ Insurance/ Financial Markets).
About Us :
- We are a consumer lending fintech start-up on a mission to provide Fair Finance to Everyone. We have raised $15 million in debt and equity funding from leading angels that have previously backed Ola, Oyo, Myntra, Uniphore and 1mg as well as marquee NBFCs.
- Our loans are originated in partnership with 1000+ merchants who are present in over 80 cities -
- Leading healthcare chains: Indra IVF, Partha Dental, VLCC
- Home improvements: Asian Paints, Design Cafe, @home by Nilkamal
- Education : upGrad, Toppr, Board Infinity, Career Point, Bansal Learning, Miles Education E-Bikes - Ampere, Hero Electric, Lectrix, Benlng
- Our founding team has worked at fintech companies in London where they won a Banking Technology Award for Best Mobile Initiative as well as Indian FinTechs such as Coverfox and Liquiloans.
- The team has extensive experience in credit, investment banking and vendor management. They have graduated from London Business School, Northwestern University (USA), and attained the CFA charter.
We are looking for Product Engineering Managers to build top-tier software systems that will help design and implement MangoApps products. In this role, you will mentor other product engineers, establish best engineering practices and can act as a lead on cross-team projects. You will drive positive change in the work environment with a consistent track record of delivering on commitments. You will communicate proactively to different audiences including Product Management and Customer Success stakeholders. You will report to our Director of Product Engineering.
- Manage a team of 6 to 10 product engineers to deliver great products to our customers
- Lead & coach your team to deliver high quality software, promote engineering excellence, AWS cost optimization and operational monitoring best practices
- Ensure all changes are fully tested before being deployed
- Ensure deployment plans are well considered and include appropriate scalability and load tests
- Delegate and harnesses the aggregate strength of your team
- Focus on individual and team needs to foster positive culture consistent with MangoApps values
- Collaborate with product management and customer support teams
- Hands on product engineering experience and 3+ years managing product engineering teams.
- Deep software development skills in at least one software development language such as Ruby on Rails or Java
- Experience with modern technology stacks for building scalable, highly available customer-facing applications.
- Like to dive in, always learn new things, and build awesome products
- BE/B Tech in Computer Science equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
MUST-HAVE CULTURAL ATTRIBUTES
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and proactively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages excellent performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment, and you’re excited by the chance to play a significant role.
- Passionate: You must be excited about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Go-getter: Thrive in a startup environment and have a “whatever it takes” approach to accomplishing goals.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Software released to production should be 100% bug-free
- End-user load time should be < 3 seconds for all flows
- Should scale to able handle 50K users in all flows
- Kudos from customers that module / service just works flawlessly
WHY JOIN US?
- You are ready for your next challenge
- You want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and believe that digital workplace transformation is a massive opportunity
WHAT IS WORKING AT MANGOAPPS LIKE?
- Individual initiatives, accountability, and driving outcomes are the key to success
- Work, performance, and results are real sources of happiness
- Teamwork is celebrated
- Your career at MangoApps is limited by you and nothing else
• 7+ years of experience as an engineer or a lead - solving real-world customer problems
• 3-5 years of experience as a manager - having led high value delivering engineering teams
• BE / B. Tech /M. Tech from a premier institute - preferably in Computer Science
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• The ability to convince, negotiate and work with equally competent and smart stakeholders
• Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our FinTech products
• Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to
• executives and non-technical leaders
We are looking for a director of engineering to lead our engineering department and help us build great products.
You’ll manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals and timelines for various projects.
We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
• 50% time for hands-on development and other 50% to enable the Engineering team
• Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
• Leverage your technical depth as a hands-on developer and architect to push your team towards a high standard of technical excellence
• Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, support full software development lifecycle that incorporates the best of technology approaches and delivery methodologies.
• Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
• Ensure compliance with security regulations
• Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines
• Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
• Hire engineers and coordinate their training
• Implement innovative technologies
• Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
• Review and update policies relevant to internal systems
• Take initiative to explore, evangelize, and implement innovative technologies within the business in order to improve the business’s internal platforms as well as customer experience.
• Provide support and leadership to development departments, facilitating continuous evolution in both the frontend and backend development teams.
• The Director of Engineering will also perform similar duties as he deems fit for the proper execution of his duties as delegated by the CEO.
• Work experience as a director of engineering, Head of engineering, CTO, EngineeringManager or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
• Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best-practices in an engineering organization
• Strong technical aptitude and proven experience in architecture, design, and delivery of data-intensive applications
• Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
• Good understanding of agile methodologies
• Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
● Must have knowledge of batch process manufacturing expertise in all the following project
● Continuous and batch control strategies
● Essential Skills Required: Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP),HACCP
Thorough knowledge of various manufacturing processes and leverage this to implement
processes in line with Saroj Agro Industries product line.
Well conversant with FSSAI, W&M and PCRO requirements.
Well conversant with implementing quality systems at contract manufacturing / 3P
Well developed competencies in laboratory testing of food products.
To develop products which compare well with the selected national brands.
To deliver the process costs & margins in the company decided framework.
Quality & legal compliance.
Category analysis & trending - Experience of new food product development, awareness of
formulation of food development, testing method for eg preservative testing, fragrance
Utilize Formulation understanding and troubleshooting skills in the Foods
FDA regulated sector.
Able to design batch architecture for complex recipe control across multiple
Lead or work on a project team responsible for the design, configuration and testing of
continuous and batch control strategies.
Monitor and control assigned work scope against the project plan.
Understand the project scope and financials; identify change orders and justify changes to
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP Principles, ISO 9000, and
applicable food codes for food service operations.
Must have knowledge of batch process manufacturing expertise in all the following project
phases: Requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system
integration, testing and on-site startup.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English