Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About JS TechAlliance Consulting Pvt Ltd.
DUKAAN - Create Your Online Store in 30 Seconds
Dukaan is an app that allows offline businesses to sell their products and services online. On our app, the users can make beautiful product catalogues (catalogs) right from a smartphone and share with their customers easily on different social media apps such as Whatsapp Business, Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram etc. Praised by users all over India, this app has saved declining businesses by helping them transfer their shop online. The journey has just begun and we are on a mission to make India truly Digital.
Dukaan is currently powering over 4.9 M ecommerce stores built by indian small businesses and growing at a crazy rate.
Dukaan is looking at a QA engineer to join our team and help us ship polished & defect free products to our users.
QA Engineer Roles & Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to run various tests from the test-suite on new software releases to ensure that it satisfies all specifications and requirements as well as free from any bugs.
Once issues have been resolved, You will run additional tests to make sure the issues are resolved before the new release is pushed to production.
- Thoroughly testing new releases to find bugs or design issues.
- Identifying bugs in new releases and understanding how to resolve them
- Creating issues for these bugs and with steps on how to re-produce them.
- Ensuring that new software products are ready for consumer use
- Working with development teams to prevent issues with new products
We are looking for a can do it attitude, and the ability to deliver with high velocity and high-quality at the same time.
This person MUST have:
- BE Computer Science, MCA or equivalent.
- Experience testing IOT devices managed by cloud.
- Manual testing experience and a desire to learn and work with the latest technologies. Web, Cloud and Mobile App testing.
- Develop test plans, cases, and scripts; schedule and execute test cycles; contribute to testability & quality of software.
- Reports all defects accurately; facilitate problem tracking and successful resolution; assess and communicate various risks involved and provide necessary assistance to engineers and stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge of automation know-how [ API automation, Python] - Test to fail mindset, Solid test strategy experience, well versed with QA processes. - Hands on experience on Performance test angle.
- Min 1 year experience
- Not more than 10 year experience.
- Remotely, anywhere in India
- 40 hours a week (9 PM IST to 2 AM IST(10 hours in your suitable time) , Monday to Saturday).
- Full time/Direct
- We have great benefits such as PF, medical insurance, 12 annual company holidays, 12 PTO leaves per year, annual increments, Diwali bonus, spot bonuses and other incentives etc.
- We dont believe in locking in people with large notice periods. You will stay here because you love the company. We have only a 15 days notice period.
- Strong logical skill is must.
- Must have knowledge on different phases of SDLC.
- Software testing skills and conceptual knowledge of software quality processes and methodologies, with focus on web and mobile distributed applications.
- Preparation of software product/service Test Cases and Test Data.
- Execution of test cases and coordination with Developers/Designers to resolve issues and bugs.
- Functionality tests, GUI using multiple browsers.
- Document, deploy defects or bugs and report on resolution tracking.
- Knowledge on AWS Dev-Ops will be good to have.
You will impact our users directly! This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. Your job will often require coordination between multiple Development, Product, Operations and Business groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, obsessed with customer experience, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
- You will be responsible for all testing of an entire project across various platforms
- You will own the development and execution of test plans and test cases for multiple features of an application
- You will develop and maintain testing strategies, including manual and automation testing.
- You will ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
- You will participate in design and specification reviews, and use this information to design test plans.
- You will promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
- You will promote a culture of quality throughout the organization.
- 3+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual testing across android app, mobile web and desktop applications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Expertise in test methodologies and test processes.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and generate test cases from them
- Good in communicating with developers and technical leaders, even if they are remote.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
- Should be able to generate test reports and dashboards for management communication.
Junior Quality Assurance (QA) engineer role and responsibility includes:
- Understanding the product requirement.
- Develop use cases and test cases
- Execute functional and regression testing (It also includes uncovering the bugs early in the product life cycle by doing manual and automated tests to ensure product quality)
- You are responsible for conducting various levels of testing before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective.
- You will also review software requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
including PC, Mobile (app & HTML5) versions if available
Learn to be repetitive as well as unexpected. Basically you're trying to break the application /
portal / game!
Concentrate on certain areas of the game and try every possibility available
Compare new versions of game and replicate previous bugs to see if they have been fixed
Play game using different settings and options if available
Check for content, hyperlinks, landing pages, registrations, campaigns, deposits, withdrawal etc.
Test different versions of the game including PC, Mobile (app & HTML5) versions if available
Report any error codes that may pop up and report them to bug tracking software or manually.
Proof any other documentation with game including manuals, instructions and other booklets
Understand the difference between reporting a bug and reporting a feature
Prepare test cases for manual, automation
Get the new ideas to improve product
Defining processes for test plan and several phases of testing cycle.
Planning and scheduling several milestones and tasks like alpha and beta testing.
Work closely on the deadlines of the project
Ensure the team is focusing on automation along with manual testing.
Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project.
Our client is a revolutionary Educational services platform, that brings in innovation and expertise in their ways of learning. Awarded as one of the best Google apps of 2017, the app provides students with a variety of online courses that cover K12 subjects, Entrance exams, Engineering and Finance stream topics, as well as Self-help notes.
Their unique and simple AI based site and app feature 500+ courses, nearly a lakh videos and tests, and also imparts strength and weakness analysis for the students to improve their knowledge base. The 5 yr old organisation is one of the most loved ed-tech platforms that reaches more than 4.5 million registered users.
- Creating and maintaining test plans as the product grows in functionality
- Researching, designing, and implementing the automation framework for tests
- Creating processes around the entire testing workflow, all the way from test case management, test data creation, automatic bug captures, test progress measurement etc.
- Defining test specifications for functional, integration and performance testing.
- Collaborating with the development team in continuous build & deployment process
- Reporting test coverage and participating in troubleshooting
- Creating optimal test strategy (including functional, non-functional, analytics and automation) and test plans for both short term and long term projects.
- Editing Job Description
- 2-5 years of experience working in a product based startup/company
- Understand the creation and implementation of test cases for immediate test scenarios and long term test case strategies.
- BE/B.Tech from Tier 1 college (Computer Science/Relevant Degree) or great set of experience of working in startup(s)/product based companies.
- Knowledge of automation tools like Selenium suite of Tools (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid)
- Experience in testing both Android & iOS, as well as the website
- Experience in establishing/managing small teams and setting up best practices across engineering units ensuring perfect releases each time.
- Good understanding of the user experience as well as ensuring a seamless product journey for users.
- Should be able to understand requirements and test algorithms accordingly.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Should be resourceful, innovative and inventive.
- Creative in approaching the problems following different approaches, mindset, devices, environment, etc.
- Know how to prioritize things on the basis of their impact on the product & the company.
- Empathy towards students to understand the problem or take regular feedback for product improvement.
- Quality of keeping pace while working in dynamic atmosphere
- Great skills to communicate with the team and also articulate them for the internal documentation within the team members.