We at Perilwise are building the digital infrastructure for the insurance industry. We're looking for a tech lead, someone who can lead the dev team, and take over the day to day activities of the tech lead from the founders.
We are building a revolutionary insurtech platform offering to the entire market(intermediaries, clients, and later insurers)
We're an exciting early stage startup growing fast, and are looking to build cutting edge products across the insurance value chain.
The Role & Responsibilities
• Lead dev team to handle all issues arising w.r.t front end and backend
• Organize the entire tech stack and operations to ensure smooth functioning of the company
• Manage product pipeline and timeline effectively
• Work closely with founders on tech vision and strategy, and to implement improvements and new features on the platform.
• Work as a full stack developer where needed, helping dev team solve dev spikes
• Work across the stack in helping the company develop scalable solutions
• Co-ordinate with third party IT teams for API integration and testing
• Monitor and improve robustness and performance of platform
We'll be offering Salary + Equity, as an early stage startup.
Languages/Frameworks/Technologies you will need to know:
• Couch DB/MongoDB/SQL
• Angular 8/9
• Python Flask, Node.js
Experience levels: 4+ years. Previous leadership experience preferred but not necessary. These are guidelines, what’s most important for us is the candidate fit.
About perilwise insurtech private limited
Perilwise are building the digital infrastructure for the insurance industry, completely digitizing the journey for customers(policyholders), intermediaries, and insurers.
We are a fast growing early stage startup looking for people to join us on this journey. Reach out to us for opportunities.
- A hands-on full-stack engineer to join the core team with experience in building products from scratch into large-scale platforms and solving business problems leveraging new and innovative technology
- Leverage the DevOps team to ensure the product can be built, deployed, and tested across all of the release cycles from dev to production
- Strong grasp of modern security principles and how to apply them to applications
- Work with stakeholders (product owners, project managers, and scrum masters) to define and clarify requirements.
- Hands-on development with both front-end, middle-tier, and back-end programming
- Adhere to agile development methodologies
- Designing and developing responsive applications.
- Creating and maintaining clean and clear front-end code and backend APIs for our web applications.
- Automation and Deployments of builds - Frontend and Backend.
- Application Performance And Error Monitoring and Automation
- Maintaining excellent test coverage for our code base.
- Working with our shared services and field teams to identify application bottlenecks and make relevant architectural decisions.
- Working with our front-end application developers to optimize performance across our system.
- Designing administrative tools for our shared services and business development teams Constantly optimizing our code bases with an eye for modularity and legibility.
- Writing documentation for our external and internal APIs.
Strong understanding of RESTful JSON web API design principles.
Demonstrable experience with AngularJS or ReactJS or Vue.JS, NodeJS, Express.JS, HTML5, and CSS.
Familiarity with popular NodeJS packages (e.g. express, socket-io).
Experience in backend web development.
Containerisation experience working with Docker/ Kubernetes/ Docker Swarm
Familiarity with multiple additional programming languages/stacks.
Experience with NoSQL databases, ideally MongoDB.
Experience with RDBMS databases like MySQL/PosgreSQL.
An excellent understanding of distributed systems and their tradeoffs.
Excellent documentation skills.
Ability to clearly articulate technical problems, design and implementation choices to a broad range of stakeholders (e.g. sales team, users, security experts).
Working knowledge of AngularJS or React.
Experience working with web sockets.
Familiarity with the AWS stack.
Experience in application security testing.
Familiarity with CI/CD Pipeline.
Contributions to open source communities.
Principal Software Engineer
Opportunity in this role / Why should you join here?
You will enjoy working with us if you are looking to work in a stimulating, flexible, open environment. You will experience ownership and independence at the same time providing technical solutions that work.
You will be part of the madness and thrill of growing the business from scratch. You get to make decisions, fail fast and learn fast. You get to contribute, add value to the organization by thinking like an entrepreneur. You are supported by the best talent in the industry and work with creative teams. You are rewarded as you go on proving yourself.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field
- At least 6+ years of experience with at least 4 years of software application design experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A full stack generalist with experience in both front-end and back-end technologies
- Proven experience in high-level programming languages, like Java and Development of scalable Web Applications and Web Services
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation to implementation
- Proven experience building complex web applications and micro services
- Strong experience with Spring Boot stack (spring cloud, spring-data)
- Extensive experience in developing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience in PHP is a plus advantage
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and improve productivity
- Support in all phases of SDLC and ensure delivery of high-quality products
- Analyse business requirements and design/develop most effective technical solution
- Analyse and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion
- Work with other engineers in planning, prioritising and executing assigned tasks within deadlines
x• Work with QA team in preparing test cases and assist in automation
- Mentor other Engineers as and when required
- Assist in maintenances and upgrades of existing software applications
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Assist in technical audits and make sure to implement audit recommendations.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications.
• Provide technical assistance to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good coding practices and habits.
• To ensure that the development and unit testing is in accordance with established standards.
• Participate in reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
• Analyze and resolve technical and application problems and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Package and support deployment of releases.
• In-depth of knowledge of frameworks like Angular 5-6-7, jQuery
• UI toolkits like Kendo UI, Infragistics, JQuery UI
• Coding in Core JAVA/J2EE, Spring, REST, Hibernate, JDBC
• Strong SQL query writing and testing skills
• Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
Highly Desired Skills
• Jasper Reports, i Report
• SOA, SOAP, XML, XSL, Webservices
Good to Have:
• OOD, UML Design
• Tomcat, SVN – open source technologies
• Knowledge of UX
• MS- SQL, My-SQL, Database Knowledge
• Design Patterns/concept
🔎 We are looking for a software engineer who,
- 🙋🏻♀️ is curious and asks a lot of questions!
- 🤤 has good product taste.
- ⚡️ is passionate about writing clean code.
- 🕵🏻♂️ has strong problem solving skills.
- 🖥 can turn 1-pager specs into detailed features.
- ❣️ loves / appreciates automated testing!
- 😇 is humble, kind and has a good taste of sarcasm. 🤪
☀️ Non-mandatory, but nice to have
- 👶🏻 worked in an early-stage startup.
- 🤟🏻 built and led a small engineering team.
- 3️⃣ + years of experience.
- 👩🏻💻 open source enthusiast.
- 👩🏼🏫 You are passionate about teaching, learning and creator economy.
⁉️ What's the interview process like?
- Get in touch with Dhaval and understand the mission of the company in detail.
- Take us through what excites you the most about this role/challenge.
- A flexible project round in the programming language of your preference.
- Provide us with at least 2 references who would help us learn more about you.
- You will be a part of the founding team and will get to lead a lean team in the future.
- Working with a hands-on tech co-founder has a different vibe of its own! 😃
- Remote-friendly culture.
This is a technolog yagnostic position and you would be viewed as a technolog enthusiast who can work (not code) on architecture and designing of any application immaterial of the technology used.
Your experience as a programmer of a technical lead will benefit a lot.
If you believe in “ First, solve the problem. Then, write the code. ”, we are looking for you.
- Atleast 8 years of experience working either in Java/JEE, Python or Ruby on Rails.
- Ability to manage a team and handle clients.
- Very good at Analysis and Design.
- Passion to write good quality code.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment
- Team player
- Ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
BoTree Technologies was incorporated in 2012 and since then we have constantly worked towards building a place to work which provides each member an opportunity to challenge herself and grow on a day to day basis.
As a member of the development group, you will be primarily responsible for the design, development, and maintaining the product.
Work with the Product and Design teams to build new features to solve business problems and fill business needs.
Participate in code reviews to create robust and maintainable code.
Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life.
Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process, and business.
Communicate and coordinate with our support and professional services teams to solve customer issues.
Help scale our platform as we expand.
8+ years of hands-on experience in enterprise software development using J2EE Framework.
Passion for building enterprise web applications leveraging modern architecture principles, strong prior experience as a full stack developer.
Expertise with CSS and building responsive pages, with a keen eye for UI design and usability
Experience with web-accessibility/WCAG standards
Experience working collaboratively with a globally distributed team.
Experience with agile methodologies and good exposure to DevOps/CICD models.
Passion for keeping up with new trends and developments in the programming community and is eager to find ways to incorporate these new ideas into our codebase.
- At least 3+ years’ experience into web front end/full stack development
- In depth knowledge and working experience in full stack development, for example in Node JS and Mongo DB based implementations as a MEAN stack dev
- Experience implementing applications using Sails.JS, Angular or ExpressJS frameworks
- Have hands on knowledge in database technologies, preferable NoSQL databases, such as, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with design patterns and building applications from scratch is a plus
- Thorough understanding and exposure to API integrations, especially RESTful-based web services in JSON
- Continuous integration (Jenkins/Hudson) and version control (bitbucket, Git etc).