Role - Sr. Media Strategist
About the company -
Our Client is a Mumbai-headquartered Creative & Business Transformation Company founded in 2015 & has a team of 1000+ members in 8 years. We are present in Bengaluru, New Delhi and London, UK.
We offer holistic solutions that include Digital Content, Search Engine Optimization, Technology, Design, Video Production, Photography, Media Planning & Buying, Influencer Management, Business Research & Consumer Research, Brand Building and more.
We are also a valued Google Premier Partner, Adobe Solution Partner, and Zoho Premium Partner to service the whole tech and media suite for businesses.
With the aim of going from India to the world, we want to grow & we want to take you on this journey of growth!
Designing Digital Media Strategy that includes all Digital touch points (Bought, Owned and Earned). Framing media investment strategies for clients towards the accomplishment of their short term and long term goals.
Experience - 2+ years
Location - Mumbai
● Building a Creative Media Plan by selecting the right channels, formats and placements for the Client campaign within the client’s budget. Making media plans in response to the latest audience figures be it on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Mobile, VOIP etc.
● Presenting media proposals, including timings and cost breakdowns, helping clients to reach a final decision about their future advertising strategy.
● Monitor Digital Media Planning trends and competitor offerings to identify potential business avenues and improve current offerings.
● Managing budgets and maintaining advertising spend records
● Regular / daily updates with the buyer regarding campaign performances
● Course correction to be made in case of things not going as per the media plan
● Highlighting concerns / issues to the media head to resolve things quicker
● Regular calls / meetings with clients to understand
● Have in-depth knowledge of the quality audience for all Clients
● Analyze the overall work and proficiency of the interns / junior media strategists
● Reference/ research - share more/new ideas and be up to date with the latest happenings and news in the industry
● Attend all team meetings and give feedback/suggestions for account performance.
About Leading Marketing Agency
Merito is a curated talent platform where we identify, assess, and connect candidates for matching job opportunities. We are working with the mission to change the way hiring is done. The company is founded by a team consisting of alumni of IIM Ahmedabad, McKinsey with more than 2 decades of experience in recruitment, training, and coaching.
About Our Client :
Our client is Google partner in advertising and a premier Insight-driven Marketing platform. As a managed buying solution provider, they work with leading digital-first brands in India and are expanding our footprint globally, particularly focused on fast growing app-first start-ups driving their next level of scale via programmatic media. For many of its clients, programmatic marketing has emerged amongst their top three growth marketing channels alongside Google Ads and Facebook.
Role - Account Director (Client Servicing)
This mid-management business ops role is a combination of revenue operations and account targets, marketing analytics, client engagement and solutioning. This is an opportunity to combine your operational and tactical problem-solving skills, creativity, relentless execution mindset, process orientation, decision making and leadership to drive non-linear business growth across new and existing customers.
If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves in an operationally intense startup environment, and if you love connecting the dots in complex patterns to discover new opportunities, this role is for you.
1. Active participation in sales pitches, media & strategy planning.
2. Management of paid media execution, in line with target yields and spendclevels
3. Collaborate with Sales leaders to develop an optimal lead contact and
conversion strategy for the sales team, with alignment on sales contact
4. Make engaging presentations and run business reviews (weekly, monthly, quarterly) with multiple levels of stakeholders internally and externally. Setting expectations both internally and externally
5. Managing a team of campaign managers / media planners / account
managers to train them on 360-degree growth into campaign management & account management.
6. Tracking regular key performance metrics. Proactive risk management.
Suggesting course correction to internal teams.
7. Up Sell & grow, Cross Sell campaigns with a brand’s strategic approach towards performance. 8.Competitor Analysis – Reporting and strategizing steps for the advertisers.
1.Bachelor's or master’s degree in a quantitative discipline with 7+ years of relevant experience.
2.Proficiency with digital marketing platforms and technologies - Adwords,
Facebook, Linkedin & affiliates.
3.Prior experience in managing teams of 5+ and handling clients across different industries
4.Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills and presentation skills.
5.Strong analytical, problem-solving and execution skills.
About the Company
Ranked by Deloitte amongst India's top 25 fastest-growing tech companies, they are a well-capitalized digital startup pioneering full-funnel marketing via programmatic media. They are trusted by leading marketers and agencies in India and is expanding its footprint globally.
Roles & responsibilities:
• Proven experience in Digital Marketing and an understanding of Media channels.
• Identify key audiences - sizing and profile using data points, to determine whether the given audience can achieve the client’s business objective
• Within the aligned audience(s), identify key human truth (insight) using data (quantitative/ qualitative) that leads to a communication platform (one-liner) that demonstrates what a brand should be saying to them and how it should be behaving in media to drive the change in perception/behavior (from/to)
• Flair for communication and presentation to engage and influence stakeholders positively.
• Creation of tactical plan presentation and supporting media plan templates
• Use an understanding of the campaign and marketplace to contribute ideas for campaign experiments
• Build activation platforms/ideas stemming from data-backed cultural or behavioral insights
• Set budget allocation & key channels identified for each to hit the objective
• Write/develop agency POVs based on the latest trends and developments that matter to our industry/clients
• Work on the brand portfolio, brand positioning, and GTM strategy as necessary
• Expertise in problem-solving and technology development.
• At least 4 years of relevant experience (strategy, media, consulting, research)
• Experience in digital media, advertising, marketing
• Solid grasp of digital marketing, especially a deep knowledge of digital media
• Working knowledge and effective vocabulary across search, social, display, video, and/or programmatic media buying
• Prior experience working on a global brand, with a proven track record of driving media and campaign strategies (along with presenting them to senior stakeholders)
• Ability to navigate the digital ecosystem like Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, OTTs
• Understanding of brand and DR objectives
• Deep understanding of planning, audience research and measurement tools; with the ability to land on media solutions
- Crafting the performance marketing strategy for the company and managing the overall online marketing calendar around the same
- Managing all online properties of the brand
- Measuring ROI and a set of other KPIs, based on in-depth analysis of standard digital metrics
- Liaising with multiple agencies, as well as internal offline and traditional marketing teams to devise and execute innovative marketing campaigns throughout the year
- 5+ years experience in Digital Marketing with experience in Digital Advertising, Website Management, Lead Generation, and/or Lifecycle Marketing
- Experience with problem-solving and analytical skills including conducting qualitative and quantitative research, analyzing data, data visualization, developing hypotheses, synthesizing insights & recommendations
- Experience with digital and web analytics and data tracking tools (e. g., Google Analytics, ) and SQL
- Experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience using various Facebook Interfaces: Ads Manager, Power Editor, Business Manager, Page Insights
- Experience with ad serving tools and DSPs (e. g., DoubleClick, Adobe Advertising Cloud)
- Experience working both strategically as well as in an executional capacity to build and deploy the campaign
- Experience presenting ideas to several stakeholders at once
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Experience with digital marketing and digital measurement latest trends and best practices
Desired Skills and Experience
mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oral, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 21 offices
in APAC, EMEA and North America.
- We'd like you to be a trusted resource and partner to our clients, especially their product marketing and innovation leads, not afraid to have the tough conversations, when necessary, but also willing to adapt to their needs.
- We emphasize behaviours. We value emotional intelligence, curiosity, and collaboration above all else. We are looking for a person that is comfortable doing their own research, as well as pulling out and presenting the key insights and ideas. Someone who Ensures strategy stays a common thread throughout tactical planning and idea presentations holding the entire product together.
- Evangelize the practice and its value proposition by working closely with Internal Leads of our client business teams and cross-functional teams like Content, Analytics etc.
- Identify key audiences - sizing and profile using data points, to determine whether the given audience can achieve the clients business objective
Within the aligned audience(s), identify key human truth (insight) using data (quantitative/ qualitative) that leads to a communication platform (one-liner) that demonstrates what a brand should be saying to them and how it should be behaving in media to drive the change in perception/behaviour (from/to)
- Build activation platforms/ideas stemming from data-backed cultural or behavioural insights
- Set budget allocation - topline between online/ offline & key channels identified for each in order to hit the objective
- Consult on learning agendas & implications for all campaigns/projects - take the learning and apply to the next project
- Bringing the best from the outside in - Be the in-agency/ external expert on category and consumer trends (especially media-related but not limited to), and apply that knowledge to strategy
- Write/develop agency POVs based on the latest trends and developments that matter to our industry/clients
- Work on non-campaign projects such as brand portfolio, brand positioning, and GTM strategy as necessary
A bit about yourself:
- At least 12 years of relevant experience (strategy, media, consulting, research)
- Prior experience working on a global brand, with a proven track record of driving media and campaign strategies (along with presenting them to senior stakeholders)
- Ability to navigate both the digital ecosystem not limited to Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, OTTs, and also Linear TV, other offline media
- Understanding of brand and DR objectives
- Succinct in understanding client business should be able to translate business objectives to Media and close the loop with measurable metrics.
- Deep understanding of planning, audience research and measurement tools; with the ability to land on media solutions
- A Passion to help and developing people making yourself readily available to answer questions and offer support to the wider business team, and the ability to motivate people to succeed
- Vision for where communications strategy and the wider marketing industry is going
- More analytical than creative, yet strong in both
- An MBA is a plus but not a must.
Media Planners are responsible for analyzing data, thinking creatively and dreaming up innovative strategies to make sure marketing campaigns reach the right target audience in the most effective way possible. Armed with this critical analysis, media planning managers devise,
propose, or recommend strategies for using certain media effectively to attract and retain customers, increase brand recognition, and maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Some of the thing's we'd like you to do:
- Audience research in syndicated and 1st party data sources
- Creative spec management
- Creation of tactical plan presentation and supporting media plan templates
- Creation of campaign analysis plan templates
- Oversee the successful launch of campaigns using the Launch Tracker
- Maintain accuracy and timely updates of deliverable tracking documents for team
- QA of media plan set up conducted by various Activation team members
- Collate commentary on media performance and conduct first review on quality
- Adherence to team quality standard for reporting template and delivery
- Keep consistent track of campaign performance and target (monthly) across all channels, flagging needs for intervention
- Use understanding of campaign and marketplace to contribute ideas for campaign experiments and also prioritize experiments contributed by other team members
- Use understanding of campaign performance to contribute content to campaign wrap-up presentations
- Act as lead for smaller, more easily managed campaigns as progress in band and client demands/allows
- Manage accurate forecasts, media plans, and all key media planning
A bit about yourself:
- At least 7-10 years experience in digital media, advertising, marketing
- Working knowledge and effective vocabulary across search, social, display, video, and/or programmatic media buying
- Experience with Media Research Tools (ComScore, GWI, TGI, YouGov)
- Experience in running Display, Video and Direct Response performance-driven digital media campaigns
- Ability to provide and meet forecasts of expected return of media investment
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong reasoning skills
- Lead by example while motivating and coaching juniors on the team
- Manage Performance Development Cycle and Review process for juniors.
● Understanding the client's core product or service, the target audience & market, the problem that
the product or service intends to solve
● Managing end to end social media presence for brands, social listening & reputation management
● Thinking of monthly campaign ideas in participation with the copy & graphic design teams
● Heavy client coordination & interaction
● Preparing long term platform wise social media strategy for brands
● Generating ideas for moment marketing
● Monthly sentiment analysis & reporting for brands you handle
Digital Marketing Manager
₹3L - ₹3.6L
As the digital marketing manager, you will be responsible for handling the performance and growth objectives of your clients.
- Liaise closely with clients to understand their marketing objectives
- Plan, strategize and execute clients specific goals in collaboration with an internal team of copy, writers, designers, and marketing managers
- Develop, and execute digital media campaigns on Facebook, Google, and other paid platforms
- Ideate on content and creative messaging
You are a good fit if you have experience in the following areas (not in all):
- Managing PPC campaigns, monitoring performance, analysis, and reporting.
- Digital Media Planning & Buying
- Experience in SEO strategy and content writing
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc.).
- Managing and updating social media platforms across all digital channels.
- Knowledge of LinkedIn, Facebook ad targeting, Google Ad words
- Knowledge of website optimization, with a focus on landing page conversation and A/ B testing
- Preference to those who have previously worked in a digital marketing agency and have experience directly dealing with clients
- Project management - ability to manage 3-4 clients, streamline tasks and deliverables and ensure timeline delivery
- Collaboration: experience working with mid-sized teams and collaborators to brief, ideate, and design creative communication and develop assets to support the digital campaigns.
CRM, direct-response and/or data-driven marketing with/for B2C, B2B or B2B2C
- Minimum of 1+ years in a leadership capacity defining strategies and plans that
improve and grow business outcomes
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience consulting, as a marketing strategist or defining
process and organizational design solutions in a business environment
- Minimum of 3+ years + experience working within a digital business or digital
- Minimum of 3 years of professional services in digital business, or digital marketing
to include solutions for Fortune 500 clients,
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 3 years) work experience
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills
Core management consulting skills including:
- Strategic skills: strong critical thinker, ability to architect solutions, and clearly
communicate strategic ideas in a clear, simple manner
- Subject matter knowledge in integrated marketing operations and processes with
expertise in understanding nuances of data-driven multichannel relationship
marketing organizations that cross web, mobile, social, email, and traditional direct
marketing channels and working with leading class digital platforms such as Adobe
- Experience leading and facilitating working sessions with both teams and leaders,
- Experience architecting, implementing and managing organizational change a plus
- Experience designing, developing and implementing marketing and digital
processes and ways of working that bring agility to teams, as well as rolling out new
organizational capabilities / Knowledge of digital marketing best practices and
- Ability to establish and grow long term trusted relationships over time. Being the
trusted ”go to“ person
- Proven experience leading teams to deliver quality results and outputs per agreed
timelines and plans
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new things, innovate and grow
- Able to collaborate across disciplines, teams and organizational lines
- Understanding of CRM strategic concepts and services
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.